Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27476 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by ganye1: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Gabbysky: When I read things like this I become so ashamed to have muslims as friends or to be associated with them in anyway.
Why are these guys so violent?
As a Muslim I don't want to be a friend or associated with you.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by tonyzaks: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
why ridiculed in the first place?
Sagamite:

Partially agreed.

I do think fundamental blame should lie with the people or teaching that are not civilised enough to respond with violence.

Other religions and their icons get ridiculed frequently and yet we do not get these periodical and moronic savage responses.

Others get agree and shout, then leave it.

We must never tolerate savagery even if done in the name of religion.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by muffins99(f): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

Ur mad and inzain(insane) there is no place in quran or hadith that described how and what does he(Muhammed) look like for thousands years this has been so,how could some foolish element come up with something that we Muslim do not even have knowledge of all in the name of ridiculing Islam.. Am a Muslim, my father is,my grandfather was so was my great and my great great even greater and they never took any arm or bomb or stir havoc in the country and I have never and will never do that against my fellow brother (Christian)so let's call a spade what it is bra.. Disrespecting Islam is bad.

From your comments, I'm inclined to think that you are one of the misguided fanatics. In one comment, you talk about tolerance but in your next post you insult me because your prejudice led you to construe something totally different from what I said- if that is not two-faced deceit and delusion, I don't kwow what is. I bet if you had a gun right now and i was in front of you, you'd gladly shoot me even though its clear that you misunderstood me. Shoot first and ask questions later! That is your motto!. So I referred to 'some' misguided fanatics not understanding the consequence of their actions, how does that approve or disapprove of the quran? I never said that they should not protest but they should do so the right way. By raiding the US embassy, your guys have effectively advertised the movie- just stating the fact- so mister, next time think before you write.

nagoma:

I think it's important to recognize that this happened in Libya. With all the turmoil, the killings and destruction in Libya over the last one year and the central position of America in the crises one must be extremely naive to think that no group is targeting American interests in Libya. [b] I am against all killings[b]....

I'm against killings too and nowhere in my comment did I say otherwise. What i meant is that I'm now going to watch the film out of curiosity and I won't be the only one who does so. By their actions, these 'muslims' have advertised the film and the filmakers won't need to spend as much on advertisment.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by alaoeri: 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx: Arming Salafists with weapons is suicidal - these cavemen were protesting with RPGs and guns, same way the protest against Ghaddafi started... Ghaddafi has been vindicated - he held Libya together and put his foot in the arses of the Salafists, but the lure of oil made the West make the same fatal error they made in Afghanistan in the 80s. And they're still hell bent on making another one in Syria.... When will Saudi Arabia, the home of Salafists be attacked and destroyed And why are they allowing Muslim Brotherhood to run Egypt??

To be honest, the West is the one promoting Salafist ideology in the world by arming them and using them for regime change everywhere... It's just scary!!!

U are one of the few that isn't brainwash & sabi international politics very well.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Finland(m): 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Whoever say Islam is a religion of peace should be confined to a mental home for life. shocked

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by oldlord(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

The best way to leave together both Christian and Muslim is to learn how to respect each other religion.. Disrespecting prophet Muhammed or publishing that may aggravate tension among us should be prohibited.. Imagine that nigeria journalist in 2002 uttering rubbish, that Denmark cartoon about prophet Muhammed, that Pakistan Boy that fled to uk for protection that wrote the satanic quran,the burning of quran by American soldiers and now the recently air uk TV comic about Islam was greeted with wide spread of critism from Islamic clerics n followers this scorn and disrespectful act towards Islam should be stopped and must be stopped... Learn to respect Islam and accomodate Islamic teaching in ur Christianity ways that way we will all live happily...

christain and Jesus christ receive bashing from muslim on daily bases. i av stayed in d north and currently living in lagos, so i can stay hw islam regard christain. no matter d offence against Jesus Christ we cannot engage in violate. becos our God is the most high and very strong to fight for His self .
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
WHY DO WE HAVE ALL THESE RELIGIOUS NUTS SHOWING UP ALL THE TIME,ARE ANY OF YOU ARABS OR JEWS, STOP SQUABBLING ON THIS THREAD,TAKE YOUR BIGOTORY SOMEWHERE ELSE,

WHAT I WANNA HEAR IS HOW BAD THIS MUST LOOK FOR AMERICA AND NATO

AND HOW GADAFI HAS BEEN VINDICATED

STOP FIGHTING OVER MIDDLE EASTERN RELIGIONS,

AND AM BETTING YOU DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR HISTORY BUT YOU CAN QUOTE THE BIBLE AND QUORAN BY HEART AND YOU PROBABLY KNOW ALL THE GENEOLOGY
DO YOU KNOW YOUR BLOOD LINE FROM 2000 BC
IF NOT SHUT UP NUTJOBS

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
nagoma:

I have no time for a Wally like you. Now scram !
Lol. To you, a wasted time is when your mental inconsistencies are taught to be in consistency. Oya Run!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:
No 1,

You are telling me people do not label IRA as extremists?

You are telling me people do not label KKK as extremists?

You are telling me people do not label Zionists as extremists?

No 2,

Why do you think Islam is the one always getting majority of the stick?

You think people just feeeeeeeel like picking on them? They just wake up in the morning and say "let me pick on Islam/Muslims"? Or there is plenty overwhelming reasons why they get the stick?

Why are the religions where these different factions of extremists originated from not getting demonised the way Islam is

Till the West stops arming this Salafists - and using them for their covert and overt regime change everywhere, expect this madness to continue... Blaming all Muslims will just continue to subconsciously force a divide between moderate Muslims and the rest of the world - and isolation can lead to extremism, because it's a lose lose situation...

Don't push a billion strong people into isolation, where they have nothing to lose - if you don't want extremism to increase... That's just my 2cents.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
alaoeri:
U are one of the few that isn't brainwash & sabi international politics very well.

Thanks, brother...

The information is out there - but most people just love selective reading..

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Finland(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
ganye1:
As a Muslim I don't want to be a friend or associated with you.
your brains are dead! simple! killing innocent people because of your idle god. If your god is real he should strike them down by himself not using terrorists as a weapon.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: WHY DO WE HAVE ALL THESE RELIGIOUS NUTS SHOWING UP ALL THE TIME,ARE ANY OF YOU ARABS OR JEWS, STOP SQUABBLING ON THIS THREAD,TAKE YOUR BIGOTORY SOMEWHERE ELSE,

WHAT I WANNA HEAR IS HOW BAD THIS MUST LOOK FOR AMERICA AND NATO

AND HOW GADAFI HAS BEEN VINDICATED

STOP FIGHTING OVER MIDDLE EASTERN RELIGIONS,

AND AM BETTING YOU DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR HISTORY BUT YOU CAN QUOTE THE BIBLE AND QUORAN BY HEART AND YOU PROBABLY KNOW ALL THE GENEOLOGY
DO YOU KNOW YOUR BLOOD LINE FROM 2000 BC
IF NOT SHUT UP NUTJOBS

Sound pragmatic post !
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by dadicvila(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
pro01:

You dey mind that mumu? My problem with the 'liberal' muslims (if there is any such thing) is that instead of rebuking the extremists in their midst, they start getting defensive and insecure and rationalise their actions. That's why I find it difficult to make distinctions between good and bad muslims. They all fucking piss me off. The REASON for the attacks is clearly stated: i.e. because a film was made purportedly mocking their religion. Is it defensible to attack another because of a damn film? Do other religions do that when they are mocked - as they frequently are? Rather than address this clear fact, a bloody m0ron prefers to laugh in Korean and talk about "attacking Americans". What nonsense.

na today you know??there is no difference between Tunji and those Allah kubar screaming and sword wielding jihadist in Pakistan,Afganistan and Iran,if giving the opportunity he will even do worse thats why he kant condemn his fellow blood thirsty followers of fake prophet mohammed{poo be on his ugly faze}...Thunder fire all of them,every right thinking Nigerian must know the time is right to own a gud gun because it will soon get messy worldwide
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why the hidden posts? Is this maclatunji's section?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx: Arming Salafists with weapons is suicidal - these cavemen were protesting with RPGs and guns, same way the protest against Ghaddafi started... Ghaddafi has been vindicated - he held Libya together and put his foot in the arses of the Salafists, but the lure of oil made the West make the same fatal error they made in Afghanistan in the 80s. And they're still hell bent on making another one in Syria.... When will Saudi Arabia, the home of Salafists be attacked and destroyed And why are they allowing Muslim Brotherhood to run Egypt??

To be honest, the West is the one promoting Salafist ideology in the world by arming them and using them for regime change everywhere... It's just scary!!!

Well said. A lot of people don't know how terrible,wicked & selfish that country called u.s.a is. I'm not a Muslim & I'm also not Arab, I'm proudly Christian,African & Nigerian but I like to be logical & rational rather than be sentimental. U.S. cooked up so many lies last year so they could attack Gaddafi,a lot of blind people bought their lies & they killed Gaddafi & Libya that was a relatively peaceful & calm country under Gaddafi's government today is headed towards being another Iraq. U.s. has done these same things in Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya etc & see how all these countries always turned out eventually- CHAOS. Now the same u.s. wants to turn Syria up-side-down. Also,it's the same thing they are trying to do in Iran & I'm afraid if they push Iran to the limit there might be another world war. I really get disgusted by u.s.a.'s bully & poke-nosing attitude & so any time it backfires against them I don't feel pity or compassion.

4 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Katsumoto:

So basically your point is that others should ignore the fact of Muslims demonstrating against an American movie which led to the deaths of Americans and instead focus on the conspiracy theory of unseen puppet masters who had other aims??

And this is because you want to defend your religion?

My point is that Muslims peacefully protesting against any insult against the Prophet (SAW) is allowed and expected. However, any burning, looting and killing has little to do with Islamic teachings: this becomes even more evident when militants make a direct hit on a high profile target on a high value target as the United States' Ambassador. Did the Ambassador make the film? No. Why kill him? For your own reasons using the protest as an alibi.

It's not dissimilar to Area boys hijacking a peaceful protest in Lagos and using it as a pretext to loot and maim. Yes, Arabs are passionate and can be volatile but this has gone beyond the ordinary.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Classicalman(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: Classicalman: It's you that needs to shut up. Islamic idiats like you are the reason the world is in crisis today.

I am not a muslim sorry to bust your bigoted bubble
Gadafi was a muslim,yet shyte like this never happened..
what do u do

you troll nairaland and buy up fights

dullard,but i guess ur just jealous,cos am smarter than you,and you why i am smarter than you
i am well read and not as narrow minded..
byaatch die pls

AM WAITING FOR YOU IGNORAMUS
I don't exchange words with SLU.TS like you. You claim u ain't islam. Yet you attack someone who is pro christian.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by idirect(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: When these guys were fighting Gadaffi, they weren't Islamists but "Freedom Fighters" and "Rebels". Now that they are attacking Americans they have become "Islamists".

I laugh in Korean.
Thank you
Permission to laugh in Spanish sir!

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: Has it got to the level of hiding posts. Is this maclatunji's section?

Common sense reflects even if maclatunji isn't in charge here.

#Hahaha
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gst101: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
muslims; tell me what exactly you want christian to do to Dan brown.
Dem make film about your muhammad (saw), whom you claim is not God, and you want to kill everybody. How you want make XXXtians com do as Dan brown insult jesus wey dem (XXXtians) see as God?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

My point is that Muslims peacefully protesting against any insult against the Prophet (SAW) is allowed and expected. However, any burning, looting and killing has little to do with Islamic teachings: this becomes even more evident when militants make a direct hit on a high profile target on a high value target as the United States' Ambassador. Did the Ambassador make the film? No. Why kill him? For your own reasons using the protest as an alibi.

It's not dissimilar to Area boys hijacking a peaceful protest in Lagos and using it as a pretext to loot and maim. Yes, Arabs are passionate and can be volatile but this has gone beyond the ordinary.
But, initially you supported it. Wonders! What has come over you?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by psalmizt(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Zeddicus: The annoying thing is, I know some really cool Muslims but it still doesn't overshadow the fact that the religion is one that is thoroughly entrenched in violence.
What stops them from taking their aggression to the movie producers We hear Jesus Christ, Christianity and Christians ridiculed on a daily basis and still no christian bats an eyelid!! On the other hand Muslims take up arms, no matter what it is. From cartoons to posters to mere words!!! I wonder how you expect to convert me to your religion if you expect me to carry bombs, guns etc for simply provoking you and your religious beliefs!
How does this issue concern this ambassador and others that may have been affected by this?? Nonsense.

Exactly my point... I just don't get it and I think the onus lies on all this sheiks and co. (islamic clerics)to educate their wards... You can't just go and kill innocent ppl all because someone desecrated your most revered symbols Acts like wat this Benghazi ppl have done only encourage people to do more and in the end a whole lot of ppl will see muslims as people who simply can't tolerate criticisms.... All this nonsense need to stop
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
idirect:
Thank you
Permission to laugh in Spanish sir!

Permission granted my good man. You can add Portuguese too for good measure.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by ganye1: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Finland:
your brains are dead! simple! killing innocent people because of your idle god. If your god is real he should strike them down by himself not using terrorists as a weapon.
I still maintain that I don't want to have anything to do with people like you and your insults are a sign of your incapacity to reason properly. Do you think you are any different from the killers of the ambassador since you stated that you hate even your Muslim friends because of the event in Libya?

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: But, inially you supported it. Wonders! What has come over you?

Your lack of discernment made you think I supported it! I abhor violence.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: I don't exchange words with SLU.TS like you. You claim u ain't islam. Yet you attack someone who is pro christian.

You just had to reply even if you had nothing to say,you are really a fyol,
Sheep baaa baaa...i.d.iot
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie:
everything is not all about Nigeria
Its about how flawed the US policy was,anyway they went in for the oil,so am guessing the ambassador will just be a sacrifice and US will not raise any racket...
anything to protect the oil baby..
America will tread softly on Libiya on this one,the President of Libya will condemn the death and life will go on as usual..
Americans are the biggest hypocrites,nothing will happen i tell you guys

Exactly...you really do understand how devilishly the u.s. operates.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Your lack of discernment made you think I supported it! I abhor violence.
omg! Calling one a liar when they tell lies, isnt wrong. Infact, it should be encouraged. You are an infectious LIAR, maclatunji.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by muffins99(f): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
pretty_boi:

Well said. A lot of people don't know how terrible,wicked & selfish that country called u.s.a is. I'm not a Muslim & I'm also not Arab, I'm proudly Christian,African & Nigerian but I like to be logical & rational rather than be sentimental. U.S. cooked up so many lies last year so they could attack Gaddafi,a lot of blind people bought their lies & they killed Gaddafi & Libya that was a relatively peaceful & calm country under Gaddafi's government today is headed towards being another Iraq. U.s. has done these same things in Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya etc & see how all these countries always turned out eventually- CHAOS. Now the same u.s. wants to turn Syria up-side-down. Also,it's the same thing they are trying to do in Iran & I'm afraid if they push Iran to the limit there might be another world war. I really get disgusted by u.s.a.'s bully & poke-nosing attitude & so any time it backfires against them I don't feel pity or compassion.

You are comparing the actions of politicians against the actions of a group of 'devoted worshipers' but I think its important not to mistake the actions of people who claim to be Christians/ muslims when it suits them (filling forms, winning elections, etc) with the peolple who ARE Christians/ Muslims. Remember that pastor who wanted to burn copies of the quran last year, did Christians approve of this? Even polititians got involved to mediate in the matter. Granted that the US, UK etc cooked up lies but it was obviously for political reasons and not because someone 'insulted' God /Jesus or anyother religious reasons. Polititians will always look for an excuse to justify their actions and religion works for them because people take it seriously. You will note that human rights issues are gradually replacing religiion as the reason for invading countries- this is being tried in Syria right now.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
pretty_boi:

Exactly...you really do understand how devilishly the u.s. operates.
YOU AND EHIE ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THEY ARE MOFOS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay / Mother Beats Son In Kenyan Parliamentary Election (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.