Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879736 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
yIkEsDuDe:

nope nope nope to ur questions. Thanx anyway

Hmm

Well you're welcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by flakkykul(f): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2015
Doc happy new year,pls I am planing to get pregnant this feb and I so much desire twins,is there any drug to help me or anything I can do to increase my chances.I already av a daughter
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumilaw: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
LuckyG1:

From the range given by you,your T3 is abit low,the T4 and TSH are are on the right side.

Don't you think there are still other things we may still have to know,then we can help?

Thanks for taking out ur time to reply,pls about the T3 being low,is it affecting my fertility in anyway?
I have subserous fibroids which the doctors says it doesn't affect my chances of conceiving. Every other parameters are ok,both my husband.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alawokit(f): 5:37am On Jan 03, 2015
Happy new year to u all
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2015
Marc9:
If I "hmm", the young lady would say the "hmm" is somehow. But I wonder if she doesn't see the reviews of that wannabe to criticise?!

This is human health, not animal physiology. It's wrong to see reviews that are ambiguous or out of line and not shut the contributor up, or put him in line!

My dear, if u tk ur tym to sift thru previous pages, u ll see how much i ve shouted abt those reviews. People dont read thru and its unfortunate ow gullible sm pple are.Wetin i go do na. I ve decided to completely ignore.Mayb u can do d shouting this tym arnd, because me i don shout tire. grin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by atoseg: 5:00am On Jan 04, 2015
pls what can I use to cure a vagina dat produces strange smell at intercourse?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 04, 2015
atoseg:
pls what can I use to treat a condition where the vagina produces strange smell during intercourse?

Offensive vaginal smell is most likely due to Bacterial Vaginosis.

I'll implore you run a swab test, then treatment/drug rx will follow.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olusisi: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
@luckyG and @marc9:Thank you so much for the prompt response...the LH:FSH was. On my day 12.I have been advised to take another bout of clomid this time,100mg bd as against 50mg bd.also to start combi3,since it worked for me in regulating my mc.pls advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olusisi: 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
@luckyG1:Thank you so much for the prompt response...the LH:FSH was. On my day 12.I have been advised to take another bout of clomid this time,100mg bd as against 50mg bd.also to start combi3,since it worked for me in regulating my mc.pls advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bensky: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Hello gyn in the house ,please i need advise. i am in my early 30's , single was diagnosed of fibroid

below is what the result reads.

Pelvic USS

The uterus is bulky non gravid with irregular outline and heterogeneous myometrial echogenicity

Endometrial layer is distorted with thickness of 0.62cm

There are fundal and mid anterior uterine segment submucosal myomata measuring 5.77/5.43cm and 4.54/2.51cm respectively.

Also noted are fundo anterior intramural and lower anterior subserosal myomata measuring 3.62/2.05cm and 2.14/3.7cm respectively

Both adnexual and ovaries are normal

Impression : Multiple Myomata

Please i need advise and the possible option apart from surgery. its really disturbing as i have heavy menstrual floor which affects me, i loose a lot of weight, i need a sincere advise from a gynecologist if surgery is the only option, although i am really scared of having a surgery.

What are my chances of getting pregnant without doing a surgery?

What are my chances of getting pregnant after surgery?

What is the healing period after an operation?

Whats the likely cost of the surgery?
What drugs would you recommend for me for the time been to help boast my blood level.

please i will appreciate a realistic response . thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2015
bensky:
Hello gyn in the house ,please i need advise. i am in my early 30's , single was diagnosed of fibroid

below is what the result reads.

Pelvic USS

The uterus is bulky non gravid with irregular outline and heterogeneous myometrial echogenicity

Endometrial layer is distorted with thickness of 0.62cm

There are fundal and mid anterior uterine segment submucosal myomata measuring 5.77/5.43cm and 4.54/2.51cm respectively.

Also noted are fundo anterior intramural and lower anterior subserosal myomata measuring 3.62/2.05cm and 2.14/3.7cm respectively

Both adnexual and ovaries are normal

Impression : Multiple Myomata

Please i need advise and the possible option apart from surgery. its really disturbing as i have heavy menstrual flow which affects me, i lose a lot of weight, i need a sincere advice from a gynecologist. Is surgery is the only option? though i am really scared of having a surgery.

What are my chances of getting pregnant without doing a surgery?

What are my chances of getting pregnant after surgery?

What is the healing period after an operation?

Whats the likely cost of the surgery?
What drugs would you recommend for me for the time been to help boast my blood level.

please i will appreciate a realistic response . thank you

The subserosal and the intramural fibroids are small enough in size not to reduce your chances of conceiving. The submucosal is the significant fibroid that would most likely affect your chances of conceiving because of it's size and location, which explains why you experince heavy menstrual flow.

The indication for surgery depends on the size of the fibroids. Fibroids larger than 5cm are removed surgically, hysteroscopic shelling if it's submucosal and lesser than 4cm, myomectomy if it's larger than 4cm and located either intramurally, serously, or subserously.

Your chances of conceiving without removing the fibroids(surgically) or shrinking the fibroids(medically) is very low.

Your chances of conceiving after removal/shrinkage(surgically/medically) depends on how careful the surgery is carried out. Hysteroscopic shelling, if not carefully done, may pierce the uterus. The myomectomy, after the incision, the fibroids removed, the stitching has to be carefully done so it doesn't lead to complications.

The cost of surgery varies, depending on the kind of hospitals.

But then, fibroids can be treated non-invasively. Some medications can actually shrink the size of fibroids. Fibroids are estrogen and progesterone dependent. Anti-estrogen and anti-progesterone analogs can actually shrink fibroids and curtail their re-growth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bensky: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2015
Thank you for your response! So how can it be treated no- invasive, please tell me and possible drugs to take to help booast my blood. Also i was told some contraceptives can help reduce my floor can you please advise which and possible the dosage?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2015
bensky:
Thank you for your response! So how can it be treated non- invasive, please tell me and possible drugs to take to help boost my blood. Also i was told some contraceptives can help reduce my floor can you please advise which and possible the dosage?

I can recommend blood booster because it's OTC. You can buy any good blood booster(Aminomin).

But for the medication that would likely shrink the fibroids, it's prescriptive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pls, Doctor in the house, i need suppliments or drugs that will make me ovulate. Pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls, Doctor in the house, i need supplements or drugs that will make me ovulate. Pls

How do you know you don't ovulate naturally?

Is your menstruation regular? Like do you menstruate consistently?

What is your average menstrual cycle length?

Do you observe Egg White Cervical Mucus(clear and stretchy vaginal discharge) within your mid-cycle?

How old are you?

Are you TTC? Or you're concerned about your ovarian cycle?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
HELLO,DOCTOR,COMPLIMENTS.PLS WAT IS D SIDE EFFECTS OF FAMILY PLANNING IN WOMEN,I HEARD IT CAUSES CANCER IN WOMEN
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
@Marc9, thnks for ur quick responce. I dont feel the signs of ovulations @ all, my menstration cycle are 24,26, 28, 31 days. I dont observe Egg White Cervical Mucus expect the first day of my menses. I'm 29, also TTC. I'm concerned cos i need my babies this year by God grace.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
Perpetual459:
HELLO,DOCTOR,COMPLIMENTS.PLS WAT IS D SIDE EFFECTS OF FAMILY PLANNING IN WOMEN,I HEARD IT CAUSES CANCER IN WOMEN

Family planning(Combined Oral contraceptive/birth control pill) does not cause cancer in women. The actual cause of cancer is unknown. But then, oral contraceptives can predispose women to cancer, especially women with history of cancer in their family line.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dadsonval:
@Marc9, thnks for ur quick responce. I dont feel the signs of ovulations @ all, my menstration cycle are 24,26, 28, 31 days. I dont observe Egg White Cervical Mucus expect the first day of my menses. I'm 29, also TTC. I'm concerned cos i need my babies this year by God grace.

Your irregular menstruation, with your inconsistent cycle, your lack of cervical mucus, all are indicating an extreme hormonal imbalance. Differentials include OC, PCOS, hyperprolactinaemia.

I'll recommend you run a hormonal profiling, then ultrasound to check the state of your ovaries.

The results will determine the next line of action.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
DOCTOR THANKS.WHICH OF THESE DO U FEEL IS D BEST COS I VE TRIED CONDOM AND WITHDRAWAL METHOD BT THEY ARE NT WORKING FOR ME.
Marc9:

Family planning(Combined Oral contraceptive/birth control pill) does not cause cancer in women. The actual cause of cancer is unknown. But then, oral contraceptives can predispose women to cancer, especially women with history of cancer in their family line.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
@ Marc9, pls, can i av ur fb id or number to contact u directly, plssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Perpetual459:
DOCTOR THANKS.WHICH OF THESE DO U FEEL IS D BEST COS I VE TRIED CONDOM AND WITHDRAWAL METHOD BT THEY ARE NT WORKING FOR ME.

Well, withdrawal method is never an ideal contraceptive method. Condom is still the safest and the best, but most couples complain of reduced stimulation and sensitivity with the use of condom. Oral contraceptive has its side effects on the long run.

Well, you can try the rhythmic method. If you cycle is regular, you can indulge in intercourse anytime from cd1(beginning of menstrual flow) to cd9, then avoid unprotected intercourse between cd10 to cd17. Then you can resume your intercourse(without the protection of barrier) from cd18 to cd28, if your menstruation is 28days.

This method applies to women with regular/consistent menstrual cycle.

But if you're not the record keeping lady, you can opt for the oral contraceptive. The combination3 contraceptive is quite safe and effective.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dadsonval:
@ Marc9, pls, can i av ur fb id or number to contact u directly, plssss

Send me a PM.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
thanks
Marc9:

Well, withdrawal method is never an ideal contraceptive method. Condom is still the safest and the best, but most couples complain of reduced stimulation and sensitivity with the use of condom. Oral contraceptive has its side effects on the long run.

Well, you can try the rhythmic method. If you cycle is regular, you can indulge in intercourse anytime from cd1(beginning of menstrual flow) to cd9, then avoid unprotected intercourse between cd10 to cd17. Then you can resume your intercourse(without the protection of barrier) from cd18 to cd28, if your menstruation is 28days.

This method applies to women with regular/consistent menstrual cycle.

But if you're not the record keeping lady, you can opt for the oral contraceptive. The combination3 contraceptive is quite safe and effective.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls Marc9, i couldnt see how to send a pm here since. Pls kindly reach on my fb olunike dada Omorilewa, plss. Thnks

Alrite.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bensky: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Please can you prescribe medication that would likely shrink the fibroid and what are the side effects of such drugs.
Marc9:

I can recommend blood booster because it's OTC. You can buy any good blood booster(Aminomin).

But for the medication that would likely shrink the fibroids, it's prescriptive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
hotmomma:
Hi doc marc, pls what do u think about dis my situation? I usually have regular period dat flows well too, but dis month, d period came as expected but the flow is much less dan normal. I am ttc but i havent experienced this low flow. I had painful cramps on the first two days and i took felvin. On the night of the first day and 2nd day, i took vit e and folic acid but stopped though.

Your hypomenorrhea(light flow) is likely due to high stress level. It's nothing serious. Just cut down on stress, and continue taking the vit E and Folic acid.

You'll eventually take in, so long your husband is ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tsodjete: 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
hotmomma:
@marc thanks for ur response but stress? I was on my annual leave and I wasnt stressed at all.
I don't think is something you can worry about like Marc9 said. I once experienced it and that didn't stop me from getting pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sssob: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
bensky:
Please can you prescribe medication that would likely shrink the fibroid and what are the side effects of such drugs.

Hi dear, your post got me ..What's your diet like?

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.