Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879400 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
What does it mean to have a bulky and empty uterus homogenous cycle measuring 94*34m? Is dis abnormal nd does it have any effect
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebayosuraj(m): 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
pls doctor my frnd have Hepatitis B does is have cure,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by zizz(f): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Gud day doc, pls my hubby noticed that his right laps had a cold tingling sensation which made him uncomfortable, after about 2wks I had same this time around spreading from my right lap to behind ie my right bum and also on d right side of my vagina noticed a little itchy rash,it disapears and comes after a while esp during my period which for d past 2yrs comes in thick drops.I had a scan done and it showd all ok,CM appears normal. Am in late 30s with a 3yr old kid n TTC. Please kindly assist, as am tryin not to worry, hank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoka2: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
@loliporp
I noticed a thing in ur cd8 scan, eventhough u were still bleedg seriously, ur endo thickness was 12mm and a follicle size of 12mm was seen. This means d bleeding was not really as a result of endo shading.I want to teLl u that u actually Oed on cd12 when u noticed d O pain and yes its possible to get pregnant if u can try to bd at that time. I don't understand why u shd be placed on aspirin why u are already hving uncontrollable bleeding, pls don't take any aspirin under this condition, it will worsen d condition because aspirin is a blood thinner. And why is he also placing u on provere doesn't he know u are ttc? Am not a doctor if I were u I will go a cycle without any med, then do another scan at cd11 to check for follice and do d needful even if there is still bleeding. All d best dear.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lana75(f): 11:22am On Nov 28, 2012
pls doctor God bless u as u provide me wt d solution!I did Cesarean section (c/s) wt my first baby because d baby was very big.What do I do if I want to have my next baby through virginal delivery? How long do I wait to get pregnant again? What do I do? pls tell me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olayiwolaaims: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
adebayosuraj: pls doctor my frnd have Hepatitis B does is have cure,
What do you mean by cure?.. hep B can be manage successfully ..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olayiwolaaims: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
Lana75: pls doctor God bless u as u provide me wt d solution!I did Cesarean section (c/s) wt my first baby because d baby was very big.What do I do if I want to have my next baby through virginal delivery? How long do I wait to get pregnant again? What do I do? pls tell me
What will determine weda you will have a vaginal delivery is the type of incision in your last CS...and this can be answer by the doctor that did last CS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by slushia(f): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2012
Hi doctor,iv bin married for almost 3yrs now,and battling with infertility,had one failed ivf early dis year.the thing dat is buggin me is dat,I don't notice any changes in my body anymore before my period like it used to,just slight cramps,no painful breast etc,so I'm wondering,is it possible dat I don't ovulate anymore?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ofefegirl: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hello Doctor,

Am sorry, my story may seem a bit long. But i intend giving you the full medical history so you could advise me.
Sometime in year 2009, i took a family planning injection meant to last for only 3months but surprisingly, i kept bleeding for a whole year (non-stop). At a time, the hospital advised i should go on Primolut-N which i did and i noticed that the blood flow stops at one point after a while, it will start again. I was on Primolut N for a long time and afterwards the blood flow stopped.
When the flow stopped, my menstrual period all stopped flowing as i did not experience menstruation for over 5-6months.
it started again on its own but wasnt regular. But i just kept my calm and since i dint feel any pains or any reason to fear, i just felt it will normalise again someday. But to my shock, about 5 months back now, my period comes regularly but for a period of about one month non-stop. On seeing this, i reported to a doctor who recommended a scan and i was told the report showed a tiny(very little) fibroid but that there was no reason to fear as it occurs in EVERY woman (i was surprised though).

As i write now, i have been experienceing both menstrual flow/pain since the 2nd day of November and uptill last week, it continued. I visited a doctor last week who placed me on Primolut N again and i have been using same (2ce a day). The flow stopped but after 3 days of usage, the flow/waist pain continued despite my continual use of the drugs.

Pls i need your advise as i dont even know what next to do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by latifatai: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2012
Hello Doc,
I have a case here, my gf has been having issue conceiving since we got married mid 2011 but without success.
After 6months of TTC, we went on thorough analysis (ultra_scan, hsg, hormonal assay and seminal analysis)
The summary of her analysis shows that she has fibroids and ovarian cysts.
My result shows moderate growth of staph aureus with other analysis indicating normal results.
She therefore had a myomectomy which was a very successful one. Fibroids were extracted from her. But after the surgery, so many things changed, her periods became unstable and continue to have whitish n itching discharge.
She was recommended HVS which revealed she has a fungi infection. We were both placed on drugs (diflucan).
The gyn administered her some injection which regularised her period back to normal. However, the cycle changed from 35days pre-surgery to 32day post-surgery which has been consistent for about 3months now.
She ran another HVS which indicates moderate growth of candida albican & staph aureus
My major concern now is that we have been TTC for over a year now without success, how can you help and what is the implication of the last HVS.
Ppls reply ASAP
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loliporp(f): 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Docs on this thread pls i will appreciate if ma question on d medications is answered.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cool83(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
Helo doc,my gf was molested 9yrs ago when she was 17,she was treated.now i find it difficult to penetrate her,nd told her 2 fingering herself for some time,during the proces she was bleedn 4 three days,dark blood like comn out,what could cause this,recently we met but was painful,just cryn.pls respond
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2012
Y
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
chaircover:

hello debranie I am not a doctor but I am talking just woman to woman. I think that you should ask him. Calmly, not judgmental and with no drama. There may be reasons and he may not even know the side effects of the drug. so give him the benefit of doubt.

It is from his reaction/response that you will know where you are going regarding all this. Knowledge is power and until you find out the genesis of all this, why, the whats, the hows etc you cant really make any informed decisions.

Nothing of such importance should be hidden from ones spouse to be . . . . So first things first . . .Ask him.
@Chaircover thank you for your candid advice. I really appreciate it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by precious2002: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
Doctors in d hse, May God bless u 4 d gd work u're doing. My question: How many months am I supose to wait b4 tryg to conceive after undrgoing operation to remve Fibroid? My gyny saíd I can start tryg imdtly. Pls I need ur opinion\advice. I'm 41 yrs & had d surgery in Nov. 2012. I await ur response. Thnx & God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tetede: 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hi dr, I had my 1st child 4yrs ago n stopped breastfeeding 3yrs ago n uptil now I still av milk in my breast. Unable to concieve. Cud d milk be d problem? Though it does not come out until I press hard. How do I stop d milk patapata?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by opeoluwa2(f): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hello doctor,
Pls I need an answer urgently.
What kind of evacuation would you need for a 6weeks old miscarriage?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by flairlady(f): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
my mentrual flow last at most two days,not even up to 24hrs and its very light,it flows and stops and continues again during one period,for eg,i start my period yesterday,no flow today at al,tomorrow the flow continues again,doctors in the house,is this normal?am 23 years,and it has always been like this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dr Kathy,
I am in Nigeria presently. Pls could u prescribe drug/s for the treatment of ovarian cyst. In case of foreign drugs, I could source for it in a foreign pharmaceutical stores here in Nigeria or arrange for it from UK. Also drugs to increase/induce ovulation.

Thank u.

My email address is. Josdanz@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2012
Dr kath, a scan showing that someone is havin a functional follicle cyst in her right ovarie. The size is 2.8cm, is it enough to prevent pregnancy? Pls enlighten me. And possible solution. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2012
Hi friends. I'm back after a long hiatus. I will be going through the thread and answering as many questions as I can. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2012
@leranzo

A functional cyst is normal and part of your cycle

@meridian
There are several different types of cyst. All women of reproductive age will have a cyst depending on when in their cycle the ultrasound was done

@flairlady
It sounds normal to me. I wouldn't worry as long as you are cycling regularly

@opeoluwa
So sorry to hear of your miscarriage. The procedure is a d&c
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2012
@tetede

I would suggest you stop pressing the breast. The condition that causes milk and affects fertility is called hyperprolactinemia. As long as you are cycling monthly, this does not seem to be the issue

@precious2002
Do you know where and how big the fibroid was?

@nchees
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be patient and try to avoid stress. Take comfort in the fact that you were pregnant once and hopefully will be again

@cool83
Sounds like she is traumatized. I don't think there is anything physically wrong here. Be patient and supportive. If what to do doesn't come easily, just imagine if the shoe were on your foot. How would you view intimacy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2012
@debranie

I agree with the advise you've been given here. However, I have to think that he knows about this issue since the test was done prior to the birth of his child. Be gentle.

@ofefegirl
Fibroids are very common. The injectable contraception can cause irregular bleeding. I would stop taking any meds and use condoms in the interim. This will give your periods a chance to regularize

@slushia
I doubt it but a day 3 fsh test will give you an idea of how your ovaries are doing

@lana75
I agree with olayiwole. It is important to know the kind of incision that was made on the uterus
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2012
@latifata

How big were the fibroids? Staph and candida are part of the flora of the body

@adebayosuraj
Hep b has no cure but can be managed. There is also a vaccine available

@zizz
I would advise a exam and culture while you have the rash

@queenlabisi
Seems like normal dimensions.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dominique(f): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2012
Good to have you back Dr. Kathy. The forum wasn't the same without you smiley.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mightlove(f): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, dr kathy is back. Welcome back dearest dr, your were truly missed and like dominique said, the thread was not same wothout you. Please, dont leave again for this long.
I had a number of questions qnswered by you in my 1sr pregnancy , 2009. Now i am in my 27th week on the 2nd preg, will visit here from time to time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fibbonachi: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
Dear doctor pls I need ur help, my gf has been on some anti-biotics due 2 some bacterial infection.since early Nov. Lst month her period came only 4 2dys which I dnt knw if is abnormal. since lst wekend(Friday-) she has been xpecting her period but is not forth coming.I knw we v had safe sex, so my problem is wts d cause of her not seeing her period cos she has gone 2 take Gynococede dis afternoon.2ndly do u think d infection is affecting her menstrual cycle. What should we do NW cos we are both worried.pls reply ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.