Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404047 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 1:42pm On May 03, 2015
millionaireman:

No.

first pix below is the present condition of the old Orlu stadium ruined by ORO govt.

second pix below is the present condition of the new Orlu stadium started by ORO govt about three years ago.
it s quite unfortunate that such projects re really in bad shape.

Quite shameful!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 3:21pm On May 03, 2015
biafranking:
i guess is indequate fund that is causing it,
maybe may 29,evrything will change by his mercy...

Inadequate fund? But in four years, ORO built about 3 stadium-like squares in the state capital.

Well, pray that ORO understands the important needs in this part of Imo state.

After Udenwa and Ararume got federal help to nearly complete Okigwe surface water supply scheme, Ohakim was telling whoever listened that next water project in Imo state was the Orlu surface water supply scheme which was since earmarked by Imo state government.

Owerri and Okigwe have public water supply infrastructures worth billions of Naira each under their grounds waiting for any government to put little to reactive. Orlu has nothing.

But ORO came into office and one of his first official announcements was that supply of running water in the state is henceforth privatized.

Unimaginable that any private sector can undertake supply of treated running water to people in Orlu, or even at Owerri and Okigwe zones.
Even in the industrialized world where public water supply is concessioned to private sector, the government must have put in lots of water infrastructure on ground and funding prior to concessioning to the private sectors. Supply of treated running water to citizens is number one on the list of good leaders. It costs a lot of money. Some state governments - nearby Anambra excluded - try to cut corners.

Lack of water is number one obstacle that has hindered real development in Orlu areas. People suffer a great deal here from absence of water.

Lol, I have just wasted another previous time. As if ORO and company listen to any one not singing praises.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 3:27pm On May 03, 2015
We truly need pictures from all around imo state in this thread

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 4:00pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

The Owerri-Ph road will be completed.
Really?

The Owerri-PH road is about 75% complete and construction is going on actively.
The Rivers state portion has been completed for several months now.

I hope when the work is over, You will not wake up and attribute it to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eCollynzo: 4:05pm On May 03, 2015
eaglechild:

Really?

You have time for that idîot.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by maimalari: 4:13pm On May 03, 2015
eaglechild:

Really?

that owerri-phc road was Said to be 75% complete since 2013. After two years, u mean 1% is yet to add up making it 76%?. how pathetic
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2015
eaglechild:

Really?

Its been that way since 2012. All the haters of Okorocha and Imo State have been posting pictures of that road. I will therefore give all credit to Buhari if he remembers us and complete the road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2015
millionaireman:

No.

first pix below is the present condition of the old Orlu stadium ruined by ORO govt.

second pix below is the present condition of the new Orlu stadium started by ORO govt about three years ago.

The reason I love Okorocha is that despite the attempts to tell all sorts of lies against him majority of us are seeing his works everywhere. That stadium is almost completed as against the nonsense old play ground banned by NFF. You will cry like other haters when it will be opened in December this year. Unlike Jonathan who has nothing to show, you feel Okorocha everywhere in Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2015
IGBOSON2:
The Nigerian political-economy makes me sick!

I don't know why i seem to be the only one having issues with a situation whereby a state, region, zone or people can expect 'issues' to be addressed only when their party is in control at the centre....or when the Governor of their state is a party-apparatchik of the ruling party! So PDP or APGA states should expect to be royally screwed or what?

I will like all PDP States to experience dearth of federal presence under Buhari like Jonathan did to Imo. We sacrificed so much for success of APC despite the gang up against us. Most federal projects in Southeast went to Anambra and Enugu under Jonathan which means most projects under Buhari should be in Imo, Edo and Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 5:29pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

The reason I love Okorocha is that despite the attempts to tell all sorts of lies against him majority of us are seeing his works everywhere. That stadium is almost completed as against the nonsense old play ground banned by NFF. You will cry like other haters when it will be opened in December this year. Unlike Jonathan who has nothing to show, you feel Okorocha everywhere in Imo State.
Chai! Even the devil will marvel at this lie. A stadium that is as good as abandoned. Anaghi eji 3 months aru bridge Nigga Raw will sing but yours is a case of anaghi eji 6months arucha stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
Chai! Even the devil will marvel at this lie. A stadium that is as good as abandoned. Anaghi eji 3 months are bridge Nigga Raw will sing but yours is a case of anaghi eji 6months arucha stadium.

I posted a more recent picture of the stadium earlier on this thread. Meanwhile this is a rural road that runs from Orlu to Akokwa and like you know it is being done with wide drainage on each side with solar powered streetlights.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 5:51pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

I posted a more recent picture of the stadium earlier on this thread. Meanwhile this is a rural road that runs from Orlu to Akokwa and like you know it is being done with wide drainage on each side with solar powered streetlights.
I am from Orlu and I pass that road the stadium is sited each time I come home (which I do monthly), the last time I saw people in that stadium was last year when I saw a pickup and they were offloading reinforcement bars.

For that pic of akokwa road, I haven't been there so I can't say anything but you can't just lie about the one I am 100% sure and expect me to keep quiet, we criticise and praise Rochas for the good of Imo State. Ka Chineke medievals okwu

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
I am from Orlu and I pass that road the stadium is sited each time I come home (which I do monthly), the last time I saw people in that stadium was last year when I saw a pickup and they were offloading reinforcement bars.

For that pic of akokwa road, I haven't been there so I can't say anything but you can't just lie about the one I am 100% sure and expect me to keep quiet, we criticise and praise Rochas for the good of Imo State. Ka Chineke medievals okwu

Simply put. Swear with your family's life that the picture posted by millionaireman is the current state of the stadium. I swear with mine that it has gone way beyond that stage.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 6:00pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
Chai! Even the devil will marvel at this lie. A stadium that is as good as abandoned. Anaghi eji 3 months aru bridge Nigga Raw will sing but yours is a case of anaghi eji 6months arucha stadium.

Does he even know that December is just about six months from now? Even Julius B. will shake head hearing this and the Ow-Ph road promises.

You no see as Abagworo guy man placed Akokwa-Orlu road to make mugus mellow down attention from issue in discourse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:03pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

Simply put. Swear with your family's life that the picture posted by millionaireman is the current state of the stadium. I swear with mine that it has gone way beyond that stage.
refer me to the page your own picture is located or you upload it again, but the stadium I saw the last time I used that road( April, 13th), millionaireman's picture may be taken some months back, but nothing has changed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:10pm On May 03, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
that isn't Orlu Stadium. I don't know what the contractors are doing concerning the stadium.
Last month I passed where the incomplete stadium is located,it has been taken over by weeds and grasses.

Quite shameful!
relax madam, Abagworo has given us his words that the Orlu stadium will be commissioned in 6months time. grin grin . Hopefully, Okporo will play her December league in the stadium
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:12pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

I will like all PDP States to experience dearth of federal presence under Buhari like Jonathan did to Imo. We sacrificed so much for success of APC despite the gang up against us. Most federal projects in Southeast went to Anambra and Enugu under Jonathan which means most projects under Buhari should be in Imo, Edo and Rivers.
abia did not see fg projects under gej and I don't see why rivers should benefit from buhari since rivers is going to be a pdp govt
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:16pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
refer me to the page your own picture is located or you upload it again, but the stadium I saw the last time I used that road( April, 13th), millionaireman's picture may be taken some months back, but nothing has changed.

His was taken last year while mine was taken in February. Work ceased there since elections but it has surpassed the stage posted by milionaireman.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 6:17pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
relax madam, Abagworo has given us his words that the Orlu stadium will be commissioned in 6months time. grin grin . Hopefully, Okporo will play her December league in the stadium

I miss the yearly Orlu divisional football league championship that we have watched in the Orlu stadium right from when I was a child, until it stopped when ORO came to office.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2015
This is millionaireman's photo.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:26pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

His was taken last year while mine was taken in February. Work ceased there since elections but it has surpassed the stage posted by milionaireman.
well, looking at the pictures, one would see that they are all at the same level / stage of construction just the camera angle. You said work stopped cos of the elections, but I have never seen workers on site anytime I pass there way before the elections at least I have seen workers working on the road sometimes but not on the stadium.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:

Judging from my pics one can deduce that the ground leveling has been completed and that is the most difficult aspect of a stadium. If Okorocha wanted the same level of the old stadium, it is just a matter of planting grass and roofing just a tiny part of the spectator area. That could be done in 2weeks. I believe he wants seats fitted and most of the spectator area covered as well as good lighting hence the delay.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:35pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

Judging from my pics one can deduce that the ground leveling has been completed and that is the most difficult aspect of a stadium. If Okorocha wanted the same level of the old stadium, it is just a matter of planting grass and roofing just a tiny part of the spectator area. That could be done in 2weeks. I believe he wants seats fitted and most of the spectator area covered as well as good lighting hence the delay.
no wahala, let's pray he finishes the project by December and upto Uyo International Stadium standard lipsrsealed . Millionaireman really needs a stadium in Orlu grin

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:37pm On May 03, 2015
UnknownT:
well, looking at the pictures, one would see that they are all at the same level / stage of construction just the camera angle. You said work stopped cos of the elections, but I have never seen workers on site anytime I pass there way before the elections at least I have seen workers working on the road sometimes but not on the stadium.

You are writing like a Jonathanian who sees truth but chose to lie to himself. The 2 pictures are not in same stage as mine has spectator steps while his is smooth and angular. Next time you pass that area just drive inside like I did and question the workers like I did. We are all Imolites and information could come from anyone.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:43pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

You are writing like a Jonathanian who sees truth but chose to lie to himself. The 2 pictures are not in same stage as mine has spectator steps while his is smooth and angular. Next time you pass that area just drive inside like I did and question the workers like I did. We are all Imolites and information could come from anyone.
a situation where there are no worker to question nko? Well you have challenged me, the next time I go home I would try going down to the site. About me being a jonathanian, lol!!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:41pm On May 03, 2015
Abagworo:

That stadium is almost completed as against the nonsense old play ground banned by NFF.

Abagworo, for record purposes:
NFF-related matches were played in the Orlu (Sam Okwaraji Memorial) Stadium before ORO govt ruined it - hence NFF banned it.

Example: In Aug. 2008, at the Sam Okwaraji Memorial Stadium in Orlu, Peter Stanov, a Bulgarian, the first European sign up by Owerri Heartland FC played in the second half of Heartland pre-season friendly against Dolphins FC of PH. http://business.highbeam.com/3548/article-1G1-183652874/heartland-get-bulgarian-striker

NFF banned Sam Okwaraji Stadium, Orlu in 2012 after it was ruined by ORO govt. http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/npl-lobi-heartland-sacked-from-home-grounds/108416

For now, eyes are on IMSG commissioning a new stadium in Orlu by Dec. 2015, according to you; but how far,...
given all the time, intensive labour and highteck work that realized the Sam Okwaraji Stadium - as shown in these links:

http://vastsportsfacilities.com/olu_township/olu_township.html

http://vastsportsfacilities.com/webone/home/index.php/ongoing-projects/orlu-township-stadium?page=6#category

http://www.vastsportsfacilities.com/webone/home/index.php/references-in-pictures/videos/orlu-township-stadium

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 9:56pm On May 03, 2015
Please why has the Secretariat remained cordoned off even after the elections.

Meanwhile the road that just turns off PH road after the secretariat, i mean former Ibari Ogwa road is about to divide into two.

There a about three gullies on that major road on the First bank/ Fidelity bank side.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oemmanuel: 3:05pm On May 11, 2015
Hello people,

Does Imo state has a website? I have searched the Internet over and over without a result. I need help here.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:24am On May 12, 2015
Asian tourists having fun in Oguta and Owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2015
More tourists

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:35am On May 12, 2015
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 4:25pm On May 14, 2015
I love these pictures

abagoro:
More tourists

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.