Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,242 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895518 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoomama(f): 6:18am On May 29, 2015
omicron:
How do you mean, "when induced"?
when I went to the hospt, the Dr placed me on Primonult N, it came, but after that, I didn't see anytin again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fumbaby: 7:42am On May 29, 2015
Good morning doc pls I want you to help me interpret this result
volume. 5ml Viscosity. present appearance. white opaque constitency. viscous liquidfaction. liquified within an hour PH. 8 semen count. 49 mill semen motility. 1hr to 2hr progressively motile. 50 to 60% sluggishly motile 20 to 25% non motile. 20 to 25% abnormal form. 10% sperm agglutination present pus cells. 4-5/hpf R.P.C absent epithelial cells 1-2/hpf
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:47pm On May 29, 2015
udoomama:
when I went to the hospt, the Dr placed me on Primonult N, it came, but after that, I didn't see anytin again.
Ok

Well, many things could have caused this, ranging from problems in the uterus, ovaries and the structures in the head that control the reproductive system: pituitary gland and hypothalamus.

The fact that you menstruated with the aid of Primolut N (or oral contraceptives) proves that the problem is not from the womb (thereby ruling out Asherman Syndrome) and that your estrogen level is adequate.

It means your problem could then be either from the ovary (absence of ovulation), pituitary gland or hypothalamus.

Commonest ovarian problems that could cause this are Polycystic ovarian syndrome, or Premature Ovarian failure (less likely). A transvaginal scan will help to rule these out.

Commonest pituitary problem you could have is High prolactin hormone. Extremely excessive blood loss can also shut off the pituitary hormones. A blood test will rule these out.

Commonest hypothalamic cause could be excessive weight gain or weight loss, and physical or mental stress.

If your scans and hormonal assays are normal, then beam your search light on those hypothalamic causes.

Eliminate all sources of stress, including stress caused by your lack of menses (a negative chain reaction, if allowed to perpetuate). An irony in itself, but quite practicable.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2015
Fumbaby:
Good morning doc pls I want you to help me interpret this result

volume. 5ml
Viscosity. present
appearance. white opaque
constitency. viscous
liquidfaction. liquified within an hour
PH. 8
semen count. 49 mill
semen motility. 1hr to 2hr
progressively motile. 50 to 60%
sluggishly motile 20 to 25%
non motile. 20 to 25%
abnormal form. 10%
sperm agglutination present
pus cells. 4-5/hpf
R.P.C absent
epithelial cells 1-2/hpf
Sperm count is Normal.

Liquefaction time is normal.

The sperm motility is not completely or correctly reported. Read again, and comfirm.

The pus cells are significant (a sign of infection/contamination). Requires a culture therefore.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Peacewealth(f): 5:40pm On May 29, 2015
gd p.m dr. pls what drugs do i take to get rid of the efect of depo in my system i reallxy want to take in
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okolola25: 6:00pm On May 29, 2015
Good evening Doctor, kindly help me interprete this semen analysis.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2015
okolola25:
Good evening Doctor, kindly help me interprete this semen analysis.
Normal count

Normal motility

Normal Morphology

Presence of agglutination is a bad feature. It does not expressly translate to male infertility but can be a significant factor.

Semen also has high pus cells. Will require culture.

It is an essentially normal semen analysis, except the presence of agglutination.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okolola25: 10:21pm On May 29, 2015
omicron:
Normal count
Normal motility
Normal Morphology
Presence of agglutination is a bad feature. It does not expressly translate to male infertility but can be a significant factor.
Semen also has high pus cells. Will require culture.
It is an essentially normal semen analysis, except the presence of agglutination.

Doctor, please how can Pus cells and agglutination be treated in this case?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoomama(f): 5:04am On May 30, 2015
omicron:
Ok

Well, many things could have caused this, ranging from problems in the uterus, ovaries and the structures in the head that control the reproductive system: pituitary gland and hypothalamus.

The fact that you menstruated with the aid of Primolut N (or oral contraceptives) proves that the problem is not from the womb (thereby ruling out Asherman Syndrome) and that your estrogen level is adequate.

It means your problem could then be either from the ovary (absence of ovulation), pituitary gland or hypothalamus.

Commonest ovarian problems that could cause this are Polycystic ovarian syndrome, or Premature Ovarian failure (less likely). A transvaginal scan will help to rule these out.

Commonest pituitary problem you could have is High prolactin hormone. Extremely excessive blood loss can also shut off the pituitary hormones. A blood test will rule these out.

Commonest hypothalamic cause could be excessive weight gain or weight loss, and physical or mental stress.

If your scans and hormonal assays are normal, then beam your search light on those hypothalamic causes.

Eliminate all sources of stress, including stress caused by your lack of menses (a negative chain reaction, if allowed to perpetuate). An irony in itself, but quite practicable.

All the best.
tanx so much. May God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tunde1200(m): 6:27am On May 30, 2015
Dear Dr,

I had an Okada accident recently and sustained injury on my left leg, stitches were carried out fine and the wound is healing no much pain.
but one thing that got me thinking every time is when my friends/family visited they told me jokingly stop having sex for now for the wound to heal quick.
Please how true is this medically because me i can stay long like that?.
also when in the office i feel cold alot than any one else what s the cause of this cold and me.

best regards
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2015
okolola25:

Doctor, please how can Pus cells and agglutination be treated in this case?
The pus cells are a sign of infection or contamination. To comfirm this and treat, you need a culture test of the semen.

Agglutination is thought to be caused by presence of sperm antibodies. There is no specific treatment. Some studies support the use of antioxidants to manage it. Commonest antioxidants are vitaminC and E.

There are also much antioxidants in fruits and vegetables. Somewhat, it boils down to the healthy diet and exercise we generally advise.

A urologist/gynaecologist/fertility expert will advise you better though.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2015
tunde1200:
Dear Dr,

I had an Okada accident recently and sustained injury on my left leg, stitches were carried out fine and the wound is healing no much pain.
but one thing that got me thinking every time is when my friends/family visited they told me jokingly stop having sex for now for the wound to heal quick.
Please how true is this medically because me i can stay long like that?.
also when in the office i feel cold alot than any one else what s the cause of this cold and me.

best regards
Hi,

There is no corelation between wound healing and having sex. Biochemically and physiologically, having sex will not interfere with your wound.

We have different thresholds when it comes to cold or heat tolerance. In other words, people feel cold or hot differently.

If yours is exceptionally bad, ie if you cannot tolerate cold at all, then it may be a sign of low thyroid hormone which can be caused by several factors too. A simple blood test will comfirm this.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tunde1200(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2015
thank you very much and i really appreciate..

i fear if im not well at all because of this catching cold in the office and others dont respond to it the way i do.
anyway i will see my doctor.

omicron:
Hi,

There is no corelation between wound healing and having sex. Biochemically and physiologically, having sex will not interfere with your wound.

We have different thresholds when it comes to cold or heat tolerance. In other words, people feel cold or hot differently.

If yours is exceptionally bad, ie if you cannot tolerate cold at all, then it may be a sign of low thyroid hormone which can be caused by several factors too. A simple blood test will comfirm this.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okolola25: 8:12am On May 30, 2015
omicron:
The pus cells are a sign of infection or contamination. To comfirm this and treat, you need a culture test of the semen.

Agglutination is thought to be caused by presence of sperm antibodies. There is no specific treatment. Some studies support the use of antioxidants to manage it. Commonest antioxidants are vitaminC and E.

There are also much antioxidants in fruits and vegetables. Somewhat, it boils down to the healthy diet and exercise we generally advise.

All the best.

Good morning Doctor, thank you for your professional responses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okolola25: 8:13am On May 30, 2015
omicron:

All the best.

Good morning Doctor, thank you for your professional responses and advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tatacherie: 1:22pm On May 30, 2015
Hello Drs in d house weldone.
Pls help me
I've been having signs of fever lately..bittermouth,cold,weakness all over & nausea,so I went for MP/Widal tests.here is d result.
Malaria parasite(+)Ring form of Plasmodium Falciparum seen.
Widal reaction report:Salmonella Groups AO,AH,BO,BH,CO,CH,DO,DH Titres all less than 20.
Titre greater than 20 is significant.
Pls help interprete before I see a Dr next week.Note:I'm 7 weeks pregnant and feeling like fainting/vomiting.am really worried cos I learnt malaria drugs are not to b administered in early pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matingo(f): 2:07pm On May 30, 2015
Hi doc,
Really hope you can help. I'm a 34 years old mother of two but I'm not always interested in Sex, it has caused a lot of fight btw my husby and I, he has accused me of having it outside and has also threatened to divorce me if I don't change but I just don't have the urge, is there any drug I can take.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RashMe(f): 11:08pm On May 30, 2015
omicron:
ok.

The castor oil is meant to stimulate some degree of bowel motion ("purging" ), which in turn should stimulate uterine contractions, so it's a form of induction of labour.

Contractions are pains that come and go. Last less than a minute when they come. The pains may start from the lower abdomen. But when it gets more serious it pains all over the abdomen, and finally the waist and back. They are what are called 'labour pains' in lay terms. When you have contractions, apart from the pains, you get the feeling that your tommy is becoming "hard" while it lasts. This is more obvious when the contraction is stronger.

Wishing you adequate contractions wink and safe delivery.

All the best.

hello dr omicron, thanks for ur earlier help and advice. Gave birth on Friday; natural birth, no tear @4.5kg. Princess is healthy, so am i

5 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:25am On May 31, 2015
RashMe:

hello dr omicron, thanks for ur earlier help and advice. Gave birth on Friday; natural birth, no tear @4.5kg. Princess is healthy, so am i
Very happy to hear this cheesy

Thank God for safe delivery.

All the best. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2015
tatacherie:
Hello Drs in d house weldone.
Pls help me
I've been having signs of fever lately..bittermouth,cold,weakness all over & nausea,so I went for MP/Widal tests.here is d result.
Malaria parasite(+)Ring form of Plasmodium Falciparum seen.
Widal reaction report:Salmonella Groups AO,AH,BO,BH,CO,CH,DO,DH Titres all less than 20.
Titre greater than 20 is significant.
Pls help interprete before I see a Dr next week.Note:I'm 7 weeks pregnant and feeling like fainting/vomiting.am really worried cos I learnt malaria drugs are not to b administered in early pregnancy.
Hi,

First, note that your pregnancy status may explain these symptoms you have: weakness, dizziness, vomitting/nausea, bitter mouth so it might not be a true "sickness". You will adapt with time.

MP (+) means mild parasitaemia, or mild 'malaria'.

There is no evidence of typhoid fever according to the widal test.

You should have done PCV (blood level test) to rule out anaemia (shortage of blood)

Treatment of malaria in early pregnancy: Quinine (in normal or low dose) is the drug traditionally recommended. 300mg or 450mg 3 times a day for 3 days will be ok.

Some newer studies support the use of ACT such as Coartem/Lonart, but this is not conclusive yet. However, in practice, Coartem/Lonart is more commonly used in most antenatal clinics in Nigeria with no reported problems.

Do you have fever, like hotness of the body/increased body temperature?

If you are not seriously ill, you should wait till you see your doctors this week. If you are, you may see them at once.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2015
matingo:
Hi doc,
Really hope you can help. I'm a 34 years old mother of two but I'm not always interested in Sex, it has caused a lot of fight btw my husby and I, he has accused me of having it outside and has also threatened to divorce me if I don't change but I just don't have the urge, is there any drug I can take.
Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry about your experience. You are only one of many women and men that have what is considered too low sexual drive.

The greatest sex organ is the brain/mind. A psychotherapy will greatly help.

Specific treatments for low sex drive are not common in orthodox medicine, except when they are meant to correct obvious hormonal deficiences.

I will do some study in the coming days to see if there are helpful and safe drugs you may try.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tatacherie: 1:52pm On May 31, 2015
Thanks alot Dr Omicron i really appreciate ur swift response.My Dr just prescribed puriton,fersolate, astymin, vitc, & pcm yestaday.he said he can't treat malaria cos I'm just 7 weeks.but dat I shud see him Monday.I guess the drugs are OK?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wiffylove(f): 5:53pm On May 31, 2015
Doctor plss help its urgent. Abt 3days ago when I urinate I feel pain in my bladder bt nw am am feeling pain in my lower stomach at d left hand side..what could be d cause??
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marcjane(f): 7:08pm On May 31, 2015
hello everyone.pls docs,can you explain this to me.im loosing blood little by little since yesterday.seen doc but not explanatory enough.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lassbaby(f): 12:04am On Jun 01, 2015
gudevening Drs in d house. pls I want to knw if zinat n flagl safe for me.my baby 3 yes n stiii breasting.than u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumigrace(f): 12:56am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:14am On Jun 01, 2015
marcjane:
hello everyone.pls docs,can you explain this to me.im loosing blood little by little since yesterday.seen doc but not explanatory enough.
According to the scan, there is a developing baby in your womb, 2 months old, whose heartbeat is weak. The baby is under serious threat of a miscarriage.

You should observe strict bed rest, preferably in the hospital.

Have you had miscarriages before?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:16am On Jun 01, 2015
mumigrace:
Hello doc in the house. I mentruated on 25-30 of this month. I have a 27/28day cycle. When will I ovulate because i'm ttc. Thanks alot
Your ovulation is on the 6th/7th of THIS month.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:17am On Jun 01, 2015
lassbaby:
gudevening Drs in d house. pls I want to knw if zinat n flagl safe for me.my baby 3 yes n stiii breasting.than u
Yes, they are safe.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:23am On Jun 01, 2015
wiffylove:
Doctor plss help its urgent. Abt 3days ago when I urinate I feel pain in my bladder bt nw am am feeling pain in my lower stomach at d left hand side..what could be d cause??
It could be a urinary tract infection or a PID, and with less likelihood, an ovarian cyst.

You should see a doctor around and diagnose it properly.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2015
tatacherie:
Thanks alot Dr Omicron i really appreciate ur swift response.My Dr just prescribed puriton,fersolate, astymin, vitc, & pcm yestaday.he said he can't treat malaria cos I'm just 7 weeks.but dat I shud see him Monday.I guess the drugs are OK?
They are basically mineral and vitamin supplements, except the pcm and puriton (may have been given for the nausea).

They are safe enough.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gwagon(f): 8:20am On Jun 01, 2015
Hi doc. I am the person whose close friend had an incomplete D&C since 2013 but was told by the doc in 2014 when it started causing her problem that she have to get pregnant again so as to evacuate both the initial and the present one. Now the problem is that the doctor said she cannot do D&C again after she had gone to about 3 or 4 hospital. She is really sick and uncertain of her life now. She have gone to a teaching hospital as u advised but they said they don't do such thing there that she have to carry the pregy. Pls is it advisable to go for a surgery now. She's about 9wks and don't know what next that will happen because her sickness is getting worse day by day. She lives her life now as if that day will be her last.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.