Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27473 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: I don't exchange words with SLU.TS like you. You claim u ain't islam. Yet you attack someone who is pro christian.

Look at you man. Must everything be sentimental with you guys? I'm also a Christian & I support Ehie(the poster you're dissing.) I'm not blinded by religion so I support whoever says the truth from whatever religion or tribe/language & I won't take sides with anybody simply because we share the same religion or language. So because somebody's trying to be pro-Christian even if he's bigoted & is lying, I should support him? Gosh! I don't think me & you read the same Bible,because I doubt that the Bible says anything like you just said.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
nitlad: Now how does it feel to be fed a dose of yhur own medicine America? R.I.P. to the Ambassador and other casualties though.
What's your point? America is not perfect but the truth is that they should have attacked the producers of the movie and not some innocent man. This people are violence impersonation. Insult Jesus, nobody gives a damn. Insult muhamhed and get killed. Gosh

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by TalkingBird: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
Can't people just post without insulting themselves?

Why! why!!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
pretty boy,
thanks for your post,
I cannot be unjust or impartial or choose my religion over my nation because if katakata burst,i cannot go to Isreal and neither can my muslim brother go to Saudi Arabia and claim citizenship based on religion.

Is it not stu.pid that we dont know who we really are and yet we know more about the hebrews and the arabs than ourselves..
i think it is stupidity of the highest order,and yet arabs maltreat Africans,I watched a documentary about african domestic workers in Dubai are mistreated,some go the arab countries to escape poverty and yet come back sick,there was one Ethopian who was thrown by her madam and she became paralyzed and was deported home,no justice because there there citizens are always right,and last sunday we heard Israel was deporting Africans..

yet we hate out fellow Africans and die for a Religion that was given to us ...haba are we so stu.pid,Japan,Indian all have their indigenous religions and they are succeeding,haba,this our stupidity must stop now

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
muffins99:

You are comparing the actions of politicians against the actions of a group of 'devoted worshipers' but I think its important not to mistake the actions of people who claim to be Christians/ muslims when it suits them (filling forms, winning elections, etc) with the peolple who ARE Christians/ Muslims. Remember that pastor who wanted to burn copies of the quran last year, did Christians approve of this? Even polititians got involved to mediate in the matter. Granted that the US, UK etc cooked up lies but it was obviously for political reasons and not because someone 'insulted' God /Jesus or anyother religious reasons. Polititians will always look for an excuse to justify their actions and religion works for them because people take it seriously. You will note that human rights issues are gradually replacing religiion as the reason for invading countries- this is being tried in Syria right now.

Yes! I totally also agree with this post of yours.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by psalmizt(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
maryjames9: What's your point? America is not perfect but the truth is that they should have attacked the producers of the movie and not some innocent man. This people are violence impersonation. Insult Jesus, nobody gives a damn. Insult muhamhed and get killed. Gosh

We are trying to move into the 21st century and some people keep taking us back to the stone age. If you complain they 'll be quick to remind us of the Crusaders, but goodness sake people should just grow up. Sorry to say this, if your God can't stand and be counted when mocked, then He ain't good enough to be God... Simple QED>

Ahhhh, blood no de tire some people? Some dude shoots a movie and put on you tube why some other person translate to Arabic and then all hell lets loose. Muslims really need to come to terms with the reality, no one is gonna respect your religion if you keep resulting to violence at the slightest provocation.... angry angry angry angry
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: Someone better deploy some soldiers to the core northern states. The muslims there may soon join their brethren to destroy things and kill people.

Didn't or can't you sense why Jonathan cut his trip to Botswana short and returned rather abruptly, to prevent such scenario from happening. My heart and prayers go out to the family of the ambassador.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Aksally(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
Catholic Church for scatter everywhere because of DaVinci Code oo. Make I just kak for one corner put hand for my chin just dey observe.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
maryjames9: What's your point? America is not perfect but the truth is that they should have attacked the producers of the movie and not some innocent man.

This too will lead us nowhere.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

My point is that Muslims peacefully protesting against any insult against the Prophet (SAW) is allowed and expected. However, any burning, looting and killing has little to do with Islamic teachings: this becomes even more evident when militants make a direct hit on a high profile target on a high value target as the United States' Ambassador. Did the Ambassador make the film? No. Why kill him? For your own reasons using the protest as an alibi.

It's not dissimilar to Area boys hijacking a peaceful protest in Lagos and using it as a pretext to loot and maim. Yes, Arabs are passionate and can be volatile but this has gone beyond the ordinary.

But we have seen Northern Muslims kill fellow Nigerians for similar events such as the Danish cartoon, This Day article about the Miss World Pageant, etc. Innocent bystanders got killed and property was destroyed. It defies logic but it happens anyway, in the name of Islam.

In any case, the Ambassador may have been killed for other reasons but it illogical to speculate without evidence. What we know for a fact is that the man was killed during Muslim demonstrations. Attempting to use conjecture to defend Islam won't cut it.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by psalmizt(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: pretty boy,
thanks for your post,
I cannot be unjust or impartial or choose my religion over my nation because if katakata burst,i cannot go to Isreal and neither can my muslim brother go to Saudi Arabia and claim citizenship based on religion.

Is it not stu.pid that we dont know we really are and yet we know more about the hebrews and the arabs than ourselves..
i think it is stupidity of the highest order,and yet arabs maltreat Africans,I watched a documentary about african domestic workers in Dubai are mistreated,some go the arab countries to escape poverty and yet come back sick,there was one Ethopian who was thrown by her madam and she became paralyzed and was deported home,no justice because there there citizens are always right,and last sunday we heard Israel was deporting Africans..

yet we hate out fellow Africans and die for a Religion that was given to us ...haba are we so stupid,Japan,Indian all have their indigenous religions and they are succeeding,haba,this our stupidity must stop now

@bolded that is even against what the book of Leviticus on how Jews should treat strangers..

I agree with you, but you know as they say, Religion is the Opium of the people. Africans have a low self esteem and never see anything good with whateva is theirs. That explains why we seemingly get involved in the lowest ebb of world events. But come to think of it, Libyans aren't Africans o! They are Arabs, short and simple
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by psalmizt(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
Katsumoto:

But we have seen Northern Muslims kill fellow Nigerians for similar events such as the Danish cartoon, This Day article about the Miss World Pageant, etc. Innocent bystanders got killed and property was destroyed. It defies logic but it happens anyway, in the name of Islam.

In any case, the Ambassador may have been killed for other reasons but it illogical to speculate without evidence. What we know for a fact is that the man was killed during Muslim demonstrations. Attempting to use conjecture to defend Islam won't cut it Spot On!!! .
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by omenziate(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Make una talk all d verbose and abstruse grammer from Kazaure to nepal , e no go stop Muhammedans from killing at d slightest provocation, some stupid abokis now fit don dey sharpen their swords for north now, Just wait and see.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by jelikay: 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
thank God i was born a christian cuz i cant imagine hearing this stupid act about my brothers. It is crazy....
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by heynew: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Although this is a bad news, but it will be used as a conspiracy theory against Iran alleging them of arming terrorists in Syria and Libya, just watch Susan rice and ma'am Hilary soon
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by TalkingBird: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
ehie: pretty boy,
thanks for your post,

Is it not stu.pid that we dont know who we really are and yet we know more about the hebrews and the arabs than ourselves..

yet we hate out fellow Africans and die for a Religion that was given to us ...haba are we so stu.pid,Japan,Indian all have their indigenous religions and they are succeeding,haba,this our stupidity must stop now

Are all forms of worship acceptable?
Should worship be for the sake of it, and not for one that is acceptable to the almighty God?
Well, the truth is, Babylon the Great will soon be devastated/destroyed.
Man must search for the truth. It must not be localized.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

The best way to leave together both Christian and Muslim is to learn how to respect each other religion.. Disrespecting prophet Muhammed or publishing that may aggravate tension among us should be prohibited.. Imagine that nigeria journalist in 2002 uttering rubbish, that Denmark cartoon about prophet Muhammed, that Pakistan Boy that fled to uk for protection that wrote the satanic quran,the burning of quran by American soldiers and now the recently air uk TV comic about Islam was greeted with wide spread of critism from Islamic clerics n followers this scorn and disrespectful act towards Islam should be stopped and must be stopped... Learn to respect Islam and accomodate Islamic teaching in ur Christianity ways that way we will all live happily...
Dont get it twisted Oga. I have great deal of respect for Jesus and muhamhed and i'm a true christian but insult Jesus and burn the bible,the worst i wil do is pray for your salvation and change. We are never gonna fight for our God. Let God fight for himself. By getting violent,you are only painting your islam a bad colour. Gosh. So long as it is not a self defence,it is wrong to take a life in the name of fighting for muhamhed. It is absurd

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
pappy2000: The Americans liberated this people only for them to turn back and attack the same mouth that fed them

America didnt liberate libya.the whole charade of last year was about getting rid of Ghadaffi and getting access to libya oil while challenging china growing influence in Africa and the Arab world.

Libya was at peace until the US armed the minority tribes of Benghazi to topple and kill Ghadafi.however,the same rebels they armed turned against the Americans and are now killing them.America doesnt gives a fu'c'k if the whole world burns,so far their interest is protected.they armed the talibans to fight soviet occupation of Afghanistan,armed the shias against sunni in iraq and funny enough,they are now arming sunnis against shias in syria.

Diplomatically,a resident ambassador is protected by the westphalia treaty but the rascality of the contemporary international political system which is westernize has divided the world into core and periphery state due to the insatiable want for resources and east/west divide out of different economic ideologies. . . . . . . . . .In all this,Africa is just confused and being used by these world powers.May the poor guy rest in peace.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gidiMonsta(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
TalkingBird:

Are all forms of worship acceptable?
Should worship be for the sake of it, and not for one that is acceptable to the almighty God?
Well, the truth is, Babylon the Great will soon be devastated/destroyed.
Man must search for the truth. It must not be localized.

Are you saying America will soon be destroyed You must be a member of LRA (CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS). undecided undecided
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by White007(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Muslim fundamental radicals are nuts. The moderates better get a grip on things or it will get ugly fast.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Builder: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
I find it very hard to have any pity for the americans killed.... its hard to look past the mannerism they invaded the libya, murder its citizen and plundered the country into anarchy .. RIP Gadaffi

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by omenziate(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
"@NigeriaNewsdesk: Some aggrieved Muslims in Nigeria are mobilising for protests in connection with the controversial U.S. film that depicts Prophet Muhammed."

Just like I presumed, just watch what happens .
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
omenziate: "@NigeriaNewsdesk: Some aggrieved Muslims in Nigeria are mobilising for protests in connection with the controversial U.S. film that depicts Prophet Muhammed."

Just like I presumed, just watch what happens .
I hope they don't start killing Christians/Igbos like they did during the Denmark Mohammed cartoon saga.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Are you saying America will soon be destroyed You must be a member of LRA (CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS). undecided undecided

Nope. He's very right. America is gonna be lost someday ....& forever. It would all be due to their own greed.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by oluMyderz(m): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: When these guys were fighting Gadaffi, they weren't Islamists but "Freedom Fighters" and "Rebels". Now that they are attacking Americans they have become "Islamists".

I laugh in Korean.
100 likes
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Serves America Right. Hahahahahaha.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by gidiMonsta(m): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
The Prophet while he was alive was ridiculed, was laughed at, was mocked, his mosque was desecrated, he was called an illiterate, he was stoned in Taif, he was bathed in animal intestines whilst in sujud (bowing during prayer) and a host of other degrading things and yet he did not lift a finger to attack or condemn the perpetrators of these acts rather he forgave them, little wonder most of them became muslims.

I feel very hurt anytime I see him been ridiculed by the western media and Islamophobes but I will never result to violence to defend him because that is not what he taught us as muslims. Muslims all over the world have a right to peacefully protest like in Egypt but should not take it too far by wanton destruction of properties or shedding of anybody's blood.

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
oluMyderz: 100 likes
-100 brain cells.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by EyesWideOpen(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
gst101: muslims; tell me what exactly you want christian to do to Dan brown.
Dem make film about your muhammad (saw), whom you claim is not God, and you want to kill everybody. How you want make XXXtians com do as Dan brown insult jesus wey dem (XXXtians) see as God?
Just tell me where in the film an actor was shown in the role of Jesus. Is there? The answer is NO.
Islam is strongly against the depiction of Prophet Muhammad. Why can't people respect that?
Btw, dis is a thread about the killing of the US ambassador to Libya by protesters.
It's sad seeing as this thread is being derailed big time!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by medidress: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
This muslims are so senseless.
How do they expect one to believe in their religion.
Little wonder the Israelites keep dealing with the Palestines and other countries in the Middle East.
They see all of them as enemies. foolish people.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by White007(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
The "government" in Libya is clearly not in control of that country. Unfortunately, this will remain the situation for a while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay / Mother Beats Son In Kenyan Parliamentary Election (pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75