Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879936 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enigift: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Doc.please I didn't get an answer to my question
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enigift: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Prenatal genotype screening centers in Nigeria and the cost pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:44am On Oct 16, 2012
stephanieoghogh: Good day doctor,i didn't get a response to my post,as you askeed me some questions of which i replied over 2months now...please i need your advise
Just read through your question.Have you seen a doctor lately?What did he prescribe for you or rather what you have used or done about it and what is the current postion now?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Edichasam: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tnx Doc4ur kind help.pls i nid clerification.i hav a fiance dat experience irregular menses,say once in 2 month for d past two years,last 3month it became regular but d flows do last from 13-16days and she's just about 21years old.&can Duofem correct such anormalies?i nid ur help sir because she's seriously dsturbed by ds incidence.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dazzler1: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
Hello Doc Kathy God bless you,
1. What is the probability that a woman with blood group O-(negative) will give birth to O- baby with O+ husband?
2. A woman who did not know about Rhogam while she had miscarriage at two months pregnancy, is it possible for her not to have developed antibody against future babies?
3. If O-(negative) woman fails to take Rhogam, is it possible for her to test whether she has developed antibody against O+ while the woman is not pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tgr8t4all(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Doc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omocheche(f): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hello Dock,
I had a fibriod surgery 7months ago, now my meastration do not last for more than 1 ay or two, what do i do please?
thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kingdomsta: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hello all,
there is so much talk about OPKs. Can anyone suggest a reliable one that can be purchased in Lagos. Also there is the story about Basal Body Temperature Thermometer. Is BBT sold in Nigeria and where if I may ask.
I will appreciate response to my mail box otesolar@yahoo.com if there is any information that you may not want to share here.
Thanks

chrystee: Hello Doc,
Please I really need your advice. I am a 25years old female with a regular 28day menstrual cycle lenght. Since i was a teenager, around the 14th or sometimes 13th day of my cycle, i usually feel a nagging pain in my lower right or left abdomen(mostly the right) and exactly 2weeks later, i get my period so i felt that i could conclusively say that the pain indicates ovulation. I have been married for a year now and i try to have intercourse few days leading up to the day i feel the pain and few days after but i havent been able to concieve. last month, i and my husband went to the hospital & we were sent for some tests. The result of my hsg showed that my left tube was blocked,my hormone profile was okay,my husbads sperm count was 41million which they also said was okay. I dont know the next step to take. i also tried using Ovulation prediction kits twice but i got an invalid result. Also i dont get the egg white cervical mucus around my fertile days.My doctor has put me on clomid twice. First was 5omg from day 5-9,second was 150mg from days 5-9 but it still didnt work. I try not to stress over it but am so scared as during my 8year courtship with my husband before we got married, i only concieved once after an episode of pid. Pls doctor, what do you think should be the next step for us.Right now we are not undergoing any treatments,we are just taking pregnacare & wellman vitamin suppliments. Thank you and God bless as you reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beedam(f): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
A
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stephanieoghogh: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
infogenius:
Just read through your question.Have you seen a doctor lately?What did he prescribe for you or rather what you have used or done about it and what is the current postion now?
i hAve used nothing yet.and it is atill watery which flows without control....tanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Thanks to infogenius and ACM10 for taking the baton from Dr Kathy.
God bless the two of you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kamalcole(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pls doc,is placenta maturity grade II@ 22 weeks in pregnancy normal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kingdomsta: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Good day Doc,
please my question is still unanswered. I will appreciate your response on an Ovulation prediction kit that will be accurate. Tried some of those test strips but can't seem to get an accurate result. I have seen one of the OPKs online that is computerised. Im interested in knowing if any of that type is sold in Nigeria and how much it goes for. Also Basal Body Temp thermometer if it is sold in Lagos and what the range of price is.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

THANKS.

[quote author=kingdomsta]Hello all,
there is so much talk about OPKs. Can anyone suggest a reliable one that can be purchased in Lagos. Also there is the story about Basal Body Temperature Thermometer. Is BBT sold in Nigeria and where if I may ask.
I will appreciate response to my mail box otesolar@yahoo.com if there is any information that you may not want to share here.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stephanieoghogh: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
infogenius:
. Gooday doc,was hoping it would stop §☺̴̩̩̥ i haven't seen a doctor yet,no treattment yet,waat do u advise i use
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by igagbonla: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hello Doc.,thks sir.I bid help, am married for 4yrs now with no issuemy wife is not preg. once.Medical results says Statph.Aureus.We av tried both herbal &chemotherapy but noting, I usually av boil, can't go more than a round in sex,always releases b4 my wife comes around ,way can I do am getting impatient eventhough I don't look it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loliporp(f): 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
kathyekiti: @ nenebran
The normal menstrual cycle is 21-35 days but there is a lot of variation. It is more important to determine whether you are ovulating with these menses than the interval between them. As long as you are not bleeding for extended periods of time, I would say you are a normal variant. Good luck

Hi Docs,
A̶̲̥̅♏ new here,Reading d above response,i kw U̶̲̥̅̊ would hv a better idea of М̣̣̇Ɣ case , hv been ttc for 3yrs witout a single success,hv been diagonised wit hormonal inbalance. ,mild hyperprolactineamia ands pcos .i suffer frm heavy clotted bleedings that won't supside witout d aid of drugs like;dicynone,ibruprofen,tranexamic acid,this is always temporal as d bleeding starts 1c d drugs wear out.

Dis mnth i started a new cycle on d 18th being cd1 but as @ cd8 i was still bleeding se®iously М̣̣̇Ɣ doc suggeste a scan 2 rules a out fibriod or polyp of any kind here is d result

Findings: A normal sized empty retroflexed empty uterus (47x47x45)mm wit a normal homogeneous echogenicity is noted .The endometrium is uniform thickened (12mm) .Both ovaries are normal sized (Rt 45x26x30;Lt48x34x30)mm. The right showsa maturing follicle 12mm. The POD and adnexae are normal.

But yestiday being cd12 i felt ovulation pain in М̣̣̇Ɣ right ovary but i was still bleeding lightly but i dnt exitate 2 bd is it possible. 2 ovulate n get preg wit dis ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jessamy: 6:05am On Oct 31, 2012
ok, so my daughter was born 4 weeks ago... and im wanting to have another child. The midwifes and all the healthcare providers since she has been born have been asking me what form of contraception i want to use...

Previous to my last pregnancy i was told that i had a 2% chance of ever getting pregnant because i dont ovulate (or didnt) as i dont produce enough progesterone...

I beleive that the issue was due to being on the pill since i was 13/14, then at 15 having the implant in my arm, then going back onto the pill up until i was 18/19...

so i really dont want to take anything...

And i dont want to use condoms, because after using them i cant sit down for a week (sorry if tmi) due to bad reactions.

I do want another baby... but i dont want to fall pregnant too soon after having #1 as i have read there may be complications (i had obstetric colestasis and pre eclampsia and also pitting edema in my last pregnancy so i was a high risk anyway)

how soon would you reccomend trying again...

and what natural methods would you use as not to turn sex boring?

all answers welcome x
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2012
I'm feeling pains on the left side of my tummy, wat could be the cause? I'm worried, could it be caused by pills?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2012
loliporp:

Hi Docs,
A̶̲̥̅♏ new here,Reading d above response,i kw U̶̲̥̅̊ would hv a better idea of М̣̣̇Ɣ case , hv been ttc for 3yrs witout a single success,hv been diagonised wit hormonal inbalance. ,mild hyperprolactineamia ands pcos .i suffer frm heavy clotted bleedings that won't supside witout d aid of drugs like;dicynone,ibruprofen,tranexamic acid,this is always temporal as d bleeding starts 1c d drugs wear out.

Dis mnth i started a new cycle on d 18th being cd1 but as @ cd8 i was still bleeding se®iously М̣̣̇Ɣ doc suggeste a scan 2 rules a out fibriod or polyp of any kind here is d result

Findings: A normal sized empty retroflexed empty uterus (47x47x45)mm wit a normal homogeneous echogenicity is noted .The endometrium is uniform thickened (12mm) .Both ovaries are normal sized (Rt 45x26x30;Lt48x34x30)mm. The right showsa maturing follicle 12mm. The POD and adnexae are normal.

But yestiday being cd12 i felt ovulation pain in М̣̣̇Ɣ right ovary but i was still bleeding lightly but i dnt exitate 2 bd is it possible. 2 ovulate n get preg wit dis ?

From the test results,everything seems normal except that your uterus is tilted backwards but that should not be an issue until the doctor says so.For the PCOS,what have you done about it since you have been diagnosed?
To your question,I do not quite get it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wendy80(f): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hi Doc,
This is my 1st comment on this thread.....I'm 19wks pregnant and had sex with my hubby last week tuesday aand since then I've been having painful contraction...I wento c my Doc n was treated 4 UTi and was also give ventollin n som pain reliver but the pain persist, so on thursday I was given diclofenac injection which reduced the pain........but I stil feel the pain from time to time.....whatt can I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loliporp(f): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks 4 answering М̣̣̇Ɣ Q,Was on metformine for few months.but der was no noticed improvement as i was still suffering frm irregular bleedind. Then М̣̣̇Ɣ Doc started treating wit progestin injections for 5wks but dat dnt help either.

Presently hv bleed for 19days, М̣̣̇Ɣ doc prescribed dicynone and ibrufen 2 stop d bleed but its nt effective as i still bleed.nw he wants me to get all dis;

1.Combined OCP
2. Metformin 500mg bd
3. Aspirin 75mg dly
4. Bromocriptine 2.5mg bd
5. Depo provera injection 150mg stat.

But A̶̲̥̅♏ scared cus A̶̲̥̅♏ ttc and hv heard so many tins about provera dat i don't like,pls advise.God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by igagbonla: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2012
Doc.,welldone sir,
Thank you for the great job you arte doing here,pls can you kindly give an answer to my question pls.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jacklin123: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2012
postpartum depression

Postpartum Depression Treatment - In Many cases we have noticed that the new mothers undergo severe symptoms of postnatal depression or baby blues. Learn how to overcome and face these situations of postpartum depression.

[url]http://www.postpartumdepressiontreatment.org/
[/url]

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2012
I need a response, feeling a numb pain on the left side of my tummy, I'm worried about it cos I once used a pill? Any solution
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nwaka1: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Doctors in the house pls i need help and advice. i have been trying to concieve since i got married since dis year.my husband is impotent but he releases sperm anytime we make love, i try to guide him inside me and he releases and sometimes i reach orgasm too.but i have fear that he might not be able to get me pregnant as the sperm doesnt go deep inside and it pours out even after lying down for awhile.please advice me, i desperately need a child. though its not quite long we got married but am still scared.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2012
nwaka1: Doctors in the house pls i need help and advice. i have been trying to concieve since i got married since dis year.my husband is impotent but he releases sperm anytime we make love, i try to guide him inside me and he releases and sometimes i reach orgasm too.but i have fear that he might not be able to get me pregnant as the sperm doesnt go deep inside and it pours out even after lying down for awhile.please advice me, i desperately need a child. though its not quite long we got married but am still scared.

If you are desperate then take steps.What has been done about his impotence.It is the quality of sperm that really matters,let him have a fluid analysis and also make sure you ok.If the fluid is good then half of the battle is won.I will advise he seeks medical attention and can start taking garlic and honey.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nwaka1: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2012
the erectile dyfunction is as a result of an operation he did some yrs back and since that time he has been scared to do another one. thanks Dr, i will sure ask him to do the test. God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jbgurl: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
O

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.