Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879054 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
Rizin:
Please Doc. I got this result on widal test:
salm typhi(d) A0 1/160: TH 1/160
salm paratyphi(A) AO 1/80: TH 1/160
Salm ptyphi (B) AO 1/80 : TH 1/20
Salm ptyphi (C) AO 1/20 : TH 1/80

please i need interpretations. Thank you.
Titres of 1/160 and above are significant (suggestive) for typhoid fever, but that does not always mean someone who got 1/160 or more has typhoid fever.

Refer to the last 2 pages for a little explanation I gave about Widal test and tyohoid fever

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
omicron:
So sorry dear for your loss. I'm just seeing this.

It is riskier to wait for the products to expel by themselves. It is unecessary too.

If you havent already done so, the advice is to evacuate it via suction curretage.

If the bleeding is not so heavy too, you may do another scan at another centre to crosscheck. If the report is same, evacuate.

All the best
Good day Doc, my doc did the evacuation via suction curretage on the 30th of July and I was given some drugs to take. I finished the drugs on the 5th of August and I want to run a urine mcs, hvs and a scan just to check if all is okay. When is the best time for me to run these tests? I was thinking of doing them this week but I don't know if the drugs I took would give a false result. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
fearless07:
Good day Doc, my doc did the evacuation via suction curretage on the 30th of July and I was given some drugs to take. I finished the drugs on the 5th of August and I want to run a urine mcs, hvs and a scan just to check if all is okay. When is the best time for me to run these tests? I was thinking of doing them this week but I don't know if the drugs I took would give a false result. Thanks.
Ok.

You can do the scan anytime.

The Urine MCS and HVS are unnecessary if you do not have related symptoms.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
omicron:
Ok.

You can do the scan anytime.

The Urine MCS and HVS are unnecessary if you do not have related symptoms.
Thanks Doc Omicron. God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
omicron:
Ok.

Is a follicle size of 23x16mm and 19x10mm ok? Although the follicles are compressing each other and n it giving room for one to expand downwards and the other to expand upward. I though a follicle is round.

Please is it ok for ovulation to take place. Endo thickness is 11mm
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kpofkpof: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
omicron:
Well, this report suggests that most sections of the tubes are patent ('open', not blocked), hence the spillage, but there seems to be some adhesions are the fimbrial ends of the tubes, hence the loculation. The fimbriae are the brush-like parts of the tubes whose main job is to collect released eggs into the tubes for fertilisation.

It means that the fimbrial ends are not patent to allow free passage of the 'HSG Fluid'.

The implication is that eggs from the ovaries cannot enter the tubes easily (if at all), meaning that conception is just as hard (if at all possible for now).

It is, however, probably an improvement from the former report.

So what is the best way to conceive. What Treatment should I undergo to get pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
diegs:

Is a follicle size of 23x16mm and 19x10mm ok? Although the follicles are compressing each other and n it giving room for one to expand downwards and the other to expand upward. I though a follicle is round.

Please is it ok for ovulation to take place. Endo thickness is 11mm
Sorry, I don't where you are coming from...

A follicle is round, but on scan it may not appear a perfect round, and it's a human who takes the measurement.

I do not get your question though
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
kpofkpof:

So what is the best way to conceive. What Treatment should I undergo to get pregnant
Well, you should discuss your options with your gynae, including IVF, adhesiolysis surgery/laparoscopy and tuboplasty.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by herdayorlar(f): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hi doc. Jst incase i'm on d wrng thread pls pardon me. I'm new here. I wanna ask questn distrbin me. I'm sexually active bt nt redi 2get pregnant yet 4som personal rizins. I only use alabukun afta avin sex as directd by my close pal bt i av bin xpctin my period 4 lyk a wk nw nd i avnt sin it. Cld it b dt i'm pregnant? Or jst anxiety? Thnks in anticipation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
omicron:
Sorry, I don't where you are coming from...

A follicle is round, but on scan it may not appear a perfect round, and it's a human who takes the measurement.

I do not get your question though

I was asking if 23x15mm and 18x10mm is a good follicle for ovulation. considering its not round
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by guifeibao: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello, for guifei bao call or mail me on olamiposisquare@gmail.com.

Used for

Unblocking tubes, shrink fibroid, Clear bad vaginal odor and more.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ginababy(f): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
herdayorlar:
Hi doc. Jst incase i'm on d wrng thread pls pardon me. I'm new here. I wanna ask questn distrbin me. I'm sexually active bt nt redi 2get pregnant yet 4som personal rizins. I only use alabukun afta avin sex as directd by my close pal bt i av bin xpctin my period 4 lyk a wk nw nd i avnt sin it. Cld it b dt i'm pregnant? Or jst anxiety? Thnks in anticipation
Welcome 2 d trend. A week pasted ur due date. I advice u run a pregnancy test. Home urine test is cheap n easy 2 administer n at dis tim of ur circle d result will b accurate. All d best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cyara(f): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hi, my room mate has been having problem with her menstruation and the finally came, but it has been flowing for close to three weeks now and counting and hasn't stopped, what can likely be the cause and how can it be stopped. Note: we are both scared of going to the clinic because of the accusing stares we will get
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by truemommy: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hi doc, please advice. below are my past results on hormone profile and HSG:
Latest Hormone Profile May 2015
FSH - 6.04
LH - 3.98
PROLACTIN - 10.78
Progesteron - 2.36
Hormone Profile 2012
FSH - 7.4
LH - 4.0
PROLACTIN - 15.2
Progesteron - 6.6
Hormone Profile 2011
FSH - 4.5
LH - 4.5
PROLACTIN - 13
Progesteron - 5.2
2nd HSG
The cervical canal and uterine outline are normal.
The Fallopian tubes are demonstrated with perifimbrial contrast Loculations.
Impression-
Normal Uterus
Perifimbrial Adhesions
1st HSG
The Cervical canal and uterine Outline are normal but acutely retroverted.
The fallopian tubes are demonstrated to proximal 1/2 with no free spills with contrast intravasations.
Impresion:
Normal Uterus
Blocked Tubes
My Sabi mamas, abeg I dont know the difference between these results o. Please Help me find a way out!
Thanks[/quote]

please help me interpret this results.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
herdayorlar:
Hi,

Both are possible.

But it is pregnancy until proven otherwise esp if there was unprotected sex within the past few weeks. Do a pregnancy test to comfirm.

Alabukin is not a contraceptive, and could have unknown harmful effects on your health.

There are many safe and effective contraceptives to choose from. Your doctor/qualified nurse can guide you.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
diegs:

I was asking if 23x15mm and 18x10mm is a good follicle for ovulation. considering its not round
Well, I couldn't say. If you are doing follicular tracking, you will know if and when they ovulate in time.

If this is a one-off scan, it is hard to suggest what could happen to those eggs.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
cyara:
Hi, my room mate has been having problem with her menstruation and the finally came, but it has been flowing for close to three weeks now and counting and hasn't stopped, what can likely be the cause and how can it be stopped. Note: we are both scared of going to the clinic because of the accusing stares we will get
Hi,

Your roomate's condition needs medical attention.

It is highly abnormal, and dangerous.

It could be a possible miscarriage if she is sexually active. It could also be due to hormonal imbalance, or something else. Whatever it is, it requires urgent medical attention as the bleeding could become profuse suddenly esp if it was a miscarriage.

Doctor-patient consultation is confidential and your history should not be divulged, hence no need to be ashamed.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
truemommy:
Hi doc, please advice. below are my past results on hormone profile and HSG:
Latest Hormone Profile May 2015
FSH - 6.04
LH - 3.98
PROLACTIN - 10.78
Progesteron - 2.36
Hormone Profile 2012
FSH - 7.4
LH - 4.0
PROLACTIN - 15.2
Progesteron - 6.6
Hormone Profile 2011
FSH - 4.5
LH - 4.5
PROLACTIN - 13
Progesteron - 5.2
2nd HSG
The cervical canal and uterine outline are normal.
The Fallopian tubes are demonstrated with perifimbrial contrast Loculations.
Impression-
Normal Uterus
Perifimbrial Adhesions
1st HSG
The Cervical canal and uterine Outline are normal but acutely retroverted.
The fallopian tubes are demonstrated to proximal 1/2 with no free spills with contrast intravasations.
Impresion:
Normal Uterus
Blocked Tubes
My Sabi mamas, abeg I dont know the difference between these results o. Please Help me find a way out!
Thanks

please help me interpret this results.
Hi,

Your hormone profile is within normal range. What cycle day was the Progesterone test?

The HSG showed evidence of perifimbrial adhesion. Picture this abnormality as a band of tissue that has gummed various structures around the fimbrial part of the tubes together.

Commonest causes of this are chronic PID or aftermath of surgery.

Treatment options include laparoscopy, hydrointubation, surgery and IVF.

Discuss your options with your gynaecologist.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
omicron:
Well, I couldn't say. If you are doing follicular tracking, you will know if and when they ovulate in time.

If this is a one-off scan, it is hard to suggest what could happen to those eggs.

All the best.

I have been tracking from day 10 but they have never been round or equal size but they were growing bigger. Yes ovulation confirmed on day 18. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rexology: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hello Dr. Micron, please this is her cycle covering 4months.
20th April to 22nd May(33days)
22nd May to 19th June(30days)
19th June to 16th July(28days)
16th July to 11th August (27days)
Please what does this cycle implies? is there any health risk? If there is, what are the possible solutions?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Rexology:
Hello Dr. Micron, please this is her cycle covering 4months.
20th April to 22nd May(33days)
22nd May to 19th June(30days)
19th June to 16th July(28days)
16th July to 11th August (27days)
Please what does this cycle implies? is there any health risk? If there is, what are the possible solutions?
Hi,

There is slight irregularity between the cycles. This could be due to many reasons both "normal" and abnormal.

None of the cycle lengths fell outside of the normal range.

Alone, one cannot infer much from this information.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rexology: 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

There is slight irregularity between the cycles. This could be due to many reasons both "normal" and abnormal.

None of the cycle lengths fell outside of the normal range.

Alone, one cannot infer much from this information.
Thank you for your quick response. Please can you tell me few reasons of both "normal" and "abnormal"?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ginababy(f): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hi doc. AF is expected 2 show up on Friday dis wk, although blood pt shows negative so I want 2 start trying again. I was advised 2 go 4 a pelvic scan bt my question is, will it b ok 2 run d scan b4 Friday or wait afta af? because I want 2 get accurate results on all trials.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2015
Hi @omicron. God bless u for ur time,we really appreciate. Pls is it normal for a grown man to have wet dreams once in a while? It normally happens to my dh and I want to know if it has any underlying problems. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoomama(f): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello Dr, morning, pls when is the best time/Cycle day to carr out this test?
LH
FSH
Progesterone
E2
Prolactin. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by truemommy: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

Your hormone profile is within normal range. What cycle day was the Progesterone test?

The HSG showed evidence of perifimbrial adhesion. Picture this abnormality as a band of tissue that has gummed various structures around the fimbrial part of the tubes together.

Commonest causes of this are chronic PID or aftermath of surgery.

Treatment options include laparoscopy, hydrointubation, surgery and IVF.

Discuss your options with your gynaecologist.

All the best.

Thanks doc for d quick response. May God bless and keep you. the latest hormone profile was done cd21. but i was advised to do another one on cd3 and cd 21 for progesterone. I want to start ttc again so i intend doing all the tests again. I have never had a surgery so the cause may be from chronic PID like you suggested. Please what test can i do to check for PID and on what day can i have it.

thanks Doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dexcira(f): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
hi omicron. God bless u for your services here. my sis is havn a whitish vagina discharge (doesn't smell) she has gone for test one showed growth of staph. she has taken injections(ceftriaxone) etc and even different drugs and inserts .but to no avail. pls what can we do. this has lasted for like months now? can u prescribe a strong injection for her that can stop d discharge or can I pm u? tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
hello Dr Omicron,may God bless you for the good work,pls interpreted this scan result for me.
the uterus is bulky,there is a well circumscribed heterogeneous predominantly hypo-echoic mass with a brocid based attached to the anterior myometrium,measuring 6.3x5.3cm in dimension. The remaining myometrium is preserved.
The right andexium harbours an ovoid cystic mass lesion measuring 4.0x3.8cm with low level echoes seen within it.The left adnexium is within normal limits.
Other pelvic organs are normal sonographically.
Conclusion Subserosal Fibroid
Right Ovarian Cyst
kindly explain the result and tell me what to do as I am TTC.
thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
ginababy:
Hi doc. AF is expected 2 show up on Friday dis wk, although blood pt shows negative so I want 2 start trying again. I was advised 2 go 4 a pelvic scan bt my question is, will it b ok 2 run d scan b4 Friday or wait afta af? because I want 2 get accurate results on all trials.
Ok.

Any time is ok. The report will be interpreted accordingly, if need be.

May I ask what you are seeking from the scan?

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
rainyday:
Hi @omicron. God bless u for ur time,we really appreciate. Pls is it normal for a grown man to have wet dreams once in a while? It normally happens to my dh and I want to know if it has any underlying problems. Thanks
Thanks.

Yea, it is perfectly normal once in a while, especially following a longer-than-usual period of abstinence.

Nothing to be worried about.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
udoomama:
Hello Dr, morning, pls when is the best time/Cycle day to carr out this test?
LH
FSH
Progesterone
E2
Prolactin. Thanks
Hi,

It depends on the specific reasons for the tests.

However, for general fertility work-up, Day 3 is used for all except progesterone.

Progesterone is done at the midluteal phase of the cycle, to comfirm ovulation. This varies between women, but Day 21 is usually taken for the average cycle length of 28 days. So, progesterone is day 21.

However, if your cycle has been regular, your personal midluteal phase can be more precisely worked out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
truemommy:

Thanks doc for d quick response. May God bless and keep you. the latest hormone profile was done cd21. but i was advised to do another one on cd3 and cd 21 for progesterone. I want to start ttc again so i intend doing all the tests again. I have never had a surgery so the cause may be from chronic PID like you suggested. Please what test can i do to check for PID and on what day can i have it.

thanks Doc.
Ok.

Then your progesterone level is low for Day 21, suggesting a lack of ovulation for that cycle.

PID is mainly a clinical diagnosis. Lab tests are supportive. Cardinal symtoms of chronic PID are pelvic pain (waist and lower abdomen), vaginal discharge, menstrual irregularities and subfertility. And the doctor can, on examination, elicit many other signs.

Supportive laboratory tests include Endocervical swab, ECS (Not High Vaginal Swab, HVS!), pelvic scan and HSG (if subfertile)

Treatment is with at least a 2-week duration of effective antibiotics, as well as management of any complications

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.