Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17700 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by otokx(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2012
It maybe number 1 in Nigeria.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!
I was reading somewhere last year that they wanted to make the minimum wage in Nigeria 18, 000 naira a month and some of the States refused as they could not afford that?.

Did you know that it is illegal to pay a worker less than minimum 10,000naira for a day of work in Canada Fools, you are not talking about Greece or Spain ooo!! Lol

Canada can take over Naija by force any day and Naija can not defend itself again our force...I'm sure you know this...so be quiet please, k

Hahahahahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue

Lol @your ignorance. I personally am wealthier than at least 30 percent of Canadians and so are all my friends. How many of y'all own luxury houses across the world? Majority of us do not work for government and we do not actually live on less than 1 Dollar a day as you read on the news. Maybe you are talking about the North and not Southern Nigeria.

So stop suffering there and coming home to intimidate less traveled people in your village like you are living in paradise. Come to Port Harcourt and challenge young men like yourself in money spending spree.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2012
Bad ambassador
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2012
Nigeria will never move on when the world is remember when blackberry used 2 be a symbol of wealth. . .it was not common in Naija. . .nOw that it has droppped they love it(or shud i say,they can now purchase it) but not 2 worry in d year 2020 the SGS3s and and apple/motorola/Nokia smartphones will get here. . .Just be patient ppl

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: Nigeria will never move on when the world is remember when blackberry used 2 be a symbol of wealth. . .it was not common in Naija. . .nOw that it has droppped they love it(or shud i say,they can now purchase it) but not 2 worry in d year 2020 the SGS3s and and apple/motorola/Nokia smartphones will get here. . .Just be patient ppl

Y'all are getting it so wrong. Nigerians are using blackberry because of bbm. Most people feel excommunicated without the bbm that's all. It is the easiest way of communication in Nigeria today and girls need it most for socializing and love peddling. Nobody sees it as a status symbol.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2012
str8_talk: BB has never given me anytin 2 brag about except being amused by d way Nigerians especially our girls flaunt it about 4 d world. Smh!
mY brOda may God bless you exponentially. . .i jUst wish dose stu.pid girls would see 1fyr old americans going about with smartphones they'll not own in 10yrs. Chai!!(NAijA!!)smmfh!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2012
There is something addictive about BB, the BBM is second to none, and the emailing service is a great plus. Even though I have the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note and even the Apple Products, I still dont understand why I feel so excommunicated without a BBM. I have never missed any phone before, but BB seems a part of my life. I dont expect BB to be No. 1 in the world, I just expect it to network me with my business partners, maintain the cheap data plan and also alerts me instantly when I receive email. I cant do without a BB, if you see me moving with Flagship Galaxy Note and iPhone, its just to augment my status. BB is my real love.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2012
Abagworo:

Y'all are getting it so wrong. Nigerians are using blackberry because of bbm. Most people feel excommunicated without the bbm that's all. It is the easiest way of communication in Nigeria today and girls need it most for socializing and love peddling. Nobody sees it as a status symbol.
yes some girls d reasonable ones,that is very correct. . .but dude if you really mingle with ppl a lot,i mean a lot. . .U'll see these maulagan girls flaunting d tin as if God uses it too. . .i was at one of these resorts not 2 long ago. . .and i know this sounds unbelievable but there was dis girl that was swimming and asked her sister 2 bring her her phone(na curve 2 o!!) so d girl innocently gave her d phone in d pool,guy,u need 2 see d way dis girl shouted and screamed at her sister accusing of trying 2 'spoil' her expensive 45000naIra phone. . .i agree with what u said though but thats just d few reasonable ones of 'em.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: There is something addictive about BB, the BBM is second to none, and the emailing service is a great plus. Even those I have the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note and even the Apple Products, I still dont understand why I feel so excommunicated without a BBM. I have never missed any phone before, but BB seems a part of my life. I dont expect BB to be No. 1 in the world, I just expect it to network me with my business partners, maintain the cheap data plan and also alerts me instantly when I receive email. I cant do without a BB, if you see me moving with Flagship Galaxy Note and iPhone, its just to augment my Billionaire's status. BB is my real love.
lol. . I like yu,u knOw d rich ones when u see them,Lol.ur right cos most ppl use it as a 2nd phone for d purposes u'v stated. . .but i'm sure this thread was created 2 show some girls(we all know them) that THEIR 'BB' is ntn 2 flaunt about
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by walcolm(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2012
4bobo:
Its like you just bought your bb and you have not really enjoyed it.
For your info, it has been listed as one of the brand that will extinct as soon as possible especially before the end of next year if nothing is done to improve their current platforms and situations. So if you like ,keep it as souvenir.
Why it may be difficult for the users is because speculations create results fast even in abroad unless they (RIM) operate on new platform that is better. If many people start abandoning them for other phones, as you know, smartphones are getting cheaper day by day (no thanks to android os)subscription tariffs especially in naija will be drastically increased. Then you know what will happen next.

how did you deduce i bought my bb and i've not really enjoyed it? wow...you must be a whiz kid. infact you should start your own divination school and teach people how to see vision

lipsrsealed rubbish

fyi..i've used all the top range BB released in the last 5yrs and i intend to continue using it
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2012
fippycbk: Did you read the news well? Did you come across the part that says "RIM falls out of the top 5 for the very 1st time"? Or are you 1 of those hating cos you don't have 1? Or hating cos you wuld have loved to have a blackberry and a nokia at the same time but can't afford it? Get a life...na 5days ago news be this.
Lol. . .4rm ur tone i think ur one of those hating cos u dont av an iPhone or an S3grin but dude are you for real?? Hating cos of not owning a BB?? PLsss(scofs) i'll be fucking proud if iget d coming Iphone5 man(now dats sometin 2 be jealous about8-)) anyways if 'bb' goes back up again feel free 2 chop off my head man.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2012
Nigerian guyz seem to hate BB girls, why ? There is no reason to hate BB or hate BB girls. For me, If I see a pretty damsel, and she is not on BB, first thing i do is, buy her a Bold5, to show that I care, then the next thing is get the PIN and we continue from there. Seriously, there is no dull moment if you are me. Cos you will always have at least 10 girls in your palm (in your BB). With success comes love of all things, if you hate certain things for no reason, you are telling the spirits that you dont want them, when in essence you may just hate them cos you cant afford them. Love everything and everything will be made available unto you by the spirits of the Universe. I am one such example. From today, begin to love BB and BB girls and your life will be transformed.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%
no mind d gUy jare. . .na ignorance dey worry am

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigerian guyz seem to hate BB girls, why ? There is no reason to hate BB or hate BB girls. For me, If I see a pretty damsel, and she is not on BB, first thing i do is, buy her a Bold5, to show that I care, then the next thing is get the PIN and we continue from there. Seriously, there is no dull moment if you are me. Cos you will always have at least 10 girls in your palm (in your BB). With success comes love of all things, if you hate certain things for no reason, you are telling the spirits that you dont want them, when in essence you may just hate them cos you cant afford them. Love everything and everything will be made available unto you by the spirits of the Universe. I am one such example. From today, begin to love BB and BB girls and your life will be transformed.
u want 2 know why. . .because with a bb they feel they own d world.i agree with d giving them a bb for d pin girls in your hand tin. . .that is very correct. . .2 modify that i'd buy them(if i can afford,unfortunately i cant at d moment(student tins)) a blacberry for d communication and a nice apple Iphone for d status. . .
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:14am On Aug 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Can you get SWYPE on your i-phone? It makes typing easier
Exactly bRO. . .it rOcks On android like. . .
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2012
Decryptor: Are u ok? Internet Bundles is what you get from your service provider( ie: MTN, Etisalat etc) and that's only when you pay for it. It does not come with your device. HABA
i think he's speaking of bIs and d communication tin
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: u want 2 know why. . .because with a bb they feel they own d world.i agree with d giving them a bb for d pin girls in your hand tin. . .that is very correct. . .2 modify that i'd buy them(if i can afford,unfortunately i cant at d moment(student tins)) a blacberry for d communication and a nice apple Iphone for d status. . .
You will do great after school. Just keep an open mind, and dont hate BB and BB gurls. BB has made it so easy to woo the most beautiful damsels, do you know that even half of the girls using BB, that guys who know whats up actually bought those phones for the girls ? I can remember how the saleslady at SLOT, a phone shop at Saka Tinubu in VI, denied to sell BB for me, said I have bought too many BBs, I had to go to another shop to get the BB, cos I just needed to give it to my account officer, she wasnt with a BB, and I needed to have her in my palm (on my BB). It worked like magic, it didnt take me 2 days to seal the deal. BB is always on two modes. Work mode and Romance mode. And I pretty well keep them on those modes. No other phone does that. Never.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by donniemc: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2012
EVEN APPLE WOULD BE OFF THAT CHART IN HALF A DECADE OR SO....The Future is "Opensource" ,Android is King ,BBm is a passing Fad, Whatzapp!! is the new craze, Nigerian and South african Telcos would soon catch on to the android Craze too
AND IF "SEUN OSEWA" CAN SPELL THE WORD "FUTURE" HE SHOULD BE THINKING OF MAKING A DEDICATED ANDROID OS FOR THE NAIJA MARKET!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!
I was reading somewhere last year that they wanted to make the minimum wage in Nigeria 18, 000 naira a month and some of the States refused as they could not afford that?.

Did you know that it is illegal to pay a worker less than minimum 10,000naira for a day of work in Canada Fools, you are not talking about Greece or Spain ooo!! Lol

Canada can take over Naija by force any day and Naija can not defend itself again our force...I'm sure you know this...so be quiet please, k

Hahahahahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue
i'm not talking about you cos i dont know you,but what friends of mine tell me when they visit is dat nigerians in the U.s. . .dunno about canada dont have good jobs(permit or not1 what most of them do is menial job and stuff,cleaning dat kinda shi* for me. . .i'm just doing good here i'll get a real nice job outta skul or get some bussiness set up. . And i'l end up making much more than a Nigerian bartender in canada man.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2012
donniemc: EVEN APPLE WOULD BE OFF THAT CHART IN HALF A DECADE OR SO....The Future is "Opensource" ,Android is King ,BBm is a passing Fad, Whatzapp!! is the new craze, Nigerian and South african Telcos would soon catch on to the android Craze too
AND IF "SEUN OSEWA" CAN SPELL THE WORD "FUTURE" HE SHOULD BE THINKING OF MAKING A DEDICATED ANDROID OS FOR THE NAIJA MARKET!!
Tell me about that whatzapp, I have heard about it.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by NEROSKY(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2012
str8_talk: BB has never given me anytin 2 brag about except being amused by d way Nigerians especially our girls flaunt it about 4 d world. Smh!
Am tired of BB
I bought bold 2 jst to knw hw it lukS lik n wat giRls CAn not sleep if they don't have it tho am symbian freak and addicted
Now Only little advantage I can see is D unlimited DOwnloads , I use up to 400MB everyday cheesy
I even want to sell my Bold 2 to get myselF E6
BB ain't Smarter than any other Symbian new model phone esp NOkia Window phones or Sony ericcson Xperia's
If any phone can browse wif such amount U will B seeing BB in girls hand mostly
Disparity B/w Whatsapp $ BBm is jst bare ...

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Who me Lolz take it easy ooo! We can stop all ur BB phones from working with the switch of a button here in Canada ooo!

Y'all better be nice...
dude who is we. . .i'm sure all uv even seen of d RIM s d tall building and front door. . LMfAOOO!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by dj187: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2012
ekt_bear: The pride of Canada...defeated. Alas..
Na wa o!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by donniemc: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Tell me about that whatzapp, I have heard about it.

ITS a CROSS PLATFORM [works on Android, Iphone, BBm, Nokia e.t.c} CHAT APP LIKE BBM! and it has a ton Of more modern features too, its the new "Facebook' of mobile Devices..........and Btw am a big fan of you and ROssik, i love u guyz OPTIMISTIC VIEWS ON AFRICA
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2012
Dude, let's not go down the endless argument of which phone is better.BB is fuckery and I haven't use any in my entire life. I actually went for the porsche after the hype and was very disappointed with the shyytt. Give me driod for life coolThat said.

BB porsche is not some out of series model and as such it qualifies to be the most expensive phone out there. else, present your facts let's examine them. mark you, we are not talking about custom-made phones, made with raw gold or laced with diamond pellets, so don't go about posting some 2 million dollars gold plated Nokia customized phone.

dmainboss:

How can you use one brand of BB that couldnt even sell to save its life as a measuring yardstick.

BB is not the most expensive phone. Making an irrelevant "customized" status brand that doesnt sell doesnt make a phone the most expensive phone. The BBs that are selling are Bold, Torch, Curve, etc. Compare that With the Samsungs and HTC and Apples. Any manufacturer can come out and gold plate their phone and sell it at 500k. Their equivalent tab, playbook, was a mess. How can you make a tab that has no wifi and browses by bridging with another BB phone draining 2 batteries at the same time. That has got to be the dumbest thing I ve ever seen. The whole creative department should be fired for that release. The way this BB phone hangs and freezes is legendary. It makes microsoft look like alliens.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ITbomb(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: There is something addictive about BB, the BBM is second to none, and the emailing service is a great plus.
There is something I don't understand about this emailing service , is it different from Nokia Email Messaging that you can add up to 10 email address and gives you alert on new mails. It has always been with us

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by chucky234(m): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2012
The manufacturers were ranked based on market shares (sales), if it were to be based on quality then HTC will be up there on second as its One S and One X is only bettered by Samsung galaxy S3.
Nokia is no where near 5th in terms of quality as the only Nokia phone worthy of mention is the failed Lumia 900,the ranking should be done based on quality because many Nlanders don't even know what market shares are.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Dude, let's not go down the endless argument of which phone is better.BB is fuckery and I haven't use any in my entire life. I actually went for the porsche after the hype and was very disappointed with the shyytt. Give me driod for life coolThat said.

BB porsche is not some out of series model and as such it qualifies to be the most expensive phone out there. else, present your facts let's examine them. mark you, we are not talking about custom-made phones, made with raw gold or laced with diamond pellets, so don't go about posting some 2 million dollars gold plated Nokia customized phone.

BB is fuckery,you haven't used it,so tell me how you came to this 'certain conclusion'?
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by chucky234(m): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2012
ITbomb:
There is something I don't understand about this emailing service , is it different from Nokia Email Messaging that you can add up to 10 email address and gives you alert on new mails. It has always been with us
BB's email push is unrivalled not even SGS3 come close.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2012
NEROSKY:
Am tired of BB
I bought bold 2 jst to knw hw it lukS lik n wat giRls CAn not sleep if they don't have it tho am symbian freak and addicted
Now Only little advantage I can see is D unlimited DOwnloads , I use up to 400MB everyday cheesy
I even want to sell my Bold 2 to get myselF E6
BB ain't Smarter than any other Symbian new model phone esp NOkia Window phones or Sony ericcson Xperia's
If any phone can browse wif such amount U will B seeing BB in girls hand mostly
Disparity B/w Whatsapp $ BBm is jst bare ...
If you find an android phone or nokia phone that downloads 400mb worth of data in a day for one full month at 1,500 naira,let me know..
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ITbomb(m): 10:59am On Aug 02, 2012
Can someone pls explain the logic behind network providers giving unlimited bundle to RIM and limited to other manufacturers. Is it a server issue?
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2012
Guys, think about this. Lmfao! Y'all claim to hate RIM and the BB, but they're the most talked about company and device on NL. Seriously, how many times will a BB/RIM thread make the front page? Like four times in three weeks? Lol! Now how many times have there been an iPhone or Android thread on the front page? Lol! You drive their business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan. / Activating 3g On Etisalat Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.