Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879768 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.

Your pregnancy is on a good bump.You are 11weeks 6days passed.Placenta on the anterior,means it is located at the upper end of the womb,region wasn't specific.

Being at 11w6d,there is still enough time for the fetus to move to the normal presentation provided that your amniotic fluid is not draining off in a fast rush.
Thank u Dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
broadstreet:
hi doctor
please help me interpret this results
SAMPLE PRODUCE Fluid
COLLECTION MODE Reproduction
ABSTINUENCE 5DAYS
VOLUME 3.5MLS
VISCOUSITY MODERATE
COLOUR GREYISH
ODOUR NORMAL
LIQUEFACTION <30MINS
PH 8.0
MICRO: WBC-2-3/HPF, PUS -4-6HPF, BACT -《++》, EPTH- (+)
Morphology Normal-40%, abnormal- (head defect-40%, tail defect
-20%
motility: fast progressive -20%, non motile -50%
progression active -30%, passive -70%
count : 38×10×6 cell/ml (normal range: 20-150×10×6 cell/ml)
culture: yeided no significant growth after 48hrs of incubation
@37degree

From your result.We could tell that;

1)The MORPHOLOGY is poor-This means that your semen contains in good quantity sperm cells of defective characteristics relating to the head and the tail.

3)MOTILITY is poor-Oftentime when the morphology of sperm cells in the semen is defective,it may turn-out in causing hindrance to the movement of the better ones this is because defective ones are either dead or somehow paralysed.

3)CONES COUNT are normal to the lower limit(from the range provided)-Further negligence may result in cones count below the expected range.

Increase in cones is a major priority at this minute.If cones count increases,morphology,activeness and motility will increase except for a case where a condition is responsible for poorness to attributes normal to a sperm cell.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
bibeetee:
Gud morning docs. I av bn TTC after loosing my right tube to ectopic pregnancy last year. I don't know what to do.

Madam.

Sorry for pregnancy loss.You needn't be confused.The chance of carrying a pregnancy with a tube is still much good and appreciated.

How can we help you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
udysweet:

Goodmorn doc,God bless ur efforts! Pls wat sort of test is it? I wld lov to do jus to b certain of myself. Lik to add here dat I experience nipple discharge for years and was told can affect conception. Seems I dnt ovulate too.
I sent u a PM not too long ago,nev got a reply
Hop to read frm u,God bless smiley

Madam.

Apology! I hardly return PMs due to the inability rest on my device in getting to check my mails through the medium.It is preferrable to send me an official mail.

High or excess nip.ple discharge,clinically address as galactorrhea is a simplified show of high prolactin.Though useful this hormone may be in the development of the breast combining with estrogen,on having a high concentration of it in the blood could lead to impediment of having a pregnancy.Other symptoms roving with increased serum prolactin may include,loss of sex drive,irregular ovulation abreast with missed cycles.

We advice that:
1)Make an appointment with medical lab scientist to have your reproductive hormones profiled.

2)Do a pelvic USS to know the state of your womb and related pelvic organs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.
I greet o.
Greetings to u too
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
mubzay:
Thank u ma. So sorry abt d moniker. Was confused when I saw acyesis (I now thot it meant a cyesis den the impression read 11w6D. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for soothing my relief. God bless u.
Pls what abt d unstable presentation? Shud I be worried?
No need to worry at all abt d presentation. Its till too early, ur baby ll keep taking diff positions till when u re almost due
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good Day Doctors,
Please I will like to find out what the cure for fluid coming out after discharge. i'm TTC for 10months now. please doctors I feel that might be the cause of me not been able to fall pregnant. what health condition causes that. I heard it's called EDA in yourba. please SOS.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
tchiwinnie:
No need to worry at all abt d presentation. Its till too early, ur baby ll keep taking diff positions till when u re almost due
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ a lot. Have a pleasant nyt rest.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Perculiar:
Good Day Doctors,
Please I will like to find out what the cure for fluid coming out after discharge. i'm TTC for 10months now. please doctors I feel that might be the cause of me not been able to fall pregnant. what health condition causes that. I heard it's called EDA in yourba. please SOS.

Doctors please help me talk on fluid going out after discharge. i'm pleading.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
Perculiar:
Good Day Doctors,

Where is this discharge coming from?

What is perculiar about this fluid you experience differently after a discharge?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mbula(f): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
good evening doc, pls I need urgent reply. I'm a first time mum, my edd was 2nd of this month.thinking of going for an induction this week as doc said I should come with my bag next antenatal for it.my reason for elective induction is the weight of my baby via scan result which stated last week monday to be 4.0kg. everything is perfect with baby and I.baby is in appropriate position, just that I haven't got waist pain like pple say as sign of labour, no show nor membrane rupture.pls I am seeking ur opinion as to the induction.thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by arinbaby: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
Good evening doc, I've had a previous miscarriage before at 8weeks and I'm not pregnant again. The pregnancy was going on fine, I usually do not have symptoms more than tender breast, left side pain and mild cramp once in a while. At my supposed 7 weeks I went for a scan cos I had a very bad fall so the scan showed just a gestational sac measuring 6weeks and was empty.

The sonographer thought maybe my dates were off but I said no cos my husband had traveled immediately after I ovulated(it was timed). 6 days later I started spotting brown blood and I went to see the gyny the next day and he did a scan and it showed 5 weeks gestational sac with no heartbeat or fetal pole. He said i could be one of those habitual abortion patient and I ought to have started on primolut depot immediately I missed my period for 12weeks. And he said he would start me on it and see if there would be changes. After I was given the first injection I started bleeding and passed blood clot but the gyny said he would repeat d scan and when he did it still showed 5 weeks gestational sac so he gave me more injection and I was placed on it and bed rest for a week.

The bleeding continued but started reducing day after day so on the 6th day I went for a scan but d sono only saw fluid collection and says it doesn't look like a gestational sac and that I might have to evacuate it. I cried but the next day the bleeding stopped completely and am like if am having a miscarriage the bleeding is supposed to get heavier not stop or sth. I'm thinking am still pregnant but they can just find my baby yet. So pls doc what can you make out of my case? Did the primolut depot make the bleeding stop? I want to be totally sure before ending the pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
LuckyG1:

Hello Dr . Please can you
suggest what I should do? I somtimes feel pain DURING and few days AFTER sex. I feel pains in my back/waist line, below my abdomen, around my pelvis region those are the specific area when I feel the pain. Though mild but I feel uncomfortable.

modified..I went to the hospital and I was given some drugs(flagyl, ciprofloxacine, omeparazole and ketoconazole ,cos later I discovered this semi thick yellowish discharge and itching. The doctor said it is PID, the drugs were to be used for just 7days. the 7days is over now but I still feel the pain(in my upper and lower abdomen also on both sides of my stomach everyday, somtimes I have to wake up in the middle of the night due to the pain...its almost 4weeks now since its all started. Please help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 6:09am On Oct 05, 2015
LuckyG1:

Where is this discharge coming from?

What is perculiar about this fluid you experience differently after a discharge?

Hello Doc,

what I mean by fluid is sperm flowing out from the vagina. I was just trying to be modest that was why I used the word Fluid.

Please HELP.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2015
Good morning Doc, pls kindly inteprete and suggest solution. PELVIC SCAN : Uterus - Normal Size, Anteverted. Empty cavity, normal endometrial thickness, No fibroid. Ovaries - Normal size on both sides. No cyst. No mass. Urinary Bladder - Uniformly filled, normal outline. No Stones, no mass. Adnexae/POD - there's significant inflammatory tissue reaction in both Adnexae as well as in the pouch of Douglass causing poor interface between pelvic organs. There is no free fluid collection in the Pouch of Douglas.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
Perculiar:

Hello Doc,

what I mean by fluid is sperm flowing out from the vagina. I was just trying to be modest that was why I used the word Fluid.

Please HELP.

My Doctors please help SOS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2015
morning Dr, pls i want to know the best time to go for hormonal profile test. my gynaecologist said i shuld do it wen im on my next period, buh the lab scientist told me that it must be done 21days after my last period. im confuse.Awaiting your reply sir. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2015
Goodmorning doctor dis is my hormone test
Fsh 9 range is 5-25miu/mi
Lh 11miu [ 4-10miu\ml]
Prolactin 15ng range is 9-75ng
Progesterone is 23ng range is 5-25ng
Done on day3
Dr am Worried abt the high lh
Scan showed ovarian cyst[leutinized un ruptured folicular cyst
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Janix2:
Lh 11miu [ 4-10miu\ml]
Done on day3
pls how much did you do the test and when is the best time to do it. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Opejibola01:
pls how much did you do the test and when is the best time to do it. thanks

The best to do the test is day 3 of your cycle and day 21 of your cycle to test for progesterone
it cost me abt 12000 naira

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Janix2:

The best to do the test is day 3 of your cycle and day 21 of your cycle to test for progesterone
it cost me abt 12000 naira
Thanks for ur response, do u mean 3days or 21days after my period. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Opejibola01:
Thanks for ur response, do u mean 3days or 21days after my period. thanks
day 3 of ur cycle (the 3rd day of ur menses n the 21st day of ur cycle assuming its 28 days cycle). Hope ds helps.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 10, 2015
Janix2:
Lh 11miu [ 4-10miu\ml]
Done on day3
Madam.
You LH is not high.A one plus above is still okay,it will normalise all things being equal.Incapacitation of the ovary to be stimulated by LH to release an ovum can cause a high LH reflex,letting in for a cyst.It probably might mean,a non-ovulary phase for a cycle has taken place.

Goodmorning.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Opejibola01:
morning Dr, pls i want to know the best time to go for hormonal profile test. my gynaecologist said i shuld do it wen im on my next period, buh the lab scientist told me that it must be done 21days after my last period. im confuse.Awaiting your reply sir. Thanks

You have been answered accordingly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Perculiar:

My Doctors please help SOS

Madam.

Just ensure to be free in putting your complaint across simple and straight-don't be modest.Being modest hides many things.

This has been the common complaint with adult females nowadays.This condition on it own does not impede or neutralise the fertility of a woman,though by small percent affect a woman's psychology towards sex.Disturbing should it be,specific cause has hardly be sidelined.Some common clinical assumption taken to the background could be scarring of the endocervix,poor uterine cervix effacement(closing up) after sex,PID and slight uneven structuring of the interior side of the womb,although normal.On the male counterpart,it could be due to high seminal content(fluid) followed by a weak ejaculation or a general poor lashing of the pen.is into the vagina introitus.
Using the assumptions with reference to the male counterpart,doctors or sexologist may advice sex should be done on a different style-a sex behaviour to the comfort of both which may require the hip of the woman to be elevated.In otherwords,it may require some consciouness both on the side of the man and the woman to control ejaculation and personnally hold the pen.is and fused it in into the vag.ina.Better still,a doctor may advice the couple on doing a self or artificial insemination.

In toto,nothing is wrong with you until clinically diagnosed.Secondly,do a scan to know the condition of your womb and cervix.Lastly,see a physical doctor for a pelvic exam.

Morning.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2015
Chili89:
Good morning Doc, pls kindly inteprete and suggest solution. PELVIC SCAN : Uterus - Normal Size, Anteverted. Empty cavity, normal endometrial thickness, No fibroid. Ovaries - Normal size on both sides. No cyst. No mass. Urinary Bladder - Uniformly filled, normal outline. No Stones, no mass. Adnexae/POD - there's significant inflammatory tissue reaction in both Adnexae as well as in the pouch of Douglass causing poor interface between pelvic organs. There is no free fluid collection in the Pouch of Douglas.

Your scan result is okay.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 10, 2015
Pepemi:

suggest what I should do? I somtimes feel pain DURING and few days AFTER sex. I feel pains in my back/waist line, below my abdomen, around my pelvis region those are the specific area when I feel the pain. Though mild but I feel uncomfortable.

modified..I went to the hospital and I was given some drugs(flagyl, ciprofloxacine, omeparazole and ketoconazole ,cos later I discovered this semi thick yellowish discharge and itching. The doctor said it is PID, the drugs were to be used for just 7days. the 7days is over now but I still feel the pain(in my upper and lower abdomen also on both sides of my stomach everyday, somtimes I have to wake up in the middle of the night due to the pain...its almost 4weeks now since its all started. Please help me

Do the following and post results or send to my e-mail

1)HVS or ECS

2)URINALYSIS

3)URINE CULTURE TEST.

4)Scan on your KIDNEY/URETER/BLADDER.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 10, 2015
Pepemi:

1)HVS or ECS

2)URINALYSIS

3)URINE CULTURE TEST.

Perhaps,see a UROLOGIST/GYNAECOLOGIST for your healing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2015
mbula:
good evening doc, pls I need urgent reply. I'm a first time mum, my edd was 2nd of this month.thinking of going for an induction this week as doc said I should come with my bag next antenatal for it.my reason for elective induction is the weight of my baby via scan result which stated last week monday to be 4.0kg. everything is perfect with baby and I.baby is in appropriate position, just that I haven't got waist pain like pple say as sign of labour, no show nor membrane rupture.pls I am seeking ur opinion as to the induction.thank u

We already late on replying.Apology!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by calisha555(f): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
Good day doc in the house, I having problem wit my menstruation after I got treat from pid I went to see my doc as about 3month ago and he scan and he told me everything was OK so he wrote a drug for me name primolut N dt I should take for 2weeks after taking d drugs my period came for dt month dts July but I didn't see it d not month I went back to complain and he scan again and told me dt am too you to hv hormonal imbalance wich he prescribe oral contraception for me for two month and each month I saw my period but m jt scared cos I and my husband has bin trying for a baby I don't kn if u cn help us I don't kn wats actually wrong. Tank u waiting for ur reply doc in d house
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
LuckyG1:

1)HVS or ECS
2)URINALYSIS
3)URINE CULTURE TEST.
Perhaps,see a UROLOGIST/GYNAECOLOGIST for your healing.
Ok doc, tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
calisha555:

Good day doc in the house, I having problem wit my menstruation after I got treat from pid I went to see my doc as about 3month ago and he scan and he told me everything was OK so he wrote a drug for me name primolut N dt I should take for 2weeks after taking d drugs my period came for dt month dts July but I didn't see it d not month I went back to complain and he scan again and told me dt am too you to hv hormonal imbalance wich he prescribe oral contraception for me for two month and each month I saw my period but m jt scared cos I and my husband has bin trying for a baby I don't kn if u cn help us I don't kn wats actually wrong. Tank u waiting for ur reply doc in d house

Madam.

The only way we can help is to give some piece of advice reasonable to help you out of your predicament.What drug were prescribed for you to treat your PID? Also,were you having cases of missed periods or cycle-flow before being treated for PID?
Do you still have symptoms synonymous with the symptoms you had had before treating your PID?

Was an Hormone profiling done to diagnosed an hormonal imbalance? Do you experience nipp.le discharge often followed by or not followed by high blood pressure?

Primolut N is know in easing Amenorrheic condition but it is usually situation.It is not expected that Primolut N walks above the fence.In other word,it may not put a balance to your reproductive hormones.Nonetheless,it is graceful using it to ease the estrogen effect on the womb linings.This is the usual bleeding you see.Often,not the normal menstrual cyclic bleeding,but one profused by a synthetic progesterone which couldn't be synthesize in good concentration by the normal body routine.It is also a stick-to-use medication.

Our advice is simple,do an hormone profilings of your reproductive hormones,others of exclusive relevance should be your Thyroid-stimulating hormones too.Your man may see the need to have his semen analysed and androgen hormone profiling of his done.

Follow options of treatment and stay at it for the time required.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.