Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878277 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hello Doc,

I had a baby in Oct 2013, I did'nt menstruate until Aug 2014 and it ws very very scanty and it is still very very scanty till now. I stopped breastfeeding in Nov 2014. Kindly help doc.

Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
fosterkid:
tanks for the response my menstration is regular, its always between 27/28days, pelvic scan ddnt show any abnormality,im not seeing a gyna yet since its a year yet,im below 30 and i used to get pregnant easily, will try and do the hormonal profile, thanks for the response
My fear is if i still ovulate
Ok, I see.

Absence of ovulation can cause that too.

A mid-luteal phase (Day 21/20) progesterone test will show if you do.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
KAMEELA:
Hello Doc,

I had a baby in Oct 2013, I did'nt menstruate until Aug 2014 and it ws very very scanty and it is still very very scanty till now. I stopped breastfeeding in Nov 2014. Kindly help doc.

Thank u
How many days flow? How many days cycle? How regular? Are you using any contraception?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by freakingout(f): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
LuckyG1:

An epithelium is a membrane that covers every organ(in and out).It is regarded as a tissue.A unit of that epithelium is know as the epithelial cells.These cells are usually functional and may slur out on redundancy-this is normal.Other ocassion that may welcome warrant increase observation of these cells may be due to infection and even some medication.Whether it is functional,therapeutical or microbial,much letting of this cell does not implicate that you have an infection in the
absence other parameters.

Okay. I understand now. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
omicron:
How many days flow? How many days cycle? How regular? Are you using any contraception?

3days flow, 28days cycle, very regular. The major concern is that d flow is scanty. No, am not using any contraception.

Thank u Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
KAMEELA:

3days flow, 28days cycle, very regular. The major concern is that d flow is scanty. No, am not using any contraception.

Thank u Doc

Have you done a pelvic ultrasonography or probably a hysteroscopy on the womb and adnexae?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
LuckyG1:

Have you done a pelvic ultrasonography or probably a hysteroscopy on the womb and adnexae?

No, I have not done any of them
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamjane(f): 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
following
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
KAMEELA:

No, I have not done any of them

Madam.

Start with any and follow it up with an hormone profilining of your reproductive hormones.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kite02: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Doctors in the house, please I need your advice.
Thanks for all you are doing to assist people. The Lord will continue to increase you.

I am 35 with two children age 6 and 4 and presently trying for a third for about 9 months now without success. My circle has been regular ( 28 days ) until about a year ago with 2 days ( +-) The last 2 months have been 28 days. I noticed about 9 months ago that my brea'ast gets very very tender and painful ( more than before) prior to my periods. It comes with feverish symptoms sometimes.
Did a pelvic and Abdominal scan in November, last year and it showed everything was normal. Treated for Staph Aureus with hubby after HVS test 3 months ago. For two months, now, I have noticed that I used to have brownish discharge a week before my period comes, it gradually changes to red when the flow starts proper.
Should I be worried? Why am I not getting pregnant even when I have seex during my ovulation. let am confused and will appreciate any advice given.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.
Start with any and follow it up with an hormone profilining of your reproductive hormones.

Good morning Dr.

I just had a scan, the result is as follow

A non gravid, anterverted, normal sized uterus measuring about 70mm * 50mm*34mm (Longitudinal * Tranverse and AP) with accentuated homogeneous myometrial echo-texture. Uterine outline is consistent and with border regularity. Endometrial cavity is empty. Plate is il-defined r/o hormonal imbalance and partial adhesion. No obvious intra or extra uterine gestation seen. No myoma is seen. Bilateral adnexae are free. No complex ovarian cyst seen. Minimal echo free fluid collection noted within the cul-de-sac? PID

Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
Goodday doc. Please interpret my scan result. I just had a sponataeous misscarriage at 7wks.
Uterus-size/position= normal
Dimensions-measures 72mm*39mm*42mm in longitudinal,anteroposterior and transverse.
Outline - smooth
echotexture-homogenous.
Endometrium- thickened, irregular in outline and measures 8.9mm in anteroposterior dimension
adnexae- both ovaries appear proximal, no adnexal ring is seen
pod- particulate fluid up2 6.0mm in depth
differential diagnosis= 1, scanty retained products of conception
2, endometritis
recommendation- blood test +ve, to do a TVS SCAN. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
KAMEELA:

Good morning Dr.

I just had a scan, the result is as follow

A non gravid, anterverted, normal sized uterus measuring about 70mm * 50mm*34mm (Longitudinal * Tranverse and AP) with accentuated homogeneous myometrial echo-texture. Uterine outline is consistent and with border regularity. Endometrial cavity is empty. Plate is il-defined r/o hormonal imbalance and partial adhesion. No obvious intra or extra uterine gestation seen. No myoma is seen. Bilateral adnexae are free. No complex ovarian cyst seen. Minimal echo free fluid collection noted within the cul-de-sac? PID

Thank u

Madam.

This may be a concern for you from your result...

Plate is il-defined r/o hormonal imbalance and partial adhesion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
prettmum:
Goodday doc. Please interpret my scan result. I just had a sponataeous misscarriage at 7wks.
Uterus-size/position= normal
Dimensions-measures 72mm*39mm*42mm in longitudinal,anteroposterior and transverse.
Outline - smooth
echotexture-homogenous.
Endometrium- thickened, irregular in outline and measures 8.9mm in anteroposterior dimension
adnexae- both ovaries appear proximal, no adnexal ring is seen
pod- particulate fluid up2 6.0mm in depth
differential diagnosis= 1, scanty retained products of conception
2, endometritis
recommendation- blood test +ve, to do a TVS SCAN. Thanks

Madam.

Sorry for the loss.Nevertheless,everything about your result plays fine except for the irregularity with endometrial plate which may be due to the left over of conceptus or product of conception(POC) or background progesterone hormone or probably due to infection.

Proper affirmation of these differentialities by doing a transvaginal scan and a blood test.

You have been implicated to have endometritis.Endometritis is the irritation or inflammation of the uterus(womb) linings due microbial activities.Having some fluids in your Pouch of Douglas(POD) is a predisposing factor to having the endometritis along with main factors though.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.
This may be a concern for you from your result...
Plate is il-defined r/o hormonal imbalance and partial adhesion.

Thanks so much, may God continue to bless u. Pls, kindly recommend the drug I can use.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks Doc, i had a D n E. What can i do to treat the endometritis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks Doc, i had a D n E. What can i do to treat the endometritis cos im TTC.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 07, 2015
KAMEELA:

Thanks so much, may God continue to bless u. Pls, kindly recommend the drug I can use.

Madam.

Uterine lining adhesion or fibrosis is a number one reason for Asherman's syndrome.It terrains normally with irregular flow and sub/in-fertility and scanty leaks.I don't know if you have been so much involve with Dilatation and Currettage before now.The need for help is necessary since the adhesion has not gone to a good level,but one thing about adhesion is that it goes into all corners of the uterine lining with time or perhaps improve by itself.At this stage,you may need an experience gynaecologist to help you on it.So act fast!

Wholely,madam...
Please you are advise to:
1)Do a TVS or narrowly,Hysteroscopy.
2)Hormone profiling of your reproductive hormones.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 07, 2015
prettmum:
Thanks Doc, i had a D n E. What can i do to treat the endometritis cos im TTC.

Madam.

You are advise to do an ECS or HVS to confirm the microbial agent involve with the endometritis.

After that follow sensitivity and specificity.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KAMEELA(f): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.
Uterine lining adhesion or fibrosis is a number one reason for Asherman's syndrome.It terrains normally with irregular flow and sub/in-fertility and scanty leaks.I don't know if you have been so much involve with Dilatation and Currettage before now.The need for help is necessary since the adhesion has not gone to a good level,but one thing about adhesion is that it goes into all corners of the uterine lining with time or perhaps improve by itself.At this stage,you may need an experience gynaecologist to help you on it.So act fast!
Wholely,madam...
Please you are advise to:
1)Do a TVS or narrowly,Hysteroscopy.
2)Hormone profiling of your reproductive hormones.

I understand better now. I have booked an appointment with a gynaecologist. Thanks so much for quick responses. God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kite02: 5:52am On Jun 08, 2015
kite02:

Doctors ( Lucky G1 and Omicron) in the house, please I need your advice.
Thanks for all you are doing to assist people. The Lord will continue to increase you.

I am 35 with two children age 6 and 4 and presently trying for a third for about 9 months now without success. My circle has been regular ( 28 days ) until about a year ago with 2 days ( +-) The last 2 months have been 28 days. I noticed about 9 months ago that my brea'ast gets very very tender and painful ( more than before) prior to my periods. It comes with feverish symptoms sometimes.
Did a pelvic and Abdominal scan in November, last year and it showed everything was normal. Treated for Staph Aureus with hubby after HVS test 3 months ago. For two months, now, I have noticed that I used to have brownish discharge a week before my period comes, it gradually changes to red when the flow starts proper.
Should I be worried? Why am I not getting pregnant even when I have seex during my ovulation. let am confused and will appreciate any advice given.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:10am On Jun 08, 2015
Hi Kite02,

None of the symptoms you have given is a cause of worry, except, to some extent, the fact that you have been ttc for nine months.

The presence of brownish discharge just before your mesntruation could be normal, and represents the 'washing off' of the 'remnants' from the last mesnstruation.

The symptoms of breast tenderness and malaise are unspecific, but are also common symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome, a common condition that has no bearing on fertility.

You and your dh deserve a full fertility work up.

Hope you are seeing a doctor already.

Dh should do a semen analaysis. You should do a full hormonal profile, including thyroid hormones, prolactin and Day 21 progesterone assay.

Then you take if from there.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Onegai(f): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello doctors in the house, this is not a medical problem per se but it happened to someone recently on the Pregnancy thread. Please may I post it here?

My birthstory:

I went for my antenatal on d 4th & started having serious pains. A matron checked me & said I was 2cm already & adviced I go home & get my stuff if my house is close that I must be in d hospital that night.

I decided to go to my mum's place which is a bit closer & asked hubby to bring my bag so we can go to the hospital from there.

Na there wahala start, I no know say devil wear nurse uniform come as night staff. As I just entered d ward & told her why I came, d nurse begin vex o! See questions "who told u u r in labour? i dt nd any stress dis nite, abeg madam, jus carry ur bag & go to ur house, i dt hv dat time to look at any body's face dis nite". My hubby started begging her to at least check me, she angrily did & said u r still 2cm, abeg jus carry ur bag & go. I refused & demanded that I want to b admitted dat nite cos I'm a patient & it was almost midnight or i'll call d matron. I was admitted by anoda nurse only for d doctor to come in very early to tell me dat my baby's heartbeat is v low & was screaming that they shld hv checked it in d nite, I was immediately wheeled in to be sectioned & in few minutes, my very handsome boy was brought out. I gv God thanks for bringing d doc early to work. Mk una no vex for d long gist abeg.

What that nurse did was very wrong. The hospital was Military Hospital, Port Harcourt. Please is there anyone of you who works there or has contacts there? Can something be done? Because this could have easily turned into another thread titled "I lost my child due to carelessness of Medical people" and people will start bashing doctors and nurses again.

I know doctors complain Nigerian like to bash them (I have 4 doctors in my immediate family so I'm actually on your side regardless of what you think). I feel it would be better if you self-regulate yourselves rather than leave it to people who don't see everything up close to come and make accusations. Years ago, one of my relatives had to step up and push for discipline for some nurses from Matron at LUTH's delivery ward (because her name will be part of that story and she wanted to protect her dept's reputation).

Please can someone look into this matter? It apparently happened this weekend. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Consy11(f): 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2015
Gud evening gud docs and mums in de houz. i appreciate de way u guys (docs) tackle ppl's probs. God ll continue 2 reward u o.
pls i hv a question. i delivered my 1st baby july 2013 tru cs. Reason: Cervical Dystocia! I m now pregnant for de 2nd one. what do i do or avoid so as 2 hv a safe delivery time? i dont want 2 be cut again. pls docs, help me. tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fem60(m): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
what have you done to remove that yeast infection you have. Do you really know what yeast infection is? Is a bad and dangerous disease that can turn your skin totally. Those bad rash you have is a completely yeast infection. Go and look at the picture here: www.nairaland.com/2361713/free-yourself-yeast-infection-within
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Onegai:
Hello doctors in the house, this is not a medical problem per se but it happened to someone recently on the Pregnancy thread. Please may I post it here?

What that nurse did was very wrong. The hospital was Military Hospital, Port Harcourt. Please is there anyone of you who works there or has contacts there? Can something be done? Because this could have easily turned into another thread titled "I lost my child due to carelessness of Medical people" and people will start bashing doctors and nurses again.

I know doctors complain Nigerian like to bash them (I have 4 doctors in my immediate family so I'm actually on your side regardless of what you think). I feel it would be better if you self-regulate yourselves rather than leave it to people who don't see everything up close to come and make accusations. Years ago, one of my relatives had to step up and push for discipline for some nurses from Matron at LUTH's delivery ward (because her name will be part of that story and she wanted to protect her dept's reputation).

Please can someone look into this matter? It apparently happened this weekend. Thanks.

Sorry, about that.

There are bad eggs in any profession. Justice demands that they be appropriately punished. Justice also demands that the sin of one should not be used against all, hence why your bringing this complaint here first is highly commendable.

Issues of malpractice or negligence can always be reported to the authotities, such as the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, Nursing Council of Nigeria or the various Ministries of Health.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
Consy11:
Gud evening gud docs and mums in de houz. i appreciate de way u guys (docs) tackle ppl's probs. God ll continue 2 reward u o.
pls i hv a question. i delivered my 1st baby july 2013 tru cs. Reason: Cervical Dystocia! I m now pregnant for de 2nd one. what do i do or avoid so as 2 hv a safe delivery time? i dont want 2 be cut again. pls docs, help me. tnx
Hi,

Cervical dystocia is the failure of the cervix- the mouth of the womb- to soften and widen adequately during labour. This failure will, of course, make it hard for baby to pass.

Commonest cause of dystocia is scar formation within the cervix. This may be due to a previous D and C, cervical injuries or Cone Biopsy. Poor management of labour can also cause similar feature, such as commencing induction of labour when the cervix is not yet "favourable", or ready.

There is not so much you can do avoid it. Only make sure that your labour is expertly managed/supervised, that is if you meet the criteria for Vaginal birth after CS (VBAC). I hope you do.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kite02: 6:03am On Jun 09, 2015
omicron:
Hi Kite02,

None of the symptoms you have given is a cause of worry, except, to some extent, the fact that you have been ttc for nine months.

The presence of brownish discharge just before your mesntruation could be normal, and represents the 'washing off' of the 'remnants' from the last mesnstruation.

The symptoms of breast tenderness and malaise are unspecific, but are also common symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome, a common condition that has no bearing on fertility.

You and your dh deserve a full fertility work up

Hope you are seeing a doctor already.

Dh should do a semen analaysis. You should do a full hormonal profile, including thyroid hormones, prolactin and Day 21 progesterone assay.

Then you take if from there.
All the best.

Thanks so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 09, 2015
omicron:
Relax dear, it will come. Even in perfect conditions the chance of concieving per menstrual cycle is around 60%, part of the reason infertility is defined as a delay in conception of up to 1 year. Or how long have you been ttc?

Possible things that can adversely affect conception chances post D and C are Asherman Syndrome and a PID. The former cannot be the case, since your period is already back, while the latter could only have arisen following poor management during or post D n C, which I believe would not be the case in a proper hospital and personel.

So advice is to avoid stress and live your normal life; you would soon take in.

But you can always see your doctor for full examination and management.
good morning doc. I missed my period yesterday and went for a test this Morning and the lab attendant told me it is weakly positive. I hope there is no problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
chinma414:
good morning doc. I missed my period yesterday and went for a test this Morning and the lab attendant told me it is weakly positive. I hope there is no problem.
Ok. It is a qualitative test. Weakly positive means the colour change is not as strong as she/he is used to.

No problem. Relax. Repeat test in about a week, and see.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Consy11(f): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gud evening doc. i appreciate ur quick response.On dat labour day, i was checked and d midwf said de opening was 2cm, she kept on checkin me but yet no expansion. she induced me afta like 2hrs, all 2 no avail. she now called a doc who orderd for a cs. i took in 19 mnths afta my 1st delivery. hope it's o
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Consy11:
Gud evening doc. i appreciate ur quick response.On dat labour day, i was checked and d midwf said de opening was 2cm, she kept on checkin me but yet no expansion. she induced me afta like 2hrs, all 2 no avail. she now called a doc who orderd for a cs. i took in 19 mnths afta my 1st delivery. hope it's o
Your story is not complete

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.