Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879576 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marcjane(f): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2015
Thanks for replying.no miscarriage before.I'm really bleeding and passing out little tissue with lower abdominal pains and not so heavy cramps since 4am but d pains had subsidized now with little bleeding.
Going to rescan and see my doc.Will update you soon.pls keep in touch.
quote author=omicron post=34301667]According to the scan, there is a developing baby in your womb, 2 months old, whose heartbeat is weak. The baby is under serious threat of a miscarriage.

You should observe strict bed rest, preferably in the hospital.

Have you had miscarriages before?

[/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2015
marcjane:
Thanks for replying.no miscarriage before.I'm really bleeding and passing out little tissue with lower abdominal pains and not so heavy cramps since 4am but d pains had subsidized now with little bleeding.
Going to rescan and see my doc.Will update you soon.pls keep in touch.

Ok. That's ominous.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marcjane(f): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hello,all is fine now.Thanks for your concern.
omicron:
Ok. That's ominous.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gwagon(f): 6:14am On Jun 02, 2015
Gwagon:
Hi doc. I am the person whose close friend had an incomplete D&C since 2013 but was told by the doc in 2014 when it started causing her problem that she have to get pregnant again so as to evacuate both the initial and the present one. Now the problem is that the doctor said she cannot do D&C again after she had gone to about 3 or 4 hospital. She is really sick and uncertain of her life now. She have gone to a teaching hospital as u advised but they said they don't do such thing there that she have to carry the pregy. Pls is it advisable to go for a surgery now. She's about 9wks and don't know what next that will happen because her sickness is getting worse day by day. She lives her life now as if that day will be her last.
hello doc, what do u say regarding the problem?.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:27am On Jun 02, 2015
marcjane:
Hello,all is fine now.Thanks for your concern.
Ok. Welcome
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2015
Gwagon:
hello doc, what do u say regarding the problem?.
Hi,

Let her go to a hospital and get treatment.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2015
Pls Dr Omicron, kindly let me know what this CBC+ESR result means;
Leucocytes Count 5.9 3.5-11.0
Erythrocytes 3.84 4.10-5:10
Haemoglobin 10.9 12.0-15.6
Packed Cell Vol 30:5 35.9-44.6.

FBC Test
PCV 36% (36-50%)
WBC 13,600cm (4-10,000/cm)
DIFF N 60% (55-70%)
L 30% (25-40%)
E 04% (1-6%)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls Dr Omicron, kindly let me know what this CBC+ESR result means;
Leucocytes Count 5.9 3.5-11.0
Erythrocytes 3.84 4.10-5:10
Haemoglobin 10.9 12.0-15.6
Packed Cell Vol 30:5 35.9-44.6.

FBC Test
PCV 36% (36-50%)
WBC 13,600cm (4-10,000/cm)
DIFF N 60% (55-70%)
L 30% (25-40%)
E 04% (1-6%)
The only thing abnormal here is the total white blood cell count.

It is a sign of infection, or inflammation. No way to comfirm if you really has a focus of infection, or inflammation, except when a doctor has clinically seen and examined you.

Your blood level (PCV) is normal.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
omicron:
The only thing abnormal here is the total white blood cell count.

It is a sign of infection, or inflammation. No way to comfirm if you really has a focus of infection, or inflammation, except when a doctor has clinically seen and examined you.

Your blood level (PCV) is normal.

All the best.

i dont understand u well pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dadsonval:

i dont understand u well pls
The white blood cell count is too high.

This signifies an infection or inflammation.

See a doctor to know if what the lab said is actually true.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumigrace(f): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
Thanks doc. God replenish u. Amen

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
omicron:
The white blood cell count is too high.

This signifies an infection or inflammation.

See a doctor to know if what the lab said is actually true.

All the best
The white blood
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lollyrekiat(f): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hello mamas in the house, may all our prayers be answered this month In Sha Allah. Amen. Dr in the house or anyone dt has overcome something similar to my case kindly help, I gave birth in 2003 thru CS since den ve not seen my menstruation, I went bk to the hospital I gave birth to before n after I stopped breastfeeding, I was treated for infection, when I saw no changes I went to General Hospital, dere I did hormonal test, pelvic scan&HSG and recently did adhesiolysis surgery around April but saw very light blood dt nite& morning, I went to complain and I was given OCP am on d first sachet and 2nd red pill, pls what can be done again? will I finish d red pill before seeing my menstruation? or should I try another tablet? Pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ucmummy(f): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dr pls I don't know what is happening to me my last period was on 26th of April 2015 and I have a 25 days cycle ,my problem is that my period delayed till 26th of may 2015 and lasted for just 2 days instead of a normal 3-4day could I be pregnant I don't want to feel disappointed since am ttc for a year now. been feeling seek .
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:51am On Jun 03, 2015
lollyrekiat:
Hello mamas in the house, may all our prayers
be answered this month In Sha Allah. Amen. Dr
in the house or anyone dt has overcome
something similar to my case kindly help, I gave
birth in 2003 thru CS since den ve not seen my
menstruation, I went bk to the hospital I gave
birth to before n after I stopped breastfeeding, I
was treated for infection, when I saw no changes
I went to General Hospital, dere I did hormonal
test, pelvic scan&HSG and recently did
adhesiolysis surgery around April but saw very
light blood dt nite& morning, I went to complain
and I was given OCP am on d first sachet and
2nd red pill, pls what can be done again? will I
finish d red pill before seeing my menstruation?
or should I try another tablet? Pls help.
Hi,

The various tests you did, did any of them suggest a cause for your lack of menstruation?

You may take another OCP for the second month.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:55am On Jun 03, 2015
ucmummy:
Dr pls I don't know what is happening to me my last period was on 26th of April 2015 and I have a 25 days cycle ,my problem is that my period delayed till 26th of may 2015 and lasted for just 2 days instead of a normal 3-4day could I be pregnant I don't want to feel disappointed since am ttc for a year now. been feeling seek .
Hi,

There is no need to panick yet.

A difference of 5 days from your regular cycle is not alarming.

You may do a PT but it is unlikely you took in.

Watch your next period and see what happens concerning the number of days of the cycle and that of the period.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:57am On Jun 03, 2015
Dadsonval:

The white blood cell count is too high., what does that means cos the liver is big. Kindly let me what does that means
I have explained it already.

The amount of white cell in your blood is higher than normal and this suggests an infection or inflammation somewhere.

Do see your doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by biihem(f): 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
hi docs, I had my 2nd baby in January this year & I went to the clinic after 8weeks for an implanon contraceptive (3yrs). the issue now is that since then I have not seen my menstruation. is this normal cos I was told the contraceptive is hormonal based.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by euphorbia(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hi docs, pls kindly advice me on what to do.I gave birth through vaginal delievery and episiotomy(2 cuts) on may 1st. After 2weeks + I checked using a mirror and I felt it isn't healing well.I went to the clinic and was told that it is healing (1 cut closed but d other not completely closed but it is healing).I was adviced to continue me sit bath thing.however,i checked myself again at 4 weeks and blood started coming out the next day.I expected it to stop but it's about 40hours now and still flowing.it comes out like mild menstral flow. M scared and tired.could it bemy period coming back?I don't want to go to the hospital again. BTW,I was already seeing yellowish discharge since
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hi Doc, I Am 21 An Hyperthyroidism Patient With Bulg Eyes But No Neck Bump. I Have Been Having Headache, Sneezing, Back Pain, Little But Harmless Cramps, Neausae, Nasal Congestion And Cough, Change In The Colour Of My Urine And I Drink Lots Of Water Since April, I Thought I Was Pregnant But HPT Was Negative, My Period Was Late But Later Came. All These Symptoms Disappeared After My Period On The 3rd Of May. I Had Unprotected Sex On The Day I Noticed A Stretch Cervical Mucus And The Other Day. All The Previous Symptoms Re Appear After Few Days With Loss Of Appetite, Though I Haven't Done HPT But I Saw My Period Again Which Lasted For Four Days Instead Of Five And More Flow Than The Period I Used To Have. My Breasts Are Fuller But Not Tender To Touch. Am I Pregnant Or It Is Just The Symptoms Of The Disorder?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
biihem:
hi docs, I had my 2nd baby in January this year & I went to the clinic after 8weeks for an implanon contraceptive (3yrs). the issue now is that since then I have not seen my menstruation. is this normal cos I was told the contraceptive is hormonal based.
Absence of menstruation is one of various menstrual side effects of implanon. It is a side effect of the hormone, so it is not a disorder.

If you are not comfortable with it (ie, the absence of menses), you may get it removed and consider a different contraceptive. It will normalise if the implanon removed.

You should do a PT to make sure you are not pregnant though.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
euphorbia:
Hi docs, pls kindly advice me on what to do.I gave birth through vaginal delievery and episiotomy(2 cuts) on may 1st. After 2weeks + I checked using a mirror and I felt it isn't healing well.I went to the clinic and was told that it is healing (1 cut closed but d other not completely closed but it is healing).I was adviced to continue me sit bath thing.however,i checked myself again at 4 weeks and blood started coming out the next day.I expected it to stop but it's about 40hours now and still flowing.it comes out like mild menstral flow. M scared and tired.could it bemy period coming back?I don't want to go to the hospital again. BTW,I was already seeing yellowish discharge since
It is unlikely it is your menses that have come back, since you were delivered barely 4 weeks ago.

Considering the history of delayed healing of your episiotomy wound, what is more likely is a secondary post partum haemorrhage. This is an abnormal bleeding that occurs days to weeks after delivery.

You should report to your hospital as soon as possible to have it checked, at least to make sure it is not an abnormal bleeding.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Please I Need Urgent Reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abidex114:
Hi Doc, I Am 21 An Hyperthyroidism Patient With Bulg Eyes But No Neck Bump. I Have Been Having Headache, Sneezing, Back Pain, Little But Harmless Cramps, Neausae, Nasal Congestion And Cough, Change In The Colour Of My Urine And I Drink Lots Of Water Since April, I Thought I Was Pregnant But HPT Was Negative, My Period Was Late But Later Came. All These Symptoms Disappeared After My Period On The 3rd Of May. I Had Unprotected Sex On The Day I Noticed A Stretch Cervical Mucus And The Other Day. All The Previous Symptoms Re Appear After Few Days With Loss Of Appetite, Though I Haven't Done HPT But I Saw My Period Again Which Lasted For Four Days Instead Of Five And More Flow Than The Period I Used To Have. My Breasts Are Fuller But Not Tender To Touch. Am I Pregnant Or It Is Just The Symptoms Of The Disorder?
Headaches and cramps are the more common symptoms of hyperthyroidism. The other symptoms can also be caused by it but these are uncommon or extreme.

Nausea, cramps, breast symptoms and loss of appetite may be due to what is called Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). This is a variety of unspecific symptoms that some women feel in the days leading up to the menses.

Do a PT whenever you feel pregnant.

How are you controlling your hyperthyroidism? I hope it is under control?

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
omicron:
Headaches and cramps are the more common symptoms of hyperthyroidism. The other symptoms can also be caused by it but these are uncommon or extreme.

Nausea, cramps, breast symptoms and loss of appetite may be due to what is called Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). This is a variety of unspecific symptoms that some women feel in the days leading up to the menses.

Do a PT whenever you feel pregnant.

How are you controlling your hyperthyroidism? I hope it is under control?

All the best.
Yes, It Is. I Am On Carbimazole, 20mg Per Day. But Please Do You Think I Can Be Pregnant? Because I Really Want To Concieve. Please How Can I Increase My Chance? What Medicine Can I Use? I Do Have That Stretch Mucus After Each Cycle. Please Help, I Will Be Getting Married In The Next Two Months.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
I Am Anxious For Hearing From You

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abidex114:

Yes, It Is. I Am On Carbimazole, 20mg Per Day. But Please Do You Think I Can Be Pregnant? Because I Really Want To Concieve. Please Help
Of course, you can!

You already hinted that you ovulate, that is most of what is needed to conceive.

Keep up controlling the hyperthyroidism. You will conceive in time.

You can also comfirm ovulation by ultrasound tracking or blood test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
omicron:
Of course, you can!

You already hinted that you ovulate, that is most of what is needed to conceive.

Keep up controlling the hyperthyroidism. You will conceive in time.

You can also comfirm ovulation by ultrasound tracking or blood test
Thanks For The Quick Reply, What Medicine Can I Combine With Carbimazole To Improve My Chance Please?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abidex114:

Thanks For The Quick Reply, What Medicine Can I Combine With Carbimazole To Improve My Chance Please?
Your doctor will know if the carbimazole is enough for you. The drug is not a fertility drug. It only suppressses the hyperthyroidism. So, once the condition is controlled, you are perfect just like it never happened.

So, the main thing is the thyroid control.

Age is so favorably on your side, at 21. It is about the age when fertility is at its peak (21 - 23). So if the thyroid is good, I expect you will have no issues.

But you must beware of anxiety. Anxiety will stress you out psychologically and consequently hamper fertility.

If appears you have not already consistently tried to get pregnant? If you have, for how long have you been ttc?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abidex114(f): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
omicron:
Your doctor will know if the carbimazole is enough for you. The drug is not a fertility drug. It only suppressses the hyperthyroidism. So, once the condition is controlled, you are perfect just like it never happened.

So, the main thing is the thyroid control.

Age is so favorably on your side, at 21. It is about the age when fertility is at its peak (21 - 23). So if the thyroid is good, I expect you will have no issues.

But you must beware of anxiety. Anxiety will stress you out psychologically and consequently hamper fertility.

If appears you have not already consistently tried to get pregnant? If you have, for how long have you been ttc?
This Is The Second Month
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abidex114:

This Is The Second Month
Not enough to panic...yet.

Relax.

You may do hormone profile if you have not done so.

But relax while you do these things.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.