Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879706 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
sunnygal:
I need advice, i had a test conducted today, malaria typhoid nd pregnancy,at a lab, i need a doctor in d house to pls explain it to me,i can snap d paper if someone is willing

Okay,we are here!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunnygal: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
here it is

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 30, 2014
Sunnygal.....''O'' and ''H'' are different agglutinins for the S. typhi.If total H is more or equal to 1:160,it means you may have an active typhoidal infection...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunnygal: 7:01am On Dec 30, 2014
Good morning nd thanks for that, this is supposed to be a pregnancy nd typhoid,is d blood=positive means am pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2014
sunnygal:
Good morning nd thanks for that, this is supposed to be a pregnancy nd typhoid,is d blood=positive means am pregnant?

I can't make out what's written on that report. The image is not clear enough. But since the test was PT and widal, and an inference was made on blood being positive, then it means you're pregnant!

Congrat!

You may need to zoom the image and snap afresh. Upload the image so I can interpret your widal report.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
LuckyG1:

You may do another hormone profiling to give affirmation to the one done before and,if you don't mind a TFT may be inclusive.TTC is not only the females warriness,the male is also much to be involve.Just as Marc once advised-your husband should do a seminal routine and/or a hormone profiling for all his androgenic hormones.You write up the result for us to analyse ourselves.For the now,be relax enjoy the newyear blessings and believe you have already have your pregnancy!
I will jus as u have adviced, I am really grateful for all u've done. God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
mumjk:
I will jus as u have adviced, I am really grateful for all u've done. God bless u
thanks so much lucky I really appreciate but pls could u tell me wat is a TFT
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olusisi: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Pls.I need help.had a miscarriage 2years ago and I'nve done series of tests,hormonal tests,transvaginal ultrasound,hysterosalpingography(tubes are fine).previously my LH:FSH was 1:5,while progesterone was 2.75,was placed on dostinex after which I used clomid,now prog is 49.1,do I take more dostinex or go for prog supplement?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiamo(m): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
A lady who is close to me is having a serious pain on her left bosom. She started experiencing this pains after the birth of her second child, occurring a week before her menstrual circle and to stop immediately the flow starts.
Now that she is pregnant again, she is experiencing the pain and is more severe than before.

Please: 1. What does this pain signify?
2. What can be done about it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
olusisi:
Pls.I need help.had a miscarriage 2years ago and I'nve done series of tests,hormonal tests,transvaginal ultrasound,hysterosalpingography(tubes are fine).previously my LH:FSH was 1:5,while progesterone was 2.75,was placed on dostinex after which I used clomid,now prog is 49.1,do I take more dostinex or go for prog supplement?

Your progesterone level is close to being optimal(at >50pg/ml). You can continue with the dostinex to raise it further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by zangality(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hello docs, my wife had ectopic pregnancy around february this year and lost one of her tubes. Ever since we av been trying so hard to concieve and she is so worried.
N.B Her cycle has changed recently frm 40 to abt 31.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiamo:
A lady who is close to me is having a serious pain on her left bosom. She started experiencing this pains after the birth of her second child, occurring a week before her menstrual cycle and to stop immediately the flow starts.
Now that she is pregnant again, she is experiencing the pain and is more severe than before.

Please: 1. What does this pain signify?
2. What can be done about it?

1. The pain is associated with hyperprolactinaemia (extremely high prolactin in the blood).

2. Since she's pregnant, I'll advise she sees a gynae.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
zangality:
Hello docs, my wife had ectopic pregnancy around february this year and lost one of her tubes. Ever since we av been trying so hard to concieve and she is so worried.

Natural conception might be difficult with just one tube. She might require Assisted conception method in order to take in.

Did her cycle change from 40days to 31days? Or you meant 31days to 40days. Clarify please!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by zangality(m): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tnx doc angry. Her cycle changed from 40 to 31

Natural conception might be difficult with just one tube. She might require Assisted conception method in order to take in.

Did her cycle change from 40days to 31days? Or you meant 31days to 40days. Clarify please! [/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
zangality:
Tnx doc angry. Her cycle changed from 40 to 31

Did her cycle change from 40days to 31days? Or you meant 31days to 40days. Clarify please!

Ok.

Well, when her cycle was 40days, it was an indication the ovary, whose tube was ruptured, was releasing the egg(s). That explains why conception was not achieved because the sperm cells couldn't find their way to reach the egg.

Fortunately, with the change in cycle from 40days to 31days, it might just be indicating the other ovary is now releasing its egg(s). But there might still be a problem. If the tube also has endometrial tissue, the zygote might lodge in the tube and cause another ectopic pregnancy.

Your wife's best option is ACM(Assisted Conception Method).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 31, 2014
mumjk:
thanks so much lucky I really appreciate but pls could u tell me wat is a TFT

Thyroid-Function-Test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2014
LuckyG1:

Thyroid-Function-Test.
ok thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2014
olusisi:

The LH:FSH=1:5 was at what period of your cycle?
You may continue with the Dostinex than with any form of progesterone supplement.The surety in doing that is that as progesterone increases,it has a way of reducing the prolactin.So,the Dostinex as a prolactin inhibitor does that directly.Besides,please whenever you are writing values of an assayed hormone do attach their unit to it.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2014
zangality:

How did you know that her cycle changed from 40 to 31 and to you what does it seem to be(positive or negative)?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by zangality(m): 9:19am On Dec 31, 2014
LuckyG1:

How did you know that her cycle changed from 40 to 31 and to you what does it seem to be(positive or negative)?
before the surgery it was about 40. But recently its abt 31. I don't know if its positive or negative.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2014
zangality:

before the surgery it was about 40. But recently its abt 31. I don't know if its positive or negative.

Please sir,can I know your focal concern or trouble about this change of your wife's assumed 40 to 31-day cycle?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by zangality(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2014
LuckyG1:

Please sir,can I know your focal concern or trouble about this change of your wife's assumed 40 to 31-day cycle?
Tnx, I don't know if its normal or if its going to affect her chances of conceiving.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumilaw: 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hello Doctor Lucky,I really appreciate ur effort in helping people on this forum,may heaven answer you speedily when you need help.
Pls sir I did thyroid function test and here is my result.
T3=0.4ug/ml (0.8-1.9)
T4=8.4ug/ml. (5.0-13)
TSH=1.4mlulml(0.4-6.0)

Pls sir help me and interpret this result.I have been trying to conceive for past 4yrs.thanks and God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
zangality:

Tnx, I don't know if its normal or if its going to affect her chances of conceiving.

A normal menstrual cycle interval should be atleast 22-35days,but things are getting clearer eachday.Just with a tube chances of getting pregnancy is below the normal,this is because of the intrinsic eccentricity that is now involve.Being at 31 is quite better than at 40.Other choices of conception much reliable with any of the Assisted Reproductive Techniques may do some help.This miracle of getting pregnant with just a tube is much happening,just relax,it is well.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
mumilaw:
Hello Doctor Lucky,I really appreciate ur effort in helping people on this forum,may heaven answer you speedily when you need help.
Pls sir I did thyroid function test and here is my result.
T3=0.4ug/ml (0.8-1.9)
T4=8.4ug/ml. (5.0-13)
TSH=1.4mlulml(0.4-6.0)

Pls sir help me and interpret this result.I have been trying to conceive for past 4yrs.thanks and God bless u

From the range given by you,your T3 is abit low,the T4 and TSH are are on the right side.

Don't you think there are still other things we may still have to know,then we can help?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
If I "hmm", the young lady would say the "hmm" is somehow. But I wonder if she doesn't see the reviews of that wannabe to criticise?!

This is human health, not animal physiology. It's wrong to see reviews that are ambiguous or out of line and not shut the contributor up, or put him in line!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy Newyear and blessed days of joy and gladness and prosperity to you all.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
Pls Dr(s) in the house my 4year old daughter is scared of urinating, when she does she screams in pain while the urine pours freely. She plays normal, no fever only the pain when forced to urinate. The mum examined her private and found some redness. Pls advise, thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
yIkEsDuDe:
Pls Dr(s) in the house my 4year old daughter is scared of urinating, when she does she screams in pain while the urine pours freely. She plays normal, no fever only the pain when forced to urinate. The mum examined her private and found some redness. Pls advise, thanks.

When did you notice this? Was it recently? Or quite awhile development?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
yIkEsDuDe:

about 2days ago

yIkEsDuDe:

Her painful urination is likely due to vulvovaginal infection, or vaginal contusion or tear, caused by em, em, em, I rather not air out my suspicion openly.

I'll advise you take your kid to see a family health doc, or a gynae, or a paediatrician for Vaginal Examination.

Let me ask, was that girl left alone with anyone, maybe a stranger? Did she stray out of the house to somewhere you guys didn't know about? Do you have a househelp living with you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
Marc9:

Her painful urination is likely due to vulvovaginal infection, or vaginal contusion or tear, caused by em, em, em, I rather not air out my suspicion openly.

I'll advise you take your kid to see a family health doc, or a gynae, or a paediatrician for Vaginal Examination.

Let me ask, was that girl left alone with anyone, maybe a stranger? Did she stray out of the house to somewhere you guys didn't know about? Do you have a househelp living with you?

nope nope nope to ur questions. Thanx anyway

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.