Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402938 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
centje:
I don't mean imo state govt doing all that but they can facilitate it, it's a federal govt project of course.
The truth remains that a lot of Ph residents are frustrated by congestion but they are helpless as they neither can leave their job nor find a close city to live while they still work in ph.

Obigbo is 10 minutes drive, Obehie is 15 minutes and Aba is 25 minutes. Owerri is over 1hour drive away.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
if orlu doesn't have constant light ,relocate to owerri ,

And precise, re u in orlu?if yes,stop complaining and sent us some pix from orlu zone..
cheesy cheesy..one love
I am not based in Imo state my brother. I hope to travel next month though. I promise to bring pictures.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
asha80:
Una dey make me laugh with this Una train talk..rich states in the country never construct rail successfully na Imo state go construct rail from RIVERS to IMO
nobody dey make u laff ,bro na u dey laff ursef ,re yu tryin to say that ,imo is a pauper state? With all d natural resources endowed to d state..

Abeg building of railway or train is 100percent possible in imo state,and anything can happen...
Let s pray for the success of our state and progress of it..
We shalll get there with time..
Imo is in the hands of God

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
berem:
I am not based in Imo state my brother. I hope to travel next month though. I promise to bring pictures.
ur. Comment sound like someone who is fed up of orlu environs due to epileptic power supply..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
ur. Comment sound like someone who is fed up of orlu environs due to epileptic power supply..
that's a major reason I don't like visiting my village. That's the truth!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abagworo:

Thats Nigeria for you. The villagers are willing to pay but Jonathan sold power distribution to Emeka Offor and Sambo who are part of the subsidy mafia. They have deliberately blocked Geometric plant in Aba from functioning as well as frustrate power supply in the Southeast. Those errors shall be corrected by Buhari insha Allah.
To all igbos who can read this, please we need to chart a new path. This attack on your fellow brother just for personal gains should be a thing of the past. This plant built by prof. Barth Nnaji is for greater igbo, he is from Enugu but chose Aba to build this plant to help boost the manufacturing effort being made igbos in Aba. Why can't Emeka offor find another place and build his, he can still go through the necessary process with the federal govt and build another one, probably in onitsha and boost the commerce there. We, igbos, would have rained blames on Prof Nnaji if he had built this plant outside igbo land, this is the kind of things that chase igbos away and make them invest outside igbo land. We need to stop these bitter treatments we give to ourselves. This is one of the major reasons that led to his quiting ministerial work, yet they are still frustrating him and suffering the masses. personally, i find this sort of stories quite disheartening!! It kills my igbo spirit!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abagworo:

Obigbo is 10 minutes drive, Obehie is 15 minutes and Aba is 25 minutes. Owerri is over 1hour drive away.
Are you trying to compare stressful driving through heavy traffic, potholes, risk of accidents and armed robbery to sitting comfortably in a train with the day's newspaper in your hand

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
berem:
that's a major reason I don't like visiting my village. That's the truth!
hey sist why not call to confirm if the problems still lingered on ..

There may be changes or rectification of electrifying problems..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
hey sist why not call to confirm if the problems still lingered on ..

There may be changes or rectification of electrifying problems..
I have people in the village that tell me what happens. The problems still lingers on.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
centje:
To all igbos who can read this, please we need to chat a new path. This attack on your fellow brother just for personal gains should be a thing of the past. This plant built by prof. Barth Nnaji is for greater igbo, he is from Enugu but chose Aba to build this plant to help boost the manufacturing effort being made igbos in Aba. Why can't Emeka offor find another place and build his, he can still go through the necessary process with the federal govt and build another one, probably in onitsha and boost the commerce there. We, igbos, would have rained blames on Prof Nnaji if he had built this plant outside igbo land, this is the kind of things that chase igbos away and make them invest outside igbo land. We need to stop these bitter treatments we give to ourselves. This is one of the major reason that lead to his quiting ministerial work, yet they are still frustrating him and suffering the masses. personally, i find this sort of stories quite disheartening!! It kills my igbo spirit!

Welcome home bro. I have just 2 questions that have lingered so long.

1 is what use is Ohaneze if Igbo issues cannot be settled by them?

2 why have Igbos not condemned the sale of Enugu disco to Northerners Namadi Sambo, IBB with Emeka Offor acting as a crony?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Enugu PHCN: Group Accuses Namadi Sambo of
Determination To Ruin Igboland
By 247ureports
28/08/2013
A non governmental organization (NGO), Oriental
Renaissance Group (ORG), has advised President
Goodluck Jonathan to check what it calls the excesses of
Vice President Namadi Sambo in the ongoing
privatization of the Enugu Electricity Distribution
Company, one of the firms created out of the Power
Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).
In a statement in Enugu today signed by the group's
president, Professor Richard Enendu, and secretary,
Comrade Raymond Iloh, the NGO said the vice president
has not left anyone in doubt about his determination to
hand over the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company to
a consortium which has neither the financial resources
nor the technical expertise to run a critical facility like
the Enugu firm which is the only supplier of electricity to
the Southeast geopolitical zone and environs like the
Anioma part of Delta State.
"As has now been demonstrated abundantly, Interstate
consortium has failed all the technical and commercial
requirements, yet the National Council of privatization
(NCP) headed by Vice President Sambo is ever
enthusiastic to rig it in at every stage right from the time
it was submitting bids .
Last Wednesday, Interstate showed the whole world that
it does not have the capacity to pay the outstanding
75% of the $126m bid prize for the Enugu Electricity
Distribution Company by being the only group out of the
15 preferred bidders which could not pay the bid price
of the PHCN asset it has been asked to pay.
Like most Nigerians, we are convinced that the secret
memo which the director general of the Bureau of Public
Enterprises (BPE) wrote to the NCP asking for a 20-day
extension for Interstate to pay for the reserved bid price
was at the instance of the vice president who, from the
look of things, may not mind discrediting the integrity of
the entire process in order to favour his friend and
business associate, Mr Emeka Offor, the controversial
government contractor who is the major Interstate
promoter.
Sambo's unflinching commitment to the acquisition of
the Enugu electricity firm by Interstate, it has been
discovered, has less to do with the vice president's
personal relationship with Offor than with his personal
desire to ruin Igboland and turn it into what the great
Professor Chinua Achebe would call a lawless and
bankrupt fiefdom.
The Southeast already has the worst electricity
infrastructure in the country, according to erstwhile
Power Minister Segun Agagu, and to hand it over to a
group led by Emeka Offor is equivalent to a death
sentence. This development will finally bring the
Southeast to its knees.
The consortium does not have the humongous financial
outlay to invest in the Enugu Electricity Distribution
Company, which, like any other PHCN asset, is in a
technical and financial mess.
Not only has Interstate displayed technical ineptitude
and financial aridity in recent times, it has also exhibited
gross indiscipline and lack of seriousness.
While 12 other bidders made full payments as of 5pm
last Wednesday and two others made frantic efforts to
pay, all Interstate presented to the BPE was a non
committing paper from Afrexim Bank in Egypt which
regards Offor as "a highly politically exposed person.
Yet, the BPE DG has secretly made a case that Interstate
be rewarded.
Acts like this above undermine the integrity of the
privatization process and international investor
confidence in Nigeria.
The whole nation is shocked that the attempt to subvert
the power privatization effort is coming just a few weeks
after the bid by Notore, the company impressively
running Nigeria's largest fertilizer firm at Onne in the
Rivers State, for one of the 10 National Integrated Power
Projects was disqualified for coming 30 minutes late.
On July 13, 2012, the same BPE rejected bids by the
Dangote Group and Rockson Engineering for PHCN
generation companies because they were 5 minutes late.
To restore confidence in the privatization process and to
reassure the people and governments of the Southeast
that this administration is not out to ruin their future by
handing over the Enugu electricity to Offor at all costs,
President Jonathan is hereby called upon to call Vice
Namadi Sambo to order. Let the vice president abide by
rules of the game".
http://247ureports.com/enugu-phcn-group-accuses-
namadi-sambo-of-determination-to-ruin-igboland/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
centje:
To all igbos who can read this, please we need to chat a new path. This attack on your fellow brother just for personal gains should be a thing of the past. This plant built by prof. Barth Nnaji is for greater igbo, he is from Enugu but chose Aba to build this plant to help boost the manufacturing effort being made igbos in Aba. Why can't Emeka offor find another place and build his, he can still go through the necessary process with the federal govt and build another one, probably in onitsha and boost the commerce there. We, igbos, would have rained blames on Prof Nnaji if he had built this plant outside igbo land, this is the kind of things that chase igbos away and make them invest outside igbo land. We need to stop these bitter treatments we give to ourselves. This is one of the major reason that lead to his quiting ministerial work, yet they are still frustrating him and suffering the masses. personally, i find this sort of stories quite disheartening!! It kills my igbo spirit!
this guy has spoken from the depth of his heart..

But no matter what other igbos brothers do,
Never killed d igbo spirit in yu..

Keep it flying and flowing ..
It s in you..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abagworo:

2 why have Igbos not condemned the sale of Enugu disco to Northerners Namadi Sambo, IBB with Emeka Offor acting as a crony?
how many discos are there and who bought them?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
berem:
I have people in the village that tell me what happens. The problems still lingers on.
don't worry ,all our sorrows will soon be over..
Am very certain about it..

Why the problems still lingers was because the pples in ur community kept quiet

Or the igwe is too soft to shout it out to the pple who re responsible for the unreparable/epileptic power supply in the community..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
if orlu doesn't have constant light ,relocate to owerri ,

And precise, re u in orlu?if yes,stop complaining and sent us some pix from orlu zon[/b]e..

cheesy cheesy..one love

Here, you must have seen several times the pix about development done by Okorocha govt in Orlu - as repeatedly shown by Abagworo - the same double lane Ihioma and Enugu and Ideator roads, and Owus Avenue - partially completed, and with dust all over. Yeah, and school of health.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abagworo:

I really don't understand the activities of Ohaneze. If their terms of reference doesn't include infrastructural development of igboland then there's urgent need for a new group, while Ohaneze concentrate on politics.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abagworo:

Every higher institution including Madonna have prosttution rings. Never attempt to claim its an IMSU thing. Many of the girls you meet in Owerri are from schools in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Awka, Benin and Abia.
I agree with you on this. Every Owerrian knows that the bulk of the runs girls you find in hotels are not Imo indigens. For Christ sake how will a sane girl mess her self up in a place her immediate brothers and cousin patronizes.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
this guy has spoken from the depth of his heart..

But no matter what other igbos brothers do,
Never killed d igbo spirit in yu..

Keep it flying and flowing ..
It s in you..
My dear, I believe most people on this forum are young and will soon take up those positions. Let's forget the failures of our elders and chart a new path, let's carry a greater advancement of igbo tribe in our hearts, we need to work together otherwise we keep having pockets of small and incohesive developments as obtainable in igboland, today.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
millionaireman:
Does it ever question our consciences: when we show hotels upon hotels in Owerri - a city which has no up-scale industry - what are the hotels used for?
I thought you were once schooled here by Abagworo that Owerri was planned as a tourist and hospitality capital of old Imo state by Dee Mbakwe, while Aba and Umuahia hosted the heavy industries. Why do you keep doing this to yourself nwanne? The new site for industries is definately not Owerri urban.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 24, 2015
Bros its a very shameful thing that the isSue is yet to be resolved by those people till this moment but one thing people fail to understand is the processes in power.

In power you have the Generating companies, the transmmission companies and the distribution companies.

Berth Nnaji was granted license for generating but not distributing, he has GenCo while Emeka Offor have the license for distribution but not generating that is why he has EEDC.
Now EEDC covers the entire SE geopolitical zone, there is no way you can generate power and distribute without seeking approval from EEDC who won the bid and have the monopoly to distribute in the entire SE. How do you think Nnaji will sell his power to consumers without distributing it if not supplying to coys that distribute to homes and factories.

Had Nnaji won the bid for EEDC then he would have merged his GenCo with his Disco and everything is sorted out but its unfortunate that nobody seems to care in Igboland about what is going on between the two Igbo sons, even the governor of the state where the massive investment is located is sleeping on the issue like he is sleeping on the city.
If this investment were to be a state where the government is decisive and proactive he would have wade into the matter and resolve the whole thing but its unfortunate such investment is just lying there like that wasting away.

Some people have already blaming politicians and foreigners for every misunderstanding that occurs in East, its very shameful how we reason and always blame others for our woes.

centje:
To all igbos who can read this, please we need to chat a new path. This attack on your fellow brother just for personal gains should be a thing of the past. This plant built by prof. Barth Nnaji is for greater igbo, he is from Enugu but chose Aba to build this plant to help boost the manufacturing effort being made igbos in Aba. Why can't Emeka offor find another place and build his, he can still go through the necessary process with the federal govt and build another one, probably in onitsha and boost the commerce there. We, igbos, would have rained blames on Prof Nnaji if he had built this plant outside igbo land, this is the kind of things that chase igbos away and make them invest outside igbo land. We need to stop these bitter treatments we give to ourselves. This is one of the major reasons that led to his quiting ministerial work, yet they are still frustrating him and suffering the masses. personally, i find this sort of stories quite disheartening!! It kills my igbo spirit!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 12:24am On Jan 24, 2015
centje:
My dear, I believe most people on this forum are young and will soon take up those positions. Let's forget the failures of our elders and chat a new path, let's carry a greater advancement of igbo tribe in our hearts, we need to work together otherwise we keep having pockets of small and incohesive developments as obtainable in igboland, today.
yes bro , yyou re totally right..
The problems with most igbos is that the state thing is the symptom why some re affected and confuse that igbos re not the same,if they re the same,some re greater and wiser than others..

With these impression or mentality some igbos possesses led to disunity among ndigbos..
An anambra kids will see development going on in imo state and still denied it and figured out a fault,and label it as not developed.
An imo man will see development in anambra state and still find fault to condemn it totally..

And This is totally absurd.
Cos
Brothers competing with brothers,sisters laying harsh words altogether ..

All in the name of am from anambra state,we re different,am from imo state we re unique,etc..
Na wa o..

God bless the federal republic of igboland...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 24, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Bros its a very shameful thing that the isSue is yet to be resolved by those people till this moment but one thing people fail to understand is the processes in power.

In power you have the Generating companies, the transmmission companies and the distribution companies.

Berth Nnaji was granted license for generating but not distributing, he has GenCo while Emeka Offor have the license for distribution but not generating that is why he has EEDC.
Now EEDC covers the entire SE geopolitical zone, there is no way you can generate power and distribute without seeking approval from EEDC who won the bid and have the monopoly to distribute in the entire SE. How do you think Nnaji will sell his power to consumers without distributing it if not supplying to coys that distribute to homes and factories.

Had Nnaji won the bid for EEDC then he would have merged his GenCo with his Disco and everything is sorted out but its unfortunate that nobody seems to care in Igboland about what is going on between the two Igbo sons, even the governor of the state where the massive investment is located is sleeping on the issue like he is sleeping on the city.
If this investment were to be a state where the government is decisive and proactive he would have wade into the matter and resolve the whole thing but its unfortunate such investment is just lying there like that wasting away.

Some people have already blaming politicians and foreigners for every misunderstanding that occurs in East, its very shameful how we reason and always blame others for our woes.

it's very unfortunate. your post has given me a better insight tho'. I will dig more to further understand what is going between them.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 24, 2015
I don't understand the path your drifting seriously, there is nothing wrong with competing with one another as wrong as its healthy.
The reason why Igbos are nt happy in Nigeria is that the cesspit of a country doesn't encourage competition that is why a kid from Anambra will score 139 to gain admmission and a kid from Yobe will score 2 to gain admission as well.

Igbos generally are competitive in nature and you can't take that away from them. Obosi people saw that Onicha people were ahead of them academically and started sending their wards to school in order to rival their neighboring town, Nnewi saw that Onicha people dominated government jobs because of the their education induced white collar nature and invested in enterprenuership inorder to help accelerate the development of their town today Nnew is marching on.

These are called healthy competitions and I don't consider it retrogresive and repulsive. That we are Nigeria does not mean we must live like every other Nigeria ethnic group. Go to all the markets in Nigeria and see how Igbos are competing with themselves and nobody is whinning, let's compete with one another because competition breeds excellence

emmysoftyou:
yes bro , yyou re totally right..
The problems with most igbos is that the state thing is the symptom why some re affected and confuse that igbos re not the same,if they re the same,some re greater and wiser than others..

With these impression or mentality some igbos possesses led to disunity among ndigbos..
An anambra kids will see development going on in imo state and still denied it and figured out a fault,and label it as not developed.
An imo man will see development in anambra state and still find fault to condemn it totally..

And This is totally absurd.
Cos
Brothers competing with brothers,sisters laying harsh words altogether ..

All in the name of am from anambra state,we re different,am from imo state we re unique,etc..
Na wa o..

God bless the federal republic of igboland...

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by HopeAtHand: 6:34am On Jan 24, 2015
Abagworo:

Abagworo, the correct name and spelling is Oyigbo..

Igbos shouldn't unnecessarily change the names of Towns in Rivers else we may be forced to 'attend to your matter'.

.....and i wonder how any any morally upright human should brag about the proliferation of Hotels as an achievement, esp in a city that looks ordinary and has little economic power.

Abagworo, your argument that Owerri has numerous hotels because Owerri is a hospitality destination is wicked on your part as you seek to downplay the prostitution industry goin on in Owerri.

The average mindset of a PH guy is that Owerri is a town for fun..You go there for easy and relativy cheap sex in good hotels....it is just what it is...You cant do anything about it but atleast say it as it is.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Igbos shouldn't unnecessarily change the names of Towns in Rivers else we may be forced to 'attend to your matter'.

.....and i wonder how any any morally upright human should brag about the proliferation of Hotels as an achievement, esp in a city that looks ordinary and has little economic power.

Abagworo, your argument that Owerri has numerous hotels because Owerri is a hospitality destination is wicked on your part as you seek to downplay the prostitution industry goin on in Owerri.

The average mindset of a PH guy is that Owerri is a town for fun..You go there for easy and relativy cheap sex in good hotels....it is just what it is...You cant do anything about it but atleast say it as it is.
lol... I once came to owerri for dat same reason, but I didn't see any gal dat meets dat criteria... most of the ladies I met dress decent... and I just don't know y I normally hv dz thinking dat decent girls re no go area... for such kind of stuffs... I was looking for d bitchy types like sm gals I ve met in Aluu... but I never saw them... pls where re dz gals that ppl re always talking abt.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:

And who is more PH than Mazi Abagworo? Sex is much cheaper in PH than Owerri and there is higher prostitution here if I may say but Port Harcourt is not a holiday destination. When we talk of industries its Aba, Otta and Nnewi that comes to mind. That there are barely few consumer products producing industries in Port Harcourt does not take away the fact that it is the target destination for oil industry investors.

As for you trying to twist Obigbo into Oyibo, the attempt failed as the indigenes kept Obigbo even after the forced name change. Obigbo is 100% Igbo in every damn thing and that is why it has been neglected by successive governments.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
lygn19:
lol... I once came to owerri for dat same reason, but I didn't see any gal dat meets dat criteria... most of the ladies I met dress decent... and I just don't know y I normally hv dz thinking dat decent girls re no go area... for such kind of stuffs... I was looking for d bitchy types like sm gals I ve met in Aluu... but I never saw them... pls where re dz gals that ppl re always talking abt.

He does not mean the girls on the streets or in their mama's house. What he means are those girls at the clubs or those that hang around busy joints and hotels at night.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tonychristopher: 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hopeathand is a lazy ikwerre man and we Igbo have disclaimed them ..that aside

Proliferation of hotel is not a bad idea and its called tourism and hospitality industry and its OK. That aside today if you go to Dubai las Vegas Monaco macan and other cities they are hotel based cities so hotel is industry and I support it ..its better than no industry

Owerri is hospitality of east
Enugu the administrative of east
Nnewi the enginnering of east
Onitsha the business hub of the east
Aba the manufacturing hub of east
Uguta the lakeside of east
Ebonyi the agricultural hub of the east
Orlu the pharmaceutical hub of east
Umuahia has not been categorized

This is basics of division of labour in east and we are okay with it

The oil hub can be used for uguta and our brothers in etche and Niger Delta Igbo excluding ikwerre

We don't want them and tgeir laziness
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tonychristopher: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
Abagworo:

And who is more PH than Mazi Abagworo? Sex is much cheaper in PH than Owerri and there is higher prostitution here if I may say but Port Harcourt is not a holiday destination. When we talk of industries its Aba, Otta and Nnewi that comes to mind. That there are barely few consumer products producing industries in Port Harcourt does not take away the fact that it is the target destination for oil industry investors.

As for you trying to twist Obigbo into Oyibo, the attempt failed as the indigenes kept Obigbo even after the forced name change. Obigbo is 100% Igbo in every damn thing and that is why it has been neglected by successive governments.

Obigbo simply means heart of Igbo so its not deniable

They are just Igbo or we give them ikwerre treatment
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tonychristopher: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
BuddahMonk:
I don't understand the path your drifting seriously, there is nothing wrong with competing with one another as wrong as its healthy.
The reason why Igbos are nt happy in Nigeria is that the cesspit of a country doesn't encourage competition that is why a kid from Anambra will score 139 to gain admmission and a kid from Yobe will score 2 to gain admission as well.

Igbos generally are competitive in nature and you can't take that away from them. Obosi people saw that Onicha people were ahead of them academically and started sending their wards to school in order to rival their neighboring town, Nnewi saw that Onicha people dominated government jobs because of the their education induced white collar nature and invested in enterprenuership inorder to help accelerate the development of their town today Nnew is marching on.

These are called healthy competitions and I don't consider it retrogresive and repulsive. That we are Nigeria does not mean we must live like every other Nigeria ethnic group. Go to all the markets in Nigeria and see how Igbos are competing with themselves and nobody is whinning, let's compete with one another because competition breeds excellence

A bottle of hero on me .pls tell nkechi

Nna gi muru gi
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Rochas we know!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
Hopeathand is a lazy ikwerre man and we Igbo have disclaimed them ..that aside

Proliferation of hotel is not a bad idea and its called tourism and hospitality industry and its OK. That aside today if you go to Dubai las Vegas Monaco macan and other cities they are hotel based cities so hotel is industry and I support it ..its better than no industry

Owerri is hospitality of east
Enugu the administrative of east
Nnewi the enginnering of east
Onitsha the business hub of the east
Aba the manufacturing hub of east
Uguta the lakeside of east
Ebonyi the agricultural hub of the east
Orlu the pharmaceutical hub of east
Umuahia has not been categorized

This is basics of division of labour in east and we are okay with it

The oil hub can be used for uguta and our brothers in etche and Niger Delta Igbo excluding ikwerre

We don't want them and tgeir laziness

To any well-meaning Imolite, Standard of Education in Imo state must be of utmost priority over Owerri tourism.

Hotels and Hotels in Las Vegas, Monaco, Dubai - people from all over the world troop to these places for their tourist sites.

Hotels and Hotels in relatively small Owerri - what tourism sites are there in Owerri, what class of people come to Owerri for tourism and for what sort of tourism? Sex tourism?

Pls stop living in denial - clustering young people in one place (with the cluster of about five universities and polytechnics in Imo state nearest Owerri) breeds and feeds prostitution. It degrades standard of education in Imo state.

Igbo has never disclaimed Ikwerre.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.