Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,479 members, 7,958,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895776 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamapendo: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
Menstrual cycle. Soory abt dat. I mean can I count d day of the evacuation as day1 of my cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by filcast(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
hi doc,
My wife gave birth to our fist son 5 months ago.3 months later her menstrual cycle resume almost same dates as before she got pregnant. However,this month is different as she is yet to see her period and its already 1 week late.her pregnancy test says negative.pls i want to know if this is normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
mamapendo: Menstrual cycle. Soory abt dat. I mean can I count d day of the evacuation as day1 of my cycle.
Start counting from the last day of your menstruation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
filcast: hi doc,
My wife gave birth to our fist son 5 months ago.3 months later her menstrual cycle resume almost same dates as before she got pregnant. However,this month is different as she is yet to see her period and its already 1 week late.her pregnancy test says negative.pls i want to know if this is normal.

There is nothing wrong with your wife. Give her time. Her menses will flow. Take good care of your son.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by filcast(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
ACM10:

There is nothing wrong with your wife. Give her time. Her menses will flow. Take good care of your son.
happy to hear that. Thanks a lot.i got worried because i thought once her menses resumes after the few months following childbirth,it should continue without more interruption.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by filcast(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
ACM10:

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by justsmile(f): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
ACM10:

I have to make a general statement here.

1. Staphylococcus aureus neither causes urinary tract infection(UTI), nor sexually transmitted infections(STI).
Staph. aureus is part of the microbes that lives freely on our skin as normal flora. So much misinformations from charlatans.
Staph aureus in the test sample is a contaminant as a result of poor technique.

2. You don't do any form of investigation arbitrarily. Investigations must be requested by the attending physician or surgeon.

3. Don't take medication without doctors approval. Only doctors have the competence to prescribe drugs based on the clinical scenario presented to them. Anyone that insists on self-medication
should be ready to live with its consequence(s).
cool

Coming to your post.
1. She should maintain a proper body hygiene.

2. STOP VA.GINAL DOUCHING with soaps, antiseptics or hot water. Va.ginal douching can only be done once in a while with LUKEWARM water..

3. Finally, I hate to prescribe any form of medication online, but I got to do this one. Buy mycoten cream and apply it liberally in and around your private part for one month. I expect you to finish a tube every 3 days.

If your condition fails to improve. Meet a gynaecologist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
justsmile:

hi doc, based on this response of yours, i just want to be clear.... is it the vu.lva alone that should be washed? can inside the va.gina be washed with just water or should be left and only the vu.lva region be washed alone? cos i've heard so many opinions on this that have got me a bit confused. some say inside the va.gina can be washed with only water while others say it should not be washed at all,it is self cleansing. so pls can you get this cleared?! thanks.
Naturally, va.gina is self-cleansing, but some of our activities inside there like douching, inserting contaminated fingers introduces infective organism into it. The infective organisms decomposes some substances in the va.ginal secretion, with the emission of gas, leading to the offensive odour. Washing of va.gina includes the vu.lva and introitus(inside). But should be done with lukewarm water ONLY! You may do it like 3 times per month. You might choose not to wash if you don't perceive offensive odour from it.

I have another question pls. Apart from the Hymen which is at the opening of the Va.gina in a Vir.gin, is there any other lump of flesh inside the vagina this time that is to be popped too? Sorry, my question might sound funny but i need some clarity here. Never had sex so i don't know what is obtainable. Whenever i wash inside my va.gina with my middle finger, i touch this lump of flesh. It has always been there. Before now, i used to think that's the hymen but i guess it's not cos this one is few inches inside my va.gina while the hymen is at the opening of the va.gina. Or is that the cervix?! Pls get this sister cleared cos am kinda concerned. Don't want any obstruction when i get married. So pls, is that normal?! thanks

grin
You want to learn anatomy of the va.gina. There is nothing wrong with you. Ok. Google "anatomy of the female reproductive organ". Yes, cer.vix is a lump of flesh that pops out deep into the va.gina. It connects va.gina to the uterus(womb).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cool83(m): 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hi doc,my gf was raped many yrs ago,and disvirgin .she didnt have sex since then,but now she use to have pains and i couldnt penetrate her .what could have happen,i need your reply.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hello docs in the house,more grease to your elbow.i had a razor bumps at my pant line after shaving late july it has refused to go rather it seems to be spreading to thighs and vulva like boils.have been using warm water to wash but it seems new ones spring up .NB. 22 WEEKS PREGNANT so scared.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stevecares(m): 7:20am On Sep 22, 2012
Please help me! I was treated for malaria and typhoid fever few weeks ago. And am on blood pressure and palpitation medication. Am having this blocked nose on my right nose and a mild cough feeling in my throat, that would not stop. I think it has been more than two weeks. What could be the course and what can I possible do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anjyskye: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hi doc, had myomectomy sugery done in jan, by march pus was coming out frm it was told my body did not absolve d suture n it was removed since then d wound has not heal up just 2 stiches. Used eusol and savlon to clean n cicartrin powder n ampiclox. What can be done?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pwettytemmy(f): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hi doc, I can c you're really doing a good work here, weldone. A close sister in law needs answer to those questions as she confided in me. Is it normal to miss ur period for a whole month without bn pregnant cos she weren't intimate? Though d period is back n normal bt she's scared this might av effect in future cos she was molested years back as a small child.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bimbols4u: 12:39am On Sep 25, 2012
Hi Doc,

I went for a scan, Please I would like to know what it means and its health implications.

The scan reveals:

A non-gravid, anteverted, normal-sized uterus measuring about 56mmx 44mm x48mm(Longitudinal x AP x Transverse)with inhomogenous myometrial echo-texture. Uterine outline is lobulated at the anterior uterine segment. Endometrial plate is noted. No intra- or extra-uterine gestation seen. No retained products of conception. A well defined, ovoid-shaped, echopenic solid mass measuring about 18mm x 16mm (anterior, subserous) is noted within the anterior uterine segment. Features are consistent with Subserous Uterine Myoma (small sized). No complex ovarian cyst noted. Sizeable echo-free fluid collection is noted within the cul-de-sac, ? Patient on menses. Adnexae are relatively free. No gross ovarian lesion noted. Both ovaries are normal in size, shape and echo-texture.

IMPRESSION: SONOGRAPHIC FEATURE DEPICTS:
-NO CYESIS
-SUBSEROUS UTERINE MYOMA(SMALL SIZED)
-PID

N/B: HVS+ Urine MC/S,
HSG for Tubal Patency,
Hormonal Profile,
Folliculometry,
Husband's SFA advised.

Please I need an elaborate explanation on this. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by diva90: 3:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Hi doc,
I have just been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I have irregular menstrual cycle. Pls what advice can you give to me? I'm 22 and have bn having regular periods until just 2 mnths ago. Will my periods eventually become regular or is this something I will have to live with?
I'm just worried abt the eventual issue of being able to conceive in the future. Irregular ovulation poses this great problem.
You can also email me with more info, I will be glad ... Sweetebony90@boostmobile.blackberry.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by justsmile(f): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2012
ACM10:
Naturally, va.gina is self-cleansing, but some of our activities inside there like douching, inserting contaminated fingers introduces infective organism into it. The infective organisms decomposes some substances in the va.ginal secretion, with the emission of gas, leading to the offensive odour. Washing of va.gina includes the vu.lva and introitus(inside). But should be done with lukewarm water ONLY! You may do it like 3 times per month. You might choose not to wash if you don't perceive offensive odour from it.

grin
You want to learn anatomy of the va.gina. There is nothing wrong with you. Ok. Google "anatomy of the female reproductive organ". Yes, cer.vix is a lump of flesh that pops out deep into the va.gina. It connects va.gina to the uterus(womb).

tnx doc! grateful! want to ask another question that might sound silly but let me hold my peace! tnx again!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hello doctor,

For some months now, I noticed that about a week to the next period I become feverish with serious migrane headache and my eyes feel dry. But immediately the period shows up, I feel very okay. What could be causing this.

When I complained to the medical person treating me, she said my progesterone is low that I should increase my intake of vitmin b6, vitamin E and m2-tone. Somebody also suggested I should buy progesterone tablet and start taking immediately after ovulation. Am trying to get pregnant and I dont know if all these hormone treatments am taking are messing up with my system. There is an injection she gives ( i cant remember the name but must be an hcg) very early in the morning of my ovulation day, I dont know if it is what has caused my hormones to become imbalanced.

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DeGenius3(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
your help is highly appreciated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by samuel72(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
please doc. what can a woman do to correct her hormonal imbalance?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by barbiedoll2: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
Na prayer sure pass,dere is notin God cannot do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hello folks! I've been busy this week. Not particularly active here. My cousin uses my handle to post on this forum too. That explains my pseudo-activity here. I will attend to all your enquiries during the week. Keep it coming.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by paparazzo: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
dear Doctors,
Gudday, 2weeks ago my girlfriend complained to me that she was having cramps and feeling tired.... Yesterday i took her to a hospital,she had two test ULTRASOUND AND BLOOD TEST bt both came out negative. This is wat wz shown on the ultrasound test result.
*NORMAL MYOMETRIAL ECHOES AND OULTINE SEEN
*THE ENDOMETRIAL PLATE IS SEEN AND APPEARS NORMAL
*NO CYESIS OR RETAINED PRODUCT OF CONCEPTION IS SEEN
*NO EVIDENCE OF INTRA/EXTRA UTERINE LEIOMYOMA SEEN
*BOTH OVARIES SHOW NO OBVIOUS ABNORMALITY.
*THE ADNEXAE AND POUCH OF DOUGLAS APPEAR FREE

SONOGRAPHIC FEATURES DEPICT-*ANTEVERTED UTERUS
*NO CYESIS/RETAINED PRODUCT
*NO INTRA/EXTRA UTERINE MYOMA
*NO OVARIAN LESION
*NIL ADNEXAE/POD
*ESSENTIALLY NORMAL PELVIC/UTERINE SONOGRAM.

The blood test came out Negative yesterday but why did she miss her period and she havent seen it up to this hour.*PLS DOCTOR HELP ME* THANKS.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by angela11: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2012
Hello doctor. Pls what can a pregnant woman take for diarrhea during her first trimester? Thanks 4 ur anticipated reply and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by santagelo25(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ACM10

Sp.erm analysis on its own is insufficient reason to order for a testicular biopsy. There must be hormone analysis.
I will tell you why this is important. There are 2 important areas in the production of male sex hormones in the body. They are the brain(hypothalamus and pituitary gland) and the testis. Hypothalamus produces the gonadotrophin releasing hormones(GnRH) which stimulates the pituitary gland to produce follicle stimulating hormones(FSH) and luteinizing hormones(LH). FSH and LH stimulates the testis. LH stimulates the Lehdig cells which produces testosterone, while FSH stimulates the Nurse cells which provides spermatozoa and substances that nourishes the sp.erm cells. So, it flows like this:

GnRH--->FSH & LH--->Testosterone

The level of each hormone in the system is tightly controlled through negative feedback mechanism. Therefore when the testosterone level is low in the system, a testosterone sensor in the brain will instruct the brain to produce more of FSH and LH to stimulate the testis to function in the production of more testosterone. If the testis fails to function, the LH level will double down with in the level of LH. The process continues till infinity. Thereby overflogging the testis. There is a level that FSH and LH will attain before we can safely say that there is primary testicular failure. Then the doctor is justified to perform a testicular biopsy. It's just like flogging a dead horse. So when the sex hormone analysis demonstrates very high level of FSH and LH in the presence of very low level of testosterone indicates primary testicular failure.

Mind you that sex hormone analysis may also indicate if there is hormonal imbalance. This can be corrected and your fertility restored. Therefore, sex hormone analysis is imperative in the management of your condition.

Here is the analysis

Colour------ Greyish white
PH---------- 8.0
Viscousity----- Moderately viscous
Consistency----- Transparent
%Sluggish----- Nil
Active ----- Nil
%Dead ---- Nil
Volume --- 5mls
Motile Spermatozoa --- 0%
Spermatozoa concentration ---- Nil
Total Spermatozoa count -- Nil
Mean Progressive Mobility -- NIL

Thanks a lot.

@ACM10... I have gone for the test and here is the result

Investigation Result Normal Value Remarks
LH 10.2 1-11miU/ml NORMAL
FSH 13.8 2-12miU/ml HIGH
Prolactin 4.4 1.0-7.5miU/l NORMAL
Testosterone 5.0 6.4-31.6nmol/l LOW

comments: High FSH level : Low progesterone concentration.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by walmart: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hello doctor, my husband did a SA and it shown the count is low, 5ml. Our gyn suggested ivf. We already have a daughter that is two conceived naturaly, we heard about FertiAid for men so we purchased it. Please will these help the count?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beedam(f): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2012
A
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chinkelly(m): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
Doctor, some time last year I noticed a small growth on the right side of my penis shaft. It is painless tho but I noticed it is spreading gradually on its base. Am thinking of going 2 go and av it cut off as it causes me much embarrassment. Pls wat could dat be? Thank u 4 ur support.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
pwettytemmy: Hi doc, I can c you're really doing a good work here, weldone. A close sister in law needs answer to those questions as she confided in me. Is it normal to miss ur period for a whole month without bn pregnant cos she weren't intimate? Though d period is back n normal bt she's scared this might av effect in future cos she was molested years back as a small child.
It is not normal to miss a period but I will not say it is totally out of place if it happens.It must not be a frequent occurence though.But in one sentence,tell her to eat healthy meals. Eating fruits,green vegetables will give her a big plus.

Bimbols4u: Hi Doc,

I went for a scan, Please I would like to know what it means and its health implications.

The scan reveals:

A non-gravid, anteverted, normal-sized uterus measuring about 56mmx 44mm x48mm(Longitudinal x AP x Transverse)with inhomogenous myometrial echo-texture. Uterine outline is lobulated at the anterior uterine segment. Endometrial plate is noted. No intra- or extra-uterine gestation seen. No retained products of conception. A well defined, ovoid-shaped, echopenic solid mass measuring about 18mm x 16mm (anterior, subserous) is noted within the anterior uterine segment. Features are consistent with Subserous Uterine Myoma (small sized). No complex ovarian cyst noted. Sizeable echo-free fluid collection is noted within the cul-de-sac, ? Patient on menses. Adnexae are relatively free. No gross ovarian lesion noted. Both ovaries are normal in size, shape and echo-texture.

IMPRESSION: SONOGRAPHIC FEATURE DEPICTS:
-NO CYESIS
-SUBSEROUS UTERINE MYOMA(SMALL SIZED)
-PID

N/B: HVS+ Urine MC/S,
HSG for Tubal Patency,
Hormonal Profile,
Folliculometry,
Husband's SFA advised.

Please I need an elaborate explanation on this. Thanks and God bless.

This is the summary of the result above.
1.Your uterus is ok
2.A small sized subserous uterine fibroid is seen = [Subserous Uterine Myoma (small sized)]
3.PID=Pelvic inflamatory disease seen

Advice from the scan
1.Go for HSG an x-ray that shows the inside and surrounding of the Uterus and fallopian tubes.
2.Also go for hormonal assay.
3.Go for Folliculometry test to measure the size of your follicles using ultra-sound.
5.Husband adviced to go for Sperm Funtional Analysis (SFA)

So make haste and do those tests.Wishing you all the best.

uteh: Hello doctor,

For some months now, I noticed that about a week to the next period I become feverish with serious migrane headache and my eyes feel dry. But immediately the period shows up, I feel very okay. What could be causing this.

When I complained to the medical person treating me, she said my progesterone is low that I should increase my intake of vitmin b6, vitamin E and m2-tone. Somebody also suggested I should buy progesterone tablet and start taking immediately after ovulation. Am trying to get pregnant and I dont know if all these hormone treatments am taking are messing up with my system. There is an injection she gives ( i cant remember the name but must be an hcg) very early in the morning of my ovulation day, I dont know if it is what has caused my hormones to become imbalanced.

Thank you.

It is important we know the name of the injectible she is administering to you and why.

walmart: Hello doctor, my husband did a SA and it shown the count is low, 5ml. Our gyn suggested ivf. We already have a daughter that is two conceived naturaly, we heard about FertiAid for men so we purchased it. Please will these help the count?

Yes it will, but he will get faster result when used with count boost.If I may ask where did you buy the fertilaid and em... how much.Thanks.

beedam: My baby stopped sucking breast about 2months ago and I notice if I press my breast,milk still do come out.can I get a solution to this in a week and if yes which drug should I buy cos my husband will be back home in a week and wt he enjoys most is sucking breast. how do I get a solution asap cos I dnt wnt him to look outside cos he has been holding on and he kept on asking me hw far abt the fluid each time he come home.help needed urgently

Mum,chill now.Do not bother,it will dry up.It is usually nature's way of protecting you from getting pregnant whilst still nursing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stephanieoghogh: 6:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Good day doctor,i didn't get a response to my post,as you askeed me some questions of which i replied over 2months now...please i need your advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by walmart: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
walmart: Hello doctor, my husband did a SA and it shown the count is low, 5ml. Our gyn suggested ivf. We already have a daughter that is two conceived naturaly, we heard about FertiAid for men so we purchased it. Please will these help the count?

Thank you. We will buy the boost. I bought FertilAid in Amazon website. Three months supply $77.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enigift: 8:42am On Oct 15, 2012
Please doctor do you know any prenatal genotype screening centers in Nigeria.please the cost and success rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.