Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign (22554 Views)

I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff / Tukur Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman / 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by deathmen12: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2012
i dey sense am ooo... d tin go fly o hahhahaahhahahahahha
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Barywhyte(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR: He shouldn't have replied.

Godbless u my brother. Jonathan is very very unintelligent!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Olaolufred(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam: It is very alarming of the latitude of dull and foolish people we have here on nairaland,its a pity I must say,after a rigorous perusal of the comments of someone you here I ask myself what future do we have if the country depends on your level of intelligence or reasoning,then the answer came boldly..... Some of you here really don't know what politics is all about all you do is highlight someone else's quote and second it without having an understanding while the others just flow with the tide like fela described our milary "Zombie". Truly most of you here are true pictures of zombies,you have no say of your own just to add to the increasing number of nairaland with no brain whatsoever,I shke my head in pity for so many of you(wld nt mention names cos your are like a river).
Regarding this topic I was initially of the opinion that GEJ shouldn't have replied but then,the response can only signal one thing "do your worst"and if I may ask who suffers for every strike by the boko haram,sure the northerners with the exception of the innocent christains who resides there,otherwise they will end up destroying their states while the south south and west grows stronger.for instance no sane investor would ever go to the north to invest,everyone will concentrate in the south although it has been our main stay of survival,my point is for every action perpetrated by bh is @ d detriment of the northerners.
There is nothing more they can do,they are now weak,feeble and clueless hence telling the president to resign is their last resort,all they want is to pave way for an hausa man to become president to protect their interest then why didn't they also ask for sambo toresign with his boss.

You are wrong in most parts of your depositions.
So far North is still part of Nigeria, Goodluck is responsible to them.
According to INEC, GEJ got massive vote from them, so he got their mandate in trust that He as President should protect their lives and properties.
If Jonathan failed in doing so, then It is his Ineptitude.
If he begs the North for vote, and He accepted that they voted him to power, why should you now come to tell nigerians that it is their problem.
This is Nigeria's problem. and Jonah has been given the mandate to solve it.
If he is not doing anything or little, He should be responsible. creating unnecessary alibi only expose the level of retardations and degradations that has occured in some cerebellum of people that are suposed to be responsible.
He should let us see the result of • (DEFENCE & SECURITY VOTE N921.21 billion($5.9478 billion)embedded in 2012 Budget though it represent the largest votes for such in Africa.
Though I still want to believe that Boko Haram no longer exists since Jonah stamped them out in June.
He should tell Nigerians the name of the new group he is facing now.
IRRESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Subuhanalahi: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na real wa
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by meee1: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Professional websites for your political campaigns ...

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Olaolufred(m): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
Barywhyte:

Godbless u my brother. Jonathan is very very unintelligent!

BASIC TRUTH.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Camilia247: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
it was very necessarry he replied, so this guys wont believe he is scared of them...afterall as humans it is natural we stand our ground on certain issue esp d ones bothering on our believes and principles...letz think afar most tyms and not tuk cos everyone is talking.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by ipagzee: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
what on earth, made Mr. President to reply these uncircumcised Boko Haram, by doing so you have given them more right issue statement to the office of the Presidency....... [color=#990000][/color]
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Pataki: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Please President Retardeen do not resign. Afterall, you have informed us to live with the bombing.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Olaolufred(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Camilia247: it was very necessarry he replied, so this guys wont believe he is scared of them...afterall as humans it is natural we stand our ground on certain issue esp d ones bothering on our believes and principles...letz think afar most tyms and not tuk cos everyone is talking.

You may be a minor to understand how the journey started, but kindly read the quote below to refresh your memory.
I hope it answers your limited information.

[b]“President” Boko Haram; President Goodluck Jonathan

On October 8, 2011 · In Stomach Democracy

3:55 am

By Kassim Afegbua
Just as I was about putting pen on paper to put down my thoughts for this weekend, I saw screaming headlines about the plan by Federal Government to remove the much-talked about fuel subsidy which has dragged on for so long. Reactions to the subsidy removal proposal have been expectedly interesting; each one threatening hails and brim tones, the usual Nigerian way.

But the reaction I am most interested in these days is that of the Boko Haram which has assumed something like an alternative government.

While President Jonathan celebrated Nigeria’s 51st Independence in the Aso Presidential Villa, “President” Boko Haram and “Vice President” MEND, celebrated their own independence at the Eagles Square. For daring to issue bomb threats, President Jonathan vacated the traditional venue for the hosting of such landmark occasions and beat a retreat into the Aso Rock cocoon, for Boko Haram and MEND to have a field day.

A week before the independence celebration, President Jonathan had told world leaders in far away New York at the UN Assembly that terrorists cannot intimidate him in Nigeria. Speaking tough in very uncharacteristic manner, he poured out his heart on his impressions about Boko Haram and terrorism in Nigeria, while beckoning on world leaders to see the war on terrorism as a winnable one.

Barely a week after such a tough stance, Boko Haram and MEND issued statements differently about plans to bomb Eagles Square, with a stern warning that Nigerians should stay away from the venue or face the consequences of any negligence. President Jonathan quickly beat a retreat.

He was simply intimidated and forced to relocate the celebration into the Villa. Nigerians listened to the alternate voice or do we call it directive, by staying away from the Eagles Square. How else do we describe the action of Mr. President, with such an awesome power, commander-in-chief of the armed forces, bowing to the directive of a sect on a day Nigerians should be on the streets jubilating everywhere about our independence celebrations? I wept like a baby that Mr. President vacated the Eagles Square for another “president” called Mr. Boko Haram.

Does it mean we do not have leaders that can die for the country, if at all the threat was real? Does it also mean that Mr. President cannot lead us into battle with Mr. Boko Haram if that becomes the option for us? How can a President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Almighty Federal Republic of Nigeria, run away from Eagle Square to hibernate in the Villa, in a function where he was supposed to be playing host to other African Presidents?
[/b]
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by phildon: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
Them be im mate? Make him try no respond na. weeree
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by BeraBera(f): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Oga, you for no even answer them at all at all at all! Chaiiiii!!!!!!!!
No one in his/her right senses blackmails the president of a country to resign, unless he commits a serious offense against the country. Even at that, it lies within his conscience & level of morality 4 him to resign. The person giving the president this condition, I hope he's aware of the fact that the constitution of the country grants every citizen freedom of choice of religion. Every Nigerian has a right to worship God thru whichever means he/she wants, (even sef, if u no wan worship God at all, u kukuma dey free).

2ndly, GEJ was democratically elected as the President and Commander in chief of the armed forces of the FRN, his tenure is to last for 4yrs, and no idiot should tell him to resign b4 the expiration of his tenure. What offense did he commit tha he shd resign?

It's just that the boko haram warlords can't wait to sit on the Nigerian throne. They want to jump into Aso rock by fire by force, they lack patience to wait for their time.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by MDyaQ(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
They dnt worth yr replay Mr GEJ
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by beautifulmind5: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Stand up to ur true position of power! U ARE D PRESIDENT...............check out facebook.com/beautifulminds5...its trending!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by asemota2012: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
The same fate that befell Osama Bin Ladin is exactly what the Boko Haram deserved,If I were in the shoe of mr President I should have cleaned up nigeria of these animals that kept destroying innocent lives,becouse it is the number one responsibility of the pressident to secure the lives and properties of it's citizenery,the precious lives and properties of the victims of these terrorist should not have been sacrificed on the alter of religion, ethnicity or in the name of a United Nigeria.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by leslieu63(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
jonathan convert to islam and resign jor, if u cant beat them u join them simple hahaha.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Beaf: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
In the meantime, GEJ is far away in Jamaica, while we fall over every crumb that Abati releases.
Funny stuff!

The real people the Abati's words are aimed at, know themselves. No matter what tactics they bring, things have changed; there will be no "constituency project" and oil saboteurs will be tried. If they like, let them boko haram from here till Jupiter. All na desperation.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by NkwaGOD(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fellow peace loving citizens, I hv questions to ask may be all of us, Mr. President, the easterners, southerners and westerners.
1. Who are the sponsorers of this sect of demons.
2. Which country or person(s) is incharge of supplying firearms to them.
3. How do they gain enterance into our borders without been noticed.
4. Are the northern governors forum still loyal to our president?
5. What are the roles of the past northern military leaders in all these saga?
6. Has Mr. President lost his focus, because a true leader has a will even in the face of troubles.
Answers to these questions means answers to our present national problems
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by vanstanzy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
omicron:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/i-will-not-resign-jonathan-tells-boko-haram/

GEJ u don fall my hand, why should u even waste ur time answering those Boko Beast low-lifes'? Haven't u heard, U dont exchange words with a mad man. DAMN! angry angry
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by princenayo: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Responding to these idiots makes them feel important.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Tattooboy: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
He aint worth being President in the first place. So dump
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Responding is necessary, let me explain. Not long ago, the 19 Governors from the North held a meeting at Abuja, and declared that the North is prepared to take over power come 2015. There was no condemnation of Boko Haram! Then all of a sudden, Boko Haram has changed demand from Islamization of Nigeria to Resignation of President. Is it surprising that the demand of Boko Haram, is now similar to the demand of the 19 Northern Governors ? Your guess is as good as mine.
To those who are still blind not to see the real agenda of Bokoharam,keep on being a dumb a.s.s.They want him to accept islam and resign,not accept islam and continue as president.Only the wise people can solve this riddle.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pukkah: With this ill-advised response, the President has dignified and recognized the leadership and mode of communication of this sinister group called Boko Haram. He can no longer claim not to see their subsequent videos or letters or other forms of communication.

Of course many people were not expecting that Jonathan would resign over the content of that video. It was just a bluff on the part of Boko Haram and the President buckled. A better way to respond to it would have been to locate the source of the video or the location of the group through superior Intelligence and come down very hard on the perpetrators and their backers.

Mr President should expect many more videos, or other forms of Boko Haram communication, in the days ahead.
It seems you expect too much, in terms of intellect, of this Jonathhan dude.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
NkwaGOD: Fellow peace loving citizens, I hv questions to ask may be all of us, Mr. President, the easterners, southerners and westerners.
1. Who are the sponsorers of this sect of demons.
2. Which country or person(s) is incharge of supplying firearms to them.
3. How do they gain enterance into our borders without been noticed.
4. Are the northern governors forum still loyal to our president?
5. What are the roles of the past northern military leaders in all these saga?
6. Has Mr. President lost his focus, because a true leader has a will even in the face of troubles.
Answers to these questions means answers to our present national problems
Are youw guys tired of blaming islam?All the northern Governors the held meeting recently are Muslims right.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Justbright(m): 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
I wonder why pple are complainig abt Gej..I think d pple dat voted him in weren't aware of his capacity and charisma...I guy dat spent almost 9 yrs in bayelsa(wt 8 lga)and couldn't perform yet u mandated him to perfom miracle wt 774lga.its not gona work[color=#990000][/color]
omicron:

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by tomakint: 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
omicron:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/i-will-not-resign-jonathan-tells-boko-haram/[/quote]

No,No Sir! You are the President for goodness sake, replying these clueless ISLAMIC goons is a sign of weakness! You don't have to answer every poser, I will rather suggest to you Mr President - ACT!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by dougivilla(m): 3:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

You are wrong in most parts of your depositions.
So far North is still part of Nigeria, Goodluck is responsible to them.
According to INEC, GEJ got massive vote from them, so he got their mandate in trust that He as President should protect their lives and properties.
If Jonathan failed in doing so, then It is his Ineptitude.
If he begs the North for vote, and He accepted that they voted him to power, why should you now come to tell nigerians that it is their problem.
This is Nigeria's problem. and Jonah has been given the mandate to solve it.
If he is not doing anything or little, He should be responsible. creating unnecessary alibi only expose the level of retardations and degradations that has occured in some cerebellum of people that are suposed to be responsible.
He should let us see the result of • (DEFENCE & SECURITY VOTE N921.21 billion($5.9478 billion)embedded in 2012 Budget though it represent the largest votes for such in Africa.
Though I still want to believe that Boko Haram no longer exists since Jonah stamped them out in June.
He should tell Nigerians the name of the new group he is facing now.
IRRESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
Are we then saying that the state governors of d respective hostile states should fold their hands and wait 4 jona alone to tackle d challenge? Were they not voted in too? Lets be fair, apart from attributing d insurgence to poverty, blaming d FG and sugesting dialogue, which they stil conspiratorily refused to facilitate, what have d governors of d northern states done 2 manage d situation? We should'nt be fooled. A section of d country is only fulfiling a pre election promise/threat of making d country ungovernable. When soldiers were deployed to some parts of their states they came 2gether both traditional, religious and political leaders, condemed it and demanded 4 imidiate withrawal without any alternative solution suggested. Have u ever heard them coming together or individually condeming d actions of d sect? Who be mumu?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by dougivilla(m): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2012
akthedream: Are youw guys tired of blaming islam?All the northern Governors the held meeting recently are Muslims right.
No, not yet. We're just focusing on something else 4 now. And when did telling d truth become a 'blame'. #aboki4life#

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Senators In Marathon Meeting To Impeach Saraki / Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC / President Buhari To Head Ministry Of Petroleum For 18 Months: Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.