Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,525 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive (15369 Views)

5 Ways To Become More Irresistibly Attractive / World's Tallest Teen Finds Love / Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mynd_44: "if you are not married, you are not responsible" bullisht
I so hate that quote!Who go marry irresponsible person before?
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by cap28: 12:00am On Sep 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Whaaaaa. . . .Cap28??!!! shocked shocked shocked

IMPRESSED!!

cool

M.I.O 38:
Hmmmmmm.....pray & ask GOD to help you, may be take a week or two take her on a vacation just the two of you no kids take to your parents or to hers, you two go have a time out,tell what's been happening to you talk to her......trust me her responce will make you love her, you two can work it out

Look if you do not find someone attractive no amount of vacations away together will change that - its either you fancy them or you dont, as a matter of fact the more time you spend around someone you are not attracted to the more frustrated and unhappy you become this is why you must have something substantial to fall back on when the physical side of things fades away like the person's personality, since the majority of nigerian men only look at what the woman can do for them and not whether they are actually compatible with the woman in question when they get tired of the door mat they have kept in the house they now realise that they have made a big mistake. by then its too late to back out as divorce in nigeria is frowned upon. In the western world couples live together for a while , get to know each other and determine if they are compatible - also relationships here are more equal - a man looks for someone he is attracted to but also someone who he shares similar outlooks on life and interests - marriage is not about having a door mat in the house who will cook and clean up after you but who irritates the hell out of you on all other levels.

2 Likes

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by bonysmile: 12:06am On Sep 10, 2012
mekaboy: [b] EVEN THOUGH THIS SOUNDS LIKE A MOVIE SCRIPT U POSTED HERE BUT FOR REAL THIS WHAT.MOST MARRIED MEN FACE TODAY.

NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, I WOULD ADVICE UR FRIEND NOT TO CHEAT ON.HER INSTEAD TALK THINGS OVER WITH HER AND MARRY A SECOND WIFE IF HE CAN AFFORD IT.

I WAS SITTING SOMEWHERE YESTERDAY WHEN A MAN WITH HIS WIFE AND THREE KIDS CAME IN. I NOTICED THAT THE MAN AND WOMEN GAVE ALL THE ATTENTION TO THEIR KIDS AND NOT THEMSELVES. I JST KNEW ITS THE KIDA THAT ARE KEEPING THEM TOGETHER.

THEN I ASKED MYSELF. IF I GET MARRIED AND IT GETS.TO THIS LEVEL, WILL I JUST REMAIN FAITHFUL AND BE IN BONDAGE OR DO I DO SOMETHING NEW LIKE TAKE A NEW WIFE AND REVIVE MY SEX AND LOVE LIFE?

I HAVE HEARD ALL THAT.CRAP ABOUT REKINDLE YOUR LOVE. I MEAN IF I HAVE ONE SHOE THAT I WEAR ALWAYS AND I POLISH IT AND IT SHINING . DOES THAT MAKE IT NEW? IN MY MIND ITS THE SAME SHOE.

THE ONLY WAY I CAN REKINDLE MY LOVE FOR THAT SHOE IS IF.I BUY.ANOTHER ONE AND STOP WEARING THE.OLD ONE FOR A WHILE, WHEN NEXT I WEAR THE OLD ONE IT WILL FEEL NEW[/b]
2nd wife

1 Like

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by soki2ng(m): 1:26am On Sep 10, 2012
this is sad, just sad - as an unmarried man, i don't have any good advice for him than to look unto God for the answers.
but i think they both need some time off.. i mean away from the norms - travel together or something
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 10, 2012
You see stuff like this, and you wonder what make those older people you see at the mall walking hand in hand stayed together all those years. Eventhough their skin have wrinkled, and all the physical beauty have faded away, you still see them 65, 70, 75 etc yr old couples walking hand in hand and so in love.

Oh Lord please I pray you bless me with such luv or even better.

@Poster, you friend could probably leave this marriage, but they already have two kids. Like someone said, marriage is not just for everyone, I don't know why most people feel pressured to do it? Chances are, his next marriage (if he was to leave this one) is more likely to follow this pattern.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by kpolli(m): 2:24am On Sep 10, 2012
See what happens when u marry who ur parents chose for u. . .
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by ChrisGnarly: 3:40am On Sep 10, 2012
To tell u d truth, if u can be frank, u ar playing away match, till u stop cheating on her things will nt get beta, she loves u, she is beautifull, what next do u want from her, stop cheating on her. Call ur house together and pray God will fgive u, u will c a change. That fun, drinks u do go out to hv minimixe it, infact stop it entirly, maybe devil is trying to hook u up n destry ur family. Remember 3yrs in marriage wt 2 kids. Think of it, and remain bless
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by ChrisGnarly: 3:50am On Sep 10, 2012
Do nt listen to any advice telling u to mary a second wife, if u do u still experience d same. Make ur house a 'home' nt a house respect ur wife as she do to u, condition ur mind to do it pray to ur God f a change. If u eventually marry another wife, u may lv her n she will neveer do, she will do u bk what u ar doing to this present one. U ar cheating on her stop it today u ill c a change. Some men ar lloking f d type of ur wife they cant c it mind what company u keep, so as nt to regret ok. God will help u.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 10, 2012
Grow up! Marriage is not a bed of roses. Why dont you look for ways to spice things up? Its for better or worse. Wishing she was someone else is just plain stupid! You knew this one was for the long haul, so chin up and face it!
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by cfours: 4:27am On Sep 10, 2012
you shouldn't have married because you definitely weren't ready for marriage. I wonder why u didn't mention "love" in your post and only talked about "attraction" or lust. why did you think that your wife's "good looks" will help sustain the marriage. how can u marry a woman for the way she looks and expect things to be perfect. even if u don't get bored over time, her looks will fade over time.
you definitely weren't ready for marriage. I have no advice. u laid ur bed, now lie on it.

also, sleeping with many women before marriage will guarantee that marriage will be too boring for you. after being so used to numerous affairs, it's hard to stick with one woman. I believe that men who were serious and less promiscuous in their youth make better, more responsible husbands.

1 Like

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 10, 2012
Y are we all criticising the guy? Is it becos he was bold ebough to say the truth? For our own notice, this same thing is going on in 99% of marriages in Nigeria of today. That is why we have a lot of married men running after single girls- most have lost passion for their wife, I know some of them too. And seriously this makes marriage so scary. You know men are born to be adventurers, it only take extreme discipline and self-control for a man to stick only to his wife. Some people calling the ops friend names, pls watch your words cos u never can tell if u will be in this situation tomorrow when u settle down. Kindly give him advice to assist him if u can. But of the truth, most married couples in nigeria today are not friends, they are just married partners. This situation is even rampant when a man marries a pretty wife, just watch out all men that cheat on their wives, their wives are always very pretty, u know why? Because they just married them cos of their physical beauty which they usually get tired of once they have them once, twice, etc. Advice to the op n his friend: try and endure, sighs, try and establish friendship with her,try going on a vacation, try staying away from other women, try hard and like her again just for the fact that she cares, with time u will develop likeness again. For the single folks like us, pls do not just marry cos of physical appearance cos u will get tired of it. Marry your friend, marry a lady that has something else to offer aside sex and taking care of household chores. Marry someone who shares similar hobby, passion with u so u too can always pally together when physical attraction fades away cos it will definitely fade away no matter how pretty she is. Until people start marrying their friends in Nigeria, until Nigerians realize that marriage isn't meant for all, until nigerians stop marrying to to get away from poverty, family pressure, peer-pressure, until Nigerians stop marrying social status and financial status and what have u, more marriages will encounter this same challenges.

8 Likes

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by profola2be(m): 5:15am On Sep 10, 2012
One day my papa call me, my brother and my mother together and tell us say if we dream say them wan give us something for dream make we no collect, say na enemies wan give us bad things. He say if we dream that kind dream make we tell am and he go buy that thing wey them wan give us for dream for us. Two days later my brother sleep for night dey mention RICE! RICE!! RICE!!!, ma papa wake am say w...etin dey happen, he say them wan give am rice for dream. My papa give am #500 say make he take eat rice. When i see say the thing dey work... The next day i start to dey shout MR BIGGS!!! for night. Ma papa say wetin, i say them wan gimme Mr Biggs for dream. My papa gimme #1000 make i take eat Mr Biggs. Na so i do wey i take buy my phone. But the one wey i do wey i take spoil everything na for one night wen i dey shout RANGE ROVER!!!, ma papa wake up say wetin... I say them wan gimme RANGE ROVER for dream. My papa say "sleep make you collect am!!..Ewu ewu T hief.

OP,your friend na thief.
him don chop wetin dey inside Egg finish,he wan come throw away the back.
give am another woman,na so him go still do.na HABBIT.

6 Likes

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by UmarSanda: 5:25am On Sep 10, 2012
cool
vislabraye: The guy may have had unrealistic high expectation from his wife only to realize that there's nothing entirely new.
Truth is a man/woman can loose that initial spark or what people call butterfly in your stomach after a period of time. There's nothing wrong about it. He just have to be committed to her. Marriage is about commitment.
Even if the wife is miss world you'll be surprised that you'll get less thrilled after some time.
diminishing return bound to set in2 everything u do contineously, so deal wit it as a Man n love ur wife 4 beta 4 worse. cool
vislabraye: The guy may have had unrealistic high expectation from his wife only to realize that there's nothing entirely new.
Truth is a man/woman can loose that initial spark or what people call butterfly in your stomach after a period of time. There's nothing wrong about it. He just have to be committed to her. Marriage is about commitment.
Even if the wife is miss world you'll be surprised that you'll get less thrilled after some time.
diminishing return bound to set in2 everything u do contineously, so deal wit it as a Man n love ur wife 4 beta 4 worse.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by DExplorer1: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2012
bonysmile: What could possibly be responsible for someone no longer finding his/her spouse or partner attractive?

Recently a colleague couldn't hold it back any longer as he let out his mind. We were at the bar this past friday after work; just the both of us when he started pouring out his heart. Well neither of us was drunk because we had just arrived and ordered our first bottles.

No sooner had the drinks arrived than he said to me: "man I hardly look forward to going home after each day's work." At first I thought it was about a normal boys thing to want to hang out sometimes after work, but he went on.

He said he doesn't find his wife attractive and infact she has to beg him for sex before he has it with her. They've been married for less than 3 years with 2 lovely kids. According to him, his wife truly loves him and shows it but he can't give back to her in the same measure. He provides for his home like every responsible man should, but he'll rather find sexual pleasure and satisfaction outside. He has tried to love her back the way she loves him but something keeps putting him off. As far as he is concerned, it's the kids that keep him coming home everyday and they are the very reason he is still sharing same roof with her. They have sex (not love-making) once in a long while and she's usually the one to initiate it. He gives in according to him, just to please her. And even while doing it he wishes it was another woman. Mind you his wife is exceptionally beautiful; she is a paragon of beauty.

Nairalanders please let's leave out all abusive comments, what's your advice to this man.
Dude, tell your friend to shut up. He's the boring person in that relationship. What happens to a visit to "Night of a thousand laugh" or even "Stand up Nigeria" with the kids? What happens to a dinner in a serene atmosphere with the kids outside the home? What happens to those romantic things they both did before marriage? Is marriage a cell? Tell him to shut the hell up and make his wife look 16 again. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Mynd44: 6:00am On Sep 10, 2012
For a solution, I will advice them to visit a marriage/sex counsellor or a shrink
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by DeAdvocate: 6:22am On Sep 10, 2012
Since d guy said he does nt love his wife anymore or feel attracted to her again, Can d guy allow anoda guy to just romance his wife? Won't he be sad at such act? Becos so many men are yearning to just speak wit dat his wife even wit her 2kids.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by buchibabe: 6:23am On Sep 10, 2012
bonysmile: What could possibly be responsible for someone no longer finding his/her spouse or partner attractive?

Recently a colleague couldn't hold it back any longer as he let out his mind. We were at the bar this past friday after work; just the both of us when he started pouring out his heart. Well neither of us was drunk because we had just arrived and ordered our first bottles.

No sooner had the drinks arrived than he said to me: "man I hardly look forward to going home after each day's work." At first I thought it was about a normal boys thing to want to hang out sometimes after work, but he went on.

He said he doesn't find his wife attractive and infact she has to beg him for sex before he has it with her. They've been married for less than 3 years with 2 lovely kids. According to him, his wife truly loves him and shows it but he can't give back to her in the same measure. He provides for his home like every responsible man should, but he'll rather find sexual pleasure and satisfaction outside. He has tried to love her back the way she loves him but something keeps putting him off. As far as he is concerned, it's the kids that keep him coming home everyday and they are the very reason he is still sharing same roof with her. They have sex (not love-making) once in a long while and she's usually the one to initiate it. He gives in according to him, just to please her. And even while doing it he wishes it was another woman. Mind you his wife is exceptionally beautiful; she is a paragon of beauty.

Nairalanders please let's leave out all abusive comments, what's your advice to this man.

Before I mkeany conclusion,I think I should also look at it from d wife's point of view.
1.How long has she been like dis,I mean when did she start irritating her hubby?
2.What's her mode of dressing now?does she now feel relaxed because she's married n doesn't need to plese anyone wit d way she dresses. Is she d wrapper- tying type at home who finally put away her skinmpy dresses dat she used in seducing her hubby in d early days of dia courtship or marriage?
3.Is she a neat wife?,keeping herself and d house in order bfor her hubby returns
4.Is she still respectful?doesn't shun d man when he's talking,make decisions on her own bfor communicatin to d mAn instead of puttin heads togeda to take d decision?
5.Has d sex life improved? Or its still d same old missionary style dey r used to.
Well,I think there must be somthing missing somewhere. Its nt enuf to be beautiful. There are so many beautiful women out there. And its a well known fact dat men are moved by what dey see. It could be dat same beauty he saw in u at first dat made him marry u witout considering any opda important issue and now d scales are gradually falling off his eyes.
But honestly speaking,if d woman is good with all d virtuos qualities,and she's trying her best to save her marriage and perhaps hasn't changed from d beautiful,loving,caring,good in bed(yes,cos its little tins like dis dat makes guys look out) then she's good enuf and deserves to be happy.
So guy,try and put both legs indoors. Its not any better out there. D devil u know is berra dan d angel u don't. Happy married life
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2012
Danka7777:

What has prayers got to do with this? Some Nigerians minds are messed up big time. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PRAYER CAN DO IN THIS CASE. LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS.
i tnk u ar limiting d powa of prayers, i av seen worst scenarious that ended after deliverance
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Mynd44: 6:38am On Sep 10, 2012
agabasam: i tnk u ar limiting d powa of prayers, i av seen worst scenarious that ended after deliverance
SMH
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by salt1: 6:39am On Sep 10, 2012
The poster who recommended polygamy is the greatest of the jokers. Imagine comparing a living, breathing, thinking human being to a pair of shoes!
In his equation, the fate of two lovely children who have hitherto been enjoying uncompromised love from Dad doesn't matter. What matters more is the intensity of sexual feelings the man can get from love peddlers.
The man's major problem is that he is cheating. That is the only reason he can dare compare a loving wife with the antics of girls who are not responsible to anybody. You recall the video in which some girls say you need at least 3 boyfriends? Now we know the married man who are tagged as "Expenses" on the girls' phonebook.
Man, tell ur friend to wake up. He is dissipating energy and destroying his health and family chasing flimsy sex objects. Once he concentrates on his wife and children, he will feel the love and regard come back. Divorce? Not an option. The second marriage will be shorter than the first
LOVE IS A LIVING THING> IT CAN BE ALLOWED TO GROW OR ALLOWED TO DIE. The choice is his
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 10, 2012
Seriously, we are just repeating each other over and over again....it can be boring o.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by hassymo5(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2012
if the foundation is bad,, then dis marriage wont work,,, dats wat happen when you force yourself to marry when u are not ready,,,,like me almost all ma friends are married, cos of that my mum want me to marry by all mean,, she keep distobin me, bt im nt ready,, while she is distobin me one of ma friend is complaining abt his wife, he said he is tire of the marraige, dis marraige is not up to 1yr, im d one camin him down bt pple keeps pointing hands at me dat wat im i waiting for, dey dont know wat my friends are facing, so marraige is God plan do it when u are ready nt when pple are distobin you as for your friend if dat marriage is from a faulty baground then im sorry only God will deliver him if not he will hate his wife and continue to cheat on her, even the sex will stop with time, my God see your friend thru amen
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Digriz(m): 6:54am On Sep 10, 2012
What then does this guy want? May be he prefers the company of the bachelors and feels like going back to the hood.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by deczy(f): 6:56am On Sep 10, 2012
prolly dey didnt court 4long b4 dey got married..if dey ad bin in a relatnshp 4 @least a , year mayb dis wouldn't b happenin.. m not sure he was in love when he got married. He was jus physically attracted to her.. N dat physical attraction as jus fade.. Buh e cud stil work on d love aspect.true love takes time to grow anyway. He should discuss it with his wife in a way dat she won't be offended. So dey cud work on it..
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2012
Omo Alata:

They both need prayers. Seriously.
agree, will pray for his family, lets agree for favour amen. Also maybe its midlife crisis of sorts tho i you did mention his age
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Kobojunkie: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2012
omodapson: [size=13pt]This scenario is what most couples face in marriage but because of our cultural background, we force ourselves to live through it. Endurance is key in any union. We have to see our partners as more than sex objects, see them as companions, the best friend that you can't live without. If you can keep childhood friends forever, then ur wife shouldn't be an exception.
[/size]
Sadly, many of us marry for the wrong reasons and when the reasons are outlived, we tend to find marriage uninteresting, depression sets in and before we know what is going on, we find comfort elsewhere.

To those being forced into marriage, please search your mind and be truthful to yourself.

great submission!!

1 Like

Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by FlexTrex: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2012
[i]There is nothing wrong with this guy. The friend affirms that the wife is beautiful, so physically, she must still be attractive. There are so many things that turn a man off other that physical looks. Maybe her mouth spews a lot of trash as most women are wont to do. No offence ladies, but it is just a turn off. It makes even the most gorgeous of women seem repulsive to their mates. Nagging, a holier than thou attitude and the lot is just a major turn off. She should check that. I'm not saying that that is the case, just a possibility.[/i]
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by noholdsbarred(m): 7:45am On Sep 10, 2012
duality: unfortunately people only tend to explain the situation rather than proffer solution.

well, i think the man should take a break. may be travel out "without getting involved in another relationship"(this is most important)

then come back. he'll probably be refreshed by then. my reason is because they say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

just my humble suggestion

I absolutely agree.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Doctorflaky(f): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2012
Call ur wife and tell her the situation of things, be open to her. Let her know u're telling her cos u want a solution 2d issue.Because both of you need to work it out 2gether.

Both of u needs to go for counselling, there must be a trace 2d problem. It could be that the wife is constantly doing somthing that is putting him off. Let them go for counselling.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by soledadd: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2012
The man did not marry d girl from pure love. Something forced him to marry her. Worse still he is not comitted to his marriage, too bad. He has to make the choice of loving d woman unless he is determined to engage in extramarital affair. He should Be determined and work for the success of his marriage. Afterall many hapi couples today never loved themselves as such initally but now accepted each orther and are now hapi. He sure cant get any satisfaction outside, he will only keep jumping from one woman to another till he ruins his future and reputation. He should Try to be wise, that road he wants to tread on will only land him in destruction.
Re: No Longer Finds Spouse Attractive by Chigorkizz(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2012
Dis is why we shud limit ourselves 2 sum certain tins.dis tin we call 'runs' will definitely hav effect wen we get married.B4 marriage sum of us had numerous girl frends wen we're stil single and dis may bcome part of us dat we cnt do witout it.2 make it short..once a player is always a player and cn still b a player .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Sure-fire Ways To Sexually Satisfy Any Woman And Make Her Come Back For More / How To Grow Your African Virgin Hair Faster / Man With The World’s Longest joystick Weighs It To Prove It’s Real(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.