Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777412 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
I don't know about changing assessing bodies, but I know of people who got negative responses, reassessed for a different occupation and got positive...this is mainly because their job duties were better suited to another occupation, and not the one they originally applied for. Happens mostly with commercial and social sciences...as sciences are pretty direct.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
ure still awake? grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
Motherhood tinz!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2014
One can actually get to Australia with just N160k cost of flight ticket. Yes, even less than that or a little bit more, depending on when you booked your flight and the airlines.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2014
equlibrium:
solid link brov, thanks a bunch for that.
along with not including bank statement and such, I won't have to submit all those financial documents right? All those pay slips and stuff?
plus since I will be sponsoring myself, will that be an issue?
Cos I don't see the relevance of sponsorship letter and affidavit if I will be paying myself.
Anyone gone through this and was self sponsored before?

Bro. I don't know the complexity of your own application. I've already told you that financial statements(which includes anything that has to do with finance or evidence of funds) is not among the supporting documents for svp application. I don't know what else you want to hear/know. I will advice you to download the form 157 and go through it very well. SVP and Assessment level 1 dznt require you to provide evidence of funds. You are only required to declare you have sufficient fund to take care of your stay in OZ by checking the d small box.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel, how can someone get the bargain...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel:

Bro. I don't know the complexity of your own application. I've already told you that financial statements(which includes anything that has to do with finance or evidence of funds) is not among the supporting documents for svp application. I don't know what else you want to hear/know. I will advice you to download the form 157 and go through it very well. SVP and Assessment level 1 dznt require you to provide evidence of funds. You are only required to declare you have sufficient fund to take care of your stay in OZ by checking the d small box.
k man
thanks plenty
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel: One can actually get to Australia with just N160k cost of flight ticket. Yes, even less than that or a little bit more, depending on when you booked your flight and the airlines.

Pls which airline is this o? Cos I'm quite knowledgable in the travel industry, and this fare sounds unreal. Even if it were one-way sef...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Last time I checked it was abt 220k for the cheapest flight unless he meanth by witchcraft and not aircraft
bossladyMo:

Pls which airline is this o? Cos I'm quite knowledgable in the travel industry, and this fare sounds unreal. Even if it were one-way sef...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
nattybanta: Last time I checked it was abt 220k for the cheapest flight unless he meanth by witchcraft and not aircraft
grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

Yes, it sounds very unreal but it's very real.
Sometime ago, before the attack on nairaland, lawland or someone gave a hint on flying with airasia and tiger airways, so I made research on it and was able to succeed. This is what I did:
I searched for a nice flight combination between Ethiopia airline and airasia and booked a flight to KLIA(Kualar lumpur) from Lagos at N107.8k, and a connecting flight(airasia) to Australia(Goldcoast) at $276 (N45.3k).
I applied and obtain a transit visa at Malaysia embassy at Abuja after 2 working days( normal visa processing time is a week i.e 6 workinh days.) Below are what I submitted at the Malaysia embassy:
1. Form 47(Malaysia visa form)
2.My Australia student visa
3. Original and photocopy if International passport
4.Yellow card
5. My Ethiopia e-ticket and my AirAsia e-ticket.( My arrival to KLIA and departure had 4hrs interval)
6. N1k visa fee.

Now below are what I found about transiting via Thailand, Singapore, or Malaysia.
1.Most AirAsia flight from any other country do have stop over at KLIA, making it less cheaper. So, I booked a flight to KLIA directly instead of transiting via Thailand or Singapore.
2. Malaysia Transit visa allows you to stay a maximum of 120hrs at the KLIA; you are not permitted to leave the airport.
3. AirAsia used to have promo and during such promo you can get a flight to Australia less than $200; I booked my flight just two days after the promo had expired.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel:

Yes, it sounds very unreal but it's very real.
Sometime ago, before the attack on nairaland, lawland or someone gave a hint of flying with airasia and tiger airways, so I made research on it and was able to succeed. This is what I did:
I searched for a nice flight combination between Ethiopia airline and airasia and booked a flight to KLIA(Kualar lumpur) from Lagos at N107.8k, and a connecting flight(airasia) to Australia(Goldcoast) at $276 (N45.3k).
I applied and obtain a transit visa at Malaysia embassy at Abuja after 2 working days( normal visa processing time is a week i.e 6 workinh days.) Below are what I submitted at the Malaysia embassy:
1. Form 47(Malaysia visa form)
2.My Australia student visa
3. Original and photocopy if International passport
4.Yellow card
5. My Ethiopia e-ticket and my AirAsia e-ticket.( My arrival to KLIA and departure had 4hrs interval)
6. N1k visa fee.

Now below are what I found about transiting via Thailand, Singapore, or Malaysia.
1.Most AirAsia flight from any other country do have stop over at KLIA, making it less cheaper. So, I booked a flight to KLIA directly instead of transiting via Thailand or Singapore.
2. Malaysia Transit visa allows you to stay a maximum of 120hrs at the KLIA; you are not permitted to leave the airport.
3. AirAsia used to have promo and during such promo you can get a flight to Australia less than $200; I booked my flight just two days after the promo had expired.

what about luggage? did you have to pay extra or the transit flight accommodated your 23kg bag(i assume you will have 2)

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
All the information about transit visa, I got it on the Malaysia immigratn site. Also, airasia site has comprehensive info on it too. Some countries like India do not require transit visa prior to their arrival at Malaysia, such thing is called transit pass. Nigerai falls among the countries that requires 100% transit visa or any other visa prior to arrival at Malaysia.
Morealso, Airasia made it possible that you can check-in online (except baggages) prior to arrival.
For more info, this link might be useful yqtravelling.com/2013/01/13/how-to-beat-airasias-bst-extra-charges/
Is anyone still doubting? I can willingly help you get over your doubts
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
cconcept:

what about luggage? did you have to pay extra or the transit flight accommodated your 23kg bag(i assume you will have 2)
Just like every other airline, if your baggage exceeds the allowance given, u pay for it. Airasia allows arnd 30kg free. When booking your flight you will see options for baggage... more baggage, more money, though the price is reasonably cheap.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel:
Just like every other airline, if your baggage exceeds the allowance given, u pay for it. Airasia allows arnd 30kg fee. When booking your flight you will see options for baggage... more baggage, more money, though the price is reasonably cheap.

thank you.
how long was the flight from Malaysia to Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
cconcept:

thank you.
how long was the flight from Malaysia to Australia?
At KLIA, departure was 21:25, arrival at OZ was 07:25
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
So because of how much, I go come waka dis kain Isrealites journey lol....when I can easily get Los - Dxb - Mel/Syd or Los - Jnb - Per for a slightly higher price, but shorter travel time, fewer connections and no extra transit visa embassy bla bla stress...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
That itinerary can even make Aus immigration stop you at the border for further questioning sef...

Lagos - Kuala Lumpur on Ethiopia airlines......hmmm..Ethiopian airlines will first of all carry yoi to Addis Ababa, then Kuala Lumpur, then another flight to the Gold Coast, then another domestic flight if going to Mel or Syd or Brisbane or Perth or Adelaide or Darwin or Hobart or Canberra.........All this without calculating the number of hours you will spend in transit/connecting.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
bossladyMo: So because of how much, I go come waka dis kain Isrealites journey lol....when I can easily get Los - Dxb - Mel/Syd or Los - Jnb - Per for a slightly higher price, but shorter travel time, fewer connections and no extra transit visa embassy bla bla stress...

Well, not everybody is as rich as you are. Beside, saving $700-900 is economically wise.
It's obvious you haven't tried booking a flight to Sydney and see the number of transit before you get to Sydney, and you have not visited AirAsia to see their routes...
Why I dey reply your post sef.
If you ain't interested, just let it go. You mustn't reply to every post here.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel:
Well, not everybody is as rich as you are.
It's obvious you haven't tried booking a flight to Sydney and see the number of transit before you get to Sydney, and you have not visited AirAsia to see their routes...
Why I dey reply your post sef.
If you ain't interested, just let it go. You mustn't reply every post here.

Easy Jojo...Down Jojo!!! Don't take it sooo personal
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel: All the information about transit visa, I got it on the Malaysia immigratn site. Also, airasia site has comprehensive info on it too. Some countries like India do not require transit visa prior to their arrival at Malaysia, such thing is called transit pass. Nigerai falls among the countries that requires 100% transit visa or any other visa prior to arrival at Malaysia.
Morealso, Airasia made it possible that you can check-in online (except baggages) prior to arrival.
For more info, this link might be useful yqtravelling.com/2013/01/13/how-to-beat-airasias-bst-extra-charges/
Thumb up. it helps those who cant afford an expensive flight. thanks zenkel.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ermmm...you can get Lagos - Abu Dhabi - Sydney.....so getchya facts right!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
bossladyMo: Ermmm...you can get Lagos - Abu Dhabi - Sydney.....so getchya facts right!

How much this route will cost? Hope it is quite cheap?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
bossladyMo: Ermmm...you can get Lagos - Abu Dhabi - Sydney.....so getchya facts right!

You don't get it ma'am. Zenkel was apparently all about cutting costs which is what most people care about and not the routes nor the amount of transits.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Zenkel: All the information about transit visa, I got it on the Malaysia immigratn site. Also, airasia site has comprehensive info on it too. Some countries like India do not require transit visa prior to their arrival at Malaysia, such thing is called transit pass. Nigerai falls among the countries that requires 100% transit visa or any other visa prior to arrival at Malaysia.

I once read about something like this on this forum. Thank you for your time bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
symbian03:

You don't get it ma'am. Zenkel was apparently all about cutting costs which is what most people care about and not the routes nor the amount of transits.

And I gave my opinion about it. But he had to go all personal about it...you would think he owns the airline or sumn! Haba
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Besides, fares are not fixed. There is no guarantee you will get that 160...it might run up to well over 200. Fares are determined by class of seats and season of purchase. So technically, the difference might end up being a small price to pay for comfort and faster travel...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
prechear:

How much this route will cost? Hope it is quite cheap?

Depends on when you will be travelling and whether one-way or return. Last I checked was about 220 or so, for one-way
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
bossladyMo:

And I gave my opinion about it. But he had to go all personal about it...you would think he owns the airline or sumn! Haba

I'm sorry about that...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
fares are pretty high at the moment especially etihad and emirates...checked today for middle of next month 278,800
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
hello zenkel

Im in the ticketing business myself and I was so sure the 160k you quoted was not possible.I did my research like you stated and guess what?i came up with less than 170k to melbourne.
This is such fantastic news to me and my business.

los to kul with Ethiopia was 111k
kul to mel with emirates was 59k

im still in shock.best thing is the routing isn't too bad as well.

thanks for the info.

P.S-Egypt air to kul is bout 95k
Qatar is 106k.

what might cause stress though is having a connecting flight that leaves not too long after u arrive in kul.i guess that's where the transit visa comes in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.