Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877589 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tashamania:

Thanks

Maybe the surgery part was abit too fast but I was taught that mastitis develops into breast abcess (pus) that may need to be drained by surgical means, huh?

Mastitis is an inflammation of the bre*st, or the bre*st tissue. Most mastitis cases are not accompanied by abscess. In her case, the pain is likely an inflammation due to staph, or the pain could be associated with hyperprolactinaemia. It doesn't call for surgery.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
Marc9:

Mastitis is an inflammation of the bre*st, or the bre*st tissue. Most mastitis cases are not accompanied by abscess. In her case, the pain is likely an inflammation due to staph, or the pain could be associated with hyperprolactinaemia. It doesn't call for surgery.

So you are saying, mastitis can never develop into breast abscess?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tashamania:

Swtie, read my previous post again. Or maybe we should have lunch so I can put you through. How about that? smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 5:45am On Dec 20, 2014
Marc9:

Hmm!
Medicine is very vast. If u dont agree wt anoda dr's recommendation, u just gv urs. d 'hmm' is rather smhw. Afterall, none of us hv seen nor examined d patient. There hv bn times wen i ve felt ur recommendations too hv bn high falloting bt it qont mk me 'hmm' u cos u may b right. So Tashamania may nt b wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 20, 2014
tchiwinnie:
Medicine is very vast. If u dont agree wt anoda dr's recommendation, u just gv urs. d 'hmm' is rather smhw. Afterall, none of us hv seen nor examined d patient. There hv bn times wen i ve felt ur recommendations too hv bn high falloting bt it qoesnt mk me 'hmm' u cos u may b right. So Tashamania may nt b wrong.

Hmm!

You "felt my recommendations were falloting atimes"? Hmm!

Twinnie, my recommendations always go with the word "likely". That word simply shows I'm not 100% certain on my suspicions, diagnoses, or conclusions, since I'm dealing with online complaints, and can't get to examine or run tests on the complainants. Rather, it indicates my suspicion, diagnosis, or conclusion has a good chance of being the case!

So always try to read and understand the technicality in my recommendation.

About the 'hmm' of a thing, well it's my way of getting the lady's attention. I never used the 'hmm' to allude she was wrong.

If no be say you don marry, I for don take you out for lunch tey tey, make we sitdon pull stuff. But ya hubby fit break my head o! Lol
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2014
Marc9:

Hmm!

You "felt my recommendations were falloting atimes"? Hmm!

Twinnie, my recommendations always go with the word "likely". That word simply shows I'm not 100% certain on my suspicions, diagnoses, or conclusions, since I'm dealing with online complaints, and can't get to examine or run tests on the complainants. Rather, it indicates my suspicion, diagnosis, or conclusion has a good chance of being the case!

So always try to read and understand the technicality in my recommendation.

About the 'hmm' of a thing, well it's my way of getting the lady's attention. I never used the 'hmm' to allude she was wrong.

If no be say you don marry, I for don take you out for lunch tey tey, make we sitdon pull stuff. But ya hubby fit break my head o! Lol
Of course u never say never in medicine, so we ll always say 'likely'. Bt dats nt my point nw. My point s dat d 'hmm' came out smhw. It didnt come out nicely.Lets render d help we re here to render whyl still respecting one another. Happy holidays
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2014
tchiwinnie:
Of course u never say never in medicine, so we ll always say 'likely'. Bt dats nt my point nw. My point s dat d 'hmm' came out smhw. It didnt come out nicely.Lets render d help we re here to render whyl still respecting one another. Happy holidays

The 'hmm' came out somehow? It didn't come out nicely you say? Smile..

Your mind perceived it somehow then!

You know what? Why not invite me over for rice and chicken on christmas day, I'll 'hmm' nicely in the real sense?!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DrLazDevitan: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2014
Tashamania:

It is just the opposite.Everything about mastitis is a show of inflammatory responds to an underlining condition.It is just like saying PAINS and CUTIS ERYTHEMATOUS can result to a swollen br.east.No,they can't!

GALACTOCELE or br.east ductal abscess can lead to puerperal mastitis in that when the duct are blocked by pus by the infectious organism,they encourage inflammation.This inflammation is what you and I come to name as Mastitis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2014
triangullar:
Hello doctors in the house. I ran HVS and d result shows scanty growth of staph aureus. Sensitive 2 CIPROFLOXACIN++ and GENTAMYCIN++ pls I will like to know the dosage and will my husband use d same dose? Thanks

Buy drug in its pack and follow posological prescription for your age interval or rather meet a good pharmacist or a doctor or a nurse to educate you on each drug and their prescription.If you don't mind,you are advice to make a trial with CIPROFLOXACIN.

Your husband can follow same treatment for the sake of economy if not,he should go his.

Pls discus indication and contra-indication to the use of this drug with the dispenser.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 20, 2014
enaeni:
D scan report states as follows
D liver s nt enlarged,it has a normal echogenicity.no intrahepatic mass lesion or duct dilatatn is seen.d gall bladers within normal limit,no stone seen.d spleen,pancreas n para aortic area are all Within normal limit.
Tenderness 2 probe s noted over d umbilicus?myositis
No intra abdominal mass lesion or fluid collection s seen. Both kidneys r normal in their. Locatns,outlines,sizes n echogenicity.
They shownormal central sinus echoes.
Impression : Myositis of umbilicus.

Do you observe reddening of the skin around the navel or anywhere else?

Do you have pains as well on your shoulder and hip?

Treatment for MYOSITIS or POLYMYOSITIS are not quite definite.However,some inflammaotry condition from infective cases can be handled properly.

Just whatapps me on 08137761308
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by helen4(f): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2014
Ha!!! Someone should please read my previous post and reply now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Zedge(m): 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
Gudpm all,my wife s currentli 7weeks pregnant and she experiencd a slight bleedin yesteday(pink ,red now brown) after strainin real hard to poo,we v bin to d doctor and he said she shud b on bed rest and tk lots of fluid(liquid paraffin) n no scan till next two weeks
Pls i'd lyk to kno if its normal cus she has bin veri down n scared
Dis s our 2nd preg,she had a miscarriage in may at 11weeks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temmy2103(f): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Good day docs in the house,
Pls I've had dis terrible cough all week, how can I relief myself of the pain and discomfort. I'm 29weeks pregnant
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AllWoman: 12:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Juwonesho:
Good day evry1 o and thank you to our docs for d selfless, great job u'r doing on here. May God continue to bless all that u do. Pls I urgently need ur help o, where can I get INSTEAD softcup(menstrual cup) in Abuja and if u have an idea of the price? I'd rily appreciate d info;its really urgent. Thanks vry much in advance.

Instead Soft Cups are not available in Nigeria. You may need to ask someone in the USA to get it for you. Alternatively, you can buy a small sized Luv Ur Body Menstrual Cup on JUMIA.COM OR KONGA.COM OR from www.luvur-body.com/onlinestore or go to H-MEDICS SUPERMARKET on Ademola Adetokunbo Street Wuse 2 Abuja next to AMIGO Supermarket to buy the Luv Ur Body menstrual cups in Abuja. It will serve the same purpose to "pool seminal fluid" inside for longer.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2014
Gud monin Dr, I've been diagnosed of uterine fibroids though my gynae said it won't stop me from having kids. He prescribed clomid for me which I took for two months but it didn't work, pls wat else can I do to get pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
Gud monin Dr, I've been diagnosed of uterine fibroids though my gynae said it won't stop me from having kids. He prescribed clomid for me which I took for two months but it didn't work, pls wat else can I do to get pregnant?

Depending the location and the size of the fibroids, it may or may not affect your chances of conceiving. So I'll believe the gynae made his recommendation in line with the scan report( you gave him the report right?)

Well, other factors that could affect conception must be ascertained as well. Your hormone balance is very important in TTC.

I'd advise you go back to the gynae. I'm sure he'll indicate you run hormonal profiling.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Depending the location and the size of the fibroids, it may or may not affect your chances of conceiving. So I'll believe the gynae made his recommendation in line with the scan report( you gave him the report right?)

Well, other factors that could affect conception must be ascertained as well. Your hormone balance is very important in TTC.

I'd advise you go back to the gynae. I'm sure he'll indicate you run hormonal profiling.
yes I gave him the scan report and based on dat he gave his advice. I have ran an hormonal profiling and have taken medications to balance it. Wat else can I do pls? Tnx for being there
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
yes I gave him the scan report and based on dat he gave his advice. I have ran an hormonal profiling and have taken medications to balance it. Wat else can I do pls? Tnx for being there

Men are equally involved in TTC just as women are. It's a 50-50 share. Has your husband been checked ok? Has he run a seminal analysis to show he has no fertility problem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Men are equally involved in TTC just as women are. It's a 50-50 share. Has your husband been checked ok? Has he run a seminal analysis to show he has no fertility problem?
no he hasn't ran a seminal analysis, we only ran test for infections which showed dat we had no infections. Pls how is d Seminal analysis done?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
no he hasn't ran a seminal analysis, we only ran test for infections which showed dat we had no infections. Pls how is d Seminal analysis done?

Seminal analysis deals with ascertaining the number of sperm cells in his ejaculatiion, the quality of his se.men, and the sperm morphology.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Seminal analysis deals with ascertaining the number of sperm cells in his ejaculatiion, the quality of his se.men, and the sperm morphology.
thank so much for ur time and advice, God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Doctor in the house, my problem I dont take much water, and the very day I take water I will be urinating almost every 45mins or less,and no matter how small I drunk it. If I can spend the day taking other watery juices I can't urinate compared to taking water. Kindly advise me. And let me tell you I can spent a week without drinking water, I rarely feel thirsty in my life even if I run, only when I'm expose to extreme hot. Please what shall I do? Am i well?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
Doctor in the house, my problem is I dont take much water, and the very day I take water I will be urinating almost every 45mins or less,and no matter how small I drunk it. If I can spend the day taking other watery juices I can't urinate compared to taking water. Kindly advise me. And let me tell you I can spent a week without drinking water, I rarely feel thirsty in my life even if I run, only when I'm expose to extreme hot. Please what shall I do? Am i well?

Medically, it's nt possible for you to go a week without liquid. The week you spent without water, you surely must have taken liquid(fruit juice or soft drinks) which contains 80% of water.

What I can diagnose from your complaint is hyponatremia(low sodium ion in the blood), or high ADH secretion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Medically, it's nt possible for you to go a week without liquid. The week you spent without water, you surely must have taken liquid(fruit juice or soft drinks) which contains 80% of water.

What I can diagnose from your complaint is hyponatremia(low sodium ion in the blood), or high ADH secretion.
Yeah, I don't stay a week without liquid, what I'm saying it can take me a week without taking clean water, of course yes. I do drinks water in other form. What's disturbing is the amount of urination that occurs if I take a pure/ or clean water.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:

Yeah, I don't stay a week without liquid, what I'm saying it can take me a week without taking clean water, of course yes. I do drinks water in other form. What's disturbing is the amount of urination that occurs if I take a pure/ or clean water.

Here's what happens.... Pure water doesn't contain strong electrolytes, and when you drink water, your ADH secretion is likely low and doesn't lead to water absorption/retention thus, you seem to pass out water through micturition.

Unlike water, fruit juice or any other form of liquid contains strong electrolytes which aids the absorption of water thus, less amount of water is loss through micturition.

Like I said earlier, either you have hyponatremia or low ADH secretion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2014
mumjk:

Please allow me to correct an impression here.Firstly,it is only ideal that the hormones in our system can be balanced.Our hormones are constantly changing although within a range of no fatality.Inadditon to this,it will also be an ideal or an overt illusion that a particular drug or medication balanced the hormones in whole.However,medication can be taken to reverse a pathological implicative condition of a high or low hormone in the serum or plasma.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2014
mumjk:

Was an hormonal profiling done for which anovulation is implicated?
Since you have the uterine fibroid,i find the use of clomiphene citrate non-essential.This is because,there has been a chance that clomid can cause an increase in mass of the uterine myomas.Though,it has been helpful in taming or reversing some degrees of anovulation,some cares as to ensure that the fibroid go no further up should be necessitated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
LuckyG1:

Please allow me to correct an impression here.Firstly,it is only ideal that the hormones in our system can be balanced.Our hormones are constantly changing although within a range of no fatality.Inadditon to this,it will also be an ideal or an overt illusion that a particular drug or medication balanced the hormones in whole.However,medication can be taken to reverse a pathological implicative condition of a high or low hormone in the serum or plasma.

pls wat do u advice that I do? Should I repeat the hormonal profiling?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
LuckyG1:

Was an hormonal profiling done for which anovulation is implicated?
Since you have the uterine fibroid,i find the use of clomiphene citrate non-essential.This is because,there has been a chance that clomid can cause an increase in mass of the uterine myomas.Though,it has been helpful in taming or reversing some degrees of anovulation,some cares as to ensure that the fibroid go no further up should be necessitated.
An hormonal profiling was done and I'm still ovulating.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
mumjk:
An hormonal profiling was done and I'm still ovulating.

You may do another hormone profiling to give affirmation to the one done before and,if you don't mind a TFT may be inclusive.TTC is not only the females warriness,the male is also much to be involve.Just as Marc once advised-your husband should do a seminal routine and/or a hormone profiling for all his androgenic hormones.You write up the result for us to analyse ourselves.For the now,be relax enjoy the newyear blessings and believe you have already have your pregnancy!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunnygal: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
I need advice, i had a test conducted today, malaria typhoid nd pregnancy,at a lab, i need a doctor in d house to pls explain it to me,i can snap d paper if someone is willing

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.