Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17697 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
fr_evangel:

Dude, I use BB and Nokia, I have colleagues that use Galaxy Tab, Ipad and other Android phones, we all receive our mails(yahoo etc) on our devices. Also, we receive office mails from our microsoft server. I even helped a colleague configure a Nokia E5 to receive up to 10 mails including office intranet mails also helped another colleague to configure his Chinko(china) Tablet running Android OS. I have used Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG phones and have been receiving mails directly like in BB for some years now so I don't understand all this talk of push mail service. The only thing that keeps bb going is the ease of using bbm across platform or network. Whatsapp! may not sell well yet because it is only free for 1yr. They can crucify bbm/BB if they make it work like BB where u get your access bundled with your data plan. They can do this with the networks, it will be the killer punch! Mind you,I still use BB but seriously considering a move to Android(HTC or Samsung) or Iphone. My only problem is that I love using QWERTY keyboard, not really a fan of all-touch thing but again the keypad robs me of large display, anyway, I guess I can't have my cake and eat it.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
fr_evangel:

Dude, I use BB and Nokia, I have colleagues that use Galaxy Tab, Ipad and other Android phones, we all receive our mails(yahoo etc) on our devices. Also, we receive office mails from our microsoft server. I even helped a colleague configure a Nokia E5 to receive up to 10 mails including office intranet mails also helped another colleague to configure his Chinko(china) Tablet running Android OS. I have used Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG phones and have been receiving mails directly like in BB for some years now so I don't understand all this talk of push mail service. The only thing that keeps bb going is the ease of using bbm across platform or network. Whatsapp! may not sell well yet because it is only free for 1yr. They can crucify bbm/BB if they make it work like BB where u get your access bundled with your data plan. They can do this with the networks, it will be the killer punch! Mind you,I still use BB but seriously considering a move to Android(HTC or Samsung) or Iphone. My only problem is that I love using QWERTY keyboard, not really a fan of all-touch thing but again the keypad robs me of large display, anyway, I guess I can't have my cake and eat it.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
GBAM!!!!!!! U ve said it all....EOD
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by MMM2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
6. Sagem
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Israel5(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
sowi?? i tot we've gat busy pipz in here.. y waste ur tym on a fluctuating rate..idle pipz argue unnecessarily..ma point is, beat it yo'l!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ikekings(m): 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Hmmmmm..... Nawa ooo RIM wahala go become another pesin headache.....
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by brianromel(m): 12:50am On Aug 03, 2012
my own two cents. Did you know that most countries in the world today do not have Blackberry internet service.

Though most have wireless access and high data bandwidth plans for other devices and phones.

Typically in hongkong, they have very few areas you can use a bb, but everywhere you go there has a wireless network, and most people use an iphone or ipod nano to browse and make skype calls.

In india, there is bb service, but wireless internet and wifi hotspots which offer unlimited internet access and gangster face downloads beat blackberry to the punch, cos most people there use mp4 devices android phones, tablet pcs,ipads,iphone and ipods to make calls and surf the web.

Same goes for china,sweden,ukraine,austria,finland, turkey, south africa most of europe and canada and america.

Why bb is seen as a big do here is simple because we have not been offered wifi solutions and wifi hotspot freely as offered by most countries.

In most of the countries mentiobed above, most people hardly pay phone bills to their local gsm or telephone providers as they prefer to pay monthly data bills for fast internet and higher speeds to make voice and video call on skype and other voip services. That offer cheaper calling rates than their gsm or telephone carriers.

I nigeria as a case, most people using swift and other wifi services who have the opportunity o having them at the office and at home , hardly use a bb.

For me,i thinks most bb users in naija just see it as a status symbol or just a way to chat without making a call. Which for me is just old school. Things i did in the ago of morange in 06 07.

I remember when bb was the top in all adverts by mtn glo and airtel. Now they all offer other smartphones aside from bb with low (2gb) dataplans.

Even the networks know that bb is old school, as even samsung insulted it in making their galaxy pocket advert, with anyone saying anything about it or sueing them for it.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pinozino: 5:31am On Aug 03, 2012
Its ok,the position has nothing to do wit its service and pinging facility that other brand doesn't have, 4 now,I can not divorce my BB! While wait 4 BB10...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2012
pinozino: Its ok,the position has nothing to do wit its service and pinging facility that other brand doesn't have, 4 now,I can not divorce my BB! While wait 4 BB10...

Its funny how people out of ignorance write unsubstantiated claims just because RIM is on a normal decline. I own several communication gadgets one can think of from ipad to netbooks to laptops to HTC to samsung galaxy to Nokia N900 to iphone to Blackberry. Why am I stuck to the blackberry most times? Socializing and nothing more. The only thing I'm still wondering is why they have refused to upgrade to video calls on blackberry. That alone will boost their market in Africa.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by codernoni: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2012
ITbomb:
There is something I don't understand about this emailing service , is it different from Nokia Email Messaging that you can add up to 10 email address and gives you alert on new mails. It has always been with us
Ignorance bro.. Most of them don't know nokia does it as well with unlimited accounts even. The only arguement some pipo have is that nokia's delivery is slower than bbs. And the difference is recorded in seconds.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by codernoni: 7:35am On Aug 03, 2012
The good things is that airtel's bIS can be used on Nokia, Iphone, androids and PC but its capped @ 1gb tho. Its still a fair bargain IMO.
I even wanna sell my curve 3 and get a nokia e6 soonest.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 03, 2012
Abagworo: Its funny how people out of ignorance write unsubstantiated claims just because RIM is on a normal decline. I own several communication gadgets one can think of from ipad to netbooks to laptops to HTC to samsung galaxy to Nokia N900 to iphone to Blackberry. Why am I stuck to the blackberry most times? Socializing and nothing more. The only thing I'm still wondering is why they have refused to upgrade to video calls on blackberry. That alone will boost their market in Africa.

Thank you! They are so behind that I'm beginning to despise managing sad
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by GeorgeD1(m): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2012
sour grapes! wink
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
When a company fails to innovate by not listening to the voices of the people/customers that is when it starts to crumble.That is the consequential cause of RIM deep fall in global smartphone market.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by deleo16(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2012
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by GeorgeD1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
in a couple years from now, bb will become history.

i wonder what these 'bb babes' will cling to next as a 'status symbol'! grin

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ITbomb(m): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
I see BB rising again provided they are not as stubborn as Nokia
www.nairaland.com/1009786/rim-blackberry-seriously-considering-switch
Imagine BB going Android
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by GeorgeD1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
well, that may be possible but only in the dreams of bb ping addicts! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.