Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755844 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
s3nn2x:

Thanks for the certification aspect.

With regards to the MSc stuff, I am more concerned about the nomenclature 'Master of', I have not seen any 'Msc' in any of the schools I have searched.

I intend to apply for masters by coursework, is there any research component in it?

And NO, I am not applying through any agent, I am doing it myself. It is actually a scholarship programme funded by the Australian government....
c u wan do master u still dey ask dis kind question MSc or Master can be use interchangeable but u need to pay attention and read d page very well 2 know if its academic Masters or professional masters eg we have MSc business admin n der is also MBA business admin d diff is d later is a professional master dat can't b used for Phd in order word its a terminal degree dats wat dey r called so watch out for d term terminal degree. So by reading wat d course contain n co u will definitely know so nobody can tell u dat u r d one seeing it except u want to post it here for us to c but if u can diff dat den u r not worth doing d MSc

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by s3nn2x(m): 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
dailydolar:
c u wan do master u still dey ask dis kind question MSc or Master can be use interchangeable but u need to pay attention and read d page very well 2 know if its academic Masters or professional masters eg we have MSc business admin n der is also MBA business admin d diff is d later is a professional master dat can't b used for Phd in order word its a terminal degree dats wat dey r called so watch out for d term terminal degree. So by reading wat d course contain n co u will definitely know so nobody can tell u dat u r d one seeing it except u want to post it here for us to c but if u can diff dat den u r not worth doing d MSc
Thanks a lot. So far, I havent seen the word 'Terminal Degree' in any of the courses....I will do more research.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
bossladyMo:

Be careful when it comes to scholarships. The post-study work visa (...i think) does not allow people who schooled in Aus using govt funding and some other special funding like that.

Let me get the link out.

Except you don't intend applying for pswv and pr sha!

I pretty agree with bossladyMO on this. Scholarships are good but be careful of the T and C.
Plus supposing the condition u meet in OZ is far better than ur present position in Naija, what will u now do? Guess u ll still return to use ur acquired knowledge to solve BH issue!
Anyway, if there is no other way to cut down expenses, guess u dont have any other option than to sign the agreement if u are selected for the scholarship.
Msc and Master same depending on schl or program..but clarify wit schl.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
walmak:

Hi, I read your response. I also applied for assessment by VETASSESS, and I have uploaded all my credentials. I sent my Transcript from school officially. However I didn't send my degree certificates as I have uploaded a certified copy of it. Would you advise me to still send a hard copy of my University degree as the status still reads in progress or the certified soft copy will suffice for positive assessment?

It states clearly on their website that degree certificates to be posted and transcript to be sent by the issuing institution

There is no way around it. My school accepted to include a certified copy of my cert, along with the transcript...all I did was give them a copy, so I didn't have to send seperately.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
bossladyMo:

It states clearly on their website that degree certificates to be posted and transcript to be sent by the issuing institution

There is no way around it. My school accepted to include a certified copy of my cert, along with the transcript...all I did was give them a copy, so I didn't have to send seperately.
Okay, thank you for the information. It's not late, i will quickly send mine through courier on Monday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dayjhihannon01:

yes am searching for the mail by the department registrar or something now but avnt seen it.. But like she's the one who categorically stated Min Of Edu and foreign affairs
Austria is different from Australia, Austria is in Europe while Australia is a continent on its own.
The certification process suggested above is for Australia.
Btw, many schools in Austria, just like Germany, are low or no tuition schools, therefore they tend to have a more stringent admission requirements.
So if it is Austria you are talking of, follow the specified procedures of your school.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Dayjhihannon01(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
UBKtech:

Austria is different from Australia, Austria is in Europe while Australia is a continent on its own.
The certification process suggested above is for Australia.
Btw, many schools in Austria, just like Germany, are low or no tuition schools, therefore they tend to have a more stringent admission requirements.
So if it is Austria you are talking of, follow the specified procedures of your school.

OMG!! shocked shocked SO I HAVE BEEN ON THE WRONG THREAD SINCR MORNING.. THANKS FOR THE EYE OPENER
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
hmmmmmm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dayjhihannon01:

OMG!! shocked shocked SO I HAVE BEEN ON THE WRONG THREAD SINCR MORNING.. THANKS FOR THE EYE OPENER

Nawah for you! Carelessness per excellence!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
s3nn2x:

Thanks for the certification aspect.

With regards to the MSc stuff, I am more concerned about the nomenclature 'Master of', I have not seen any 'Msc' in any of the schools I have searched.

I intend to apply for masters by coursework, is there any research component in it?

And NO, I am not applying through any agent, I am doing it myself. It is actually a scholarship programme funded by the Australian government....

I don't know how it works for art programmes but for most engineering programmes, u will know if u can do a PhD with your masters via coursework if at least 25% of ur program is project or thesis based. Ie if ur credit load is 160 for the two years check if the project component is 40units. If it is I guess its safe to say u can proceed to PhD if u want to. Hope this helps.

PS anyone more knowledgeable about this than me please chip in. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 09, 2014
Dayjhihannon01:

You are welcome, a lot of peeps tend to make the same mistake. I guess it is because they somewhat have similar spellings.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 1:43am On Nov 09, 2014
bossladyMo:
The lady told me it will clear in a week....though I was ofthe opinion that medicals take at least 3wks to clear...for migrant visas though.

So if he doesn't have any health problems, past and present, he might juat be in the same situation as me.

Spot on, my meds were referred when I applied (I posted it here also). I didn't even know until I contacted the embassy after my normal processing time elapsed. My professor was more worried that he contacted Pretoria on my behalf, and the guys at the embassy gave him a more specific response, imagine that!!!

I was surprised that my meds were referred despite having no meds history or hospitalisation history. I con dey fear maybe na the 'jedi' wey I drink for Shalaye shop cause am smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 4:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Post study(485) is real if u meet d conditions then there's no need to worry u will get it. My PR is not via studies o Na work experience in naija I did a 1 yr program here finished and entered what I'm doing now...what course are u considering? Follow d SOL when deciding. Good luck
cheedyH:
@smile2davo, congrats. Please after your studies were you granted post-study visa? Please I want to know how real this post study visa is for a 2years post-graduate program. Also your PR application is it via your study program or skills assessment. Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:39am On Nov 09, 2014
FutureDon:

Spot on, my meds were referred when I applied (I posted it here also). I didn't even know until I contacted the embassy after my normal processing time elapsed. My professor was more worried that he contacted Pretoria on my behalf, and the guys at the embassy gave him a more specific response, imagine that!!!

I was surprised that my meds were referred despite having no meds history or hospitalisation history. I con dey fear maybe na the 'jedi' wey I drink for Shalaye shop cause am smiley
future don how brisbane. Which uni u dey and how research dey go?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:48am On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks bosslady for d response. Yes my uni sent both cert and trans.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2014
FutureDon:

Lol!

How long did it take to clear?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2014
bossladyMo:

booslady pls can u help confirm dis SOL list is for 189 n 190 while CSOL list can only get u 489 2.can I apply n jus include my wife n kid but will no go with dem if after I have gotten my PR I can now come for dem or is it not possible Cos d skills dat I want to get assessment for r in CSOL n I know I can get positive assessment for dem.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2014
Hello,

Did anyone here use NIPOST registered mail to send docs to vetassess or australia in general from his or her Uni in Nigeria?

How long did it take to deliver?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2014
bossladyMo:
Lol!

How long did it take to clear?

It took a week to clear ma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2014
surveyor1:
future don how brisbane. Which uni u dey and how research dey go?

Oga mi, we dey there dey manage o. It's UQ bro and research is going on smoothly. I go come chop semo for your side someday smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2014
aduktus:

It means your medicals did not clear automatically due to some findings in the medical results especially xray that will now require their medical officer-MOC- to look into and now clear u before your CO can issue your visa. Depending on his findings, he may clear u right away or ask for additional tests to be done by you..and sometimes the test results may require upto 6-8weeks to be gathered..after which the results will be sent to the MOC for re-evaluation and if found satisfactory, medical will be cleared and visa granted. You may have to fill health undertakings too.

Thank... seems i need to stop doing jedi, orijin, alomo so as not to have any issues... lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2014
Hi Room,

How do you track your visa aplication lodge in Nigeria, after few days of not recieving any acknowledgement email and no email from the embassy.

was thinking there would be a login details on the payment reciept from the teleperformance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brianlerry(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2014
@alukojosh,there should be your login details on the receipt printed and given to you. Try opening this link to track your application...http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/track_application-after.html. I hope I was helpful.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2014
izykvision0:
Hello,

Did anyone here use NIPOST registered mail to send docs to vetassess or australia in general from his or her Uni in Nigeria?

How long did it take to deliver?

I arrived Australia 31st December last year.I parcelled a document October last year before arriving via Nipost and it arrived around January this year. My brother Nipost was full of nerve racking incompetency. Never use it to save money use DHL or FedEx. At a point I thought the documents has been lost.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
dailydolar:
booslady pls can u help confirm dis SOL list is for 189 n 190 while CSOL list can only get u 489 2.can I apply n jus include my wife n kid but will no go with dem if after I have gotten my PR I can now come for dem or is it not possible Cos d skills dat I want to get assessment for r in CSOL n I know I can get positive assessment for dem.

189 - SOL
190/489 - CSOL

NOTE: Not all occupations on the CSOL have a state sponsoring them...So check each state list.

You all don't have to go at the same time, but they have to enter Australia before the initial entry date stated on their visas, or else they lose the PR.

If you decide not to include them in your visa application, you will have to apply for a spouse visa and child visa...and that can take a long time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
brianlerry:
@alukojosh,there should be your login details on the receipt printed and given to you. Try opening this link to track your application...http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/track_application-after.html. I hope I was helpful.

VFS no longer their partnet, its now Teleperformance and they dont have a login section on their website
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brianlerry(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
@alukojosh...Ooh teleperformance, never heard of that and thanks for the info. Maybe some1 in the house who has an idea could help put through.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
FutureDon:

Oga mi, we dey there dey manage o. It's UQ bro and research is going on smoothly. I go come chop semo for your side someday smiley
sure baba grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Otunba4eva: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
I am very glad I came in contact with this forum, honestly this site have been of a tremendous help to so many people including me.

Yes actually I have applied for an Australian visa and have been refuse twice and am still planning to apply again. The first refusal was a tourist visa which I lodge while studying in Ghana while the second was a student visa I lodge in Nigeria under AL3 precisely this year. Actually both visa was refused on SOA grounds.

Now am planning to reapply again under an Svp course. I want highly experience Nairalanders particular in this field to please enlighten me about my chances of securing my visa as I wanted to do it myself from the beginning to the end.

Waiting for your wise response.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Otunba4eva:
I am very glad I came in contact with this forum, honestly this site have been of a tremendous help to so many people including me.

Yes actually I have applied for an Australian visa and have been refuse twice and am still planning to apply again. The first refusal was a tourist visa which I lodge while studying in Ghana while the second was a student visa I lodge in Nigeria under AL3 precisely this year. Actually both visa was refused on SOA grounds.

Now am planning to reapply again under an Svp course. I want highly experience Nairalanders particular in this field to please enlighten me about my chances of securing my visa as I wanted to do it myself from the beginning to the end.

Waiting for your wise response.

Sorry for your previous refusals. You will make it this time! You want some guide from experienced Nlders? Try and go thru this thread meticulously and you will be able to acquire the do-it-yourself procedures.
Ensure you apply to schls under SVP. You may choose to give some hints here concerning your desired degree and course so that somebody can guide you thru some schls that can benefit you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
bossladyMo:

189 - SOL
190/489 - CSOL

NOTE: Not all occupations on the CSOL have a state sponsoring them...So check each state list.

You all don't have to go at the same time, but they have to enter Australia before the initial entry date stated on their visas, or else they lose the PR.

If you decide not to include them in your visa application, you will have to apply for a spouse visa and child visa...and that can take a long time.
thank you mother in law she laffs I will c how best to sort dis out. Once again tanks am greatful
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Otunba4eva: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2014
Thanks for the reply,

I hope if I now apply to school under SVPs and having been refuse a student visa under AL3 on SOA grounds, My case officer at DIBP @ the Australian high commission won't think I just want to use the SVPs thing to escape into Australia.

Need experience Niders to please do justice to my question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.