Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions (41293 Views)

Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain / Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking:

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord = A clssic show a wealthy God?

You are the dullest, silliest, most unintelligent poster troll on Nairaland.

And considering how many dull people actually roam this website, this is no mean feat.
I do not think you understand what the "Greeting or heralding meant". I am a bible student, having dedicated my time to research theology. Jesus wasnt the only person who entered Jerusalam during that festival. People lined both sides of the streets, chorusing that greeting, its was always very thunderous and show of pride. I disagree that you call me dumb, Infact, I know better.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by akagaba(f): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Troynow: This is idolatry. Is dier salvation now based on Pastor Chris? If he was something else other dan a pastor,won't God hv raised someone else? If Pastor Chris is not dere,is God no longer there? And dey say dier christians. Wat an excuse.
See ignorance, empty brain 2d core
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by MAYOWAAK: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
The Many Tragedies of Today’s Church

These days some pastors give the impression that they see God physically every day, hobnob with Him, and so are above human scrutiny. They invest upon themselves this garb of infallibility, which means they should not be questioned or made to give account to anybody. “Who are you to judge another man’s servant,” they would quip and interpret this scripture out of its context of judging people in what they eat or drink (Romans 14:3–4), which, as far as Paul was concerned, was a petty matter in piety. They say they are accountable to only God who called them. But is this true?

Peter was “the first Pope,” as Roman Catholics teach. In Acts 10, God asked him to go and preach to Cornelius at a time the gospel had not yet got to the Gentiles. When he came back, the New Living Translation says in Acts 11:2 that “the Jewish believers criticised him.” How dare you criticise an “infallible pope” called Peter? Today, a typical pastor would have barked that they have touched the Lord’s anointed, and would distort that scripture to be the special preserve of pastors, whereas it pertains to every child of God. And that scripture, in any case, talks about physically harming the person, not about critically assessing his actions or inactions.

People found businesses and grow them with their own effort. But once they involve others, or make them invest in it, they make their stocks and salary known to such shareholders. When Bill Gates was the CEO of Microsoft, people knew his salary and shareholding. This is also true of publicly quoted companies in Nigeria. But hardly any church member in Nigeria’s “private” Pentecostal churches can boast he knows his pastor’s salary, not to talk of his personal worth – yet most of them made their wealth only after they founded such churches.

Many of such pastors make no discrimination between what belongs to the church and what belongs to them. Many actually see the church coffers as their personal estate. Some, with their wives, are the signatories to church accounts although many of them strain to give it a semblance of credibility by adding one lackey. Any day that lackey gets bold enough to ask questions, he gets fired. Today, pride and arrogance have become the trait-mark of most pastors. They carry themselves not with the aplomb that befits God’s children but with the hubris that befits Satan’s agents. They drive the best cars and live in the best houses. This is good, since the Bible calls believers kings and priests that should reign on earth.

But when some of them deny their lieutenants such goodies, or make vain boasts about them, or flaunt their expensive shoes and wristwatches and suits amidst their messages, I usually feel a lump in my throat. Often I ask, could Jesus have done that? Of course they would say that Jesus wore designer dresses and that explains why the soldiers “…parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.” And if it is true that Jesus wore designer dresses which in any case I do not doubt, it means that all his apostles also wore designer dresses; for the soldiers that came to arrest Him could have used his disparate dress mode to single him out but they could not, until Judas betrayed Him with a kiss.

But today, enter any church and you need not be told who the pastor is. I see churches just struggling to kick off but one of the first things the imperial pastors do is to buy for themselves and their wives expensive seats, or they make “papal chairs” with ornate engravings and expensive upholstery – just to ensure they are “set apart” from the congregation. And they would have church protocol or security details stand as a ramrod around the altar while they preach. One day, I saw one such detail that probably had not eaten for days collapse under the torture. Are these not the vain exercise of dominion in Matthew 20:25–28 Jesus said is found among the Gentile leaders that should not be seen among us?

This virus of pride and arrogance has also infected student pastors in our higher institutions. Thus when one visits such places to minister, one sees a student pastor being attended by a horde of attendants – one bears his Bible, another his handkerchiefs, and another his handsets, ad infinitum. And one sees the other students scurrying like startled rats once they sight him, and the whisper of “Daddy is coming” would fill the air. Daddy! Who is this daddy – a fellow student who pitiably inherited a culture that blows his position out of proportion? And once this “big daddy” is appointed or before he graduates, his assistants, in a bid to prepare the ground for such largesse during their own reign, would prey on other students to raise money to buy him a car.

Some students have been deceived to give their tuition fees in such acts, and some of them have been expelled for inability to pay thereafter. Thus when such “daddies” graduate, they don’t seek for jobs. They want to found their own denominations, or wangle their way into prominent positions in a thriving church where the goodies and accolades they had known as students would continue to come. They want to become, overnight, like the tested wealthy pastors, men who had paid their dues in the pursuit of God. This, quite pitiably, often draws from the words of these tested pastors who often give testimonies that suggest they just happened upon success, without any wilderness experience.

Today, some pastors teach you not to get close to your pastor for your own safety, so that you don’t see him committing fornication or any other sin and ruin your Christian life. And if ever you see your pastor in sin, you should run for your dear life. Behave as if you didn’t see him; and what is more, remain in that church and be loyal to him. Don’t judge him! Leave him to his God that called him! And they would quote David when he mourned Saul’s death in 2 Samuel 1:20 by saying: “Don’t announce the news in Gath, don’t proclaim it in the streets of Ashkelon, or the daughters of the Philistines will rejoice and the pagans will laugh in triumph.” But this scripture, in my thinking, is the wisdom of David not that of God.

There are three kinds of philosophies or wisdom in the Bible. They are that of God, that of Satan and that of man. Thus if those words by David were the wisdom of God, He would not have allowed it to be written in the Bible where not only the daughters of Philistines heard it but their granddaughters and great granddaughters still hear it till today.

Today, there is this esprit de corps, a kind of cult mindset among some pastors, that boldly declares: “Hide my sins and I will hide your sins, exalt me when you preach in my church and I will exalt you when I preach in yours.” They go to lengths to defend the excesses of other pastors so that they too will have the liberty to indulge in such excesses. When they come as guest ministers, they would make members literally worship the host pastor by making them stand up and sit down, shout and clap, and say words of adulation, which they hardly ask to be given to the Holy Spirit.

This cult mentality makes some pastors kowtow to an unwritten code of conduct that demands that “when you preach for me, raise money so that when I preach for you I too will raise money,” “when you preach for me, I will give you hefty honorarium so that when I preach for you, you too will give me hefty honorarium.” Some guest preachers even ask for as much as 30 per cent of what they raise or they will fight for it. So people like us who are not pastors in the sense of having a parish or founding a denomination, and so cannot dole out hefty honoraria to reciprocate such gestures, are only invited to preach by few pastors that love the truth.

Nowadays, some pastors teach things that many accept as truth when such things are lies from the pit of hell. For instance, I hear some pastors teach that the minister is greater than the ministry. This is a weighty statement whose hidden import include, one, the minister is greater than everybody in that ministry put together; and two, when that minister dies, his ministry will also die. Is this not a bad way to prophesy over one’s labour? Some pastors today teach that poverty is a sin. I have not seen that in the Bible! Jesus said, we shall always have the poor among us. And when Paul went to clarify some doctrinal issues with the church in Jerusalem, among the things they told him to always do was to feed the poor. Yes, the Bible calls poverty a curse, but it never calls it a sin! It is a curse of the law just like sin and sickness which man inherited from Adam. In principle, man is supposed to be free from these curses at the new birth, but in reality it is not so. It takes revelation to go from the principles stated in the Bible to the reality lived in life.

The result of such half-truths is that congregants now do all in their power to make money. There was the media-celebrated case in Lagos of the man who stole tens of millions of naira from his employers to give to his church. He didn’t do it to enrich himself but for God to bless him to enable him pay back what he stole. There was a case in Aba of a sales girl who stole about N2 million from her employers and gave all to her church. She was sued and jailed two years. Even her church refused her employer’s N500,000 plea bargain offer.

Today, prostitutes and armed robbers go to churches and feel no pangs of conscience. When pastors attract such a crowd, the next thing they do is to raise money. I was in a service recently where a guest minister raised tens of millions of naira without stating what the money would be used for. “There must be a need in the church,” he said and began to call people to give in the millions. The more he raised, the more honorarium he got.

Most pastors today have the same view on rebellion, even those that broke away from other churches. They kink its meaning to suit their aim of trapping members. For instance, when somebody fails to carry out the pastor’s instruction, it automatically becomes rebellion. And they would threaten that the ground would open up and swallow the person as it did to Korah, Dathan and Abiram in Numbers 16:32. But these were men who wanted to split the ministry of Moses and not men who failed to obey an instruction. But then is rebellion against God not one of the definitions of sin? And we all, including these pastors, sin against God every day and God has not asked the ground to open up and swallow us. Why should He do that just because a pastor is involved? Moreover, we now live in the era of grace when such things no longer happen.

The result of all this is that many people today go to church out of fear (but where the spirit of God is there should be liberty!), or simply to please their pastor – not out of unalloyed desire to worship God. Permit me to state here that the church is a living thing, spiritually speaking. So it has the seven major traits of living things. Based on this truth, the church can be divided into three. First is the living church. This is the church guided by the word of God. It allows men to manifest their gifts. It does not cage the Holy Spirit but gives Him free course to manifest in their affairs. It is a church that feeds her members with the pure bread of God’s word sans poison. Few churches in any epoch belong here. The second is the dead church. These are churches that give no regard to the revealed word of God. They feed their members with bread drenched in poison, which leads them to spiritual death. They are full of ceremonies and fatuous rituals. They stifle the gift of God in men, cage the Holy Spirit and keep Him out of their affairs, which they run with human philosophies. Many of the orthodox churches belong here.

The third kind of church is the quasi-living church. This one has traits that swing between the first and the second above. Some are like the Laodecean church that Jesus spoke of in Revelation 3:14–22. They are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, and the Lord said He would spew them out of His mouth. It is a church that boasts in its material possessions like we do today. They preach prosperity and miracles instead of preaching values. Because of the untruths we spread today, the church has become impotent and prey to groups like Boko Haram, hence our insane act of taking arms against them. The church should never take arms against any group. We must win all battles in the spirit realm.

I know this article would ruffle some feathers in Christendom, make me lose some friends, and many would pillory me for washing our dirty linen in public. But permit me to state, unlike what many would argue, that exposing our sins does not make God any less powerful nor His gospel any less potent. The Bible does not support hiding our sins. That is why it says in Proverbs 28:13 that, “Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.”

One of the tragedies of today’s church is that the knives that are sharp have no handles, and the ones that have handles are not sharp! Thus the orthodox churches that have drab messages, whose pastors are as blunt as wood, have better character and structures, and the Pentecostal churches that have great messages, whose pastors hone themselves to keen-edge sharpness, have many character and structural flaws. And to worsen the matter, they now wear the garb of infallibility. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by bbporsche: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
naijababe: If this is not idol worship, i don't know what is

So typical of u!! Do u know wat idol worshiping is?? We celebrate our man of God we don't worship him.
I don't remember when celebrating some1 esp on his birthday bcame idolizing!!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
treasuredkid: He never requested for the Bill board to be erected on his behalf. those who felt he deserved it and much took the huge step as a sign of appreciation. be an achiever and watch what others will do for you. thumps up Pastor Chris for changing the lives of many...its only possible though the Holy Ghost.

Brain-washed ignoramus.
Even the much-maligned Benny Hinn ordered a poster erected on his behalf at Redemption camp to be torn down.
I won't say any more since mental toilets like you are not likely to understand what the above means.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by treasuredkid: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
History is replete with stories of men and women who inspired revolutions through their writings. This doesn’t mean writing malicious things about people just to berate them, but penning constructive suggestions that can improve the society and the country as a whole. Wondering what some NL achieve in writing malicious things about people just to berate them. if you're a good script editor please show off your skills in constructive suggestions that can improve the society and our country.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
StarBoard: A chariot.
Just in case Billyonaire doesn't know
I didnt mention chariot, infact its the first time i have typed chariot in a very longtime. I think you should pay attention to read.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
I stand by my assertion that our Pastors know better than you congregators. Tell me you know the Bible more than Chris Oyhaks, Chris Okotie, TB Joshua, Oyedepo and Daddy Redeem. These men of God dedicated their lives learning and teaching Christianity and the Bible. If they fly on Jets, then ask deeply. There is something about Christianity and wealth that you poor ignorant folks refuse to learn from them every sunday, yet you empty your purses to give your last kobo. Believe me, I pity you people. I only brought up the issue of Rich Jesus riding a donkey to buttress my point, yet you chose to think within the box and not outside the box. Listen, God owns the Universe and all that is in it. If you chose to be poor and hate pastors because they portray wealth, then you are cursed by Sat(an). Jesus was a rich man riding on donkey, love it or leave. Our pastors preach about a rich God and grand architect of the Universe and the Cosmic. About billboard, I support MOGs putting their images on BillBoard, they are expounding on the teachings from where Jesus stopped. Real pictures of Jesus do not exist, all the drawings you see are mere caricatures of what Jesus was perceived to look like. And we should not display wrong photos, should we ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by treasuredkid: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
[Brain-washed ignoramus.
Even the much-maligned Benny Hinn ordered a poster erected on his behalf at Redemption camp to be torn down.
I won't say any more since mental toilets like you are not likely to understand what the above means]

History is replete with stories of men and women who inspired revolutions through their writings. This doesn’t mean writing malicious things about people just to berate them, but penning constructive suggestions that can improve the society and the country as a whole. Wondering what some NL achieve in writing malicious things about people just to berate them. if you're a good script editor please show off your skills in constructive suggestions that can improve the society and our country.this is a blog and not a page to throw tantrums and vent your frustrations. Osheeeeeeee
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
I am done talking, if NL represents nigerians, then 2% of the country is smart, 98% is just a waste of functioning organs....
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by cheddarking(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I do not think you understand what the "Greeting or heralding meant". I am a bible student, having dedicated my time to research theology. Jesus wasnt the only person who entered Jerusalam during that festival. People lined both sides of the streets, chorusing that greeting, its was always very thunderous and show of pride. I disagree that you call me dumb, Infact, I know better.

Do you realize the Venerating a person does not symbolize the said person's wealth?

He was being recognized as a religious preacher...not as a Rich Man.

Jesus's life and acts are the perfect example of Humble Living.

Stop saying you studied theology....If you are unintelligent enough to equate a Donkey to a Private Jet/Luxury Transport, you have no chance understanding the complexity of theology
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARES: I am done talking, if NL represents nigerians, then 2% of the country is smart, 98% is just a waste of functioning organs....
Hahahahahah see intolerance. Join the jihad and kill a bunch of people.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking:

Do you realize the Venerating a person does not symbolize the said person's wealth?

Stop saying you studied theology....If you are unintelligent enough to equate a Donkey to a Private Jet/Luxury Transport, you have no chance understanding the complexity of theology
My friend, are you saying that God is humbly poor ? Our God owns the Universe. Stop this crap about poverty and God. Have you read about the parable of Talents ? Why did God take the talent from the guy with 1 and give to the guy with 10, instead of the guy with 5. Bible truth needs holy spirit to understand. God owns everything. Children of God inherit everything.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SamMilla1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
akagaba: For sayin ths to a Man who has turned many 2 righteousnes, u wil suffer d wrath/ God's anger even 2ur 3rd generation. U ar cursed 4life unles u repent n start preachng d gospel. Until then, evry gud thng in ur life has been ceased. U ar d son of d devil& let d devil continue 2use u until u becom a piece of rag. Im just so sory 4u. Accept my sympathy in ur 4eva misfortune and ill- luck. Death wil b beta than ur life. u wil sure pay it all. Satan's agent.

The same to you bro.
Why are you reminding God the kind of punishment he will give to me?

I am past wishing such things to any human but be rest assured that nothing of such will happen to me since your crooked Pastor Chris who was caught with millions of dollars at our airport, banned from TV miracle preaching in South Africa for bribing someone to act as a cripple and many more, should be the one recieving such wishes.
You are already a blind sheep and will never see the light until your death. You will continue to grasp darkness and nothingness and continue to believe that Chris is your God until you go down.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I stand by my assertion that our Pastors know better than you congregators. Tell me you know the Bible more than Chris Oyhaks, Chris Okotie, TB Joshua, Oyedepo and Daddy Redeem. These men of God dedicated their lives learning and teaching Christianity and the Bible. If they fly on Jets, then ask deeply. There is something about Christianity and wealth that you poor ignorant folks refuse to learn from them every sunday, yet you empty your purses to give your last kobo. Believe me, I pity you people. I only brought up the issue of Rich Jesus riding a donkey to buttress my point, yet you chose to think within the box and not outside the box. Listen, God owns the Universe and all that is in it. If you chose to be poor and hate pastors because they portray wealth, then you are cursed by Sat(an). Jesus was a rich man riding on donkey, love it or leave. Our pastors preach about a rich God and grand architect of the Universe and the Cosmic. About billboard, I support MOGs putting their images on BillBoard, they are expounding on the teachings from where Jesus stopped. Real pictures of Jesus do not exist, all the drawings you see are mere caricatures of what Jesus was perceived to look like. And we should not display wrong photos, should we ?
so because they know the bible more than me makes them more qualified to go to heaven when the die? Is knowing the bible a justification of being a born again? Remember that the devil knows the bible more than we humans. Am not against any pastor using billboard to spread the word of God,but wen the content of the message is blasphemy and insulting Jesus and also comparing himself to God then that's where the problem is.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Hahahahahah see intolerance. Join the jihad and kill a bunch of people.
i am sorry i cant tolerate unintelligent arguments.... arguing with you retards my IQ.... its like watching a poor nollywood movie on repeat.....
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by eghost247(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
hilarious especially the Clark Kent and cop
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking:

Brother you are still wasting time trying to educate a perfectly brainless blunt tool.... the dude is studying theology, one day he will stand on the pulpit and tell us it all good to self-service in the public once you are doing it on a donkey grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by cheddarking(m): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: My friend, are you saying that God is humbly poor ? Our God owns the Universe. Stop this crap about poverty and God.

When did I say God was poor?

You can be rich AND humble.

As a Man of God/Christian, you allowed to be rich. Afterall, the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. So if God blesses you, why should you refuse?

This billboard panders to Chris Oyaks Ego by implicitly suggesting that HE ALONE saved a bunch of deluded people.

The fact that Chris Oyaks allowed the Billboard to remain speaks alot about his lack of humility.
It shows that he is happy to be equated to our saviour.

It shows he is a charlatan, and a fraud who has so brainwashed and exploited his followers till they cant think straight.

This is my last comment on this issue.
If you cant understand it, I will not be surprised.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by cheddarking(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARES:
Brother you are still wasting time trying to educate a perfectly brainless blunt tool.... the dude is studying theology, one day he will stand on the pulpit and tell us it all good to self-service in the public once you are doing it on a donkey grin grin grin grin

I tire for the boy... grin grin grin
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
berem: so because they know the bible more than me makes them more qualified to go to heaven when the die? Is knowing the bible a justification of being a born again? Remember that the devil knows the bible more than we humans. Am not against any pastor using billboard to spread the word of God,but wen the content of the message is blasphemy and insulting Jesus and also comparing himself to God then that's where the problem is.
There is nothing on that Billboard that insults Jesus, the Christ. Blasphemy is more Islamic than Christianic. In fact, without these rich Pastors the gospel of Jesus would have long died off. Jesus loves these Pastors. And its God that provides resources for them to keep propagating the good news. Pastors need private jets to move across continents to take the Gospel across geographical divides at any point in time. Do you know how much it cost to own and host Gospel TV channels ? Pastors need lots of money to do this selfless jobs. So if you think pastors should be poor, then you simply want to make Christianity extinct. Our God owns everything, if you are poor, then it means God is not answering your prayers, this could be because you are indoctrinated into the wrong belief system. KNow the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Money, answereth all things (These are the words, of the Lord).
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SamMilla1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: There is nothing on that Billboard that insults Jesus, the Christ. Blasphemy is more Islamic than Christianic. In fact, without these rich Pastors the gospel of Jesus would have long died off. Jesus loves these Pastors. And its God that provides resources for them to keep propagating the good news. Pastors need private jets to move across continents to take the Gospel across geographical divides at any point in time. Do you know how much it cost to own and host Gospel TV channels ? Pastors need lots of money to do this selfless jobs. So if you think pastors should be poor, then you simply want to make Christianity extinct. Our God owns everything, if you are poor, then it means God is not answering your prayers, this could be because you are indoctrinated into the wrong belief system. KNow the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Money, answereth all things (These are the words, of the Lord).

You will convince more people if you just shut up.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by luv2talk(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
Chei, May God Save Nigeria

Crack Ya Ribs Small Jare

The Real Defination Of STUPIDITY
:
1:- Having Unprotected Sexual intercourse with random women but always Insisting Your Barber Must use your Personal CLIPPER. Chei, AIDs is REAL
2:- Buying BB Tourch & Brazilian Hair for Your Girl Friend While Landlord Mess up Your Mama at Village Just because of 2k House Rent.
Chei....City Bobo
3:- Ordering Fried Rice & Chicken at Tantalizers for a Lady you met on Danfo Bus while You order for a Bottle of Ragolis Water.
Chei..Im watching My weight
4:- Cruzing with Range Rovers Sport Car while living in a rented apartment at Obalende
Chei...Eko for Show...
5:- Travavelled to Garbon for 2 week only to come back with a rented British Acents..
Eeewooh!!, I laugh in Hindu
Nehi Nehe Nehaha...

Culled from....
www./FunnyPikin
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking:

When did I say God was poor?

You can be rich AND humble.

As a Man of God/Christian, you allowed to be rich. Afterall, the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. So if God blesses you, why should you refuse?

This billboard panders to Chris Oyaks Ego by implicitly suggesting that HE ALONE saved a bunch of deluded people.

The fact that Chris Oyaks allowed the Billboard to remain speaks alot about his lack of humility.
It shows that he is happy to be equated to our saviour.

It shows he is a charlatan, and a fraud who has so brainwashed and exploited his followers till they cant think straight.

This is my last comment on this issue.
If you cant understand it, I will not be surprised.
Chaddarking, Jesus was the mentor and originator of Christianity which is an extension of Judaism. Pastor Chris and the other MOGs are propagating the same Gospel Jesus Christ started. it is wrong for you to take the glory from these Pastors. Sometimes, humility is stvpidity. I love to call a spade a spade. These pastors have done a lot to Christianity and world peace than Politics in their lifetimes and deserve our praise, and adoration. It does not in any way take worship away from Jesus, the Christ.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking:

I tire for the boy... grin grin grin
i have gone to read all his posts and this is what i deduce.
1. this guy is studying how to be a pastor, at the end of the day he will tell us he was called
2. From all his post, there is nothing wrong with anything a pastor says or do simply because he wants to be a pastor too
3. He detastes the idea that a pastor should be poor because that is his expectant reward for joining the MOG status
4.people like this will never tell their congregation what the need to hear but what they want to hear because after all,he is just a business man.... or should i say a wolf in pastor's clothing
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sam Milla:

You will convince more people if you just shut up.
Take away my freedom of speech then. ...I guess you cant.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by danjohn: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
I am speechless. This billboard is ill-advised at best and stupid at worst. Whoever paid for this billboard is not helping the cause of Pastor Chris. This ad makes Pastor Chris look silly, self-absorbed, narcissistic, egotistic, etc.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARES:
i have gone to read all his posts and this is what i deduce.
1. this guy is studying how to be a pastor, at the end of the day he will tell us he was called
2. From all his post, there is nothing wrong with anything a pastor says or do simply because he wants to be a pastor too
3. He detastes the idea that a pastor should be poor because that is his expectant reward for joining the MOG status
4.people like this will never tell their congregation what the need to hear but what they want to hear because after all,he is just a business man.... or should i say a wolf in pastor's clothing
I am yet to see a Bible verse that says, Do not put up a billboard with your picture. Instead the closest thing is, Do not worship graven images of things on earth or beyond the earth. Stop the sentiments brother. Meanwhile, I am waiting for my "calling".... But I am yet to know, if its via GSM, Sattelite or spiritual transmission. But all I know is that, all call na call. LWKMD
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by magmegas: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
When primacy is paid to individuals rather on Christ they supposedly represent, means derailment from the focus of christian religion into Idolatry. he has only appealed to the fancies of his congregation that has sadly become his money spinning machines and have used sleight of hands and words spinning to disillusioned them into believing that all he does and says were impeccable truth. that billboard becomes derogatory that all the youths who are not pastors are simply on a fools journey and all parents who are training their wards to become anything other than a Pastor is on a fools endeavor. This is a locus-classicus of abuse of of office and reputation.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I am yet to see a Bible verse that says, Do not put up a billboard with your picture. Instead the closest thing is, Do not worship graven images of things on earth or beyond the earth. Stop the sentiments brother. Meanwhile, I am waiting for my "calling".... But I am yet to know, if its via GSM, Sattelite or spiritual transmission. But all I know is that, all call na call. LWKMD
i guess wanking on a donkey and transgender surgery are all great things to do since they are not in the bible..... please grow up and stop embarrassing mankind.... undecided
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
magmegas: When primacy is paid to individuals rather on Christ they supposedly represent, means derailment from the focus of christian religion into Idolatry. he has only appealed to the fancies of his congregation that has sadly become his money spinning machines and have used sleight of hands and words spinning to disillusioned them into believing that all he does and says were impeccable truth. that billboard becomes derogatory that all the youths who are not pastors are simply on a fools journey and all parents who are training their wards to become anything other than a Pastor is on a fools endeavor. This is a locus-classicus of abuse of of office and reputation.
You are well-lettered, but what part of that billboard is idolator-ism. And what part of Christianity as preached by Chris Oyhaks is derailment from focus, when all prayers end with "In Jesus Name" and not "in Oyhakilome's name"... What worship is greater than that ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11 / Zimbabwean Pastor Beaten After Impregnating His Follower (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.