Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign (22559 Views)

I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff / Tukur Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman / 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Responding is necessary, let me explain. Not long ago, the 19 Governors from the North held a meeting at Abuja, and declared that the North is prepared to take over power come 2015. There was no condemnation of Boko Haram! Then all of a sudden, Boko Haram has changed demand from Islamization of Nigeria to Resignation of President. Is it surprising that the demand of Boko Haram, is now similar to the demand of the 19 Northern Governors ? Your guess is as good as mine.
ur right in a way. I think these boko haramist are toos used politically by the northern leaders. Their main aim is just to get power at all cost and not any religious(islam) reasons
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by malele(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
This boko haram are the most senseless people on this planet, how can one be destroying his state of origin,in an attempt to show the world that the president can't perform. anyway the president aint resigning soon, so do ur worst.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by vanbonattel: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
when you ask your son who have been fighting you conditions for peace, if he tells you the only condition is to allow him to sleep with the fathers new wife, you should read the meaning, the son is not ready for peace!

6 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by ifihearam: 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
gramci:

It will require the concerted effort of the government and locals to deal with the BH menace.

Especially the locals my guy,its a collective responsibility....its obvious what their agenda has been over time now.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
van bonattel: if na me be jonathan every boko man will be shaking in his boots, i dont mind to bomb the whole of the affected areas to prove my point that you cannot joke with my mandate. by now they would have relocated back to afghanistan

abi o my brother
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Super1759: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
van bonattel: when you ask your son who have been fighting you conditions for peace, if he tells you the only condition is to allow him to sleep with the fathers new wife, you should read the meaning, the son is not ready for peace!
not just peace even been evicted from the house.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Dyce: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
Little time wey u get away from patience, u take am dey reply boko haram. U r jobless o. U really r Retardeeen
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by canuck(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
berem: I was wondering how he replied them! Did he also upload a video and posted it on you tube or he was simply tell us nigerians? I think silence would have been the best answer for those double crossing mud munchers!! undecided

nagoma: A blunder prone president from no shoe to permanent banana skin sandals. He gives a damn where he shouldn't and doesn't give a damn where he should. Some mothers countries do really 'ave them! shocked

slinkky: They do not deserve a reply

jevic: Silence would have been preferred.

ajf: Why would the president reply to this kain thing? Yeah Reuben Abati and his boss are truly useless...they nothing about their jobs.

Folks, a confident Commander-In-Chief would not respond to such baseless and dreamed-up requests from a faceless, good-for-nothing group, unless he is panicked and scared.

GEJ finally gives a damn. Presido is in BH's crosshairs and he is unsettled.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by isaco(m): 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote auth or=floriana]I think Reuben is on overdrive with the advent of bulldog Doyin Okupe. Did you ever read about Obama replying Bin Laden before taking him out?[/quote]
Is reply your own problem or way out.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Super1759: 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
Dyce: Little time wey u get away from patience, u take am dey reply boko haram. U r jobless o. U really r Retardeeen
bros are you talking about the president of NIGERIA? A leader of a great nation abii your old great grandfather in the village..guy give respect to whom respect is due

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by flexdee(m): 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
Let's pause for a while and think about the activities of boko boys and FG, why is it that anytime there's heat on this administration, that's when BH will come up with another cr*p?

I think there's so much to this than what we ever knew as I see it as a way of diverting our attentions from what's supposed to be a good governance. All these now made me to assume that GEJ is using BH to cover up for his cluelessness and if not he should act like a real president and C n C.

From subsidy probe to Facrook case to impeachment threat and budget implementation, Mr Gej u need to act and do the right thing for once if u don't know anything about BH activities and why are you afraid as a president?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 06, 2012
I guess boko haram have now realized that they have caused alot of damage and harm in d north with all their bombings....lol.... They have no other option or alternative to make jonathan look like a puppet, so dat they can make him unpopular and seeing him removed. Now they have resorted to using threats or dialogues....lol..... 4 all i care dey can bomb d whole north and go to hell. Welldone gej 4 respondind to their sponsors and backers..... Wild wild north...... Lol

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Everfrank(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2012
Am not sure if its the president that orders this uncalled response. The spokesman might have just runned his mouth. Otherwise its quite unpresidential.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by isaco(m): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2012
Ask mr boko dat if Gej resigns who takes over.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Oluwadare: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2012
This is the game of the thrones SEASON 3 EPISODE 2, Oh!! Bleep u olympic & bba for veered my attention away. Can some1 tell me what's gonno happen next pls?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Detongue: 12:03am On Aug 06, 2012
I agree with everybody who thinks GEJ should not hv replied dis idiootts.
Now i'm convince dat dis idioots are not just religious but political.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by passionate88: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2012
Who for resign before? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Detongue: 12:10am On Aug 06, 2012
Dyce: Little time wey u get away from patience, u take am dey reply boko haram. U r jobless o. U really r Retardeeen

very sure u were talking about ur father who is wallowing in d village
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by REVOLUTNIS: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2012
Ogoni Declares "Self-Government"
Posted: August 3, 2012 - 02:02
Ogoni Flag
By Dr. Goodluck Diigbo/Tambari Deekor

“We are acting with legitimacy to reclaim all of our rights, without exception,” says Goodluck Diigbo

Jubilations are continuing throughout Ogoniland after the Ogoni people in southern Nigeria, today, Thursday, 2nd of August declared political autonomy.

In a live broadcast on a newly established radio station: Voice of Ogoni, MOSOP President/Spokesman, Dr. Goodluck Diigbo vowed that:“By this declaration of political autonomy, we, the Ogoni people are determined to enforce the United Nations Declaration on Rights of Indigenous Peoples, without fear or retreat,” Diigbo said.

Diigbo affirmed that self-government within Nigeria will secure for the Ogoni people, their indigenous rights, enable them to meet their needs and interests and finally end internal colonialism.

Diigbo said self-government became urgent recognizing the need to arrive at a consensus to collectively review the disputed UNEP Ogoniland Oil Assessment report, because any dialogue must be with the genuinely elected representatives of the people expected to enforce indigenous rights without dictation.

In the broadcast, Diigbo further underscored the reason for the urgency of self-government for Ogoni: “Concerned that in the absence of a responsive government that the indigenous people of Ogoni will continue to suffer from historic injustices.”

Diigbo stated: “In order to make indigenous rights practicable in Ogoni, we have through a very transparent electoral college process, beginning with community by community elections, set up 272 village councils, while the village councils in turn elected representatives for 33 district councils and the district representatives went on to elect representatives to serve at the center as custodians of customs and traditions, otherwise called lawmakers.”

“The law makers in turn elected the executive arm of the Ogoni Central Indigenous Authority (OCIA) with checks and balances inbuilt to ensure corruption-free, effective, efficient and answerable system of grassroots self-government instead of the old, corrupt and mismanaged local government system endured by the Ogoni for decades,” Diigbo explained.

“In taking these measures, we are quite aware of the discomfort to about 56 local politicians that control local government politics in Ogoni, however, we care more about the 1.2 million people that have for too long been excluded,” he stated.

He announced that a Transitional Committee was already set up to facilitate dialogue to ensure peaceful transition, within 30 days, while consultation with the national government and international community begins without delay.

Diigbo emphasized the need for Ogonis to remain law-abiding and act nonviolently; saying “we are acting with legitimacy to reclaim all of our rights, without exception, and for the sake of peace and security; let no one test the collective will of the Ogoni people, because we will not surrender our indigenous rights anymore.”

Excerpts:

In 1990, we the people of Ogoni presented the Ogoni Bill of Rights to the Government and people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, in which the Ogoni nonviolently demanded among other indigenous rights:

· Political autonomy to participate in the affairs of the Republic as a distinct and separate indigenous unit (by whatever name called), provided that this autonomy guarantees political control of Ogoni affairs by Ogoni people; The right to control and use a fair proportion of Ogoni economic resources for Ogoni development; adequate representations, as of right, in all Nigerian national institutions, and the right to protect the Ogoni environment and ecology from further degradation as recognized under international law to which Nigeria is obligated.

Nigeria, a multi-ethnic nation state, a legacy of the British colonial administration, granted political independence October 1, 1960, after the British violated Ogoni independence in 1901, did not respond to the Ogoni, inhabiting their ancestral land in southern Nigeria.

When in the struggle for indigenous political autonomy; especially, in matters concerning confiscation of sacred ancestral lands for oil production without prior informed consent, there comes a moment to assert powers derived from the consent of the people and Nature’s blessings in order to protect, preserve and pass on inherited sacred ancestral heritage to succeeding indigenous generations. On behalf of the entire Ogoni people, I am highly honored to present these issues surrounding the proposed Ogoni Declaration of Political Autonomy.

Part of Full Text

30. That despite the fact that the “Nigerian Constitution” and other laws and policies provide for a local government system, in reality, the local government constitutional provisions meant to extend the principle of Federalism to its logical conclusion, by bringing the government to the grassroots level, do not apply in Ogoniland as a result of corruption and public deception by local and state political actors and the lack of enforcement of the shaky “Nigerian constitution” by the federal government;

31. That, this is because quite often local governments are frequently dissolved in Ogoniland without any explanation rendered to the Ogoni people;

32. That, essential appointments into local government service are often suspended for several years without information to the Ogoni people about the reason for such suspension, when the local authorities still operate budgetary provisions for needed manpower;

33. That the elected representatives who have supported this proposed declaration of political autonomy for the Ogoni people as they have bitterly complained that the present system of local government in Nigeria does not allow them the freedom to govern according to the wishes of the people;

34. That individual local government chairman has to remit monthly allowances in substantial amounts to those politicians at the state and national levels that put them into office;

35. That since local government operators are often imposed on the people, they, the local operators are required to compensate for the way they are often put into office through massive and violent rigging of elections;

36. That in the circumstance, the local operators, expected to respond to yearnings of their grassroots constituencies have become perpetually vulnerable to threats of illegal removal from office without reference to the electorate;

37. That, we the Ogoni people take very serious, the complaint by the Ogoni local officials that have confessed that they still hold office because they are able to settle their political godfathers, meaning political stalwarts that planted them as conduit pipe for siphoning funds meant to help in the development of Ogoni villages and wellbeing of Ogonis;

38. That the application indigenous rights will end this manner of abuse of power and mismanagement of public resources as the representatives of the people have been duly elected by the people in Ogoni, and controlled by the people and to end the system whereby politicians handpicked by political operators at the national and state levels, remain in office without accountability to the people as long as they satisfy those who put them into office.

39. That the local government employees, some in service for over 30 years cannot even afford a good meal with their families, but have seen politicians that come into the local councils buying houses in Port Harcourt and Abuja, even in overseas countries within six months in office.

40. That we believe that the Ogoni people are equal to all other Nigerians that now lord it over the Ogoni by means of indirect internal colonial rule through the corrupt local government system, which violates indigenous rights of the Ogoni people.

Concluding Declaration:

“Now, therefore, acting on the General Assembly mandate on the questions relating to the Political Autonomy of Ogoni in southern Nigeria, and in the spirit of the General Assembly motion DPA/001/2012, and its resolutions DPA/002/2012 and DPA/003/2012 adopted and approved on July 31, 2012; in accordance with the wishes of the Ogoni people contained in the Ogoni Bill of Rights of 26 August, 1990 as revised on the 26th of August 1991; expressing the collective will of the good people of Ogoni in the referendum of 2010 and the second referendum of 2011, obeying the command by the Ogoni people and their elected representatives from 33 district councils, comprising over 272 village councils, living in the six kingdoms of Ogoni, namely: Babbe, Eleme, Gokana, Kenkhana, Nyokhana and Tai and two administrative units: Ban Goi and the Bori National Territory; conducting this solemn affair in accordance with the United Nations Declaration on Rights of Indigenous Peoples adopted by United Nations General Assembly in New York on September 13, 2007, guided by the purposes and principles of international law in accordance with the United Nations Charter, I, Dr. Goodluck Diigbo, hereby make this historic statement, to announce the proclamation of this General Assembly Declaration of Political Autonomy for the Self-determination or Self-government of the Ogoni people within Nigeria, today, the 2nd Day of August, 2012. So declared, and so be it; for the advancement of liberty in freedom and the preservation of the ancestral heritage of the Ogoni people.”

Thank you.

Signed by:

Dr. Goodluck Diigbo

MOSOP President/Spokesman

Tambari Deekor

Associate Editor, MOSOP Media

tdeekor88@gmail.com

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by stupor(m): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2012
RESIGN FOR WHO TO STEP IN ? SAMBO OR BOKO ?

HMMM THIS SEASON'S EPISODE GOT TO BE A BEST-SELLER .

DIRECTOR : CUT !!!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Oluwalala(m): 12:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Like really! Why did GEJ hav to respond! I fink the media is giving this BKH more attention than they deserve
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by bakila: 12:53am On Aug 06, 2012
DivideUs:

^^^^^^^ kai see reason shocked or maybe the dundee paying you needs new distraction, i wonder why BH always appear when der is heat on this govt, now its budget implementation and impeachment and boom! boko haram's got new video out like at the time of subsidy removal and subsidy probe report,SMH!!!

From divide us of all people.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by bright007(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2012
It is hight time GEJ show this Boko haram that He is å couple just as his wife earlier said.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Hadone(m): 12:55am On Aug 06, 2012
Reyginus: Now gej has given them the notion that they deserve attention.He should have neglected them by his normal 'i dnt care attitude'.They will now have a minute feeling that they are somehow in control.
ABOVE ALL, THEY'RE DIALOGUING IN DISGUISE.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by DrDre1(m): 1:02am On Aug 06, 2012
GEJ always making wrong moves. Responding is giving them too much recognition. BH will now want to turn him to their chewing stick. GEJ should prove for once that he's smart. Smh
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 06, 2012
He really shdnt have replied..

Use a bb-? Add me on bbm. Everybody add me : pin:29BBAF81..
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Truckpusher(m): 1:51am On Aug 06, 2012
lumeneng22: How can you ask nigerian president to convert to a religion of violent? Hav u 4gotten that majority of nigerian voted for him to be there?
Nna na wao your english teacher dun die?...my broda you need to go back to school.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by purpinkx(m): 1:54am On Aug 06, 2012
Com. Engr students should hav traced whr d video was uploaded Ip n bla bla .. Rather than Bash Gej 4 replying ...

One thing z Sure ...
Whether he replies or not ... People will always misyarn with their wide mouths

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Truckpusher(m): 2:04am On Aug 06, 2012
GEJ would probably wake up a snoring DAME,saying..."they can zump into the aslantic osean abey,i can't be fosed to rezine,na dem papa get nizeria and govmens hauz?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Truckpusher(m): 2:12am On Aug 06, 2012
For those of you shouting for division ,i want you guys to get it very clear that a country like Nigeria do not divide with leaders of the different faction,region or whatever holding hands and singing, 'ONE LOVE' But divides with the blood of patriots and nationalists pouring like rivers of water,then you have something closer to division...MARK MY WORDS...IT'S TOTAL ANARCHY.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by naijaking1: 3:08am On Aug 06, 2012
So Boko Haram wants GEJ to convert to Islam and resign? Now we're talking.
Shame to all those islamic northern propagandists who said, BK is all about poverty and inequality. The criminal al queada BK is all about religious domination, simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by cgem: 3:20am On Aug 06, 2012
This is crazy: 5 soldiers were reportedly bombed in Yobe, and Mr President did not reply. If it was Israel or America, killing just one soldier is an act of war, yet we want to diaglogue with the bastards. What GEJ replies to is the summon on him resigning. This is the dumbest and most clueless president we have ever had. Our country is at war with the constant killing of officers yet, our president only responds to him not resigning or resigning.
OBJ smoked out Odi, just for the killing of one soldier. Jonathan is in serious trouble....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / More Photos From Hausa-igbo Clash In Jos / Peter Obi Is Asking For Non-Existent Documents In Petition Against Tinubu – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.