Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions (41289 Views)

Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain / Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by johnwell(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
...The ministry is growing (Gordon 2010)
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by palamo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
I really and deeply respect true men of God. But I abhor the sycophancy of their followers that make mockery of the message or values that these men represent and turn them into demigods.This billboard just screams of ass kissing of the highest order.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
oloriooko: this man draws crowd sha.

anytime anything is posted about this man especially on this forum, men, its always a jamboree of comments.

serious there is something about this man that is unusual.

The mad man who displays his brand of craziness at the market square also draws crowds. . .what is your point?
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by ACM10: 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Let me be frank. The teachings of Pastor Chris Oyhakilome has impacted more enlightenment in many, than the teachings of Jesus Christ. His Teachings are for these times while teachings of Jesus were meant for people of his times. I am not religious, but I love motivational speeches.

Encouraging mastur.bation has impacted more on your life? undecided
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
ACM10: Encouraging mastur.bation has impacted more on your life? undecided
Yes, it was a great eye-opener into the not-so-cool topics in Religion. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by makizee(m): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
A very Egoistic Billboard...
...Am not a christian but i doubt if Pastor E.A Adeboye would approve of this if it were him
........Just Saying!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by FXKing2012(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
pls watch howu criticize a MOG.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Pukkah: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I believe these MOG know deeper truth they are not telling the growing congregations, and that truth is what encourages them to promote self rather than the images of doctrines and dogma as you so desire. Seek the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

I must say, you have a point here.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by TalkWeb44: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
Claus: The bottom right corner of the billboard says happy birthday. His birthday's in December, so this must have been a while ago. I'm surprised no one noticed till now.

It's obviously a birthday message to him, so unlikely to have been created or sanctioned under his authority. However, it appears to have been created by members who aren't even paying attention to the teachings in their own church. I was a CE member for a few years and it was often repeated that if you refuse to obey God's instructions/calling it's to your own detriment. God would always find someone else to do it.

So according to that teaching, the answer to the question of where they would have been if pastor Chris had another profession is: in exactly the same place, erecting a billboard about another pastor!

Who cares! guys wait in here to talk about any topic .. am sure you will have version 2 tomorrow... pastor Chris image PHOTOSHOP! meaning.. a wise soul should mind what he says in here
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pukkah:

I must say, you have a point here.
Thank you.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
zig2ryme04:

I GUESS U DIDNT KNOW WHAT U WERE SAYING. IF YOU WANT TO PUT THE PICTURE OF JESUS ON A BANNER, WHAT PICTURE WOULD U PUT? DO YOU THINK THE SO CALLED PICTURE IS THE TRUE PICTURE OF JESUS? READ THE BOOK OF REVELATION WHEN JESUS APPEARED TO JOHN IN HIS GLORY, JOHN SAYS HE FELL AS A DEAD MAN SEEING JESUS IN HIS GLORY. YOU HAVING THE SO CALLED PICTURE OF JESUS AS A BANNER IM SORRY FOR YOU, YOU ARE AN IDOL WORSHIPER SINCE YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUE PICTURE WHEN HE WAS ALIVE. ITS BETTER YOU PUT THE PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR THE PICTURE OF YOUR PASTOR AS YOUR SPIRITUAL GUILD BECAUSE, THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE THE TRUE IMAGE OF GOD AND WE ARE THE GLORY OF GOD. SO DONT SAY GOD WILL NEVER SHARE HIS GLORY WITH ANYONE, THAT WAS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE YOU WILL SEE WHEN JESUS PRAYED TO THE FATHER AND SAYS ''THE GLORY WHICH THOU HAS GIVEN ME I HAVE GIVEN THEM'' AND THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS WE ARE JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST AND THAT WE ARE TOGETHER WITH CHRIST IN GOD. THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS ''DONT YOU KNOW YE ARE GODS''PSALM 82:6 AND YOU ARE THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF THE FATHER. WHEN YOU READ YOUR BIBLE, YOU WILL SEE WHEN APOSTLE PAUL SAID ''IMITATE ME,JUST AS I IMITATE CHRIST'' (ICORINTHIANS 11:1). WHEN JESUS WAS ENTERING JERUSALEM, PEOPLE WHERE PRAISING HIM BUT HIS DISCIPLES SAID THEY SHOULD SHUT UP BUT JESUS SAID IF THEY CANT PRIASE GOD, HE WILL RAISE STONE TO PRAISE HIM. LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR MEN OF GOD.

OMFG!!!!!!!

Are you being facetious??

Pleeeeeeeeease tell me you are!!!

Aya!! Are you saying Pastor Chris is now on the same level as Jesus Christ?

Okay lemme ask you this - If you believe the verse you just quoted about being joint heirs in the context you understand it. . .Why are some heirs elevated over others? Why isn't anyone putting pictures of you all over the place? Why do you have a trek to the church of your fellow joint heir, who by the way drives in the latest cars? Why do you need a fellow Joint Heir for your salvation. . .after all Jesus Christ was not selective in His glory passing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by redsun(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Preacher men don become comedians now.All tricks in the book they play,to scam magas.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by yohannazack(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
Wuld u have preferred he bombed u in oda to join his church jst d way bh does? Pls NLs, dis is his style and im not sure he is offendin anybody here. Leave pasto CHRIST alone!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
There was no photography during the times of Jesus Christ. The pictures of Jesus circulated worldwide are mere caricature of the great man whose life and times have impacted positively to the planet. Pastor Chris and other men of God deserve the praises,adoration and accolades for expounding on the ancient teachings. Jesus Christ expounded on the same Jewish Teachings using the parables for his generations to enable the neanderthals to understand. Pastor Chris and other Nigerian MOGs are continuing from where Jesus stopped. They deserve the jets and the great lives they live. After all, Jesus rode a donkey to Jerusalem, which was the private jet of that time.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by dmainboss: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, it was a great eye-opener into the not-so-cool topics in Religion. Thank you for asking.

The last days, just like Jesus and the apostles prophesied. That the message of a "man of God" made you happy and opened your eyes, without bringing you into Christ and making you accept him as your Lord and savior, speaks volumes. It sure means there is something really wrong with that message.

Any true message from God will only do 2 things to a non-believer. It wil either make you repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and savior or reject it and walk away. If you can accept it and reject Jesus, it isn't a message from God.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Pain(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Welcome to the cult of idol $ celebrity worship. Do I smell another Guyana Tragedy in the making. Superman lol. Yet we keep criticizing the reverred images of Mother Mary (Peace be Unto Her). Hypocrites!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by cheddarking(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: After all, Jesus rode a donkey to Jerusalem, which was the private jet of that time.

Now I know you are completely MAD.

SILLY BILLY!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
dmainboss:

The last days, just like Jesus and the apostles prophesied. That the message of a "man of God" made you happy and opened your eyes, without bringing you into Christ and making you accept him as your Lord and savior, speaks volumes. It sure means there is something really wrong with that message.

Any true message from God will only do 2 things to a non-believer. It wil either make you repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and savior or reject it and walk away. If you can accept it and reject Jesus, it isn't a message from God.
Last days ? As per the issue of end of times or last days, I wanna ask; Which world is ending ? Planet Earth ? The milky way galaxy ? The Andromeda Galaxy ? The Universe ? Which ?
About being saved: I am already saved, I do not need a Jesus Christ to be saved. Apparently you people still believe that Jesus is the only way to God, for me, Jesus is a pathway to God, and I crossed that pathway already. Jesus, I know.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
chuglothen: Whoever photoshopped him into a pope has reached its limits. Even the powerful Americans know not to mess with the pope. I can't even imagine the kind of curse this man is bringing to himself with this act of stupidity. Didn't anyone tell them that the pope is offbounds for their little trickery!
Who the hell is the pope & who says Pastor Chris wants 2 b him.The pope needs to go get born again before he can b compered with the least in The Kingdom of Heaven.To all ye castigating Pastor Chris go get a life becus he is living one & dnt gv a shit abt u.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
cheddarking: Now I know you are completely MAD. SILLY BILLY!
Hahahahaha This could make a nice rap rhyme for wizkid; "Silly Billy", you are creative Cheddarking, instead of that shit you are doing in UK, have you considered a career in music ?
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by yuncka: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
grin nawa o. Chriss Embasy Plc (pastor's lierbility company). All dese pastor wey dey fry hair sef. E be lyk say d relaxa dey enta somewia. Em for put emself as spartacus na or transfopmers or avatar or naruto:-D
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Pukkah: 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
FXKing2012: pls watch howu criticize a MOG.

What does your MOG stand for?

- Ministry of Oil and Gas
- The Miracle Octad Generator
- Mog (people), the Arakanese descendants living in Tripura in India
- MOdified Gravity theory
- UK/Australian slang for mongrel domestic cat
- Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein, a glycoprotein believed to be important in the process of myelinization of nerves in the central nervous system (CNS)
- Mog (Abenaki) (1663–1724), an Abenaki First Nation person from Canada, AKA Heracouansit, Warracansit, Warracunsit, or Warrawcuset
- Mog, a nickname for the city of Mogadishu, Somalia
- The station code for the Moorgate station platforms used by the former Thameslink service, generally only on weekdays
- A Morgan sports car

Or does your MOG refer to:

- to wander;
- to move away?

Never use an acronym without telling your audience the meaning.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Genovese(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
hmmm...M O G
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by jude33084(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva: Is pastor Chris an American? Why did they add a photo of him being an American president and not a Nigerian president. Tufiakwa.

Don't rush Ť☺ attack others wink

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ first Ƣuȅsti☼ƞ I expect nairaland Ť☺ ask τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ op is wher τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ bill board is errected?

Is it in Lagos or Borno state? undecided
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
Errrr. . . Jesus Christ's role as [b]THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB [/b]is the most important role he played in our lives, his teachings were an added bonus. So until Pastor Chris and the likes are ready to lay down their lives for their church members, I think it is pretty idiotic to try to make more about their so called teachings or compare them to Chirst. (Wow, now that last sentence was one I never thought any would type. . .it's all going to hell in a hand basket undecided )

If Nigerians weren't intellectually and mentally lazy, we won't have the likes of Pastor Chris making reading, understanding, taking notes, researching and praying look like such an arduous task so people who do them are seen as superhuman beings.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
jude33084:

Don't rush Ť☺ attack others wink

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ first Ƣuȅsti☼ƞ I expect nairaland Ť☺ ask τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ op is wher τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ bill board is errected?

Is it in Lagos or Norno state? undecided
The billboard evokes thoughts that are already in our minds, about whether it is right for MOGs to display their pictures and portraits not that images of Jesus, the Christ. We address that core argument, and not necessarily the reality of the poster. The billboard, might not exist, but the issue is a realism.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: There was no photography during the times of Jesus Christ. The pictures of Jesus circulated worldwide are mere caricature of the great man whose life and times have impacted positively to the planet. Pastor Chris and other men of God deserve the praises,adoration and accolades for expounding on the ancient teachings. Jesus Christ expounded on the same Jewish Teachings using the parables for his generations to enable the neanderthals to understand. Pastor Chris and other Nigerian MOGs are continuing from where Jesus stopped. They deserve the jets and the great lives they live. After all, Jesus rode a donkey to Jerusalem, which was the private jet of that time.
can someone please tell this dude to stop putting Jesus on the same level with chris oyakhilome and other men of God? How can you compare a donkey and private jet? How much does a donkey cost compared to a private jet? Was it jesus that bought the donkey he rode on? How could you come here and type nonsense without thinking? Damn it!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by tmontee: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
TalkWeb44:

Who cares! guys wait in here to talk about any topic .. am sure you will have version 2 tomorrow... pastor Chris image PHOTOSHOP! meaning.. a wise soul should mind what he says in here

You are not making any sense my brother.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: There was no photography during the times of Jesus Christ. The pictures of Jesus circulated worldwide are mere caricature of the great man whose life and times have impacted positively to the planet. Pastor Chris and other men of God deserve the praises,adoration and accolades for expounding on the ancient teachings. Jesus Christ expounded on the same Jewish Teachings using the parables for his generations to enable the neanderthals to understand. Pastor Chris and other Nigerian MOGs are continuing from where Jesus stopped. They deserve the jets and the great lives they live. After all, Jesus rode a donkey to Jerusalem, which was the private jet of that time.
seriously donkey = private jet now?..... nigga u full of shitttt
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by frankdrek(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
I DID NOT SEE ANY THING WRONG ABOUT THIS ADVERT. BUT WHEN I JUST LOOKED AT THE BOTTON OF THE DISPLAY I JUST RED THIS...."our dearest pastor , if you were any of there , we would not have been here today! we thANK GOD YOU CAME OUT ON TIME!"
Thant is the bigest mistake they've made as the pope has been criticized ....including other profession......placing other profession dia may not be a problem, but placing a religious figure like the pope is very wrong....cos pastor cris is a baby to the pope.....so watch out and mind your Business.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Errrr. . . Jesus Christ's role as [b]THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB [/b]is the most important role in our lives, his teachings were an added bonus. So until Pastor Chris and the likes are ready to lay down their lives for their church members, I think it is pretty idiotic to compare them to Jesus Christ or try to make more about their so called teachings. (Wow, now that last sentence was one I never thought any would type. . .it's all going to hell in a hand basket undecided )

If Nigerians weren't intellectually and mentally lazy, we won't have the likes of Pastor Chris making reading, understanding, taking notes, researching and praying look like such an arduous task so people who do them are seen as superhuman beings.
The Theory of "Sacrificial Lamb" is a dogma, and if we go into the core issues about the murder via crucifixion of Jesus, the Christ, you might term it blasphemy. Many religion-cum-religious teachers have been murdered or assassinated for conceived political reasons. Jesus was killed for assuming the title, "King of the Jews" a title, reserved for the Pilates and Kings of that time. It was treasonable offense for one to have thousands of people adore you as a King when the political King was there. It was a classic neo-MKO theatrics of the first century. I do not have to say more. People might just hate me for it.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by harryem(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
bini girl:

the Bible says "judge not!"...also, no make Christ Embassy people fight you o...to be forewarned...
@bini-girl: guyz u r hes member

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Types Of People At Cross Over Night / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11 / Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.