Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? (15650 Views)

I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ogbonoeba: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Profdoom: Just had an argument with some of my friends and they said,if the electricity is constant come 2015,they will forgive his other sins and vote for him based on that,would you do the same,let me know your opinions

I will move back to Naija, but only if it is Victoria island smiley
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
maryjames9: I weep for this god forsaken failed state called nigeria. See as the so called leaders of tommorow start praising nonentity,failure,non performance,retardeen of goathead Jonathan administration. But wait a minuite,these guys must be 40 laptops. This is idiocy,stupidity,ethnicrasism at it's highest peak. Only 1 tenure,and corruption, terorism and mass insecurity grows at an astronomical level. Those supportng Gej must be blinded by ethnicity.

Who would u have preferred?
Blinded?....u gat to be kidding!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
sub_zero: What sins are u even talking about? Come to Port Harcout, we have minimum of 19-21hrs power supply daily. Believe me, without sentiment, i'l score GEJ pass mark in the area of power. Though, i dont know in ur area. But in PH City, power is a done deal. So on this basis, i'l even vote for Bros "J" com 2019.

3rd term all d way!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ogbonoeba: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
vanunu:

I don't understand you, don't you know that without power all these things you mentioned will not work, do you think at all?

Can you imagine?
Constant electricity = better infrastructure = foreign investment = jobs = everything else

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
Pataki: Nigerians are programmed to think like zombies.

Electricity is NOT a privilege! It is your right to have.

GEJ does not deserve to be president of this country. So far he is still under the dictates of PDP, he is as useless as them lot.

NO, I will not vote for him in 2015. I have never voted for him, and NEVER will I vote for anything PDP in my life.

Which of the rights u don get since u were born.
Guy be happy...its the beginning!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by profola2be(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron

chei,you wicked ooooo!
person wey never solve one,na him you come pack all these join together for,?
you wan kill uncle Jona for me ni?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by doublej1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
ITbomb:
So you finally woken up . When Obasanjo spent USD 10b with nothing to show for 8 years, u didn't fight for ur right.
When Abacha came, saw and left transmission as it was, u didn't fight for ur right .
GEJ has taken power pass the proverbial 4000 MW under 2 years, and u suddenly realised it was ur right to have. SMH

bros, have you asked yourself where those money has entered
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by maasoap(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
No! He's too corrupt as a leader for my liking.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by NET1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
I run an IT business in Port Harcourt, and I honestly I have seen a difference in Power Generation in this country since the past 2 months. If this is sustained, then those of us in business may not worry much again about fueling Generators.

If this Power problem gets fixed, I will vote for him. But poster, you should have put up a poll instead of manual counting.

.NET
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by maasoap(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
ayobase:

3rd term all d way!
liar!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by profola2be(m): 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
pokkadot:

And who are u again?? Electricity is not enough abi? I think GEJ should marry wife for you, pay her bride price for you, furnish ur house, UnCloth her and stick ur joystick in her before you admit that he is trying. Mun.tula

so,it's because of electricity alone that Jonathan was elected a President,abi?
your attention is needed at Yaba left hand.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ITbomb(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
profola2be:

so,it's because of electricity alone that Jonathan was elected a President,abi?
your attention is needed at Yaba left hand.
Broda , Nigerians are the most enterprising people on the African continent,
Give us power and every other thing will take shape on its own.
I know so many businesses closed by inadequate power , creating joblessness and idle minds which result to all evils

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Lamasta: Will all this institutions work without adequate power supply eh man wise up and stop being sentimental cause Light is the utmost thing in life

You are 100% wrong.
God gave light from the sun and the moon.
With these two, you can live. But not going to be a convenient life.
With Electricity, living becomes more convenient.
However, The best time to give kudos to Jonah over power situation is Between November and May
when there is little or no rain.
by this time we will know whether it was the power station that are donating voltages into the national grid.
I can't praise him yet.
So, my friend,
After all the lights God has given, security is next.
If you are killed because of insecurity, power improvement is of no use.
While he has to continue if he wants to, he must stop fidgeting like a baby and face the security problem of the nation head on.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
i do not understand why people personalize the problem to GEJ.The main issues in Nigeria go beyond electricity.
Right now our electoral process is unpredictable. The electoral process in firmly in the hands of the Presidency.GEJ tells us HE is committed to free and fair elections and maybe he is but who knows what will come after him.The most important thing in a democracy is elections and the power to remove non performers at all levels.We need to reform our electoral process and make it completely independent of incumbent factor.
Once power is truly with the people every other thing is secondary.We have had PDP in power at all levels since 1999,have they been that good?
Beyond election the other issue is derivation. We need to settle that issue once and for all so everyone controls their resources and develops at their own pace.

Those are political issues and are more important than electricity which we can never really had and so can't miss.Electicity will come to Nigeria not because of government but because their is money to be made.

Finally corruption,and the rule of law; obeying court orders and depoliticising prosecution by separating the role of Minister of Justice from Attorney General and making the AG independent of the Government.

Those changes are fundamental requiremnts for Nigeria to move forward.
GEJ needs to move in that direction to deserve anyone's vote. Though he said quite clearly he won't contest.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by xyztus(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
over my dead body,gd luck jonathan is not worth rulin dis country cos he cant even rule himself.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
ITbomb:
Broda , Nigerians are the most enterprising people on the African continent,
Give us power and every other thing will take shape on its own.
I know so many businesses closed by inadequate power , creating joblessness and idle minds which result to all evils

We all know what you have said.
The question is "should improvement in power supply earn him an automatic re-election"?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
LOL, when he gives you light, you will vote for him as if light is not your right in the first place? is it not his party that hasn't given you people light for almost 14yrs now?

Chai,Nigerians don suffer, they are ready to take anything!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by sunkoye: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
smh....gej stooges. we need som1 very smart and the one dat has the will to say this is spade and this is shovel!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by karpentar: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
Did obasanjo improve electricity, yet he completed two terms and illegally sought for a third. Why should Goodluck not benefit two terms whether electricity improves or not? This must be an anti ijaw post reflecting the mindset of the traditional ruling tribalist of yoruba or hausa who are desperate to return to power to continue plunder of Niger delta resources. You are all failures!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by scribble: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
i voted for Buhari in 2011 but I will jump ship in 2015 if GEJ restores power

currently im averaging 20 hours electricity in my neigborhood. we actually had light for 72 hours straight the other day.

i cant remember when i had to buy fuel for the generator last.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by CrazyMan(m): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Judging from the present state of the country, I don't think what Nigeria needs at the moment is electricity.

Any sensible leader would know that unless he improves the security of lives and properties of his fellow country men, it would be impossible for them to stand behind him come any elections. Most especially when its obvious that their lives and properties aren't secured.

I would suggest that Jonathan should tackle the problem of security first. Its so sad that you can hardly approach a newspaper stand and wouldn't find one killing story or the other.

If it isn't boko haram its militants. If it isn't militants, its armed robbers. If it isn't armed robbers, its cultist. If it isn't cultist, its ritualist. Just killing killing killing. And no one is doing anything to stop it.

Jonathan should know that Nigerians must be assured of their safety before he (GEJ) should think of other projects and re-election.

I came across a thread where the governor of kogi state, because of the high rate of insecurity in his state had to wear a bullet proof vest before coming out in public.

If a governor can be so cautious about his own safety when coming out publicly, what about the common man?

Is the governor trying to tell us that we should all wear bullet proof jackets in public gatherings?

Too be honest, I'm ready to stay in darkness if that's the price to be paid in order to ensure my safety, I don't know about you.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Its obvious frm d responses 2 dis thread dt we are largely a nation of dumb & dumber people,esp d average literate Nigerian. How cum we av 4gotten so soon dt dia was a marked improvement in electricity supply shortly b4 d general elections of April 2011. Anyone who hasn't envisaged d fact dt dia wud be anoda surge/significant improvement in electricity supply in d later part of 2014 (...into d first 4 months in 2015) is d biggest fool in Naija. A PDP GOVT CANNOT FIX 5% OF D LEGION OF ISSUES BOGGING DIS NATION DOWN. Why? because mega-corruption & billion-dollars embezzlement is an innate tin wit PDP
vanunu: I will not only vote for him, but also r------g for him. If he does that, it means that he has solved 40% of Nigeria's problem. Forget about boko tribalism and corruption.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Darius2000: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron

And in your wisdom, you couldnt establish the connection between stable power and the amenities you enumerated here! You're the actual slowpoke, not President GEJ....

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ezme(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
PHCN is on strike cant recharge my prepaid meter. i would be outta power supply in the morning cry cry cry cry cry...... Though the service good.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Vernor(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Whao, 1st of all i will neva vote him, i now c dat he who splash gold on educated pig is a waste cos it goes d same directn. A man dt hav even mortged future of unborn children, pls read punch last sat wot fashola hav done wit wot he recv 4rm FEC n inland rev n hw much he borrowd so also OBJ who is bad left abt $40b saved btw 8yrs witout owing, pple shld not luk @ d job alone d means n corruptn i cant phartom d level of 'I DONT GIVE A DAME' ordinary fashola clean oshodi wot army couldnt GEJ is a mumu^100
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
maryjames9: I weep for this god forsaken failed state called nigeria. See as the so called leaders of tommorow start praising nonentity,failure,non performance,retardeen of goathead Jonathan administration. But wait a minuite,these guys must be 40 laptops. This is idiocy,stupidity,ethnicrasism at it's highest peak. Only 1 tenure,and corruption, terorism and mass insecurity grows at an astronomical level. Those supportng Gej must be blinded by ethnicity.

Thank you.
I feel so bad when a nigerian youth is so cheap to be bought over with N1,000.
However, seeing a laptop, free food and N75,000 at d end of a month would attract many nigerian youth to laud a regime marked with mediocrity.
They always want the youths to be so poor so that they will remain a laptop slave till eternity.
However, the used will know sooner or later that he is only being used.
The user knows what he is doing, only that the used had been so hungry that he can't think out what's going on.
but could Esau get back the birthright he once sold out?
For me, I won't celebrate mediocrity.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by rolchi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
GEJ...I believe!

Third Term for GEJ....I believe!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
Darius2000:

And in your wisdom, you couldnt establish the connection between stable power and the amenities you enumerated here! You're the actual slowpoke, not President GEJ....

That is a bull_shi0t! argument you are trying to make there. In the last 2.5 years, the healthcare sector alone has received near no improvement. I don't think the millions of Nigerians in dire need of health care services are waiting for PHCN To get it's act together. Matter of fact, I don't see the correlation you are trying to make between availability of power with HealthCare, given Healthcare can still function even without the fixing of the power situation.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by bukhola1: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Make d lite dey frm now till he finishes his tenure.... Ko jooor! He sud do d one he can and pack his loads!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by AkoEja: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Good luck Jonathan is not actually as bad as he seems; its just that Nigeria is a difficult country to govern with too many things to consider. There are too many powerful devils surrounding whoever is in power
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by TopAnalyst(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
Never!!!
I would rather vote for another candidate who doesn't have Goodluck as part of his name and will solve (and not only "improve") power problem.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by 2tek: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
I'll vote for him 10times over if he fixes our power issue. Jonathan seems docile now cos He doesn't want 2 step on toes by going genocidal like OBJ (Zaki biam/Udi 2001) nd it may not b unconnected wt his 2nd term ambition. If he comes back for 2nd term,he'll hv notin at stake nd wl face boko haram bumper to bumper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ife Oyedele Steps Down For Akeredolu / Nyeneime's Church Marked For Demilition After Criticising Emmanuel Udom / APC Develops Template For Sharing Party Structure Between Ganduje, Shekarau Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.