Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879709 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by simplyglow: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2016
candance:

Congrats simplyglow on your pregnancy.please go to the hospital if you have not done so.ur dr myt ask to run sm tests and also place you on bedrest.pls don't entertain fear,U will not miscarry IJN.think positive
Follow this pregnancy thread ma. https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high

Thanks a lot for your advice, I spoke with my doctor last night,he told me to take a bed rest and stop the worries.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jellos: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Dr. I need an interpretation on this pelvic scan result please: The uterus is normal in size AP 41MM with smooth outline and heterogenous myometrial echogenicity.

Endometrial layer is well defined with thickness of 4MM.

No fluid in POD.

The left ovary is enlarged,it measures about 14mls containing multiple(more than 12)follicles that are less than 10mm in size.

The right ovary is enlarged containing a thick walled complex cystic mass with diffuse fibrinous stands in situ. The mass measures 34mm/22mm(about 17mls).

Thanks, await your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gynny(f): 1:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Secondary amenorrhea is a type of amenorrhea. There are several factors which cause amenorrhea, and this can be quite confusing for a lady. Click on the link below to read more on amenorrhea, causes of amenorrhea and some treatment options.
http://www.gigihealth.com/secondary-amenorrhea-youve-not-seen-your-period-for-more-than-3-months-and-youre-not-pregnant-read-this/
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favourishgift: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
Good morning. please am 26yrs and newly married. I have been trying to conceive for about 4months now but to no avail. my menstruation within these months were not like my usual
l period. I meet with my husband almost every day but I don't know exactly what is happening. I have feelings as if I was pregnant but late
r will see my menstruation which is not like my usual period. please I need an answer to this problem as am totally confused about this. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nhikhy: 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
pls doctor, I did pelvic scan and the result was empty uterus with POD collection seen. can U pls tell me the meaning and what should be use to cure it and hope it won't affect my chance to conceive. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Omoabejide(f): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2016
G
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2016
favourishgift:
Good morning. please am 26yrs and newly married. I have been trying to conceive for about 4months now but to no avail. my menstruation within these months were not like my usual
l period. I meet with my husband almost every day but I don't know exactly what is happening. I have feelings as if I was pregnant but late
r will see my menstruation which is not like my usual period. please I need an answer to this problem as am totally confused about this. Thanks in anticipation.

@ favourishgift, I will advise u to go for pelvic scan to know the condition of your uterus and also run hormonal assay test to check your prolactin level, progesterone and d rest. The hormanal assay test is done on CD 3 and CD 21. CD 21 is for progesterone only and CD 3 is for prolactin, FSH etc. This will show to a certain extent why u av not been able to concieve.
Also, do u know when u usually ovulate? if u don't calculate your ovulation period properly, it might be another reason y u av not conceive.
Tell your dh to run sperm analysis test too to know if all is well with him
Baby dust to u

Note: 4 months is still very early to get worried about pregnancy. Docs advise to wait a year before complaining if u are below 35years. Anxiety can also delay conception. Try not to be too anxious.
U will conceive soon

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tami90(f): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello doctors in the house. I'm 29 and just married with no children yet.i had movement around my tummy, white discharge without odour sometimes thick sometimes watery and pain on right side during my period last month ( the pain lasted for 8hrs). After my period I went for 2 pelvic scan and 2 at different lab. One said 10mm dilated fallopian tube and concluded salfingitis and the other concluded i was ok that should go for HVS test. I went for the HVS and the result was moderate staph aureus. I went back to the hospital and the doctor prescribed ofloxacin, ketonazole and nystatin insertion for 10days, diclofenac (5days). Just yesterday afternoon had menstrual symtoms and noticed a very dark brown blood till night. This morning it became the normal red menses. Please what is the reason for brown discharge. Your response will be appreciated.
Cc: omicron
Baxilexi
LuckyG1
Matrix199
Joygalore
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tami90(f): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tami90:
Hello doctors in the house. I'm 29 and just married with no children yet.i had movement around my tummy, white discharge without odour sometimes thick sometimes watery and pain on right side during my period last month ( the pain lasted for 8hrs). After my period I went for 2 pelvic scan and 2 at different lab. One said 10mm dilated fallopian tube and concluded salfingitis and the other concluded i was ok that should go for HVS test. I went for the HVS and the result was moderate staph aureus. I went back to the hospital and the doctor prescribed ofloxacin, ketonazole and nystatin insertion for 10days, diclofenac (5days). Just yesterday afternoon had menstrual symtoms and noticed a very dark brown blood till night. This morning it became the normal red menses. Please what is the reason for brown discharge. Your response will be appreciated.
Cc: omicron
Baxilexi
LuckyG1
Matrix199
Joygalore
Someone help a sister in need please am begging
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tami90(f): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ajgal10(f): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2016
Hello Doctors in the House.
I am a 26 yrs old Female and being experiencing certain symptoms i don't understand. March 2015 immediately after my menses i started having severe abdominal and body pains, the nature of this pains were sharp in abdomen and also the both sides of my waist so i seeked medical attention from BUTH. Firstly, i was recommended to take a test in which the Doc said Alkaline was found in my Urine and could be a sign of kidney stones, he recommended i take lots of water and further referred me to undergo a scan and Xray from which nothing was found. I have since then been having same symptoms and a new test confirmed heavy growth of E.Coli, i was placed on antibiotics and i repeated the test and same heavy growth of E.Coli. My Doc feels it's nothing serious but been reading eextensively, dont want to start developing complications because my tummy feels bloated, and i am noticing a decline in my physical strength. I need a Gynae or experienced Medical practitioner Within Festac and Environment to please provide his/her details for consultation pls.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2016
Tami90:
Just yesterday afternoon had menstrual symtoms and noticed a very dark brown blood till night. This morning it became the normal red menses. Please what is the reason for brown discharge. Your response will be appreciated.

Brown discharge before the normal red blood during menstruation is retained old blood from last menstrual circle. That is y it is brown in colour

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
Rukkington:

pls @ Rukkington, i am in ib, i want ask some questions. kindly send ur whatapp number to me on Adexbj4real@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Good Morning, pls Doc in the house shld help me interprets this hormonal result;

Prolactin 229miU/L ( 105-550)
LH 15.4 IU/L ( Follicular <10.0)
FSH 18.4 IU/L ( Follicular <12.0)
Estradiol 0.03nmol/L ( Follicle 0.07- 0.60). TIA
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olasmith10(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Comprehensive ultrasound Atlas with obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, and small parts modules prepared by seasoned clinicians available both soft and hard copy.
Call us today: 08168529179, 09052249142
Or mail us: mikeandmegmedicals@yahoo.com or mixxy200@yahoo.com
Addressed; 24 Allen avenue, Ikeja, Lagos

Let's go medical......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olasmith10(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2016
Nhikhy:
pls doctor, I did pelvic scan and the result was empty uterus with POD collection seen. can U pls tell me the meaning and what should be use to cure it and hope it won't affect my chance to conceive. thanks

Empty uterus result in ur pelvic scan simply means there is no traces of gestation for now. If u think u are pregnant u may either wait for some weeks and conduct the same test again or rather go for a trans vaginal ultrasound scan..meet ur doc concerning the POD collection so dat further test ll done..If the above u posted posted are to go by, u shouldn't v a problem conceiving.. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hi doc, a friend of mine recently had a miscarriage, anytime she has sex with her husband, she bleeds, please what can be done? She has bin trying to conceive for 3 years, yet no issue, tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by supermum850: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2016
Please gynae in the house, I got a positive pregnancy test since July 17th, 2 weeks after I started bleeding, went to the hospital and was just put on bed rest , I have done transvaginal scan and shows uterus is empty, only thickened endometrial wall. The doctor refused to give any drug to stop the bleeding despite test still remained positive . After almost 2weeks of bleeding he has decided to give me primolut depot injection for 5days. Please Gynaecologists should I go ahead and take it? Cos I have already taken my fate that I have lost the pregnancy cos I recently passed out clots
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alemo50: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2016
supermum850:
Please gynae in the house, I got a positive pregnancy test since July 17th, 2 weeks after I started bleeding, went to the hospital and was just put on bed rest , I have done transvaginal scan and shows uterus is empty, only thickened endometrial wall. The doctor refused to give any drug to stop the bleeding despite test still remained positive . After almost 2weeks of bleeding he has decided to give me primolut depot injection for 5days. Please Gynaecologists should I go ahead and take it? Cos I have already taken my fate that I have lost the pregnancy cos I recently passed out clots

If after a positive pregnancy test you are bleeding, there the possibilities are miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Since ultrasound has shown empty uterus, ectopic is likely. The next best step for your condition is to do beta HCG assay twice 48 hours apart. If the levels double the it is normal intrauterine pregnancy that cannot be detected yet by routine transvaginal scan, in which case you should go for tranavaginal scan of 4D Doppler ultrasound. If the levels rise slowly, then it is miscarriage/ectopic. If the levels drop significantly, it is failed pregnancy and you should confirm with 4D transvaginal scan to know if you will need evacuation. NEVER USE PRIMOLUT WHEN THE PREGNANCY TEST IS POSITIVE. (Professor Obsterics/Gynaecology)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alemo50: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Meanwhile, Doc in the house, good job you are doing
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by biihema: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2016
Good day Doctor, I would like a clarification on something. Last week I noticed a little dark brown discharge on my pants. Why I am concerned is that the smell is like that of when one just finished the monthly period. Meanwhile, I am currently on the jadell implant (since last year February after given birth) and I have not seen my period since then. Few days after doing the implant I noticed that it will expire November 2016 (this year) and I was advised to remove it this year( I have the intention of removing it this October).
My question is could it be the implant has started misbehaving or what. Pls I await your response. Thanks

Cc: Rukkington, Candance, Alemo50
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wumik79: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
pls I have been having toilet infection for close to 3 years now. it started with iching,then to discharge n now its paining me seriously.
pls help out,what can l do

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by supermum850: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2016
@ Alemo50,I did a transvaginal scan also which showed nothing in the uterus and couldn't trace source of bleeding. This is over a week and still bleeding. I reside in Lagos and was using a very good hospital but now I have lost hope in the gynae( he delivered my 2 other kids ). Can u kindly link me with a good gynae or hospital because this is the 3rd miscarriage in a row and I'm really worried. Patiently awaiting ur response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 12, 2016
Dr, please i recently did a pelvic scan due to late & irregular messes and it shows that the left ovary has a prominent follicle within it, measuring 2.9cm in diametre. I am few months to getting married, please, what does the result means? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tumpatis: 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
right now you need to be patience and just follow the doctors treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joyousmother2016: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hello dr, I am 3 months post myomectomy. I am having a yellowish mucus discharge for about a month now. The discharge is not smelly but it comes out as a heavy discharge. Please what could this be?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MzDeeb(f): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hello Doctor,

Pls i need some clarification on dis issues ;

Can u pls explain in details what could be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pinkvirus: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2016
pls doc I need to slim down.am done with all exercise. pls I need drugs to slim down.a mother of 2 100 kg

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.