Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27472 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:
Partially agreed.

I do think fundamental blame should lie with the people or teaching that are not civilised enough to respond with violence.

Other religions and their icons get ridiculed frequently and yet we do not get these periodical and moronic savage responses.

Others get agree and shout, then leave it.

We must never tolerate savagery even if done in the name of religion.

Extremism comes in different ways in all the religions... In Islam, their extremism is about Muhammad. In Christianity, it comes in different forms, from racism(KKK), to IRA type of extremism, and anti-immigration type of extremism - and I don't need to remind you that the tea-party members in America are Christian extremists as well... In Judaism, the zionists are the extremists - and I don't see any outcry when Palestinian women and children are bombed almost everyday by zionists...

Extremism is in all religion - but we've been indoctrinated so bad, that we all love to do selective reading... undecided

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

The fact that you have to resort to insults to buttress your arguments make you unworthy of my time outside of this post on this thread.
You have been noticed, now buzz-off.

Make sense and I will not need to call you moronic.

Otherwise shut up.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by kundul: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
Brainwashed asshole
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHouse: So it takes any tom di.ck or harry to pick up a camcorder and shoot a non-Hollywood clip to send the entire middle east haywire? I've since known these sets of people are lesser than animals. Meanwhile Obama is a weakling, the reason why the U.S is looking more like a joke and toothless bulldog on the global scene. Only Israel, Canada got the balls to call a spade a spade because they saw the bigger picture.

He Obama must make a firm military action against the perpetrators so as to convey a statement that the united states won't take this lightly. Failure to to this is akin to making their embassies in the Arab nations endangered but i seriously doubt he'd do that, a cowardly closet muslim.

If they want this menace not to spread and repeat itself in the future.

America and her allies MUST restore Saif Gaddhaffi and Gamel Mubarak to power ASAP and leave Syria to decide her Fate.

Then, will you shut these fanatics up.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

Extremism comes in different ways in all the religions... In Islam, their extremism is about Muhammad. In Christianity, it comes in different forms, from racism(KKK), to IRA type of extremism, and anti-immigration type of extremism - and I don't need to remind you that the tea-party members in America are Christian extremists as well... In Judaism, the zionists are the extremists - and I don't see any outcry when Palestinian women and children are bombed almost everyday by zionists...

Extremism is in all religion - but we've been indoctrinated so bad, that we all love to do selective reading... undecided

And your point is?

Who told you there is no outcry when Zionists kill Palestinians?

There is no outcry when KKK/IRA or whatever kill people?

What is your point? Why are you telling me this crap?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Meaningless anarchy has achieved what Osama bin Laden never achieved, killing a top US citizen in an Arab state. You had better widen your horizon.
Is this a 'cretineous' reasoning or what? How do you define an achiever?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by haruna1970(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
The hen will always come home to roost. cryThe hen will always come home to roost.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
pro01:

You dey mind that mumu? My problem with the 'liberal' muslims (if there is any such thing) is that instead of rebuking the extremists in their midst, they start getting defensive and insecure and rationalise their actions. That's why I find it difficult to make distinctions between good and bad muslims. They all fucking piss me off. The REASON for the attacks is clearly stated: i.e. because a film was made purportedly mocking their religion. Rather than address this clear fact, a bloody m0ron prefers to laugh in Korean and talk about "attacking Americans". What nonsense.

It is not a matter of being defensive. How does a protest turn into a precise military style attack? I haven't commented on other countries but this one is a top-class strategic hit by well-trained militants who are not unfamiliar with the Americans. You will continue to have headaches as long as your aim is to justify to yourself that Islam is what it isn't, it won't make sense to you and you will never understand it. Enjoy your migraine.

#Hahaha

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:
And your point is?

Who told you there is no outcry when Zionists kill Palestinians?

There is no outcry when KKK/IRA or whatever kill people?

What is your point? Why are you telling me this crap?

But has anyone ever labelled these different groups as "extremists" and demonise their religions, the way everyone demonises Islam?? I'm not an Islam apologist and I'm also not a big fan of the religion(or any religion) - but it seems Islam is the only religion that's getting the wrong side of the stick...
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by nagoma(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: Is this a 'cretineous' reasoning or what? How do you define an achiever?

One who attains his goal. (You don't have to approve it.)
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by TalkingBird: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
The fall of Babylon the Great is eminent

(Revelation 18:1-3) 18 After these things I saw another angel descending from heaven, with great authority; and the earth was lighted up from his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! 3 For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.”

Babylon the Great
: the world empire of false religion will be devastated soon.

(Revelation 18:9, 10) 9 “And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by splashbaby(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Islam must deal with extremist and criminals using the Quran and Mohammed to kill and maim others. If they dont ɑ̤̈nϑ kεεp quiet as usual...Soon innocients Muslims will become victim of repraisal attacks from G☺☺ϑ people ɑ̤̈nϑ †ђε West!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by tyson55(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
I almost never watch movies but this one I simply have to see!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Partially agreed.

I do think fundamental blame should lie with the people or teaching that are not civilised enough to respond with violence.

Other religions and their icons get ridiculed frequently and yet we do not get these periodical and moronic savage responses.

Others get agree and shout, then leave it.

We must never tolerate savagery even if done in the name of religion.

I can't disagree with what you wrote but something to ponder.

We have to be pragmatic in our thinking and actions rather than ideological.

Irresponsible and unguarded comments and actions have led to the the deaths of many, including in places like Nigeria.

Will condemning the actions of a savagery bunch of religious fundamentalists bring back those that have died?

Will it prevent further savagery and deaths in the future?

In the mean time, life moves on, the dead are forgotten by all except their loved ones.

Until the cycle repeats itself. Islamic leaders haven't shown the desire to dissociate Islam from such medieval violence and until they do, the rest of society must be pragmatic and sensible.

I place such a high value on human life that I believe that, if other things must give, for life to be spared, then so be it. Particularly, when that life is that of an innocent bystander, in the right place at the wrong time.

In any case, we are yet to see the 'brave' idiots who make incendiary speeches, movies, cartoons facing Muslims. If they believe so much in the points that they want to make, then they should responsibly make such comments in Islamic countries where they become the targets rather than innocent bystanders.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
The evil that u.s. goes causing around the world,particularly what they caused in Libya last year hasn't even started living with them yet. When e start ehn, I go happy wella. Stupid bullies & poke-nosers. All the same, R.I.P. to the ambassador (that's still human life at the end of the day.)

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Far right attacks will increase in the West reminiscent of 9/11/2001.

Cmon, this happen on 9/11/2012.

Is this a COINCIDENCE

There is a missing link I suppose.......
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by b03liberty(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
ambassador no bullet proof na wao! undecided undecided undecided
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
nagoma:

One who attains his goal. (You don't have to approve it.)
In your little mind, you also forgot that their a difference between an ultimate aim and a partial fulfillment.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: Is this a 'cretineous' reasoning or what? How do you define an achiever?

It is reasoning way above your league. #LOL. Osama bin Laden would have loved to achieve something like this, it isn't that he didn't want or plan it but his opponents caged his ability to deliver such a blow. If you have deep reasoning, you would know that this occurrence goes beyond meaningless anarchy and virtually every time things like this happen, there are unseen hands coordinating them from hidden places and for hidden purposes. The Prophet (SAW) was insulted/assaulted in his lifetime, how did he react? Compare that to these reactions and connect the missing links.

Oh! I forgot, it is actually beyond your capacity to do so.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

But has anyone ever labelled these different groups as "extremists" and demonise their religions, the way everyone demonises Islam?? I'm not an Islam apologist and I'm also not a big fan of the religion(or any religion) - but it seems Islam is the only religion that's getting the wrong side of the stick...

No 1,

You are telling me people do not label IRA as extremists?

You are telling me people do not label KKK as extremists?

You are telling me people do not label Zionists as extremists?

No 2,

Why do you think Islam is the one always getting majority of the stick?

You think people just feeeeeeeel like picking on them? They just wake up in the morning and say "let me pick on Islam/Muslims"? Or there is plenty overwhelming reasons why they get the stick?

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
JOB WELL DONE. PLS KILL AS MANY MORE AS POSSIBLE, COS WHEN THEY KILL, THEY ENJOY IT. I WONDER WHAT THAT PROSTITUTE WIFE OF HIS WILL TELL OBAMA WHEN HER HUSBANDS BODY IS BROUGHT BACK.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Katsumoto:

I can't disagree with what you wrote but something to ponder.

We have to be pragmatic in our thinking and actions rather than ideological.

Irresponsible and unguarded comments and actions have led to the the deaths of many, including in places like Nigeria.

Will condemning the actions of a savagery bunch of religious fundamentalists bring back those that have died?

Will it prevent further savagery and deaths in the future?

In the mean time, life moves on, the dead are forgotten by all except their loved ones.

Until the cycle repeats itself. Islamic leaders haven't shown the desire to dissociate Islam from such medieval violence and until they do, the rest of society must be pragmatic and sensible.

I place such a high value on human life that I believe that, if other things must give, for life to be spared, then so be it. Particularly, when that life is that of an innocent bystander, in the right place at the wrong time.

In any case, we are yet to see the 'brave' idiots who make incendiary speeches, movies, cartoons facing Muslims. If they believe so much in the points that they want to make, then they should responsibly make such comments in Islamic countries where they become the targets rather than innocent bystanders.

Agreed!

Absolutely well said.

We have to get tired of barbaric reactions from one group all the time though.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

It is reasoning way above your league. #LOL. Osama bin Laden would have loved to achieve something like this, it isn't that he didn't want or plan it but his opponents caged his ability to deliver such a blow. If you have deep reasoning, you would know that this occurrence goes beyond meaningless anarchy and virtually every time things like this happen, there are unseen hands coordinating them from hidden places and for hidden purposes. The Prophet (SAW) was insulted/assaulted in his lifetime, how did he react? Compare that to these reactions and connect the missing links.

Lol. Am a mental giant. You dont have to explain, the question is rhetoric. Sagamite defined your logic well.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Princek12(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

The best way to leave together both Christian and Muslim is to learn how to respect each other religion.. Disrespecting prophet Muhammed or publishing that may aggravate tension among us should be prohibited.. Imagine that nigeria journalist in 2002 uttering rubbish, that Denmark cartoon about prophet Muhammed, that Pakistan Boy that fled to uk for protection that wrote the satanic quran,the burning of quran by American soldiers and now the recently air uk TV comic about Islam was greeted with wide spread of critism from Islamic clerics n followers this scorn and disrespectful act towards Islam should be stopped and must be stopped... Learn to respect Islam and accomodate Islamic teaching in ur Christianity ways that way we will all live happily...

So your point is that anytime someone publishes something or acts in a way that Muslims find offensive, Muslims should respond by killing innocent people, most of whom have nothing to do with the situation? Why can't Muslims show their disapproval of the message in peaceful way, rather than engage in acts of violence? What happened to freedom, including freedom of speech? What happened to the religion of peace?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: And how do you come about this?

Oh my God! Please just keep quiet. Don't say more..
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

So basically your point is that others should ignore the fact of Muslims demonstrating against an American movie which led to the deaths of Americans and instead focus on the conspiracy theory of unseen puppet masters who had other aims??

And this is because you want to defend your religion?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Builder: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
ismhab: ANY BODY WHO HAD HAND IN GHADDAFI'S DEAD, BY THE GRACE OF GOD HE WILL DIE THE WAY GHADDAFI WAS KILLED.

10.9 Million likes

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Jubilee12: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
[quote author=pro01]

You dey mind that mumu? My problem with the 'liberal' muslims (if there is any such thing) is that instead of rebuking the extremists in their midst, they start getting defensive and insecure and rationalise their actions. That's why I find it difficult to make distinctions between good and bad muslims. They all fucking piss me off. The REASON for the attacks is clearly stated: i.e. because a film was made purportedly mocking their religion. Is it defensible to attack another because of a damn film? Do other religions do that when they are mocked - as they frequently are? Rather than address this clear fact, a bloody m0ron prefers to laugh in Korean and talk about "attacking Americans". What nonsense.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I am yet to see one Muslim on this forum condemn this act. Are they claiming the death of the Ambassador for this cause was right? Instead they try to rationalize it with what the American's are doing or have done in the past. Can a Muslim just please answer this question straight and direct, "was it right for them to protest and kill these Americans based on the production of a movie that depicted Islam wrongly? Did these American produce the said movie to deserve such death?" with easily accessible online avenues of communication how does the Muslim community intend to still control peoples diverse views and reactions to their religion? Because this will not stop!

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by iyeyemi: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

The best way to leave together both Christian and Muslim is to learn how to respect each other religion.. Disrespecting prophet Muhammed or publishing that may aggravate tension among us should be prohibited.. Imagine that nigeria journalist in 2002 uttering rubbish, that Denmark cartoon about prophet Muhammed, that Pakistan Boy that fled to uk for protection that wrote the satanic quran,the burning of quran by American soldiers and now the recently air uk TV comic about Islam was greeted with wide spread of critism from Islamic clerics n followers this scorn and disrespectful act towards Islam should be stopped and must be stopped... Learn to respect Islam and accomodate Islamic teaching in ur Christianity ways that way we will all live happily...

Just like those buffoons in libya, you are no different from an animal. I have heard countless islamic sermons against Jesus and xtianity and nobody gets killed. Here you are justifying the killing of someone who probably didn't even know the movie exists. So if someone else disrespects your religion you have the right to kill anybody for it. Animals

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Jubilee12: 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

You can't be serious! shocked
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Oh my God! Please just keep quiet. Don't say more..
Again you are losing priorities. Employing past questions to attack the present loopholes is the greatest sign of schizophrenia.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by nagoma(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: In your little mind, you also forgot that their a difference between an ultimate aim and a partial fulfillment.

I have no time for a Wally like you. Now scram !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Russian Ambassador To Turkey Assassinated By Turkish Policeman In Ankara / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.