Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879721 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 15, 2016
pinkvirus:
pls doc I need to slim down.am done with all exercise. pls I need drugs to slim down.a mother of 2 100 kg

Goodmorning madam.

There is no miracle to slimming down.The best therapy and miracle to trimming low has always been doing some work-up exercise.The application of drug is of no direct summit to your quest,and could only help by the hindrance of some complex factors to help cause you to loss weight.This hindrance has its own side effects.Besides,on a stop of this medication the body fastly returns to its normal size.

Take to doing the exercise,diet control and water intake.Maintain an active life and stick to a habit of not taking food before bed atleast by 6pm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 15, 2016
MzDeeb:
Hello Doctor,

Pls i need some clarification on dis issues ;

1. I see my period twice in a month.. It happens like 8times in a year.

2. I finished my period on 31st July... I started spotting on 1st August up till 12th August. Today 13th August i have started another period fully.

Can u pls explain in details what could be the cause?

Goodmorning Madam.

Cases of Superovulation is rare.A case where an ovulation has taken place and soon followed by the spurt of another some days resulting from the stigmatisation of the other bilateral ovary is something less to be implicated to such a case as yours reason being,it is obviously rare and ovulation is a day process within cycle intervals.As much as i am trying to put to dissonance your simple suspicion,it is common to know that double to more ovulation may occur if an ovulation inducing medication was taken before the proliferative phase of a normal menstrual cycle.

Know this,in a normal cycle ovulation can only be a day process and its occurence is independent of the number of days of cycle-short or long.If you had been experiencing some days longer before another cycle,till this abrupt turn,what could this mean?

Females with shorter cycles often experience such turns as menstruation twice.No! You are not.The cycle has only gotten shortened by its own function,all the normal phases will correspond to this especially the proliferative phase giving rise to a quicker date to ovulation.However,this is normal if the turn resides within the normal days of cycle interval.

What if after a normal assumed menstruation,i still see some lasting flow?
The truth is that,a flow coming after ovulation is regarded as the main menstruation,any other that comes thereon is an anovulatory menstrual cycle and shouldn't be perceived as a normal bleeding so as not assume any fluctuation in cycle counting.This form of bleeding are intermenstrual and could be dysfunctional normal or abnormal.

Thirdly,the use of some medication could limit the proper phase of endometrial thickness leading to early bleeding.

If you suspect any changes that is abnormal with this in-cycle bleeding spurt,please see a doctor for a proper evaluation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2016
yettybaby112:
Dr, please i recently did a pelvic scan due to late & irregular messes and it shows that the left ovary has a prominent follicle within it, measuring 2.9cm in diametre. I am few months to getting married, please, what does the result means? Thanks

Morning Madam.

The implication of the health agent that did the scan matters alot.However,when an ovary is said to be dorminant or prominent,it could mean that the ovary located at that side may actually be the one whom the next ovulation is about to take a spike,or it just happened from there.

For the size? O! It is normal.From what was given by you regarding the scan done,you are okay.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by opmoore(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Doctors in The House please help analyse the attached result...My wife last seen her Period May28,and we ve done Pelvic scan everything is clear and she is not pregnant. The Doctor recommend Hormonal profile and HSG but we were advised to do the Menstrual Disorder Test...First...Kindly help explain the result (anything to Panic about) and also why she is having irregular period.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2016
opmoore:
Doctors in The House please help analyse the attached result...My wife last seen her Period May28,and we ve done Pelvic scan everything is clear and she is not pregnant. The Doctor recommend Hormonal profile and HSG but we were advised to do the Menstrual Disorder Test...First...Kindly help explain the result (anything to Panic about) and also why she is having irregular period.

Sir,

With a blurred vision of mine,may you please write it on board the profiling as typed?

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by opmoore(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2016
LuckyG1:

Sir,

With a blurred vision of mine,may you please write it on board the profiling as typed?

Thank you.

MENSTRUAL DISORDER RESULT
FSH-8.07
LH-57.03
PROLACTIN-14.24
T4-99.83

COMMENTS-HIGH LH
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2016
G[gqugpote author=wumik79 post=48359290]pls I have been having toilet infection for close to 3 years now. it started with iching,then to discharge n now its paining me seriously.
pls help out,what can l do[/quote]

Goodmorning Madam,

Let me freely say it that toilet as a place is not a cause to any infection.But the toilet could serve as a channel whereby if someone is exposed to its content the normal functional condition could be modified.For example,if on using the toilet and the perineal region(region just between the anus and the vagina) is not properly rinsed,fecal matters might have flunged over to the vagina mouth,on entering the vagina,it may cause changes to the acidity degree of the vagina.This change in pH may affect normal microbial activity of the vagina leading to symptomatic conditions mirrored to sexually transmitted infection.

Seriously,infection with either the upper or lower reproductive organ could show recurrence.Why?

1)Perhaps,you haven't been using the right medication for the diagnosed agent.

2)The agent responsible hasn't been well screened or known making berserk the management or treatment

3)Using one kind of medication almost all the time for same condition.When one is using same treatment for hardy infection,it only makes that strain of that organism better and strong making every subsidiary phase of infection worse.

4)Your sex partner not being treated along with you.

5)Treating an infection halfway.

6)Poor vaginal environment routine and hygiene

7)Increase use antibiotics leading to death of normal vaginal microbiota could overwhelm the pH of the vagina,leading to slow aggrieved fungal activities.

Inspite of this years of treatment and no,yes! yes! You are still being advised to go for a laboratory test-HVS or ECS.Follow sensitivity as written,stick to time duration for treatment and get your sex partner treated as well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2016
opmoore:

MENSTRUAL DISORDER RESULT
FSH-8.07
LH-57.03
PROLACTIN-14.24
T4-99.83

COMMENTS-HIGH LH

Please attach unit to each of the hormone,thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2016
For those the house is yet to give reply,please be rest assured that your plight is our concern.For me? I may not give reply wholely to all now but i will do my best and reply as much i can when i login again.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by opmoore(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2016
LuckyG1:

Please attach unit to each of the hormone,thanks.

i dont see any Unit but let me just attach all what is containned in the Document

MENSTRUAL DISORDER
Investigation. Result. Ref Value
FSH. ------ 8.07. ------ 3.11mIU/mL
LH. ------ 57.03. ------ 1.0-12.0mIU/mL
PROLACTIN(PRL). ----- 14.24. ------ 5.35ng/ml
T4. ----- 99.83. ------ 57.9-150.6nmoI/I

Comments :-. HIGH LH

That's all that is contained in the Test Result
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
opmoore:

i dont see any Unit but let me just attach all what is containned in the Document

MENSTRUAL DISORDER
Investigation. Result. Ref Value
FSH. ------ 8.07. ------ 3.11mIU/mL
LH. ------ 57.03. ------ 1.0-12.0mIU/mL
PROLACTIN(PRL). ----- 14.24. ------ 5.35ng/ml
T4. ----- 99.83. ------ 57.9-150.6nmoI/I

Comments :-. HIGH LH

That's all that is contained in the Test Result

Goodeven Sir,

Do you also observed that the FSH and her Prolactin were also above the normal?

Did she mention to you what phase of her cycle the profiling was done?

It is expected that days nearer to the onset of ovulation an adult female will experience a high LH surge with a downturn of FSH(although may still be high).The fall of FSH has always been to coincide with concomittantly with a high Estrogen,afterwhich leads into the progesterone phase.

If this profiling were done during her proliferative period assumably,then this LH surge is own to it.

However,there are certain conditions that could mediate against the sensivity of the gonad (ovary) to Gonadal stimulating hormones(LH and FSH).Such a condition could only cause increase of these hormones in the not use of them,notwithstanding estrogen may maintain a normal concentration but progesterone comes low.

A high prolactin is also an inhibit to normal ovulary phase of a female.The pathways of effect is complex,but a case of high serum prolactin always comes with menstrual discomforty and irregulation.She may experience some tense of nipple discharge and low drive to sex.The bottomline is,she may experience serious to slight infertility.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joyousmother2016: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello dr, I am 3 months post myomectomy. I am having a yellowish mucus discharge for about a month now. The discharge is not smelly but it comes out as a heavy discharge. Please what could this be?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
joyousmother2016:
Hello dr, I am 3 months post myomectomy. I am
having a yellowish mucus discharge for about a
month now. The discharge is not smelly but it
comes out as a heavy discharge. Please what could
this be?

Madam,

Honestly,some level of discharges through the vaginal introitus after a uterine myomas removal is necessary.This discharging may likely be copious and trenching at the onset resulting from uterine surface excoriation and sub-mucosal gland injury.The reason for this increase stems from the replacement of old injured gland and uterine surface.But as uterine tissues becomes clearly fortified,this discharging will ease off.

It is expected that after this exercise some antibiotics are prescribed to mind out uterine tissue inflammation.This may not actually stop the early discharging sprue but may stayed off microbial activities.Discharging lasting too long may either be some infectious activities,or just an ordinary copious activities of cell secreting mucinous mixtures...

If you are not comfortable with this,you are expected to run a laboratory test on that discharge and if nothing odd is lurking around,do have a peace stay,it will definitely stop.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MzDeeb(f): 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=48491799]

Goodmorning Madam.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by opmoore(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2016
LuckyG1:

Goodeven Sir,

Do you also observed that the FSH and her Prolactin were also above the normal?

Did she mention to you what phase of her cycle the profiling was done?

It is expected that days nearer to the onset of ovulation an adult female will experience a high LH surge with a downturn of FSH(although may still be high).The fall of FSH has always been to coincide with concomittantly with a high Estrogen,afterwhich leads into the progesterone phase.

If this profiling were done during her proliferative period assumably,then this LH surge is own to it.

However,there are certain conditions that could mediate against the sensivity of the gonad (ovary) to Gonadal stimulating hormones(LH and FSH).Such a condition could only cause increase of these hormones in the not use of them,notwithstanding estrogen may maintain a normal concentration but progesterone comes low.

A high prolactin is also an inhibit to normal ovulary phase of a female.The pathways of effect is complex,but a case of high serum prolactin always comes with menstrual discomforty and irregulation.She may experience some tense of nipple discharge and low drive to sex.The bottomline is,she may experience serious to slight infertility.

Thanks for the Reply.
Do we have any Reason to Panic?
How best are we going to treat it....Any advice?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aroh48(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello doc in the house,Can infertility caused by staphylococcus aureus be treated?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aroh48(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello doc in the house,Can infertility caused by staphylococcus aureus be treated after so many years of the infection?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aroh48(m): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello doc in the house,Can infertility caused by staphylococcus aureus be treated after so many years ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 17, 2016
Aroh48:
Hello doc in the house,Can infertility caused by staphylococcus aureus be treated after so many years ?

Goodmorning Madam,

What made you think your infertility is linked to S.aureus?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2016
@doctor, thank you for a job well-done on the thread. I had a successful myomectomy done in January to God's glory. I took some injectable to assist with ovulation in July, I had ovulation pains and spotted mid cycle. I baby danced on CD 7, 12 and 14. I used folic acid, vit E, vit b6 and started duphaston on CD 17 but I was surprised when my menses show up on CD 25.
Sir, could it be that duphaston doesn't help implantation so I won't take it during this cycle and can I try clomid this cycle?
I need your advise sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aroh48(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
LuckyG1:

Goodmorning Madam,

What made you think your infertility is linked to S.aureus?
I hv been having the infection for some time,I went for test and it was linked to S.aureus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by faithful2: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
I had miscarriage of two weeks pregnancy,when can i start planning for another pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cherpret: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
good evening doctor, pls I had unprotected sex on d 6th of this month, and today is the 46th day of my cycle, I ran a urine pt this morning and it came out negative. any advice??
NB: I use an app to calculate my cycle, and its 12 days late. I had clear discharge just like ovulation discharge. (21/08/2016)
I also ran a serum pt on 22/08/2016 n it was negative. what should I do
Cc: LuckyG1
kathyekiti
(posted on 30/08/2016)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by biihema: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2016
biihema:
Good day Doctor, I would like a clarification on something. Last week I noticed a little dark brown discharge on my pants. Why I am concerned is that the smell is like that of when one just finished the monthly period. Meanwhile, I am currently on the jadell implant (since last year February after given birth) and I have not seen my period since then. Few days after doing the implant I noticed that it will expire November 2016 (this year) and I was advised to remove it this year( I have the intention of removing it this October).
My question is could it be the implant has started misbehaving or what. Pls I await your response. Thanks
Cc: Rukkington, Candance, Alemo50
cc LuckyG1
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kikiposhbabe(f): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hi doctor, pls my friend has a little problem she have been having yeast infection for like 3years now, she has been to different hospital even teaching hospital and she getting married soon my questions are
1. Can chronic yeast infection cause infertility 2. How can she put an end to this yeast infection cause she have spent a lot on this thing and it refuses to go somebody help pls don't jump and pass I take God beg una
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kateobi: 6:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Pls Dr help
Am a lab scientist i did a serum Pt test for myself last 2months and it was positive, went 4 a scan nothing . had my menses did urine pt test was negative. A month latter did another pt same thing happened only dat menses was late or didnt want to show up . 2days latter which has neva happened and dat same i had typhoid immunization mayb dat y d menses came did urine again still negative and serum positive and dis d 3rd month dat i noticed it. Pls advice me what to do ppppllllllsssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by speak2femz: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2016
my lady has been experiencing lower abdomen pain for about 4 days now.the issue is it. comes only in the evenings.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sisisioge: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2016
kikiposhbabe:
Hi doctor, pls my friend has a little problem she have been having yeast infection for like 3years now, she has been to different hospital even teaching hospital and she getting married soon my questions are
1. Can chronic yeast infection cause infertility 2. How can she put an end to this yeast infection cause she have spent a lot on this thing and it refuses to go somebody help pls don't jump and pass I take God beg una

Babes, the best way to get rid of yeast infection after the doctor's order is strictly adhered to is to not repeat your underwear again in a long time. Buy like 12 dozens. By the time you wear the 144th, the virus abi na bacteria will have died. Maintain serious hygiene.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelszx: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2016
kateobi:
Pls Dr help
Am a lab scientist i did a serum Pt test for myself last 2months and it was positive, went 4 a scan nothing . had my menses did urine pt test was negative. A month latter did another pt same thing happened only dat menses was late or didnt want to show up . 2days latter which has neva happened and dat same i had typhoid immunization mayb dat y d menses came did urine again still negative and serum positive and dis d 3rd month dat i noticed it. Pls advice me what to do ppppllllllsssss

And you are a lab scientist na wa oo well the resources are available for you to work with. Do a serial PT test if you are truly pregnant all will be positive or better still a B-HCG test. And sorry to ask is ur "lab scientist" the Medical one?
BTW I'm a Medical laboratory scientist
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by esthybam(f): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Doctor's in d house pls help me out. I do av a severe burning pain in my left leg from my wsist down, it is usually a terrible pain. Ds is the result of the test i went for.I don't no wot all D's mn.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by patcie15(f): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hi doctor, please i need your assistance on how to delay my menstrual flow, I want to go on a vacation and its going to come within my trip and I usually have very heavy flow. I want to know if there is any drug I can use. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.