Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752819 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
piusford:
. UBKtech, \I greet you. From UNEC. Please I am taking the same route as you, so I will need your advice as am just starting with exams( ielts) on december. My e-mail is piusfords@gmail.com.
. MLS too. 011 Set. Stayed in GH.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
UBKtech:

Yes, you need 60 points. But note that the points tested aspect of the skilled migration program includes 489, 190 & 189 visa subclasses. Now with 489 subclass you have to score 50points on your own and state or territory sponsorship will give you 10, while for 190, you need to score 55 and sponsorship will add the needed 5points. So, on your own you just need 50points to throw your hat into the ring. MLS is on the occupation list of ALL states and territory.

I have also amended my earlier post to avoid it being misconstrued grin
r u saying if I choose any skill even if I don't have eperience in dat area like if I study chemistry n I choose customer care will my BSc in chemistry count for me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
UBKtech:

Here are the steps you need to access Skilled Migration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist:
I can't thank you enough, UBKtech. I appreciate this. I will like to know more about the exam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thinking subclass 189, Western Australia nomination..........
Can't wait

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
UBKtech:

Here are the steps you need to access Skilled Migration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist:
. Thanks again. UBKtech, which one worked for you 189, 190 or 489? Which one do you advice me as MLS?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mcjendol: 3:27am On Nov 05, 2014
hi everyone, pls I want to apply for a tafe e course in early childhood education, I have experience in this ,but my HND result is in banking& f.will there be issue in getting visa?thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:30am On Nov 05, 2014
alukojosh:
Thanks future don, wish I could go start tomorrow,but still have some ish. My employment letter only carries 75k which I think is d reason why I was denied u.s visiting. Do you think its advisable for me to still add proof of employment. Also can you send me the list of documents I need add to be certain about this visa dont want submission exceed this week. Thanks necessary advise from the house is welcome as I've gone too far to loose. Thanks im Advance

Since you are applying under the SVP category, it's not important to submit an employment letter. At the time I applied, I submitted the following:

Certified copies of the following: Passport, CoE, Admission & Scholarship offer letters, BSc and MSc certs, Age Declaration from NPC (as my birth cert is no where to be found), IELTS (it was a compulsory admission requirement for me).

1-page statement of purpose.

Note: I emailed my polio vaccination cert (PVC) to them after I had already applied. It's better to include it at the time of application if you've got it.

You can find more information below (page 7):
http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/PDF/New_Student_Visa_Checklist_310314.pdf
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 05, 2014
dailydolar:
r u saying if I choose any skill even if I don't have eperience in dat area like if I study chemistry n I choose customer care will my BSc in chemistry count for me

You need at least 1yr experience on the chosen occupation, that's why they called it skilled migration.

piusford:
I can't thank you enough, UBKtech. I appreciate this. I will like to know more about the exam.

You can find everything about the AIMS professional exams on their website, inducing sample Questions, Suggested reading list, venues etc
http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-professional-examination/aims-professional-examination

piusford:
. Thanks again. UBKtech, which one worked for you 189, 190 or 489? Which one do you advice me as MLS?

You are better off with either 189 or 190, at all...at all na im be 489 visa grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brelyn: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2014
@ laminaria thanks for ur response.
as an enrolled nurse can one secure a good pay job? r u in aussie or in naija? have u applied for a course, if yes which course nd which certificate did u use? d reason y i'm considering diploma is becos i cnt go directly to MSc cos of my grade but if i wnt to do my masters, is there a course live PGD in naija dat i cn do b4 i proceed to MSc?i'm 27 by d way.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2014
brelyn:
@ laminaria thanks for ur response.
as an enrolled nurse can one secure a good pay job? r u in aussie or in naija? have u applied for a course, if yes which course nd which certificate did u use? d reason y i'm considering diploma is becos i cnt go directly to MSc cos of my grade but if i wnt to do my masters, is there a course live PGD in naija dat i cn do b4 i proceed to MSc?i'm 27 by d way.
thanks
am still in naija, and for the job....I don't know how much u mean by a good pay job but averagely if u tru wit ur studies u shud be fine..av stated the docs I used just check 3-4 pages before this. go ahead wit ur application dude, don't forget that ur degree is not health related so I still don't know y u want to use minimum of 12month or so for PGD.
shalom bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bellong ; Prechear

After your health tests were submitted by the panel doctor, pls what did your status message under organise your health?

Alsi, did the Health, evidence of medical clearance, still remain as requested, or did it change to required/received?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=bossladyMo post=27745580]Bellong ; Prechear

After your health tests were submitted by the panel doctor, pls what did your status message under organise your health?

/quote]

BossLady, I used an agent and didn't import my application. I didn't get to do so much with d app proper.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
bossladyMo:
Bellong ; Prechear

Alsi, did the Health, evidence of medical clearance, still remain as requested, or did it change to required/received?

It will still be showing requested until it has been finalized, my own did not even change before I got the golden email.

Just confirm from the clinic that it has been uploaded, wait for a couple of weeks and confirm from your CO
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
UBKtech:

It will still be showing requested until it has been finalized, my own did not even change before I got the golden email.

Just confirm from the clinic that it has been uploaded, wait for a couple of weeks and confirm from your CO

Okay then. The clinic has uploaded everything. They sent an email stating it has been submitted, and all the tests say completed on emedical.

Now, the organise your health link has disappeared, and it says Health has been finalised bla bla bla
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=prechear post=27746921][/quote]

Oh okay...forgot you mentioned that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
bossladyMo:

Okay then. The clinic has uploaded everything. They sent an email stating it has been submitted, and all the tests say completed on emedical.

Now, the organise your health link has disappeared, and it says Health has been finalised bla bla bla

The bolded is what it will say once its received by DIBP. However, the documents part may not change to received.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
bellong:

The bolded is what it will say once its received by DIBP. However, the documents part may not change to received.

I just want to be sure it has not been referred...though doc mentioned everything was fine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
UBKtech:

You need at least 1yr experience on the chosen occupation, that's why they called it skilled migration.

You can find everything about the AIMS professional exams on their website, inducing sample Questions, Suggested reading list, venues etc
http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-professional-examination/aims-professional-examination.

You are better off with either 189 or 190, at all...at all na im be 489 visa grin
Greetings UBKtech. I have been to the site for prof exam aims. Centre s in zimbabwe, SA and kenya. Did you actually went to any of this country to sit for the exam? Cost? Can I prepare for the exams with our own ochie and monica chessbrough,cos non of it is mentioned there? Abeg, Greater Lion, I they follow you die!

Greetings UBKtech. I have been to the site for prof exam aims. Centre s in zimbabwe, SA and kenya. Did you actually went to any othis country to sit for the exam? Cost? Can I prepare for the exams with our own ochie and monica chessbrough,cos non of it is mentioned there? Abeg, Greater Lion, I they follow you die!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
bossladyMo:

I just want to be sure it has not been referred...though doc mentioned everything was fine.

Nah.... Not referred. You should get the golden mail before the end of this month.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
bellong:

Nah.... Not referred. You should get the golden mail before the end of this month.

I claim it! Hehehe
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
piusford:
Greetings UBKtech. I have been to the site for prof exam aims. Centre s in zimbabwe, SA and kenya. Did you actually went to any of this country to sit for the exam? Cost? Can I prepare for the exams with our own ochie and monica chessbrough,cos non of it is mentioned there? Abeg, Greater Lion, I they follow you die!

Greetings UBKtech. I have been to the site for prof exam aims. Centre s in zimbabwe, SA and kenya. Did you actually went to any othis country to sit for the exam? Cost? Can I prepare for the exams with our own ochie and monica chessbrough,cos non of it is mentioned there? Abeg, Greater Lion, I they follow you die!

No pain no gain I guess...

Kenya is visa on arrival...$50...no visa wahala.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by uist: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello House, Please i need ur help.

Please can anyone help me with University that offer Master in Computer Science or Information Technology with low tuition fee.

2. Can i get a patial scholarship in those courses?

3. Do i need IELTS ? if the school decide to waive it for me, do i need it during my visa application.

4. Can my uncle sponsor me during visa application? and how long does it take to get Aussie student visa? and what class of visa is for student going for Master Program, Can i get PR after i finish my program.

5. Whats the Job prospect for Computer Science in Aussie

6. I graduated with 2.2 in Computer science, can i be consider for Master in Computer Science or Information Technology?

Please i need answer from you guyz with experience. Thanks all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
piusford:
Greetings UBKtech. I have been to the site for prof exam aims. Centre s in zimbabwe, SA and kenya. Did you actually went to any of this country to sit for the exam? Cost? Can I prepare for the exams with our own ochie and monica chessbrough,cos non of it is mentioned there? Abeg, Greater Lion, I they follow you!
I actually did mine in Accra, but Ghana is no longer a center, I guess due to lack of patronage. I was the only candidate then, as for preparation materials, I used a combination of Dacie & Lewis- practical haematology & Hoffbrand - essential haematology and Chessbrough for haematology & blood transfusion.
Chessbrough- for microbiology
Silverton & Baker for Histopathology
Tietz & Chessbrough for Clinical Chemistry
Never really liked Oche due to presentation.

But remember a lot of the questions require practical application, especially with interpretation of pathology results, I guess you should have observed that from the sample question paper.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
FutureDon:

Since you are applying under the SVP category, it's not important to submit an employment letter. At the time I applied, I submitted the following:

Certified copies of the following: Passport, CoE, Admission & Scholarship offer letters, BSc and MSc certs, Age Declaration from NPC (as my birth cert is no where to be found), IELTS (it was a compulsory admission requirement for me).

1-page statement of purpose.

Note: I emailed my polio vaccination cert (PVC) to them after I had already applied. It's better to include it at the time of application if you've got it.

You can find more information below (page 7):
http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/PDF/New_Student_Visa_Checklist_310314.pdf

Thanks bro, Gathered all the document and willl keep the house posted. they now have new commercial patner from info gathered and service charge is 6800 nara per head. yellow card important as at the time of submission bla bla...
Have you heard anyone been denied on the svp despite paying the school deposit? just out of curiosity
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
I want to apply for skilled independent visa 189 in April 2015. I have a bachelor degree in English language and have a trade test cert as an electrician with over 5years relevant experience as a general electrician. Am sure of having 60points and i intend to apply with my wife and 2 children. Is it compulsory I and my wife write test of Englsh laguage (toefl), Kindly assist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:40am On Nov 06, 2014
Accountants in the house, Whats your opinion? CPA or ICAA or IPA? Which is advisable for skills assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 2:46am On Nov 06, 2014
I talked about this issue with Preacher some weeks ago. He went with CPA due to personal preference though I have told my fiancee who is the applicant to go with ICAA. Reason being that they'll take 4 weeks to assess both academic qualifications and skills employment. IPA and CPA take relatively longer.

bjayzeez:
Accountants in the house, Whats your opinion? CPA or ICAA or IPA? Which is advisable for skills assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2014
chookudi:
I talked about this issue with Preacher some weeks ago. He went with CPA due to personal preference though I have told my fiancee who is the applicant to go with ICAA. Reason being that they'll take 4 weeks to assess both academic qualifications and skills employment. IPA and CPA take relatively longer.

ok thanks, then I think ICAA is for chattered accountants, IPA will vertify you skills n employment seperately n CPA takes 10-15 days, and they verify both
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2014
from what I found out, they all assess academic qualification and skills but they assess the former first before the latter. Meaning if you apply to have both assessed, if you are not given a positive assessment for your academic qualifications, then they wont go ahead with your skill assessment and will refund you the payment..Did you say 10-15 days? I think you mean weeks...Have you done your IELTS? When do you intend lodging your documents for assessment?

bjayzeez:

ok thanks, then I think ICAA is for chattered accountants, IPA will vertify you skills n employment seperately n CPA takes 10-15 days, and they verify both
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2014
chookudi:
from what I found out, they all assess academic qualification and skills but they assess the former first before the latter. Meaning if you apply to have both assessed, if you are not given a positive assessment for your academic qualifications, then they wont go ahead with your skill assessment and will refund you the payment..Did you say 10-15 days? I think you mean weeks...Have you done your IELTS? When do you intend lodging your documents for assessment?

.. Oh maybe I misinterpreted what I saw on the website.... Track your Application (Allow 10-15 working days processing time). Its not for me tho, its for a friend. Shes ready to do everything asap. she also has ielts academic. Shes not chattered so she cant use ICAA. Does it take forever?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
i really do not know if ICAA is only for chartered accountants. I do not think so. As per "taking forever", that will primarily depend on how fast you can give them all necessary documents..I dont think it takes forever though

bjayzeez:
.. Oh maybe I misinterpreted what I saw on the website.... Track your Application (Allow 10-15 working days processing time). Its not for me tho, its for a friend. Shes ready to do everything asap. she also has ielts academic. Shes not chattered so she cant use ICAA. Does it take forever?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by splashit: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
Is there anyone in this room capable to sponsor me to australia, then I pay he or she back the traveling expenses with interest when I start working..we do this base on agreement..

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.