Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27470 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by linearity: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
pretty_boi:

Well said. A lot of people don't know how terrible,wicked & selfish that country called u.s.a is. I'm not a Muslim & I'm also not Arab, I'm proudly Christian,African & Nigerian but I like to be logical & rational rather than be sentimental. U.S. cooked up so many lies last year so they could attack Gaddafi,a lot of blind people bought their lies & they killed Gaddafi & Libya that was a relatively peaceful & calm country under Gaddafi's government today is headed towards being another Iraq. U.s. has done these same things in Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya etc & see how all these countries always turned out eventually- CHAOS. Now the same u.s. wants to turn Syria up-side-down. Also,it's the same thing they are trying to do in Iran & I'm afraid if they push Iran to the limit there might be another world war. I really get disgusted by u.s.a.'s bully & poke-nosing attitude & so any time it backfires against them I don't feel pity or compassion.

...So what made you think that the death of an ambassador is some sort of 'backfire' and not part of the grand plan? The last time a US ambassador died in similar circumstance was in 1979 in guess, where?, yes it was Afghanistan....fast forward to today...Afghanistan is now a now a target site for all kind of military warfare, weaponry testing, etc...

The US economy is driven by a huge defense complex that profits from wars...infact they welcome world war, because war is a catalyst to grow the economy and can even jolt a country out of recession.

In 2008, the US defense budget was 48% of World defense budgets (Sub-Saharan Africa was 1%, Central/South Asia 2%, Latin America 3%, Russian 5%, Middle East/N. Africa 6%, East Asia/Austria 8%, China 8%, Europe 20%)..

These bombs, war planes, ammunition, grenades, missiles, etc...need to be tested, expended to make room for the next production line...

As we speak, the US Marine are on their way to Libya...

For those who believe in Jesus, the only end to this will be the coming of Jesus Christ and those who do not believe in such thing....world war III will be a welcome relief...whoever emerges the quickest from that war becomes the world defactor king for the next world order....hopefully Nigeria or some other African Country will emerge quicker.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by strangest(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
I think we are all fighting for FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF THIS AND THAT... It is really sad that a religion will always start a fight as soon as their late leader is embarrassed

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
White007: The "government" in Libya is clearly not in control of that country. Unfortunately, this will remain the situation for a while.

Tell me about it.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by abdulkayus(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
As a muslim, i abhor violence esp if its against d innocent ones. Accordin to d media, d ambassador die frm suffocation due to d burnin. In as much i dont condone violence, ppl shld try and respect other ppl religion sancturies. In eurpoe and US, its a law if u make a holocaust statement against jew, u wil end up in jail and ur career wil jus die, we hav seen examples. We all knw dat muslims love d holy prophet more dan anytin else xcept God, and some are easily prick dat wil restore to violence, so i think dis freedom of speech shld be revisit, it shld stop wen ever it encroach into some1 territory. CIAO
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: Someone better deploy some soldiers to the core northern states. The muslims there may soon join their brethren to destroy things and kill people.

Are you referring to people or animals
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by nitlad: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
maryjames9: What's your point? America is not perfect but the truth is that they should have attacked the producers of the movie and not some innocent man. This people are violence impersonation. Insult Jesus, nobody gives a damn. Insult muhamhed and get killed. Gosh
Very bad student of History yhu are. Or maybe yhur just the type that chooses to read and comment what best pleases yhu. Where did I even insinuate any of what yhu stated above?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is so sad. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. The Obama administration's response to this incident will now be heavily scrutinized.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
linearity:

...So what made you think that the death of an ambassador is some sort of 'backfire' and not part of the grand plan? The last time a US ambassador died in similar circumstance was in 1979 in guess, where?, yes it was Afghanistan....fast forward to today...Afghanistan is now a now a target site for all kind of military warfare, weaponry testing, etc...

The US economy is driven by a huge defense complex that profits from wars...infact they welcome world war, because war is a catalyst to grow the economy and can even jolt a country out of recession.

In 2008, the US defense budget was 48% of World defense budgets (Sub-Saharan Africa was 1%, Central/South Asia 2%, Latin America 3%, Russian 5%, Middle East/N. Africa 6%, East Asia/Austria 8%, China 8%, Europe 20%)..

These bombs, war planes, ammunition, grenades, missiles, etc...need to be tested, expended to make room for the next production line...

For those who believe in Jesus, the only end to this will be the coming of Jesus Christ and those who do not believe in such thing....world war III will be a welcome relief...whoever emerges the quickest from that war becomes the world defactor king for the next world order....hopefully Nigeria or some other African Country will emerge quicker.

Funny ish. Not totally wrong though.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by omofat: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Saw this on another thread:

Israel finance filmmaker>incite the violence>kill Americans> US invade and kill Muslims> Israel happy.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: pretty boy,
thanks for your post,
I cannot be unjust or impartial or choose my religion over my nation because if katakata burst,i cannot go to Isreal and neither can my muslim brother go to Saudi Arabia and claim citizenship based on religion.

Is it not stu.pid that we dont know who we really are and yet we know more about the hebrews and the arabs than ourselves..
i think it is stupidity of the highest order,and yet arabs maltreat Africans,I watched a documentary about african domestic workers in Dubai are mistreated,some go the arab countries to escape poverty and yet come back sick,there was one Ethopian who was thrown by her madam and she became paralyzed and was deported home,no justice because there there citizens are always right,and last sunday we heard Israel was deporting Africans..

yet we hate out fellow Africans and die for a Religion that was given to us ...haba are we so stu.pid,Japan,Indian all have their indigenous religions and they are succeeding,haba,this our stupidity must stop now

You are making a lot of sense. Just that there are good things I have learned from both religions.

If not, i would say to hell with them.

The key word is spirituality.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by tpia5: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
I dont know what's going on.

lord have mercy.

are there still nigerians over there? Yes, right?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by TalkingBird: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Are you saying America will soon be destroyed You must be a member of LRA (CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS). undecided undecided

America is one of the two horned wild beast of Rev. 13
America and Britain are part of the remaining head of the seven headed wild beast of Rev. 17:9-11, counting from Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo Pasia, Greece and Roman empire as at 96 C.E.
America/Britain are acting on the world stage through the image of the wild beast (UN)which will soon go off into destruction, after her destruction of all forms of false religion on earth.
It is building up. Concerned people are calling for a world without religion.

Please read:

(Revelation 18:5-10) . . .For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong. 9 “And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’
(Revelation 18:21-24) . . .And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again. 22 And the sound of singers who accompany themselves on the harp and of musicians and of flutists and of trumpeters will never be heard in you again, and no craftsman of any trade will ever be found in you again, and no sound of a millstone will ever be heard in you again, 23 and no light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; because your traveling merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, for by your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled. 24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Jettage: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
What further prove do you need to know that Moharmad and Allah is a murderous demon?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
linearity:

Hmmmm.... Good stuff!! Or maybe a false flag?? What was he doing out there - and isn't the main US embassy in Libya located in Tripoli?? So many unanswered questions - but Benghazi is definitely going to get a US military base soon... Welcome AFRICOM to Africa!!

And one other thing, where was the outcry when these same Salafists were beheading black Libyans and other black Africans(including Nigerians) in Libya?? The world is on steroids! - I stopped giving a fvck a couple of years ago... undecided undecided

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Aksally(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
EyesWideOpen:
Just tell me where in the film an actor was shown in the role of Jesus. Is there? The answer is NO.
Islam is strongly against the depiction of Prophet Muhammad. Why can't people respect that?
Btw, dis is a thread about the killing of the US ambassador to Libya by protesters.
It's sad seeing as this thread is being derailed big time!
My friend go and watch Mel Gibson in Passion Of Christ.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gidiMonsta(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
medidress: This muslims are so senseless.
How do they expect one to believe in their religion.
Little wonder the Israelites keep dealing with the Palestines and other countries in the Middle East.
They see all of them as enemies. foolish people.

So you support Israel's murder of defenceless women and children in Gaza because they are muslims??

And some people claim they're better than the terrorists undecided undecided

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by wewe1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
many a times, people have insulted our Lord and saviour Jesus
Christ, holy bible had been burnt yet we held our peace because
we know the battle is not ours. leave whoever desecrate quran or
insulted muhammed alone for God to handle. for how long will
you kill in the name of religious. this barbaric act should stop. you
people are causing more havoc to the world than the message of
peace you claim. the other time in nigeria all hell was let loosed
just because a writer said muhammed would have married some of
the miss world contestant if he were to be alive. what is happening
to us? we need peace and not this wanton destruction. How peaceful is islam
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
But what's Nigeria/Africa doing??

We need a better military before the whole madness in the middle east spread to Africa...
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by oriadedoy: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Pls people shuld try and differenciate btw a political war and religion, was it not the same American that equipped the rebels with harms, its quite sad that it led to the attack of the American consulate,but i also expect dat people shuld not make mockery of any religion for peace to reign because diff people have diff attitudes to issues, the same issue has been responded to by protests in Egypt even christians were part of the protesters, therefore America shuld review thier foreign policies for peace to reign in the world
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
well i think Libiya has just declared war on america

because in the Vienna convention
Article 22 states that The premises of a diplomatic mission, such as an embassy, are inviolate and must not be entered by the host country except by permission of the head of the mission. Furthermore, the host country must protect the mission from intrusion or damage. The host country must never search the premises, nor seize its documents or property. Article 30 extends this provision to the private residence of the diplomats.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gidiMonsta(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Aksally: My friend go and watch Mel Gibson in Passion Of Christ.

Na Mel Gibson act the role of Jesus?? shocked shocked shocked

Did they Mock Jesus in the movie?

Nobody is justifying the violence here so stop making baseless comparisons jor.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gidiMonsta(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

Hmmmm.... Good stuff!! Or maybe a false flag?? What was he doing out there - and isn't the main US embassy in Libya located in Tripoli?? Some many unanswered questions - but Benghazi is definitely going to get a US military base soon... Welcome AFRICOM to Africa!!

And one other thing, where was the outcry when these same Salafists were beheading black Libyans and other black Africans(including Nigerians) in Libya?? The world is on steroids! - I stopped giving a fvck a couple of years ago... undecided undecided

You may be on to something here...Benghazi is the richest region in Libya in terms of oil, not too long ago they were clamoring for autonomy.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by ParisLove: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
I've got to watch this movie. Any link for the said movie? cool
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
The US knows how sensitive these people are to their religion. All movies that are released have to be approved by some regulatory agency, and this one was. Why not just respect their religions. Christians are this sensitive, but Muslims are.
These are the same people that the US helped topple Gaddafi. They aren't leaving in peace now. The US needs to learn. Their economy is crumbling, their people are suffering, yet they continue to meddle in the business of other countries
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Wsdm: 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
How does this issue concern this ambassador and others that may have been affected by this?? Just the way thousands of innocent women and children were killed because of the hunt for just one"Ghadafi" . Rest in peace to the dead!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Adeone: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
I Just watched the video and I still can't pick what is that offensive about Mohammed to warrant such wanton destruction of innocent lives.some Muslims just didn't get it'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmodVun16Q4&feature=share
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
tpia@:
I dont know what's going on.

lord have mercy.

are there still nigerians over there? Yes, right?

Yes there are. In fact, Nigerians are still going there through the desert. Our people are die-hard hustlers. Although, I think foolishness should be the operative word here.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
More info. from Reuters:

Two of four Americans killed in Libya on Tuesday died in a shooting during an attempt by US forces to evacuate staff from a safe house, Libya's deputy interior minister Wanis al-Sharif said.

US consular staff were moved to the safe house after an attack on the consul building in the eastern city of Benghazi in which the ambassador was killed, minister Wanis al-Sharif told a news conference.

A plane with US security units arrived from Tripoli to evacuate other staff but militants discovered the location of the safe house, he said.

"It was supposed to be a secret place and we were surprised the armed groups knew about it. There was shooting," he said.

Two American security personnel were killed in the shooting, Sharif said. Two other people were killed and between 12 and 17 wounded.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/12/us-libya-usa-safehouse-idUSBRE88B0UR20120912

^^^^You can't make this story up - it looks like a script from the movie, Safehouse, which Denzel Washington starred as a former CIA agent....
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: well i think Libiya has just declared war on america

because in the Vienna convention
Article 22 states that The premises of a diplomatic mission, such as an embassy, are inviolate and must not be entered by the host country except by permission of the head of the mission. Furthermore, the host country must protect the mission from intrusion or damage. The host country must never search the premises, nor seize its documents or property. Article 30 extends this provision to the private residence of the diplomats.

Boots on the ground....

There is a report on Yahoo that the US is sending anti- terrorist Marines to Libya.

Could you copy and paste it on here. I can't do it with my phone.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by donigspain(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
LATEST NEWS UPDATE confirms American Marines are already on their way to the two countries to help secure their consulates.
I pray no lives will be lost in an indirect retaliatory attack...
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by akin33(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
muslim that is nt violent is only waiting 4 an opportunity. Religion that bow to moon and star is more or less an occult. They offer sacrifice to moon and star. Bastard ritualist. They waste time time face east before their enchantment to their DIED GOD THAT CAN NOT DEFEND ITSELF THAT NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR .
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by CHouse: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
*sigh* nobody deserves this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Russian Ambassador To Turkey Assassinated By Turkish Policeman In Ankara / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83