Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Should I Forgive Them??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forgive Them??? (1631 Views)

Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? / How Can I Forgive Her? / My Girl Is Not A Virgin. Should I Forgive Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive Them??? by wurajone(f): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
Got this on a friends page on facebook:

SHOULD I FORGIVE THEM?!!!!!

Several years ago, I was disappointed on the day of my white wedding with the only man I loved. Without explaining, what my offences were, he left me standing like a fool in my wedding gown on the day I was supposed to be the happiest.
Funny enough my bridesmaid, who was with me in the church, took an excuse to go urinate but never bothered to return. After two hours of waiting endlessly for the man who was supposed to wed me on that day and a bridesmaid whose disappearance I couldn’t understand, my parents took me home to nurse me back to emotional stability.
I had to leave the country to stay with my elder brother. Those days were very difficult for me as there was no news from my best friend. I was getting very worried but my parents as well as hers kept assuring me she would be found.If her parents knew what happened, they didn’t say so, but they were always calling me to know if I was okay. As for my ex, I couldn’t be bothered but after five years, I ran into him by accident in London. He was in company of my former best friend and bridesmaid, married and with children.
Seeing them both brought back those memories I didn’t want to remember. Although I had no way of knowing but something very deep inside of me had always known that my bridesmaid disappearance was not unconnected with my ex standing me up on our wedding day.I didn’t bother to acknowledge their presence, just walked past them. I don’t know how they found out where I stay, but they have been sending people to come and plead with me. They are actually asking for a chance to come and explain to me what happened on that day.
But my mind is made up, I will never forgive both of them for causing me so much pains. Because of that incident, I have been unable to trust any man enough to fall in love. I see everyman as evil.Besides, knowing that they both left my life to be together makes it the more difficult for me to forgive them. How can I forgive the two people I loved the most in life for hurting me the way the did? Was it wrong to have introduced my boyfriend to my best friend?My brother and parents all want me to forgive them but it is impossible because I have vowed never to let go of all that they did to me.
Is it wrong, my stance of not ever forgiving them? Something tells me from the attitude of my parents and siblings that they are not happy with my decision not to forgive and never to trust again. I am 32 and even if I want to forgive them, I don’t know how to let go. The pains will never go away no matter how hard I try.

Share your thought!!!
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by 190: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
forgive who
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by wurajone(f): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
People left our life all because they are not worthy to be there.And its for a reason such thing happen. I feel your pain and agony,I know it could be very painful but that you are still alive is enough proof that God has got great plans for you. Pls forgive them in order for u to enjoy the blessings of GOD.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by wurajone(f): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
190: forgive who

smiley smiley
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Metalgoong(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
You wont forgive them, eeh? . . . . As in you are God or what?
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by 190: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
wurajone: People left our life all because they are not worthy to be there.And its for a reason such thing happen. I feel your pain and agony,I know it could be very painful but that you are still alive is enough proof that God has got great plans for you. Pls forgive them in order for u to enjoy the blessings of GOD.

wah are u talking bout
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
If not forgiving dem would take me to hell...
Mehn, sumbody shuld help me book a one-way ticket @ dana.

Dis is difficult, especially if d lady is still single.
GOD go punish dem!
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
wurajone: People left our life all because they are not worthy to be there.And its for a reason such thing happen. I feel your pain and agony,I know it could be very painful but that you are still alive is enough proof that God has got great plans for you. Pls forgive them in order for u to enjoy the blessings of GOD.

Easier said... A̶̲̥̅̊¿¿ dis na preaching..
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by wurajone(f): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Imanuelle: If not forgiving dem would take me to hell...
Mehn, sumbody shuld help me book a one-way ticket @ dana.

Dis is difficult, especially if d lady is still single.
GOD go punish dem!

Lolz..but she just have to move on cos she will never experience true freedom until she let go of that shit.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by wurajone(f): 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
Imanuelle:

Easier said... A̶̲̥̅̊¿¿ dis na preaching..

Yes!! I understand dis is a classic case of betrayal. I can imagine the ordeal she passed thru. Nevertheless, she shuld be thankful to God. What if she died in the marriage?she just have to let go of sad memories.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by cog1: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Although,the original op is not here to
Read this;here goes my own thought.
The op so far seems to have managed this
far after the unfortunate incident and I
have to say she's tried.
As per those saying she should forgive,
I don't understand,is it forgiving them
To the extent of wining
and dining with them at one table and
prolly be poisoned by them so they'll
finally blot away
the ultimate memory of their evil act?!
Please,they should carry on with their
lives and let the poor op alone abeg!
If she didn't run into them,would
they have looked for her to beg for her
forgiveness? If truly sorry!
I think they are just scared she might
be planning something against their evil
heads not that they really need forgiveness;
two of them are natural schemers and
terrible people! And always afraid that
others might be scheming too!!!!
She should forget about them jorh jare!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
wurajone:

Lolz..but she just have to move on cos she will never experience true freedom until she let go of that shit.

Plz... Spare me dat philosophy dat is preached in churches..
U can still experience positivities even if u don't 4give sum1.. Ȋ̝̊̅† happens everywhere.
Doz eedeots have to pay! Heavily.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
D guy and her best frnd were definitely in contact with their parents,
And deir parents definitely kept contacting dis disappointed bride.
If dey really wanted to apologise, dey'd have contacted her.
I don't even wish dis on d devil, talk less of a human.
Even if she was dull, not to have read d signs...
Dat guy na devil, dis one no b devil handwork º°˚ .
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by pcicero(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hmmm...'Tales from the Hearts/Hints' cool

Should you forgive them?
It wasn't meant to be. Just be grateful to God that you didn't marry the loser. Your 'friend' would have ruined your matrimonial home and you will be miserable for life.

So, for your own good, the only way to erase the sad memory is to forgive them.

All the best in your endeavours.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by bendazum: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
KILL THEM ALL!!!lolz.IT'S PAINFUL BUT SHE'S GAT TO MOVE ON NAH.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by blaise26abj(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
The lady should understand that she is destroying herself by not forgiving. It was horrible what they did. you probably have a lot of questions you still ask yourself about what happened. I was betrayed too and i can say i had to forgive cause i knew i would spiral out of control and be bitter for years.

I read a lot about forgiving and i learnt that while it is important know you can never forget about it, you must let go by apologising to THEM despite the fact that they wronged you. Don't demand their apology because they can never give enough of it. That worked wonders for me. yes i still have moments i get mood swings but it is still fresh. i still find it hard to trust again too so she is not the only person who distrust the opposite gender. They are living their lives and she needs to live hers. I'm sure that whatever she has achieved in 5 years was without happiness and joy. No man or karma can make u happy, only Baba God and You can make you happy. God will strengthen her IJN.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Sijo01(f): 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
Forgiv watin?....abegii
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by kingrhirhs(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
forgive dem so dat ur own pain will go. Forgive dem so dat they can leave ur life for gud. For dem so enable u close d page. Forgive dem for ur own gud.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
Omo,dis one don pass heartbreak o...baby,u don check ur lineage?
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Crazybabe(f): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
I know its painful but it will heal in time might just be slow and yeah u do need to forgive them.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by cindyrella(f): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
Forgive? E go hard o! But try sha.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by tellwisdom: 12:04am On Aug 08, 2012
who dug this 1992 thread out again?? angry angry
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by here: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2012
It's your own side of the story I'm reading so forgive me if I tend to deal with every story the way I do.
Have you considered you confided in your friend about an incident(thing) and maybe she out of her lust for your man used it? Consider why your man left you to be with your friend,the man wasnt afraid of married but with you.
I'm speaking as a male,no matter how inlove we weigh our options,standing you up was the limit but PLEASE check yourself why a man would leave you and decided to make a home immediately.I'm not ruling out they have been seeing behind you,but why would he,the man you believed in so much to be able to do things right and to have decided to spend your life with.
Resolve your personal issues so you live life,and if you can forgive;so you dnt transfer more of these burdens to whoever you decide to settle with.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Mynd44: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2012
You can forgive them because of your mental well being not for anything else but you don't have to bring them back into your life. They don't deserve your friendship so, don't give them. Just send them a message that you have forgiven them but you want to forget the whole incident along with them
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
@OP
you should only forgive them when you are ready to let go of what they did to you....... and if it takes 20yrs, then thats how long it will take for them to get your forgiveness.......... but until then, tell them to FUKC OFF!
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by MrsChima1(f): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
You can forgive someone but not forget.

Once you forgive...let it go.
Re: Should I Forgive Them??? by Mynd44: 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
I wonder why people hurt other people and just expect sorry to fix everything

(1) (Reply)

True Talk To All Single Nairaland ladies / When She Is Pretty And Sexy, But You Are Too Busy / Boys Keep Disturbing Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.