Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17695 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2012
cos it smells like some shyyt! Do I need to get infected with HIV to believe it kills when people are around me are dropping? I usually learn by observation and not experienceundecided what is fuccked is fuccked!

sarutobie:
BB is fuckery,you haven't used it,so tell me how you came to this 'certain conclusion'?
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
cos it smells like some shyyt! Do I need to get infected with HIV to believe it kills when people are around me are dropping? I usually learn by observation and not experienceundecided what is fuccked is fuccked!

no money for him perhaps.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by chucky234(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: Nigeria will never move on when the world is remember when blackberry used 2 be a symbol of wealth. . .it was not common in Naija. . .nOw that it has droppped they love it(or shud i say,they can now purchase it) but not 2 worry in d year 2020 the SGS3s and and apple/motorola/Nokia smartphones will get here. . .Just be patient ppl
Why are you trying to generalised poverty,if you are wretchedly poor that's not to say everyone is poor. You are worshiping SGS3 and hoping to buy one in 2020 when my kid brother is already flexing a white S3,I bought my first BB(8830) in 2005 the same year it was introduced into naija market and there were many wealthy Nigerians who bought as well.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by chucky234(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2012
ITbomb: Can someone pls explain the logic behind network providers giving unlimited bundle to RIM and limited to other manufacturers. Is it a server issue?
That's because BB subscriptions works directly with RIM server while other smartphones uses SP servers(Airtel,Etisalat,MTN,Glo,Starcooms)

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ITbomb(m): 11:22am On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: SP servers?
Abeg I dey learn
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 11:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

*laughs*...for me,with the current siphonings telecommunication companies are practicing in nigeria,blackberry is good value for money(for me)..I aint bothered about '400,000 games and apps' mantra..not everybody is a tech geek.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2012
donniemc:

ITS a CROSS PLATFORM [works on Android, Iphone, BBm, Nokia e.t.c} CHAT APP LIKE BBM! and it has a ton Of more modern features too, its the new "Facebook' of mobile Devices..........and Btw am a big fan of you and ROssik, i love u guyz OPTIMISTIC VIEWS ON AFRICA
Thanks a great deal. I will try to download it on my phone. Africa is our home, we have no other home. Patriotism demands that we promote our own and keep positive outlook on things. Rome wasnt built in a day.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by charlsecy4(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2012
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2012
charlsecy4: See weak points of BlackBerry devices
Was expecting a well detailed write-up..
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2012
I see, is it all about being poor? undecided

Then go play with your mates, silly boy!

sarutobie:
*laughs*...for me,with the current siphonings telecommunication companies are practicing in nigeria,blackberry is good value for money(for me)..I aint bothered about '400,000 games and apps' mantra..not everybody is a tech geek.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by flexdee(m): 11:40am On Aug 02, 2012
francis247: End shall never wonder. Despite launching bb Porsche? They should upgrade it to bb Hummer fast, who knows, things may turn around. Just saying!

Hehe! I no fit shout
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: Why are you trying to generalised poverty,if you are wretchedly poor that's not to say everyone is poor. You are worshiping SGS3 and hoping to buy one in 2020 when my kid brother is already flexing a white S3,I bought my first BB(8830) in 2005 the same year it was introduced into naija market and there were many wealthy Nigerians who bought as well.

why you always dey brag?
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 11:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I see, is it all about being poor? undecided

Then go play with your mates, silly boy!

Did I insult you on my previous post?.wasn't I stating my opinion?..you and your entire lineage are definitely mentally deranged!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Dondbuzor: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%
I don't know y u said the above but I think u deserve a special recognition(award) for ur above statement.
Congrats; u ve won d dumbest poster of the day award for say'n d above.
Collect ur medal from seun or mukina.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by jpphilips(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2012
DheBuck: The reason a lot of us use a BB is for nothing else except the special internet bundles it has...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among nigerians

simple and short!!!!

Network providers favor BB users with internet bundle, else BB wont even exist in Naija
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2012
can't be bothered with what some broke asrsss demented looney spewed on nairaland. Now, walk along the herds of hybrid goats.

sarutobie:
Did I insult you on my previous post?.wasn't I stating my opinion?..you and your entire lineage are definitely mentally deranged!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by monami2abd: 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
BB Rules!!! All you follow follow that buy phones because its in vogue soon Apple and Samsung will be out of vogue and i trust you all will start saying Apple and Samsung are useless phones.. Remember what Bob marley said: Emancipate yourself from mental slavery instead of practicing follow follow, have your own mind. Am sure most of you don't even know how to use the Apple and Samsung self, because i have seen loads of people that carry it around just for show offs... SMH

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rex123(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!
I was reading somewhere last year that they wanted to make the minimum wage in Nigeria 18, 000 naira a month and some of the States refused as they could not afford that?.

Did you know that it is illegal to pay a worker less than minimum 10,000naira for a day of work in Canada Fools, you are not talking about Greece or Spain ooo!! Lol

Canada can take over Naija by force any day and Naija can not defend itself again our force...I'm sure you know this...so be quiet please, k

Hahahahahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue

I have been trying so hard №† Τ̅☺ reply this retarded, buh it lky I can't just take it . WTF i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ wit this canadian bullshit. Yeah Canada i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ developed i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ dat y a white assshit shuld speak trash abt my county. This asshole shuld get d F out of this Forum
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ikekings(m): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
SUPER STORY......
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
can't be bothered with what some broke asrsss demented looney spewed on nairaland. Now, walk along the herds of hybrid goats.

Your profile pix is enough pointer for me to acertain your likes..good for nothing,gold digging,spineless,lazy arse ape..
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by cocoduck: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
joeydozzy:

why you always dey brag?

leave am na poltrician pikin be that oo dem like nigeria as e be
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by lawizle(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
cindyrella: Alas! I guess it is time for me to throw my BB away.. cry cry

@ur peril dumb head.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by lawizle(m): 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
blink182: So you own a BB because its in the top 5? Talking like you knew bb's position before this happened.

I am really sorry for people like you who buy stuff for buying sake without seeing any tangible service it can offer you.

Poverty atimes make some one sound prudent.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by PGON(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
4bobo: Current Top 5 are
1.Samsung
2.Apple
3.Nokia
4.Htc
5.Zte (first time ever)
sorry bb o. May be nigerian are keeping you alive. Or they should start android bb lol. But seriously, out of the top current top 5 now , 3 are running on android os despite their legal battles with apple. It seems it has come to stay at least for now.

http://www.globalnews.ca/rim+no+longer+among+top+5+smartphone+makers/6442687730/story.html

Why is Tecno not in the list. Tecno phones sold in only one state in Nigeria is enough to get the company into the Top 5.
They should go back and do another statistics, this one is wrong.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ochukoccna: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gosh!
Another BB hate thread makes NL's front page
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by lawizle(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%

Ur foolishness is legen"wait for it"DARY
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by cindyrella(f): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
blink182: So you own a BB because its in the top 5? Talking like you knew bb's position before this happened.

I am really sorry for people like you who buy stuff for buying sake without seeing any tangible service it can offer you.
Now what is your own? Why are u drinking panadol for another man's headache?
Mtcheeeeeeeew!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by cindyrella(f): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
lawizle:

@ur peril dumb head.
You are a f00l
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by blackbeau1(f): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
What does it matter to me That BB aint among the top 5 brands in the world? My house aint among the posh cribs in the world but. I live in it.as far as the phone meets my requirements and needs,that's ok for me

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Onyenna(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
ollah1: I'm still wondering why you can't copy paste with the keypad on a bb and why you phone gets hot when you turn on 3G.

Use your 'shift' key to copy(^|aA)....
If u are using opera, press and hold your track pad.....
My nokia 3120c also heats up anytime I turn on 3G... Most phones heat up on 3G.... And 3G consumes more battery life on all phones....
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Dude take it easy! We can still force-feed your army with Cassava bread! grin

lmao grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: The manufacturers were ranked based on market shares (sales), if it were to be based on quality then HTC will be up there on second as its One S and One X is only bettered by Samsung galaxy S3.
Nokia is no where near 5th in terms of quality as the only Nokia phone worthy of mention is the failed Lumia 900,the ranking should be done based on quality because many Nlanders don't even know what market shares are.
its true nOkia doesnt make d top 5. . .but check anywhere it makes the top 10 based on quality and d highly rated torch(abi shey na touch) isnt even in tpo 20. . .EVEN motorola has their smartphone in top 10 confirm anywhere,infact google it. . .wiki it. . .bing it(which other search engine) infact sef.,NairaLand it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.