Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755310 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo: Not as much as I would have liked though. An 8 in all bands would have thrown me straight to 189...but all join hehe! Hubby assessing now is not even an option sef, transcript issues with Naija unis as usual!
You can go for 190 without your husband assesing his qualification. or what other options are you looking into?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo: IELTS is out! 9, 8, 7(writing), 8.......noooooooooooo!!! Lol! 190 it is!!!!

Ingleees handled, like a boss cool

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
surveyor1:
You can go for 190 without your husband assesing his qualification. or what other options are you looking into?

Yes I can. I'm just a sucker for 189 lol...I like the independence it brings
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cypha8:

Ingleees handled, like a boss cool

Weird that it is Reading, that I used to find absolutely boring, that I got a perfect score in!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Weird that it is Reading, that I used to find absolutely boring, that I got a perfect score in!
so are you are going to search for state, that will nominate you before lodging right?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
Yea...already have the available states. QLD took my skill off 190, and moved to 489 tho....but I have other 190 options.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo: Yea...already have the available states. QLD took my skill off 190, and moved to 489 tho....but I have other 190 options.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

What abt asking for remarking d Writing? If u used d bomb...u may get 1 point. Sb was upgraded from 5.5 to 6.5 without payment. If u doubt dat score.....

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
surveyor1:
All the best.

Thanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
UBKtech:

@Bellong, which family members were you referring to and what category visa are you interested in? Either way, you still need to list your relatives on your application to avoid complications in the future. Since you are interested in bringing the over later. DIBP is categorical about this, plz read: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/bringing_family/how-to-apply.htm

Parents and siblings for subclass 190.

Thank you for the detailed explanation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
ferdimako:
What abt asking for remarking d Writing? If u used d bomb...u may get 1 point. Sb was upgraded from 5.5 to 6.5 without payment. If u doubt dat score.....

Naaaa....I think I'll pass. I don't have 6-8 weeks to spare...if I did, I would have just claimed partner skills. Honestly, I was expecting a 7.5, cos my first supporting paragraph was not so strong, and the complex sentence at the end of my conclusion was faulty.....all because I wasted time on section A (which I believe boosted my overall score a bit sef).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
weconsult:

I just looked through my form again and it says non migrating dependent family members. In this case, i am clear they have to undergo medicals. perhaps the question "non migrating family members" differs from "non migrating dependent family members" where dependent is the variance between the two. Your dependent is expected to migrate with you sooner or later.
On form 80, you get to fill in the details of your parents and siblings.

The form only has "Migrating family members" and "Non-migrating dependent family members". There is none for "non-migrating family members".
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Naaaa....I think I'll pass. I don't have 6-8 weeks to spare...if I did, I would have just claimed partner skills. Honestly, I was expecting a 7.5, cos my first supporting paragraph was not so strong, and the complex sentence at the end of my conclusion was faulty.....all because I wasted time on section A (which I believe boosted my overall score a bit sef).
OK.... u tried. All d best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo: IELTS is out! 9, 8, 7(writing), 8.......noooooooooooo!!! Lol! 190 it is!!!!
@ "BOSSMAN"
Congrats! U nailed it! I think IELTS is arguably highest hurdle in IMMIGRTN process baring other issues like medicals and stuff. Are u very sure u can't go for 189? I put in for 189 and I averaged 7.5(Academic, at least 7 in all bands) and my assessment was positive. U may want to re-check. Congrats once again "BOSSMAN"

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
ferdimako:
OK.... u tried. All d best.

Thanks jare! And to you too! Thanks for the materials once again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
prechear:
@ "BOSSMAN"
Congrats! U nailed it! I think IELTS is arguably highest hurdle in IMMIGRTN process baring other issues like medicals and stuff. Are u very sure u can't go for 189? I put in for 189 and I averaged 7.5(Academic, at least 7 in all bands) and my assessment was positive. U may want to re-check. Congrats once again "BOSSMAN"

Naaa...I can't. I fall on 55 with this IELTS score. Would have gotten to 65 if I scored 8 on my writing. And I dont have up to 3yrs experience...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Naaa...I can't. I fall on 55 with this IELTS score. Would have gotten to 65 if I scored 8 on my writing. And I dont have up to 3yrs experience...
Why won't ur hubby evaluate for d 5pts? If u have settled for 190...it is OK.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks jare! And to you too! Thanks for the materials once again
Don't mention! I'm glad u did very well.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
ferdimako:
Why won't ur hubby evaluate for d 5pts? If u have settled for 190...it is OK.

We cant wait jor. Our school has spent almost a month looking for his file...their excuae is that there is no light in the file storage room...imagine! So if we are to assess his, only God knows when his transcript will be ready!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

We cant wait jor. Our school has spent almost a month looking for his file...their excuae is that there is no light in the file storage room...imagine! So if we are to assess his, only God knows when his transcript will be ready!
haha I still have not got mine...but it will come around with my deserved Upper. I'm not uneasy abt d 6months it might still take because my M.Sc is what I will use after all. And both are likely to mature at d same time-Jan 2015.

Select a state and file joor...anywhere in OZ shld do for two yrs and u regain ur independence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
ferdimako:
haha I still have not got mine...but it will come around with my deserved Upper. I'm not uneasy abt d 6months it might still take because my M.Sc is what I will use after all. And both are likely to mature at d same time-Jan 2015.

Select a state and file joor...anywhere in OZ shld do for two yrs and u regain ur independence.

Anywhere is better than here o! LOL

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Congrats bosslady: am so so happy for u, I hope for a +7 in all-band of my IELTS next week.
bossladyMo:

Anywhere is better than here o! LOL

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 1:59am On Jul 24, 2014
@bossylady,@ferdymako and everyone, plz my elder bro wrote ielts on the 10th of July and I checked he's score online and there was no result. Please, is there any advice? Also I'm writing mine on the 2nd of Aug and I'm not very much prepared. Plz I need materials if anyone can help me. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 24, 2014
nattybanta: Congrats bosslady: am so so happy for u, I hope for a +7 in all-band of my IELTS next week.

Thanks! Best of luck!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 24, 2014
ironbender101: @bossylady,@ferdymako and everyone, plz my elder bro wrote ielts on the 10th of July and I checked he's score online and there was no result. Please, is there any advice? Also I'm writing mine on the 2nd of Aug and I'm not very much prepared. Plz I need materials if anyone can help me. Thanks

Try calling BC. I wrote the same day, and I already got my test report form the same day results were released. They were released at exactly 12noon
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2014
@bosslady and Cypha,how una dey? Pls did VETASSES send u guys d result of your application directly to your emails or were u asked to login to their portal and check d result.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:15am On Jul 24, 2014
cheedyH: @bosslady and Cypha,how una dey? Pls did VETASSES send u guys d result of your application directly to your emails or were u asked to login to their portal and check d result.

You can check the outcome only on their portal and none would be sent to your email. In addition, you will get a hard copy sent to given address.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beautyuche: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2014
Goodday All,

I will need help here.For sumone who just have waec and neco result and will want to study nursing in australia what is the process where will she start from?will they accept her and her child into school ?will she be able to work to catter for their need?

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheedyH: @bosslady and Cypha,how una dey? Pls did VETASSES send u guys d result of your application directly to your emails or were u asked to login to their portal and check d result.

As Bellong said, it's only available on their portal.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
beautyuche: Goodday All,

I will need help here.For sumone who just have waec and neco result and will want to study nursing in australia what is the process where will she start from?will they accept her and her child into school ?will she be able to work to catter for their need?

Your kind response will be appreciated.

If you have O'level result, that can give you access to an undergraduate study in Nursing. It is left for you to search through schools you can afford the fees.

You will be admitted provided you meet the entry qualification (If you have good O'level result and functional English). The child will equally be admitted into school but I am not sure if it will be free or you have to pay.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by beautyuche: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
bellong:

If you have O'level result, that can give you access to an undergraduate study in Nursing. It is left for you to search through schools you can afford the fees.

You will be admitted provided you meet the entry qualification (If you have good O'level result and functional English). The child will equally be admitted into school but I am not sure if it will be free or you have to pay.

Thank you so much that was helpful.It seems institutions are quite expensive anything less than $5k fees in first year.Anyone with info in this?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
beautyuche:

Thank you so much that was helpful.It seems institutions are quite expensive anything less than $5k fees in first year.Anyone with info in this?

That information is what you can do by visiting their sites. However, I don't think you can get a University where you pay 5k in first year. You should be looking at minimum of 15k (if there is a very cheap one).

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.