Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions (41290 Views)

Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain / Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by seunfly: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Niaraland as turn to a site for mockery, condemnation, blind critisism, blame game, ethnic damaging, personality damaging, sensless posting etc. Social media are for public interaction that will lead to meanifull development through sharing of good ideas, bringing peaple (tribes, ethnic, religion etc) together for common purpose. But not nairaland what is wrong in christ embassy billboard, giving birth in redemption camp, Nasfat camp, somebody heal somebody etc that we alway criticise. my dear nairalanders we have to start seeing positivity in things rather negative all the time so that positive can also come our ways.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by akagaba(f): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
chuglothen: Whoever photoshopped him into a pope has reached its limits. Even the powerful Americans know not to mess with the pope. I can't even imagine the kind of curse this man is bringing to himself with this act of stupidity. Didn't anyone tell them that the pope is offbounds for their little trickery!
May u and ur pope perish in hell. Men of darknez.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARES:
i guess wanking on a donkey and transgender surgery are all great things to do since they are not in the bible..... please grow up and stop embarrassing mankind.... undecided
The bolded are the reasons why religion shouldnt be taken as dogma, because life itself is dynamic.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by mystikal(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
I like this man jare
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by akagaba(f): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Super1759: If God decides to destroy the earth. He will start from NL. Nairalanders are mostly pegans,hypocrites, idolatrious anumanus. Tufiakwa.
If you don't like pst chris and his teaching, go and open your church and watch it grow over you street let alone country and world.
He is an intl man of God. He is blessing and touching lives till date. Deal with it
God bles u 1 bilion times.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
akagaba: God bles u 1 bilion times.
No, 1trillion times.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by jeroton: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
As is it now they have place him above christ that even if antichrist should come now $ pastor chris ask his deciples to take the number 666 they will gladly accept.its so easy for this man to donate his follower to satan
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by box9t9(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Each time something like this surfaces and people publish and say all manner of things about Pastor Chris or Christ Embassy or any other Pastor or Church for that matter, i find that (not counting those who deliberately Arrow the facts) there are those who indulge in the exercise out of a genuine urge to give vent to what they view as wrong. For the sake of this class of persons, i write this rejoinder. And i say to you, always seek to find out the motive or drive of whoever you criticize.

The folks at Christ Embassy are obviously not deluded or stack illiterates; i mean you work with, go to school or live with these guys. The point is that in Christ Embassy, we celebrate our leaders and its not just Pastor Chris, every Pastor and Leader in Christ Embassy/BLW is celebrated by those they lead. We believe in giving honour. Now this isn't idolatry cos idolatry means ascribing supreme spiritual devotion to someone else other than God almighty. Now if you will care to read the billboard again, you'll find that it says "...we thank God that you came at our time." The writers expressly admit that it is God's prerogative to deiced who comes at what time. That supreme gratitude for the life of the Man of God be ascribed to God. The point is that in honoring Pastor Chris we give ultimate glory to the Lord Jesus Christ who saved him in the first place and made it possible for us to be taught and raised by Pastor Chris.

in Hebrews 13: 17 the Bible says; "Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit." So based on this, we spare nothing in seeking to ensure that our leaders do their work with Joy. The word honor and worship are synonyms of sought but the christian teaching clearly spells out what is God's and what is man's. 1Peter 2:17 says "Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king." It think it is out of place for any to interpret a billboard which says thanks be to God that Pastor Chris was born in this generation to teach and raise many in Christ as idolatry.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Jackie26: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
Another pastor bashing Thread. Too bad that many nairaland christains do not even have the fear of God or respect for God's servants.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by medube(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
More like I am a Man of God lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: The bolded are the reasons why religion shouldnt be taken as dogma, because life itself is dynamic.
thank u very much it has been very devaluating having a chat with.... i hope to never hear from u again... dynamic my black berry assss..... whats wrong is wrong even in hell
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by emanobis(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
preeky: God bless pastor Chris for the good work he does around the world through Christ embassy ministries.I think the various proffessions depicts adam with his toiling nature.It means every man should have a proffession for him to eat.

Pst. Chris is only bt a celebrity hu's fancied(if nt worshiped) by his followers.
D board depicts dt he's evrytin,portraying himself as God-Omini-science or alpha n omega.
D nxt wil b devil's award for OMOI(Official Member,Order of d Illuminati);>
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by seunfly: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
Skii: I'm beginning to suspect the motives of Nairaland because of the quality of the threads that make front page angry
Nairaland has turn to a website for mockrey, condemnation, open place to show hatred, ethinic damaging, personality damaging, relegion intolerance, sensless posting, negativity in every aspect of our life etc. What is wrong with christ embassy billboard, giving birth on redemption camp, nasfat camp, somebody healing somebody etc we have to stop all this negativity and think positively otherwise we may continue in this way. For your info every negative you post on nairaland is posted all over d world. If u type anything about Nigeria on google nairaland will pop up and it is negative. Pls and pls let stop this and think the God want us to think.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by seunfly: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
Skii: I'm beginning to suspect the motives of Nairaland because of the quality of the threads that make front page angry
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARES:
thank u very much it has been very devaluating having a chat with.... i hope to never hear from u again... dynamic my black berry assss..... whats wrong is wrong even in hell
Are you dead already ? Or you are no more coming to Nairaland.com ?
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by ononunu: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
@poster....u are misinformed,that billboard wasnt created by pastor chris,rather it was created for him in celebration of his birthday,people should learn to observe things before they misslead others...nigerians have a terrible habit of insulting the living while celebrating the dead,pastor chris is a gift to us and he ought to be celebrated!
jeroton: As is it now they have place him above christ that even if antichrist should come now $ pastor chris ask his deciples to take the number 666 they will gladly accept.its so easy for this man to donate his follower to satan
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by oluite(f): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
Gombs: There's a serious dyslexic case here...
1. Who told u he erected d board himself?why wud u tink he did?
2. There's a caption that reads..."If he ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ one of those profession pictured,where would U̶̲̥̅̊ be?"...refering τ̅☺ those he's touched their lives.is it ∂α̇̇̇†̥ difficult τ̅☺ comprehend?
3. Why e D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ vex una?for T.D. Jakes churches..Йą your face D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ there?
U knw wot I lov abt him?..no matter wot dirt u guys throw at him,he only gets better and better...Pastor Chris, worth hearing.

PS...make una get a life,little minds talk about people,great minds talk about ideas,business,innovation...cheers

1.Why would he encourage this?
2.He did touch lives through JESUS CHRIST,i don't see Jesus celebrated

Seems more like ''imagine if he(pastor) were all these professions"where will you be today? meaning If he were all these professions,you will be nowhere ni?

No emphasis on GOD?Who is using him?God or himself?
@Topic
I kinda of lost the surprise thing with the video on youtube where ma..st..urba..tion was said to be an unclean habit and not a sin against God.
Today's believers must read the word of God,read the word of God and read the word of God.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
zig2ryme04:

I will answer your questions; Until you know your right standing in Christ, you will come to realize that unto you is given the misteries of the Kingdom of God and that God has dealt with everyone a measure of faith. If you understand what the heir is, then you would know misteries of the kingdom of God. And i must tell you that in the Kingdom of God there are Classes of being. Look at the story of the rich man and lazarus, when they died the rich man went to hell while lazarus was on the bossom of abraham. what you should notice is that when the poor guy got to heaven he was still that same poor guy because the rich man told father abraham to send lazarus to dip his hand in water and quench his taste. your revelation to the things of God will make you a beter heir with Christ and when you get to heaven you will still have a crow for it because not everyone that gets to heaven will have a crown. the crown is for SOUL WINNERS and GIVERS.Read Ephesians 4:11-13. If no one is puting my picture in any place, at least i have my picture in my room because i am the express image of God. if i have to trek to the church of my fellow joint heir, then i am doing the right thing. the bible says ''do not forsake the gathering of your brethren'' Do you know that Jesus was selective? He said to the Father ''OF ALL YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO ONE WAS LOST EXCEPT THE SON OF PERDITION'' so tell me, was that not selective? why did He have to choose the twelve disciples?

Please stop regurgitating the crap your pastors tell you to keep you subjected to them. Go read the Bible and point to me exactly where it states their are class distinctions in heaven and how big your faith is guarantees what kinda heir you are.

Do NOT come back with anything that isn't explicitly clear!!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by zig2ryme04: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
dmainboss:

Everything you said has no basis in God's word. It comes from the teachings you have received from your church. God has no special children. He is no respecter of person. If you make yourself. Available to God, he will use you. And the crown you receive from God is not for soul winners and givers. Please do a search of crown and rewards in the new testament and study carefully. It is for those who overcome. Overcoming refers to many things. It is your pastor that told you it is for givers. Please study your bible for yourself after listening to your pastor. That is what we are told to do.

you said everything i said has no basis in Gods word but you failed to point one out. i agree with you God is no respecter of person but i want to ask you this question, why this God said in 1samuel:2:30 that ''those who honor me I will honor'' if you are not receiving crown for soul winning, what else will you receive crown for? just for being born again or being born again and leading people to christ? i guess you need to read the bible very well, what do you mean by ''overcome''? Paul said I have fought a good fight of faith and there is a crown waiting for me...'' He lead so many to christ and healed so many and touched so many lives. dont get me wrong, if you are born again you are still going to heaven but the extra work gives you the crown. Heaven too get classes of being. As it is done in Heaven so it is on earth.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by klax(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
But what is the meaning of this Bill Board oh Chris Oyakhilome?

Christ Embassy members please are you people alright at all

Do member of this church really serving God or serving Chris?

What in a blue hell the meaning of this??

Well i'm not too surprise Former Pastor Eddie Long in US started this way and try to exault himself but he crashed and was booted out of the church. Man of God or may I say Man of man Pastor Chris if even your church members says they are placing this sadistic demonic billborad I expect you as a man of integrity and a treu servant of God to tell them not to do this sort of billboard its too dangerous and damaging.

Do Christ Embassy realised that if it were to be in western world the catholic will sue them to court to explain what they mean by including pope in this silly billboard. I guess the people behind this billboard nonsense are the most dumbiest of all time so foolish and stupid indeed because failure to think before placing a billborad can land them in hot water.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by iamtheprincipal: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sam Milla: His pictures are on every Christ embassy Church all over the country. I think that gay pastor loves to show himself and his new suits.

@Sam Milla, I think you need your head thoroughly examined because something is obviously wrong with you to have made mockery of a Servant of the most high this way.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by zig2ryme04: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Please stop regurgitating the crap your pastors tell you to keep you subjected to them. Go read the Bible and point to me exactly where it states their are class distinctions in heaven and how big your faith is guarantees what kinda heir you are.

Do NOT come back with anything that isn't explicitly clear!!

think about it why did jesus said we should pray in these manner ''thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven'' didnt you read the story of the servants jesus talked about. their master gave them talents and when he returned some invested with it and one dig hole and hid it. when the master returned, he gave the talents back to those who made profit with it and told them ''Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things: enter into the joy of your lord'' (Matthew 25:23) Jesus likened that parable to the kingdom of God. if you are faithful in what God has placed on you i tell you, you will also be a ruler in heaven.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by akintayoridwan: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
This is really ridiculous,Man of god my foot...oma ga in tiwa savage voice
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Clairette(f): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you dead already ? Or you are no more coming to Nairaland.com ?

Billy, the truth is usually bitter. However, I must tell u that ur Chris Oyak n d likes have made ur IQ is absolutely inactive. I've been told there's no remedy to ur sickness. Poor u. Though, I bliv Jesus can forgive ur earlier utterances if u do as been informed or 'enlightened'.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by nuclearboy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ARES & Cheddarking:

I think Billy-Goat was just pulling your legs & poking fun at Christianity!

@CEC members: Greater people said "less of me and more of Him"!

A Chris Oyakilome who truly honestly sincerely follows Paul and Peter will follow their example! Even comparision to a Okada rider wouldn't be accepted by such talk less to legitimate earners! And being compared (and accepting it) to "Superman" just proves the man is himself, a joke!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Ignatio(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Let me be frank. The teachings of Pastor Chris Oyhakilome has impacted more enlightenment in many, than the teachings of Jesus Christ. His Teachings are for these times while teachings of Jesus were meant for people of his times. I am not religious, but I love motivational speeches.

Can someone talk sense into this guy?
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by klax(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Billyonaire: "Let me be frank. The teachings of Pastor Chris Oyhakilome has impacted more enlightenment in many, than the teachings of Jesus Christ. His Teachings are for these times while teachings of Jesus were meant for people of his times. I am not religious, but I love motivational speeches"

Brosie you too funny to be honest.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Clairette(f): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ignatio:

Can someone talk sense into this guy?

Many people have made steps to...but his(Billy) inner brain seems to be inactive. We can only pray for him. I know his kind.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
Clairette:

Many people have made steps to...but his(Billy) inner brain seems to be inactive. We can only pray for him. I know his kind.
Jesus was to the 1st Century Neanderthals what Chris Oyhaks and the rest of the MOGs are for the 21st Century congregators. Thats just the bottomline, they both preach about GOD....and we are all God's kids. grin grin grin
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by christemmbassey(m): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
The Many Tragedies of Today’s Church

These days some pastors give the impression that they see God physically every day, hobnob with Him, and so are above human scrutiny. They invest upon themselves this garb of infallibility, which means they should not be questioned or made to give account to anybody. “Who are you to judge another man’s servant,” they would quip and interpret this scripture out of its context of judging people in what they eat or drink (Romans 14:3–4), which, as far as Paul was concerned, was a petty matter in piety. They say they are accountable to only God who called them. But is this true?

Peter was “the first Pope,” as Roman Catholics teach. In Acts 10, God asked him to go and preach to Cornelius at a time the gospel had not yet got to the Gentiles. When he came back, the New Living Translation says in Acts 11:2 that “the Jewish believers criticised him.” How dare you criticise an “infallible pope” called Peter? Today, a typical pastor would have barked that they have touched the Lord’s anointed, and would distort that scripture to be the special preserve of pastors, whereas it pertains to every child of God. And that scripture, in any case, talks about physically harming the person, not about critically assessing his actions or inactions.

People found businesses and grow them with their own effort. But once they involve others, or make them invest in it, they make their stocks and salary known to such shareholders. When Bill Gates was the CEO of Microsoft, people knew his salary and shareholding. This is also true of publicly quoted companies in Nigeria. But hardly any church member in Nigeria’s “private” Pentecostal churches can boast he knows his pastor’s salary, not to talk of his personal worth – yet most of them made their wealth only after they founded such churches.

Many of such pastors make no discrimination between what belongs to the church and what belongs to them. Many actually see the church coffers as their personal estate. Some, with their wives, are the signatories to church accounts although many of them strain to give it a semblance of credibility by adding one lackey. Any day that lackey gets bold enough to ask questions, he gets fired. Today, pride and arrogance have become the trait-mark of most pastors. They carry themselves not with the aplomb that befits God’s children but with the hubris that befits Satan’s agents. They drive the best cars and live in the best houses. This is good, since the Bible calls believers kings and priests that should reign on earth.

But when some of them deny their lieutenants such goodies, or make vain boasts about them, or flaunt their expensive shoes and wristwatches and suits amidst their messages, I usually feel a lump in my throat. Often I ask, could Jesus have done that? Of course they would say that Jesus wore designer dresses and that explains why the soldiers “…parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.” And if it is true that Jesus wore designer dresses which in any case I do not doubt, it means that all his apostles also wore designer dresses; for the soldiers that came to arrest Him could have used his disparate dress mode to single him out but they could not, until Judas betrayed Him with a kiss.

But today, enter any church and you need not be told who the pastor is. I see churches just struggling to kick off but one of the first things the imperial pastors do is to buy for themselves and their wives expensive seats, or they make “papal chairs” with ornate engravings and expensive upholstery – just to ensure they are “set apart” from the congregation. And they would have church protocol or security details stand as a ramrod around the altar while they preach. One day, I saw one such detail that probably had not eaten for days collapse under the torture. Are these not the vain exercise of dominion in Matthew 20:25–28 Jesus said is found among the Gentile leaders that should not be seen among us?

This virus of pride and arrogance has also infected student pastors in our higher institutions. Thus when one visits such places to minister, one sees a student pastor being attended by a horde of attendants – one bears his Bible, another his handkerchiefs, and another his handsets, ad infinitum. And one sees the other students scurrying like startled rats once they sight him, and the whisper of “Daddy is coming” would fill the air. Daddy! Who is this daddy – a fellow student who pitiably inherited a culture that blows his position out of proportion? And once this “big daddy” is appointed or before he graduates, his assistants, in a bid to prepare the ground for such largesse during their own reign, would prey on other students to raise money to buy him a car.

I like this. With ppl like u there is hope for the Church in nigeria. Plz can u send ur email & #, mine is christsemmbassey2012@gmail.com, 08188294293.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Ignatio(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: You are right, no man can have impact on Christianity than Jesus Christ, infact, Christianity was coined from Christ based on the Teachings of Jesus. I am totally in agreement with that. But trying to ridicule Pastor Chris is like mocking the Liahona of our time. How many of us are ready to re-read the parables that is 2000 yrs old again and again. Pastor Chris is expounding on the old truth using 21st tools and vocabulary, just like Jesus expounded on the truth using Parables. The words that Jesus Preached, wasnt his word. He expounded on Judaism, and Pastor Chris is expounding on these same old doctrines using modern days technologies and terminologies and deserves all the glory, the honor and crown that comes with it. No one should dare take the glory of Jesus to pastor Chris and "vice-versa", if you know warramean.

Are you saying that Pastor Chris is the Christ of our time?
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ignatio: Are you saying that Pastor Chris is the Christ of our time?
You have just said it. But not just Chris, but all the great MOGs. According to the Bible Dictionary, Christ means anointed. And hey, all our great MOGs are anointed. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11 / Zimbabwean Pastor Beaten After Impregnating His Follower (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.