Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777119 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear:

Ok. No worries. I will Quote and direct any question I have specifically for u. Watch this space. Your Hubby must be a lucky man. Hope u don't "BOSS" him around Lol

Hahaha...he is the BossMan!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear:
@bellong
Tnx once again.
I will keep waiting and hoping for that GOLDEN email. Are u an Aussie hopeful or u are already there? We can inbox one another, if u don't mind.

Still hopeful. No problem with the inbox stuff.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo:

It just doesn't make sense for dibp to ask for medicals from non-mig family members, cos medicals are only valid for a year. Oh well, it's their country, their rules

Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

Still hopeful. No problem with the inbox stuff.

ok
I have sent u a request through your nairaland-linked email address. I don't knw if u hav received it. Hope its still active and accessible by u?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear:

ok
I have sent u a request through your nairaland-linked email address. I don't knw if u hav received it. Hope its still active and accessible by u?

Yet to see it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

Yet to see it

I just replied ur mail. Check ur inbox
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Walker0809: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2014
cconcept: @walker
do you have publications in international journals?
are you consistently making As in your results?
do you have a thorough understanding of research methodology and can do independent study?
are you financially capable of funding or you are relying on scholarships?
is your goal academic research or PR?

think about these and many more-it will help you decide if a phd study is best for you and probably you can get an offer in australia

Yah I have 5 publications in both economics and international business journals but still working on some at the moment I don't have issues in education. Won't lie am nt financial capable ma goal is academic research and PR. Thanks for the question u knw life is abit better in English speaking countries than a country they don't speak ur language..

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weconsult: 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
bellong: @UBKTech and others

Would someone added as a non-migrating member be required to do a medical test or produce a police character certificate?

looking through the form, i see it says "Any non migrating dependent family member" if you say YES and put names in there, they will have to go through medicals and if they fail the medicals *especially elderly folks, you will lose out on your visa. (just my 2 cents.) UkBTECH is correct on this. You can add the family members on your form 80. that way, there is a record of them for future purposes.

secondly, I differ with bosslady on the medicals being referred thing. *with all due respect. i wasnt referred, ukbtech wasnt, and i know a host of other guyz that werent. though nigeria is High risk, the processing time is quite fast in comparison with the asians and arabs. if your claims are direct, you can get your PR in 4-5months
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2014
bossladyMo:

You have to list all your family members now...cos when you want to file for them to come over, you might encounter a bit of trouble, as they were not originally listed.....u get? Don't think they will have to do medicals now sha, as they are not migrating with you, so it will be a waste. If at any point in time you would like to change their status to migrating, then they will have to do medicals and pcc.

@bossladyMo, they are required to do medicals once listed. I got engaged and added my then fiancee while while my visa was still in processing. DIBP gave me two options:

IN-CONFIDENCE:CLIENT
Dear Mr UBKTech,

I note that you have submitted Form 1022 advising that you are now engaged, congratulations!

1 Please advise if you wish to include your spouse as a migrating applicant or if she will not be migrating at the same time with you (if not migrating with you please state reasons).

2 If you wish to include your spouse in your visa application as a migrating family member/dependent, you are required to submit the following information:
- evidence of relationship/cohabitation – utility bills, lease agreements, evidence of correspondence being sent to both yourself and your spouse at the same address covering the 12 months prior to the date of DIAC invitation to apply for your SI-189 visa;
- your spouse’s passport bio-date page;
- your spouse’s birth certificate;
- your spouse's fully completed Form 80;
- your spouse's signed Form 1281;
- evidence of your spouse's Functional English or advise if you wish to pay the VAC2 for her English tuition;
- your spouse’s Police clearance certificates;
- your spouse’s medicals.

3 If your spouse will not be migrating at the same time with you she must still be added to your visa application as a non-migrating family member/dependent, you are therefore required to only submit the following information:
- your spouse's passport bio-data page;

The deadline to provide your response to #1 above and submit documents for #2 or 3 above is 28 days from today’s date.

Thank you.

This was the exact E-mail I received from DIBP. The essence of this requirement is to make sure that every potential applicant in an application meets the health & character requirements ab initio.

Hope this clarifies it for you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014
bellong:

The question I asked initially was whether they will be required to do the medicals now to which UBKtech responded in the affirmative. Are you sure the medicals will not be required now until they are migrating?

UBKtech has passed through this stage and he said it is required now. Need to be sure before filling the form.

Thank you

@Bellong, they are required to do medicals once listed. I got engaged and added my then fiancee while while my visa was still in processing. DIBP gave me two options:

IN-CONFIDENCE:CLIENT
Dear Mr UBKTech,

I note that you have submitted Form 1022 advising that you are now engaged, congratulations!

1 Please advise if you wish to include your spouse as a migrating applicant or if she will not be migrating at the same time with you (if not migrating with you please state reasons).

2 If you wish to include your spouse in your visa application as a migrating family member/dependent, you are required to submit the following information:
- evidence of relationship/cohabitation – utility bills, lease agreements, evidence of correspondence being sent to both yourself and your spouse at the same address covering the 12 months prior to the date of DIAC invitation to apply for your SI-189 visa;
- your spouse’s passport bio-date page;
- your spouse’s birth certificate;
- your spouse's signed Form 1281;
- evidence of your spouse's Functional English or advise if you wish to pay the VAC2 for her English tuition;

3 If your spouse will not be migrating at the same time with you she must still be added to your visa application as a non-migrating family member/dependent, you are therefore required to only submit the following information:

The deadline to provide your response to #1 above and submit documents for #2 or 3 above is 28 days from today’s date.

Thank you.

This was the exact E-mail I received from DIBP. The essence of this requirement is to make sure that every potential applicant in an application meets the health & character requirements ab initio.

Hope this clarifies it for you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:28am On Jul 22, 2014
Walker0809:

Yah I have 5 publications in both economics and international business journals but still working on some at the moment I don't have issues in education. Won't lie am nt financial capable ma goal is academic research and PR. Thanks for the question u knw life is abit better in English speaking countries than a country they don't speak ur language..

then consider if this your course of study is a pathway to PR.
I am not sure but others can make it clearer if economic related courses are on the demand list.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2014
@ UBKtech
From the letter DIBP sent to u, their position is very clear regarding MIGRATING/NON-MIGRATING family members/partner. If one is including a migrating family/partner, that family member/member is expected to undergo a medical and this makes a lot of sense as such a person is also entering the Australian society just as the principal applicant. DIBP do NOT require non-migrating family members to undergo medicals. Their inclusion in Form 80 is for record purpose and for future reference if u are inviting them over. This is my take.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
prechear: @ UBKtech
From the letter DIBP sent to u, their position is very clear regarding MIGRATING/NON-MIGRATING family members/partner. If one is including a migrating family/partner, that family member/member is expected to undergo a medical and this makes a lot of sense as such a person is also entering the Australian society just as the principal applicant. DIBP do NOT require non-migrating family members to undergo medicals. Their inclusion in Form 80 is for record purpose and for future reference if u are inviting them over. This is my take.

@Prechear, Na waoh!! Did you read my post from the back of the computer?? grin grin For easy reference.....

But I am not certain if it applies to Temporary Visa though...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
@UBKteck
You are right. I see ur point. Regardless of whether ur partner is a MIGRATING/NON-MIGRATING, he/she will have to undergo medicals at the time of ur application before visa. I think this applies only to a partner NOT family members. Remember, ur case officer will have to give whoever is undergoing a medical a HAP ID. Did they send ur partner a HAP ID?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
prechear: @UBKteck
You are right. I see ur point. Regardless of whether ur partner is a MIGRATING/NON-MIGRATING, he/she will have to undergo medicals at the time of ur application before visa. I think this applies only to a partner NOT family members. Remember, ur case officer will have to give whoever is undergoing a medical a HAP ID. Did they send ur partner a HAP ID?

Well, we did not use HAP ID for each of our medicals, done 6months apart. We used my TRN (transaction reference number) on the medical forms instead. Did my medicals 2months after applying
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ UBKtech
U said u and ur spouse did medicals 6months apart; I thought u said DIBP required tht u provide those requirement within 28days. Why the long delay? And another thing, how is ur application progressing or progressed? Did they eventually grant u guys the visa considering tht ur medicals is at least 6 months ago? I did my medicals about 2 months ago and still no words frm DIBP.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
@prechear

DIBP requires all migrating and non-migrating dependants to undergo and PASS the health check...as long as their names appear on the application then they must undergo the health check.......UBKtech has even been magnanimous enough to copy out the mail he received from his CO.....personally, I see the requirement as a landmine because if one person out of the lot fails - migrating or not, then the entire application is thrown out.

See the information below from the horse's mouth (DIBP website):

If you are applying for a permanent or provisional visa you will generally need to complete:

•a medical examination
•a chest x-ray and (if aged 11 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds)
•an HIV test (if aged 15 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds).
You may also be required to complete additional tests if you:

•are aged 15 over and are intending to work as (or study to be) a doctor, dentist, nurse or paramedic in Australia (hepatitis B and C testing will also be required)
•are pregnant (hepatitis B testing will also be required)
•are aged 15 or over and applying for a protection or a humanitarian visa (hepatitis B and C, and syphilis testing is required)
•are an unaccompanied humanitarian minor, a child for adoption or a child in the care of an Australian state or territory government welfare authority (HIV and hepatitis B testing is required)
•have a specific health condition that is identified during your initial health examinations or as part of the visa application process.
Important: The above health examinations will also need to be completed by any non-migrating dependents, that is any members of your family unit who do not intend to migrate and are not included in your visa application, in case they decide to migrate in the future.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-exam.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weconsult: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
@prechear
I'm with ubktech on this. There are other forums where this can be confirmed. non migrating family members will have to undergo medicals because they may decide to migrate later. hence, they have to undergo the medicals now. i'm not sure of what the rules are on this forum otherwise, i could post some links. however, ubktech is accurate on his assertions. In my application, i filled in NO.
i heard of a case where the non migrating family members failed medicals and the CO didn't approve the visa for that singular reason. The family member was elderly and would be a burden on the tax payers money if she decides to migrate later. I understand that's the rational.
however, you can go ahead and fill in their names, as long as there aren't any complications......cool.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Important: The above health examinations will also need to be completed by any non-migrating dependents, that is any members of your family unit who do not intend to migrate and are not included in your visa application, in case they decide to migrate in the future.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-exam.htm

@spiggy and weconsult
I still disagree with your interpretation of DIBP statement. The last sentence of DIBP statement says it ALL and I quote: "in case they decide to migrate in the future"
They said "IN FUTURE" not at the moment of application or during processing. What if a family member is cleared medically now and in future, at the time he/she want to visit Australia upon ur invitation, he/she have Tuberculosis for example? What ws the purpose of the first medicals tht cleared he/she? It doesn't make sense in my opinion. I knw of a friend that got PR and he never said his non-migrating family members he included in Form 80 had to undergo medicals. As for a non-migrating partner to undergo medical, it makes sense not non-migrating family members.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
bossladyMo:

It just doesn't make sense for dibp to ask for medicals from non-mig family members, cos medicals are only valid for a year. Oh well, it's their country, their rules

In 2012 when I applied for my PR, I listed my non-migrating family members which included my dad and siblings and they were not required to carry out medical and police checks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
manmeta:

In 2012 when I applied for my PR, I listed my non-migrating family members which included my dad and siblings and they were not required to carry out medical and police checks.

@Manmeta
Thank u.
Now we have concrete evidence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weconsult: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
@prechear and manmeta
you need to clarify this fact. I concur that on FORM 80, you have to fill in the details of all family members but for the visa application, if i'm not mistaken and according to my interpretation of the docs quoted by spiggy above, non migrating dependent family members are to undergo medicals.

I just looked through my form again and it says non migrating dependent family members. In this case, i am clear they have to undergo medicals. perhaps the question "non migrating family members" differs from "non migrating dependent family members" where dependent is the variance between the two. Your dependent is expected to migrate with you sooner or later.
On form 80, you get to fill in the details of your parents and siblings.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
I think the issue here is non-migrating family members and non-migrating DEPENDENT family members.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
weconsult:

looking through the form, i see it says "Any non migrating dependent family member" if you say YES and put names in there, they will have to go through medicals and if they fail the medicals *especially elderly folks, you will lose out on your visa. (just my 2 cents.) UkBTECH is correct on this. You can add the family members on your form 80. that way, there is a record of them for future purposes.

secondly, I differ with bosslady on the medicals being referred thing. *with all due respect. i wasnt referred, ukbtech wasnt, and i know a host of other guyz that werent. though nigeria is High risk, the processing time is quite fast in comparison with the asians and arabs. if your claims are direct, you can get your PR in 4-5months

Being referred due to HR country does not neccessarily mean you will have to wait for months, it is only when you are referred because of a specific illness or reason, that you might have to wait long e.g if you need treatment or further test. Some applicants dont even know they were referred even...it is only when there is a specific problem, that you are notified.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
prechear:

@Manmeta
Thank u.
Now we have concrete evidence.

You can email your CO for a status update...or ypu can call DIBP. Many people have gotten their grants few hrs...even mins after contacting CO/DIBP. But be ready to stay on hold for 30mins or more, if you decide to call them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by xkunzo(m): 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
suxes2005: Hey guys,

Do Australia have anything called Cable Visa?

Please someone should educate me, please.

yes there is Australia cable visa only for usa,canada Europe and some part in Asia...Africa is not part of it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
weconsult: @prechear and manmeta
you need to clarify this fact. I concur that on FORM 80, you have to fill in the details of all family members but for the visa application, if i'm not mistaken and according to my interpretation of the docs quoted by spiggy above, non migrating dependent family members are to undergo medicals.

I just looked through my form again and it says non migrating dependent family members. In this case, i am clear they have to undergo medicals. perhaps the question "non migrating family members" differs from "non migrating dependent family members" where dependent is the variance between the two. Your dependent is expected to migrate with you sooner or later.
On form 80, you get to fill in the details of your parents and siblings.

The online form I filled required I provided my spouse's (wife's) details.

Thereafter, there is a section tagged FAMILY MEMBERS. This is segmented into two:

1. Migrating Dependents: These are my two kids.

2. Non-migrating DEPENDENTS: These are my siblings, dad and deceased mom.

(Please note that these are the exact words on the form)

No other segments to cover for family and I only carried out medical and police checks for myself, wife and migrating dependents (my two kids).

I was not required to provide same for my listed NON-MIGRATING DEPENDENTS.

I submitted this application in February 2012 when the skilled independent visa was tagged 175 before the SkillSelect process was initiated. I suppose when SkillSelect kicked off in July 2012, maybe these changes about providing checks for non-migrating (dependent) family members were introduced then. I wouldn't know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2014
manmeta:

The online form I filled required I provided my spouse's (wife's) details.

Thereafter, there is a section tagged FAMILY MEMBERS. This is segmented into two:

1. Migrating Dependents: These are my two kids.

2. Non-migrating DEPENDENTS: These are my siblings, dad and deceased mom.

(Please note that these are the exact words on the form)

No other segments to cover for family and I only carried out medical and police checks for myself, wife and migrating dependents (my two kids).

I was not required to provide same for my listed NON-MIGRATING DEPENDENTS.

I submitted this application in February 2012 when the skilled independent visa was tagged 175 before the SkillSelect process was initiated. I suppose when SkillSelect kicked off in July 2012, maybe these changes about providing checks for non-migrating (dependent) family members were introduced then. I wouldn't know.

@Manmeta, I believe the rationale behind this depends on whether the non-migrating dependent is a member of a family unit(spouse, kids) or a relative (parents, siblings), for members of a family unit, I believe DIBP is justified in requesting for PCC & medicals. Because once you become a permanent resident, DIBP is under a moral obligation to allow members of your family to join you hence the requirements.

As for dependent relatives (parents, siblings), DIBP may not require them to undertake PCC & medicals because they will have to qualify for a visa in their own right before coming to Australia.

My 2cents though!!!

@Bellong, which family members were you referring to and what category visa are you interested in? Either way, you still need to list your relatives on your application to avoid complications in the future. Since you are interested in bringing the over later. DIBP is categorical about this, plz read: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/bringing_family/how-to-apply.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
IELTS is out! 9, 8, 7(writing), 8.......noooooooooooo!!! Lol! 190 it is!!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo: IELTS is out! 9, 8, 7(writing), 8.......noooooooooooo!!! Lol! 190 it is!!!!
Congrat. well done bosslady. you smashed it

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Not as much as I would have liked though. An 8 in all bands would have thrown me straight to 189...but all join hehe! Hubby assessing now is not even an option sef, transcript issues with Naija unis as usual!

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.