Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17696 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by sarutobie(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2012
DammyFx: people use BB is for only because of cheap bundle ...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among Nigerians
Nothing more..nothing less.blackberry is thriving IN nigeria because of its data compressing features which results to cheaper internet bundles..whenever mtn and co reduces their dataplan for android phones,then.....as a student who needs cheap access to information on the internet,blackberry is ok for moi..
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by walcolm(m): 7:29am On Aug 02, 2012
ok so the topic has made Nairaland headline, RIM is not one of the top 5 smartphone manufacturer

how does that affect any of you guys? does it mean your shares in apple or samsung has increased in value? or maybe you are planning a take over bid so you can own the RIMM?

oh, maybe your beloved Nokia or iPhone is now cheaper?

mtshweeeew lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Super1759: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2012
Wether bb or not. Phone na phone

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ektbear: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2012
walcolm:
how does that affect any of you guys? does it mean your shares in apple or samsung has increased in value?

Actually, yes. My Apple shares have likely increased in value as a result of this development grin
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 02, 2012
People keep talking about pinging things. Me I own a blackberry because of the special internet bundle.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

You are so right on that my guy...! Hahaha.
They (our big brother to the south) try to bully us sometimes because they are way bigger than us...but Naija may have more people than we do, however, since we are so much richer and more advanced than Naija we can take Naija by force any day we want and there ain't a thing the 160million naija people can do to stop us!!

I'm going to ruffle a lot of feathers here today but I didn't start the attack...this guy quoted bellow did:

Oh, if things get out of control in a war between Canada and Naija...our big brother to the south can always come to our rescue shaa!! Abi? grin grin grin
_
Dude take it easy! We can still force-feed your army with Cassava bread! grin
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2012
walcolm: ok so the topic has made Nairaland headline, RIM is not one of the top 5 smartphone manufacturer

how does that affect any of you guys? does it mean your shares in apple or samsung has increased in value? or maybe you are planning a take over bid so you can own the RIMM?

oh, maybe your beloved Nokia or iPhone is now cheaper?

mtshweeeew lipsrsealed
Its like you just bought your bb and you have not really enjoyed it.
For your info, it has been listed as one of the brand that will extinct as soon as possible especially before the end of next year if nothing is done to improve their current platforms and situations. So if you like ,keep it as souvenir.
Why it may be difficult for the users is because speculations create results fast even in abroad unless they (RIM) operate on new platform that is better. If many people start abandoning them for other phones, as you know, smartphones are getting cheaper day by day (no thanks to android os)subscription tariffs especially in naija will be drastically increased. Then you know what will happen next.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by comm: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

WE DON'T CARE, WE HAVE A 1.5 TRILLION DOLLARS ECONOMY FOR 34 MILLION OF US...WE ARE MADE! SO, STOP CRYING FOR A NATION. BECAUSE OF A PRODUCT YOU ALL NOW WORSHIP,CRY FOR YOURSELVES and ur J J C lives! grin grin grin
going trough several of ur post here, u sound like a politician who tries hard to flaunt his wealth even when he knows there are others who deserves better than he does if not for the priviledge, and it also seems you are here to vomit your negative feelings about nigeria, this post was about the fall of bb but you have turned it in every post you make into ur low imagination about Nigeria. First, who told you Nigeria is the worst place to ever be on earth? Who told you that many nigerians will like to leave nigeria for canada given free-way. When next you need to make comment, make articulate point that depicts maturity because it makes u sound from a distance like an elite in ("wink ur trying attract about yourself and canada, we dont sort to pass in university here, thats why people fail while others are distinguished and even given scholarship to study abroad and they get there to become the best or among the top best, if canada is such a nice place like u try to paint it, it should occur to you that there are many many nigerians in almost all sector of the economy and govt. working harder than u do if at all u do to make canada what you are here trying to shout about plus many others spread across other countries around the globe because of the ingenuous nature of nigerians, also it is not a sin or flaw to buy cars, service or technology we may so desire because we do not produce or make them, we pay for them just like that country is buying and payin for other ppl tech and service without your myopic reasoning knowing, every country buys from the other it was naturally designed that non should b self sufficient. We may be having our hard times but that does not make canada better than nigeria for everyone because there are many poor canadians u even can point to but the ready made environment will make it seem they are living in affluence when in reality they are living in government provisioned buffer, I can assure you that many nigerians can feed u and ur wards comfortably both here in Nigeria and over there without pain. Never ever sound so backward cos if i can read u well i don't think you have much contribution to what u profess to be enjoying, ur just a ready made freak. Learn mehn you are too small for Nigeria now "sorry all for not talking about BB of which this thread was meant for i'l do that soon if I'm less busy here"

3 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by oubi: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2012
I don't jst know wht I am doing wit a black berry fone.. D fone is worse than a nokia java fone.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by fellory: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%
This $tunna guy u no be naija ni.why do u compare naija with canada we all know Canada is far ahead.so stop hating naija
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Cleanman(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2012
Its expected !
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by hustla(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2012
EzeUche: It failed to capitalize on the touch screen demand.

BBM was revolutionary though. But I prefer my iPhone.

I want to know how exactly it was revolutionary Sir
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by lacasa: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2012
yankidelta:

At least they have something they can beat their chest too never mind their market shares on d fall.Now,what has Nigeria with our population of 160m and counting and our vast natural resources produced? Crude oil that the same Onyibos help us drill,send to their country and sell all forms of derivatives to us?Or is it Cassava bread?

I usually get pissed when we try removing the spec from other's eyes when we have a forest covering ours.

Mtsheeew!

Gbam!.

BlackBerry still carries Naija

It makes more sense 2 use in Naija

Except Ūя̲̅ d type dat is Impractical, then hld Ūя̲̅ iphone 6 or galaxy XyZ tongue

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by hustla(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2012
DammyFx: people use BB is for only because of cheap bundle ...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among Nigerians

This was the only reason why I stopped using my over pimped iPhone,DATA!!!
That was 3Years ago,if I have money I'd go for the 4s against any type of BB..
Data Plan flexibility is needed for Android OS and iOS to be at par with BB use in Naija
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by hustla(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2012
lacasa:

Gbam!.

BlackBerry still carries Naija

It makes more sense 2 use in Naija

Except Ūя̲̅ d type dat is Impractical, then hld Ūя̲̅ iphone 6 or galaxy XyZ tongue

I'd rather not say bb makes more sense 2 use in 9ja
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by megxo(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2012
francis247: End shall never wonder. Despite launching bb Porsche? They should upgrade it to bb Hummer fast, who knows, things may turn around. Just saying!
hahahahh grin it son be BB veyron cheesy
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by fellory: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!
I was reading somewhere last year that they wanted to make the minimum wage in Nigeria 18, 000 naira a month and some of the States refused as they could not afford that?.

Did you know that it is illegal to pay a worker less than minimum 10,000naira for a day of work in Canada Fools, you are not talking about Greece or Spain ooo!! Lol

Canada can take over Naija by force any day and Naija can not defend itself again our force...I'm sure you know this...so be quiet please, k

Hahahahahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue
$tunna you are a fool
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by felifeli: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2012
Ignorance is a bad thing. There are more BB users in India and some latin America countries than in Nigeria.

engineerd: This once great company was ruined by its former overpaid executives who lacked foresight! Most CEO's in North America only know how to do one thing....CUT JOBS!
Blackberry is pretty much dead everywhere else but AFRICA(Nigeria in particular)!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Vicjay1(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2012
I said it. Blackberry have no much softwares. Samsung Galaxy on my mind.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by dmainboss: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Yeah...?? Well, news flash for ya dude, the average Nigerian in Canada makes same monthly salary as your Senators in Naija...not the stolen part, but the legitimate salary part as I saw on a thread here sometimes ago!!

That means they do not need to keep up with people in Naija!
Thanks to fake BB and stolen used BB phones, where would Naija find BB phones they can afford?? Smh

Did you know that average home in Canada is like 1/2 million dollars and you need to times that by 155 to convert to naira!?!

So, I think you get the picture...don't even go on that route dude

Dude, are you really serious? I saw your first post and thought it was a joke. But this second, am like woah! Have you been living in a cave? BB is about the cheapest phone in that list. Samsung, Apple, HTC are all more expensive than a BB. So your posturing that people are mad because they cant afford a BB is way too ridiculous!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by lordZOUGA(m): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2012
ermmm... I wouldn't be too fast in writing off RIM. Their upcoming OS 10 is very promising.. It launches with their new cascades UI which integrates Qt C++. And Qt is what nokia used in making their belle UIs very smooth. with C++ now involved in their OS that means much nicer things for BB.. Like very fluid UIs, HD games(openGL ES), open source softwares and other insanely cool stuff... Hacks too tho..
So if you have a high-end BB you probably should hold on to it until the release of OS 10 which rumors say will be released beginning of next year....
That said..
BB Sucks!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2012
"Give me back my galaxy S III, the best phone out here!"
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by whitebrown(f): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna
I read with utmost disgust,irritation and shame your lashing out at Nigeria the way you have been doing. My question do you have any ties at all to Nigeria ? If you do, you are indeed a lost lost soul who still Iives in mental captivity. I don't reside in Nigeria and by the way I am very very well travelled , but I tell you, as much as these countries do have a lot to be admired, Nigeria has a lot that can never be bought, it's a country of loving people, with rich culture, heritage and even the economy is improving and things might have started late but it will get there someday. Even the black Americans who don't know much of their ancestral background refer to Africa as home, I see lots and lots of the black actors and musicians come to SA to perform and they say it's nice to come home to Africa. We are talking African pride and renaissance, you are walking backwards. Regarding the negative image Nigerian has even with people whom had never had any interaction with a Nigerian, it's idiots like you who drag your country down and aggravates these sentimements. People are yearning for belonging, colonial slaves like you are begging to be resold into captivity. You are to date the worst case of "colonial brainwash", are you that fascinated about the tall buildings,neon lights, electricity and sights of those racist white people that you so believe you are in paradise?daily is your entire extended family in Nigeria that impoverished that your opinion about Nigeria is that everyone is hungry and malnourished? I don't know how old you are but you need to get a life really, please you are really really really embarrassing yourself , can't even believe the things you writing! Gees!

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by dmainboss: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%

People like you are a victim of crap image of Naija being peddled on the Internet. I dont blame you. Your opinions of Naija are formed by sites like NL. But its a pity. This is the result of all those rubbish reports that say 90% of Nigerians live on 2 dollar per day. Those reports that were cooked up by NGOs so they can collect grants from foreign donors and embezzle it. If you know how much the average Nigerian buys these stuff like toys, you will probably faint! Area boys and street girls are all carrying BBs around like its cheap wrist watch. Market women are using BB to communicate with their customers. You really dont have a clue of Naija. You need to visit and open your mind and get out of this Internet Naija syndrome!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by mrkels(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2012
That $Tunna guy is so pathetic abeg. And FYI , what that person meant was keeping up with the communication vibe not the status of life. Shikena.I wonder what is making you angry in that statement, people like you were molested by their father when they were young
undecided
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Rhino5dm: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2012
Dude, you are wrong! The fact is that BB is still the most expensive smart phone out there. Try buying BB porsche! The only variant that almost made me to start using BB.

dmainboss:

Dude, are you really serious? I saw your first post and thought it was a joke. But this second, am like woah! Have you been living in a cave? BB is about the cheapest phone in that list. Samsung, Apple, HTC are all more expensive than a BB. So your posturing that people are mad because they cant afford a BB is way too ridiculous!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by zone77(m): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2012
cindyrella: Alas! I guess it is time for me to throw my BB away.. cry cry

they will still bounce back and better,..its all about strategising and re inventing smart phones to compete with others
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Akanbiedu(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2012
It's a pity a lot of Nigerians do not realize how poor we are as a country, so they go about bragging about how important Nigeria is, making a fool of themselves in the process.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by dmainboss: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Dude, you are wrong! The fact is that BB is still the most expensive smart phone out there. Try buying BB porsche! The only variant that almost made me to start using BB.

How can you use one brand of BB that couldnt even sell to save its life as a measuring yardstick.

BB is not the most expensive phone. Making an irrelevant "customized" status brand that doesnt sell doesnt make a phone the most expensive phone. The BBs that are selling are Bold, Torch, Curve, etc. Compare that With the Samsungs and HTC and Apples. Any manufacturer can come out and gold plate their phone and sell it at 500k. Their equivalent tab, playbook, was a mess. How can you make a tab that has no wifi and browses by bridging with another BB phone draining 2 batteries at the same time. That has got to be the dumbest thing I ve ever seen. The whole creative department should be fired for that release. The way this BB phone hangs and freezes is legendary. It makes microsoft look like alliens.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by hillsate: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2012
What is this TUNNA fish trying to prove. Is this how you pay back your village for the money they contributed to send u to obodo oyibo?
I just spoke with your bro and he complained you no longer send money to your aged parent. Have you stopped that degrading work I told you to? The story is everywhere in your village about the work you do o. Please your bro said that your papa said you should come back home if you do not a better job.
He now has 2 bikes and 1 keke napep
Hey TUNNA, that's the message from your peeps yet you come here and sound as if you were the one who discovered canada.

Now guys, THIS IS HOW TO PROPERLY INSULT Tunna.

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2012
where is rossik to put a pan african spin on this -

shebi talking drum beta pass blackberry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.