Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405191 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
I do not have social issues with my people. I have social issues with the federal government who has denied my community of electricity for as long as 6months without any reasonable explanation. Is that too difficult for you to understand in my post? Please don't misquote me o!
Berem so there are still areas in Imo state waiting on the Federal government to provide them with transformers. What happened to the community development union of the town since the state government has failed to do their job. My community for instance provided both the transformer, the poles, cables, electrical accesories, manpower and finances used in connecting my village to the national power grid.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chiwude:
Berem so there are still areas in Imo state waiting on the Federal government to provide them with transformers. What happened to the community development union of the town since the state government has failed to do their job. My community for instance provided both the transformer, the poles, cables, electrical accesories, manpower and finances used in connecting my village to the national power grid.
My dear,seems you guys don't understand what I am saying.
We have transformers,poles and cables etc. Everything available to supply light in my community is there but PHCN does not give us electicity for reasons best known to them.
Neighbouring communities do have electricity but my own community can be without light for months.
I don't just know what the problem is.
angry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:

It is obvious you have a problem accepting the reality at hand...

Owerri needs more prosperous cities like PH and Onitsha for a significant percentage of its economic survival, i.e. Residents of PH and Onitsha will have to frequently visit Owerri to sustain those hotels and also some Owerri residents will also frequent those 2 cities for their economic advancement.

Your grouse is with the fact that i called Owerri a low income town..Let me say it again, Owerri is a low income town...tell us the highest paying job in Owerri..foolish brat.
I agree with you on your first point, that for hotels in Owerri to survive it needs the patronage of money bags from Onitsha, P/H, and Aba. The influx of people from these areas as well as from Imolites within, to a large extent swells this hotels.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
My dear,seems you guys don't understand what I am saying.
We have transformers,poles and cables etc. Everything available to supply light in my community is there but PHCN does not give us electicity for reasons best known to them.
Neighbouring communities do have electricity but my own community can be without light for months.
I don't just know what the problem is.
angry
Okay, I understand now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chiwude:
Okay, I understand now.
honestly,village life is sweet with all the basic amenities available.

Home sweet home.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
@Hopeathand, In reference to your argument that Owerri is a low income town, It is wise to state here that you are ill-informed about the economic activities of the city. Just like every developed environment, Owerri is usually grounded to a halt with business activities each day. The city has a well established international cargo airport that caters for the commercial cities of both Aba and Onitsha. Hence, the hotels are partonized by businessmen who make use of the airport. In addition, it also harbours oil servicing and exploration workerss based in Egbema, Ohaji and Oguta oil fields of the state. It may also interest you to know that apart from civil service earners and educationists, majority of the populace are professional business men and women. Also a good number of the state indigenous population are based in oversea countries like Europe, America, Asia and South-Africa. And this folks in turn contribute to the state economy with the large volume of foreign currency sent to their loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by HopeAtHand: 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chiwude:
@Hopeathand, In reference to your argument that Owerri is a low income town, It is wise to state here that you are ill-informed about the economic activities of the city. Just like every developed environment, Owerri is usually grounded to a halt with business activities each day. The city has a well established international cargo airport that caters for the commercial cities of both Aba and Onitsha. Hence, the hotels are partonized by businessmen who make use of the airport. In addition, it also harbours oil servicing and exploration workerss based in Egbema, Ohaji and Oguta oil fields of the state. It may also interest you to know that apart from civil service earners and educationists, majority of the populace are professional business men and women. Also a good number of the state indigenous population are based in oversea countries like Europe, America, Asia and South-Africa. And this folks in turn contribute to the state economy with the large volume of foreign currency sent to their loved ones.

Noted...and i like the way you stated your argument..veey composed and matured.

But whats your take on the proliferation of hotels in Owerri and also the relationship with those hotels and the 'Oringo' mentality of Owerri??

Remember Flavour dedicated a song to Owerri on that behalf.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Are you a perverting man..try mast. Urbation it works wonders for people of your type and its unfortunate all my sisters are married

No. But you were overtly promoting sex tourism in Owerri. And I asked you how far if your little sister is found to be part of the tourism.

Okay, all your sisters married - so whose sisters do you expect to be exploited in the sex tourism you promote?

Note: if you continue to be abusive, I shall not reply you next.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Noted...and i like the way you stated your argument..veey composed and matured.

But whats your take on the proliferation of hotels in Owerri and also the relationship with those hotels and the 'Oringo' mentality of Owerri??

Remember Flavour dedicated a song to Owerri on that behalf.
Flavour got his inspiration from the master himself Cardinal Rex Lawson who first sang a song in the 60's titled 'Adaure'. The hit single was a tribute to the hospitality of Owerri, its women, cuisine and Mbari architecture. Rex Lawson mom herself was from Owerri. It may interest you to know that Owerri was once the administrative headquaters of Shell 'd' arci before it relocated to P/H. Achebe in his book 'There was a country' appraised the beauty of the well planned Shell camp which housed top government officials during the Biafran war. So in essence Owerri has always been the number 2 spot (after Calabar) for tourism and relaxation in the east since the colonial era.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 25, 2015
berem:
honestly,village life is sweet with all the basic amenities available.

Home sweet home.

cheesy cheesy
u sure say u fit stay... even if they provide all doz things :/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 12:50am On Jan 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:
I don't understand the path your drifting seriously, there is nothing wrong with competing with one another as wrong as its healthy.
The reason why Igbos are nt happy in Nigeria is that the cesspit of a country doesn't encourage competition that is why a kid from Anambra will score 139 to gain admmission and a kid from Yobe will score 2 to gain admission as well.

Igbos generally are competitive in nature and you can't take that away from them. Obosi people saw that Onicha people were ahead of them academically and started sending their wards to school in order to rival their neighboring town, Nnewi saw that Onicha people dominated government jobs because of the their education induced white collar nature and invested in enterprenuership inorder to help accelerate the development of their town today Nnew is marching on.

These are called healthy competitions and I don't consider it retrogresive and repulsive. That we are Nigeria does not mean we must live like every other Nigeria ethnic group. Go to all the markets in Nigeria and see how Igbos are competing with themselves and nobody is whinning, let's compete with one another because competition breeds excellence

bro i guess yu ve spoken well,but the fact still remain that we need unity more than rivalry...

At bold one...:actually when you re competing with one and another,there is nothing wrong
but there is something wrong when you noticed development in imo state ,abia state or enugu state,yet yu pretend to denied it,cos yu re competing with them...
So yu see there is something wrong,
especially
when you label the state as unprogressive and backward wich is not applicable to the language of the west(yoruba pples)...

At bold 2:: who told you that igbos re not happy in nigeria...
majority re more than happy cos we ve succeeded in dominating
the whole state in nigeria,including our own terrain..
Nigeria is helping a lot of igbos succeed financially and economically,cos most of the lecturers in gombe or kaduna etc re igbos..if biafra succeed today,
we may suffocate cos of competition among the igbos spirit...some of you dont know that nigeria is favouring the great ndigbos pples...
and yu also said nigerians dont encourage competition?i doubt,cos they do politically,musically and economically,ndigbos have not yet unified themselves politically in order to compete with north and west to win the number one seat in nigeria cos some of yu have not yet regards other igbos as igbos cos yu see them as inferior and become proud by telling them
you re ahead of them by competition indeed,which i considered as unspeakable and unthinkable..

At bold 3;;;i am not taken it away from them cos i am half anambrarians and half imo,but the only thing i can take away from them is when it lead to hatredness and proudness..
I ve listened to bothside speaks but i observed that anambrarian need to focus more on unity of other ndigbos rather than beating their chest as number one citizens and seeing others as 2nd class citizens,that aint good though,cos when the issues of biafra materialisation occurs,president election must take place,some pples will know or realised that election is by numbers and unity and
not by the those who see themselves as superior than others,
all in the name of competition and always ahead...
Lol

Last...competition breed excellence indeed,well in some situation but unification is the key that lead to more sucess and excellence...
not by those who said they re
the first to produce car,first to produce carmel,the first to produce president etc..we dnt want such cos it lead to braggartness and disunity among ndigbos...
My proud nation...
I remain faithful to the entire igboland..cool

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 1:31am On Jan 25, 2015
Chiwude:
@HopeAthand, In reference to your argument that Owerri is a low income town, It is wise to state here that you are ill-informed about the economic activities of the city. Just like every developed environment, Owerri is usually grounded to a halt with business activities each day. The city has a well established international cargo airport that caters for the commercial cities of both Aba and Onitsha. Hence, the hotels are partonized by businessmen who make use of the airport. In addition, it also harbours oil servicing and exploration workerss based in Egbema, Ohaji and Oguta oil fields of the state. It may also interest you to know that apart from civil service earners and educationists, majority of the populace are professional business men and women. Also a good number of the state indigenous population are based in oversea countries like Europe, America, Asia and South-Africa. And this folks in turn contribute to the state economy with the large volume of foreign currency sent to their loved ones.
nihil est intellectum et tabula rasa...
aesthetikos claritas erga sum...

Broda dont get confused,your explanation was so brilliant that i ve to speak in demagogical diatribe...

one love bro,
cos the only way to killed ignorant is to calm them and widen their thoughts of understanding...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 1:49am On Jan 25, 2015
Chiwude:
@HopeAthand, In reference to your argument that Owerri is a low income town, It is wise to state here that you are ill-informed about the economic activities of the city. Just like every developed environment, Owerri is usually grounded to a halt with business activities each day. The city has a well established international cargo airport that caters for the commercial cities of both Aba and Onitsha. Hence, the hotels are partonized by businessmen who make use of the airport. In addition, it also harbours oil servicing and exploration workerss based in Egbema, Ohaji and Oguta oil fields of the state. It may also interest you to know that apart from civil service earners and educationists, majority of the populace are professional business men and women. Also a good number of the state indigenous population are based in oversea countries like Europe, America, Asia and South-Africa. And this folks in turn contribute to the state economy with the large volume of foreign currency sent to their loved ones.
nihil est intellectum et tabula rasa...
aesthetikos claritas erga sum...

que sera sera(wat wil be will be)

Broda dont get confused,your explanation was so brilliant that i ve to speak in demagogical diatribe...

one love bro,
cos the only way to killed ignorant is to calm them and widen their thoughts of understanding...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 2:49am On Jan 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Obigbo simply means heart of Igbo so its not deniable

They are just Igbo or we give them ikwerre treatment
it baffle me d way yu speak ills against the ikwerre,your statement atimes is despicable..
Why re yu always having nightmare against the ikwerre..

If hopeAtHand's comments tormented,pls face him and don't speaks ills against the ikwerre, it s uncalled for..
Cos some re different and yu can't hate all cos of one despicable dude here on nairaland
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2015
Why must you always point the accusing fingers on Anambra alonean why the selective honesty, everyday its Anambra causing disunity or hating others in Igboland why we have seen them exhibit their hatred on Ndi Anambra but you will turn blind eyes.

Pls I dnt want this argument to drift into dickmeasuring and whose father's compound is bigger than others but always try to sincere to yourself and fair to others.

emmysoftyou:
bro i guess yu ve spoken well,but the fact still remain that we need unity more than rivalry...

At bold one...:actually when you re competing with one and another,there is nothing wrong
but there is something wrong when you noticed development in imo state ,abia state or enugu state,yet yu pretend to denied it,cos yu re competing with them...
So yu see there is something wrong,
especially
when you label the state as unprogressive and backward wich is not applicable to the language of the west(yoruba pples)...

At bold 2:: who told you that igbos re not happy in nigeria...
majority re more than happy cos we ve succeeded in dominating
the whole state in nigeria,including our own terrain..
Nigeria is helping a lot of igbos succeed financially and economically,cos most of the lecturers in gombe or kaduna etc re igbos..if biafra succeed today,
we may suffocate cos of competition among the igbos spirit...some of you dont know that nigeria is favouring the great ndigbos pples...
and yu also said nigerians dont encourage competition?i doubt,cos they do politically,musically and economically,ndigbos have not yet unified themselves politically in order to compete with north and west to win the number one seat in nigeria cos some of yu have not yet regards other igbos as igbos cos yu see them as inferior and become proud by telling them
you re ahead of them by competition indeed,which i considered as unspeakable and unthinkable..

At bold 3;;;i am not taken it away from them cos i am half anambrarians and half imo,but the only thing i can take away from them is when it lead to hatredness and proudness..
I ve listened to bothside speaks but i observed that anambrarian need to focus more on unity of other ndigbos rather than beating their chest as number one citizens and seeing others as 2nd class citizens,that aint good though,cos when the issues of biafra materialisation occurs,president election must take place,some pples will know or realised that election is by numbers and unity and
not by the those who see themselves as superior than others,
all in the name of competition and always ahead...
Lol

Last...competition breed excellence indeed,well in some situation but unification is the key that lead to more sucess and excellence...
not by those who said they re
the first to produce car,first to produce carmel,the first to produce president etc..we dnt want such cos it lead to braggartness and disunity among ndigbos...
My proud nation...
I remain faithful to the entire igboland..cool

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by HopeAtHand: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Have you not heard him calling Igbo names knowing that Igbo is miles ahead of them .....

I repeat ikwerre disgust me right from my uncle to their folks ..I don't know why she married him seff...

They are not Igbo ..ikwerre can't be Igbo

The tone of your writing is one of pain..

@bolded is the reason for your pains..your Ikwerre uncle who you served as a houseboy maltreated you and your Igbo Aunt..its a sad reality of the abuses houseboys and maids go through in Nigeria but you can rise above it and make it in life.

And one of the ways to emancipate yourself from that stranglehold is to free yourself of your past...that weak emotion, hate, will hinder your progress in life..learn to exchange love for hate and good for bad, and see yourself move forward in life...

Hapi Sunday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.