Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402319 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
RareDiamond:
Most states in Nigeria have fraudulent appointees so don't act as if the cases in Imo State are peculia

you think a sitting governor should come out and make that kind of comment?who appointed the appointees?why no t monitor the people you appointed?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
Stoning Okorosha to death is the only option. The animal has succeeded in sinking Imo state though an ordinary state cool

Okorocha blames poor finances on fraudulent political appointees

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, has blamed the precarious financial health on the alleged fraudulent activities of political appointees, senior staff of ministries and parastatals, as well as local government workers.

Chief Okorocha’s position was made known via a Government House press statement signed by the Governors’ Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, as fear of serious labour crisis looms in the state.

“The internally generated revenue of the state government is about the least in Nigeria, as a result of fraudulent activities of the political appointees, senior staff of ministries, parastatals and local government workers. My administration will deal ruthlessly with anybody caught in the act”Okorocha warned.

The Governor surreptitiously indicted his administration as he claimed that his government has been paying salaries to ghost workers and dead people.

“On my tours to some of the government establishments and parastatals, particularly the Health Management Board, I noticed with dismay that most of the workers do not come to work. It appears the state government pays wrong people salaries”, the Governor fumed.

Continuing, Okorocha recalled with grief that at some of the state general hospitals he visited, “only one nurse was on duty Ina hospital that has 14 doctors”.

Meanwhile, some civil servants, who spoke to Vanguard on the Governor’s outburst, said that he should profusely apologize to Imo people for spending public funds on ghost workers and dead people.

“How can a governor proudly announce that he has been paying ghost workers and dead people and expect us to clap for him? We are all waiting t see how the Governor will recover the money from the dead people he paid”, a civil servant said.

While describing the governor’s disclosure as laughable, a female civil servant accused Okorocha of paying ghosts while the living are sick, hungry and famished.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/okorocha-blames-poor-finances-on-fraudulent-political-appointees/#sthash.djAbkkRs.dpuf
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
He has started to solving the problem instead of pretending like most state governors until they run into debts.

asha80:
you think a sitting governor should come out and make that kind of comment?who appointed the appointees?why no t monitor the people you appointed?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Anambra State is involved in this mess even more than Imo.

CentralIntels:
Stoning Okorosha to death is the only option. The animal has succeeded in sinking Imo state though an ordinary state cool

Okorocha blames poor finances on fraudulent political appointees

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, has blamed the precarious financial health on the alleged fraudulent activities of political appointees, senior staff of ministries and parastatals, as well as local government workers.

Chief Okorocha’s position was made known via a Government House press statement signed by the Governors’ Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, as fear of serious labour crisis looms in the state.

“The internally generated revenue of the state government is about the least in Nigeria, as a result of fraudulent activities of the political appointees, senior staff of ministries, parastatals and local government workers. My administration will deal ruthlessly with anybody caught in the act”Okorocha warned.

The Governor surreptitiously indicted his administration as he claimed that his government has been paying salaries to ghost workers and dead people.

“On my tours to some of the government establishments and parastatals, particularly the Health Management Board, I noticed with dismay that most of the workers do not come to work. It appears the state government pays wrong people salaries”, the Governor fumed.

Continuing, Okorocha recalled with grief that at some of the state general hospitals he visited, “only one nurse was on duty Ina hospital that has 14 doctors”.

Meanwhile, some civil servants, who spoke to Vanguard on the Governor’s outburst, said that he should profusely apologize to Imo people for spending public funds on ghost workers and dead people.

“How can a governor proudly announce that he has been paying ghost workers and dead people and expect us to clap for him? We are all waiting t see how the Governor will recover the money from the dead people he paid”, a civil servant said.

While describing the governor’s disclosure as laughable, a female civil servant accused Okorocha of paying ghosts while the living are sick, hungry and famished.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/okorocha-blames-poor-finances-on-fraudulent-political-appointees/#sthash.djAbkkRs.dpuf
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Deaddiamond stop acting like an i.diot. Imo state is in a serious mess worse than any other state in the SE and SS. We are talking about a useless imo state here. The state that is owing over one year salaries, the state that has worthless IGR, the state that its educational sector is the least performing in the southeast, the state that its health sector is a disaster. The state that is so dirty and has the worst roads in the southeast, the state with a useless clueless abokii as a governor. Have you been to IMSU and IMSUTH before? cheesy cheesy

RareDiamond:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
RareDiamond:

dont engage chino to derail this thread
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
You should stop behaving like a brainless simpleton. Gov Obiano is currently depleting what Obi left behind with his aides. Imo State is not in a mess.

CentralIntels:
Deaddiamond stop acting like an i.diot. Imo state is in a serious mess worse than any other state in the SE and SS. We are talking about a useless imo state here. The state that is owing over one year salaries, the state that has worthless IGR, the state that its educational sector is the least performing in the southeast, the state that its health sector is a disaster. The state that is so dirty and has the worst roads in the southeast, the state with a useless clueless abokii as a governor. Have you been to IMSU and IMSUTH before? cheesy cheesy

[s][/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Deaddiamond shut up! Imo state is in a mess, stop deceiving yourself. Obiano is a performer, so he is depleting the resources into infrastructural development. You need to sale yourself and buy sense. cheesy

RareDiamond:
You should stop behaving like a brainless simpleton. Gov Obiano is currently depleting what Obi left behind with his aides. Imo State is not in a mess.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2015
All the way from Asia to Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2015
Imo European University, Imo library and housing estate.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AnambraDota: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2015
abagoro:

Owerri is just Unique.

Very spacious and always modern.
I don't like that name Imo European University, what has happened to PanAfricanism or PanIgboism.

Why not Imo Metropolitan University or University of Africa, Imo State.

Nice structures there though

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ihedioha2015: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
has it got to posting computer generated image as an estate in owerri? smh, is it how bad it has got to in imo state just to prove otherwise for our lame governor? ihedioha where are you, please come and save imo state from this ugly situation we have found ourselves?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
abagoro:
All the way from Asia to Owerri.
I just don't know y I don't really like dz Asians especially d Indians, I don't see anything that makes dem better dan us, or is it because they hv white skin.
If I was to be a governor I wud rather give a road contract to an Anambra contractor or Enugu dan dem.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
lygn19:
I just don't know y I don't really like dz Asians especially d Indians, I don't see anything that makes dem better dan us, or is it because they hv white skin.
If I was to be a governor I wud rather give a road contract to an Anambra contractor or Enugu dan dem.

They are tourists and not contractors. However the Chinese and Indians are some of the best in road construction on earth.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
AnambraDota:

Owerri is just Unique.

Very spacious and always modern.
I don't like that name Imo European University, what has happened to PanAfricanism or PanIgboism.

Why not Imo Metropolitan University or University of Africa, Imo State.

Nice structures there though

Thats in Ogboko. Closer to Orlu or Uga than Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
abagoro:
the last pic here is a 3d design not a real pic

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AnambraDota: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
lygn19:

Let me tell you the truth, those guys are better than us, forget those things IDC is doing in Anambra, go to Enugu and see what Arab is doing there.

Indians and chinese are better than Nigerians, until we start telling ourselves the truth.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Bikers club

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
M0ron

CentralIntels:
Deaddiamond shut up! Imo state is in a mess, stop deceiving yourself. Obiano is a performer, so he is depleting the resources into infrastructural development. You need to sale yourself and buy sense. cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hope Rises For Ideato South School, SSTS, Dikenafai, As Prince Odoemena Moves To Revive College

Posted by admin on Jun 25th, 2015

The sorry and disheartening state of the once famous and one of the Senior Secondary Schools in Imo State, Senior Secondary Technical School, Dikenafai in Ideato South, will soon be a thing of the past as Prince Uchenna Odoemena has passionately come to the rescue of the college in all ramifications.
Addressing the school principal, Mrs Patience Uzoma and her staff in the principal’s office, Prince Odoemena, who came with two of his friends who are also old boys of the school, Engr Darlington Ibeh and Mr Victor Madumere, decried the level of decay in the school academically, morally and infrastructurally. He commended the principal and her staff for their selfless efforts notwithstanding, as he assured them that he and his team of friends (old boys) have decided to come in fully to help them revive and restore the school to her past glory.
Speaking earlier, Engr Ibe revealed that it has been a source of worry to most concerned old boys of the college seeing their alma mater decay to such a shameful state right before their very eyes. He commended Prince Odoemena who, after one of their usual discussions about the state of the college, decided to ignite the fire of intervention and revival in the school. Engr Ibe, while addressing the students, stressed on the need for increase in reading culture and habit.
Contributing, Mr Madumere went back memory lane to recall how good it used to feel to be a student or teacher at SSTS and even coming around the school premises. All he regretted is in the opposite presently and extolled Prince Odoemena for his understanding and patriotism.
The highlight of the visit was the presentation of fifteen copies of the book “The Daylight Pestilence” written by Engr Darlington Ibeh to the school by Prince Odoemena who also promised to register West African Examination Council (WAEC) for all the SS3 students, sponsor academic competitions in the school and help to revive the dilapidated infrastructural facilities no matter how little.
On behalf of the staff, the principal, Mrs Uzoma, thanked Prince Odoemena and his team for the kind and timely intervention, as she stressed the nonchalant attitude of parents towards encouraging their children and wards academically and morally.
She promised that the staff will surely sustain if not upgrade their efforts, as they now know that there are patriotic indigenes of the community and old boys of the college who appreciate and are ready to help their efforts.
Engr Ibeh benevolently appreciated about five students who were able to prove that they had read one or two novels on their own with a copy of his novel each as a source of encouragement and inspiration to read more.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=14495
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dirt road and neat road in New Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abagworo:
Dirt road and neat road in New Owerri.
the second road is towards or moving out from Concorde hotel
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
Deaddiamond e dey pain u because I said the truth. cheesy

RareDiamond:
M0ron

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
asha80:
the second road is towards or moving out from Concorde hotel

Heroes square.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Imo is already better ..we are now going for best
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abagworo:

Heroes square.
hello!
Is that your 3rd pix of an estate real? Or just a fotoshop?Cos it looks beautiful if it s real.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
You are a known b.astard born in the creeks. Now let me make it clear to you. Okada was banned flat in the whole state and it was not selective for any group or tribe.

Today in Onitsha, 1/3rd of imolites resident in the city who are mostly into fake drug retailing are the reason federal government is about to close he Head bridge market. Imolites whose their girls are mostly prostitutes are the reason Igbos are called whor.es. I have to stop over once at Casablanca to take a drink with some friends and to my utmost shock most of the girls there waiting for men are all from Imo state, through their language you can identify them easily.

The most criminally minded igbos are mostly from Imo state; that is why it safer to leave a snake and kill an Mbaise person. Bulk of those okada riders are mostly from Imo state and it is fair that they go back to their state since okada has been banned in Anambra.

Abagworo:

The truth is that our conscience should always play a part in whatever we do or say if truly we are religious. Fashola sent destitutes to their States of origin and it was made a Yoruba vs Igbo crisis by Peter Obi but Obiano today is doing the worst by sending away Ebonyi, Enugu and Kogi indigenes going about their normal Okada business. Enugu and Ebonyi are Igbos for that matter. Ohaneze has kept its mouth shut where it should be useful. Obiano needs to be called to order. No State has expelled Anambra indigenes for their high involvement in spare parts trading or heavy duty transport which constitutes nuisance to road users. Okada should be banned for everybody and not selective as there exists no evidence that all crimes are commited by Ebonyi, Kogi and Enugu indigenes. If I must say Anambra has more people with criminal tendency than those States.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
what is the plan of okorosha to curtail the high rate of prostitution and baby factory in the backward Imo state

Imo State police command yesterday paraded a 20-year-old deaf and mute pregnant girl identified as Blessing Nwanbekee for alleged baby factory business. Also paraded were four other ladies also found at the same home owned by Chief Emmanuel Eke from Isiala Ngwa South in Abia State.
Briefing newsmen yesterday, the state Commissioner of Police, Austin Evbakavbokun, said that one Miss Ibuchi Okafor, 20, from Ihioma in Orlu local government area of Imo State absconded from her home with a nine month old pregnancy only to be discovered in the premises of the trafficker, Eke at Isiala Ngwa South, Abia State. He said that the lady in question had delivered and sold the baby at N500 000 to an undisclosed buyer.
Evbakavbokun said that the police who launched an investigation after a report of the missing Ibuchi, found four other pregnant girls, Nkasiobi Uchenna, 23, Ela David, 24 from Isoko Delta State, Oluchi Victor, 25, Isialangwa, Abia State, including the deaf and dumb waiting for delivery at the premises of Eke.
He said that on interrogation the owner of the baby factory confessed to have sold the baby delivered by Ibuchi at the tune of N500 000.
Evbakavbokun however, assured that the state police command would not relent till the child traffickers in the state and kidnappers are completely chased out.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/20941-imo-baby-factory-cops-parade-pregnant-trafficker
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ongoing estate at Egbu

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2015

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abagworo:
Ongoing estate at Egbu
the road should be tarred...is it trans egbu or egbu proper?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abagworo my man what is okorosha industrial masterplan to engage mostly imo state prostitutes? A time will come when almost all the girls in imo state will not be marriageable. Btw, those shabby houses has been going on for the past 4yrs. tongue

anitabeauty:
Group known as Sisters Circle Nigeria has embarked on road show to enlighten women on the need for greater participation in politics and to protest the ugly notion that Imo girls are corrupt and wayward.
The road show which was held last week Friday, the 1st of August, commenced at the NTA premises Owerri and terminated at control post, by Assumpta round about. Addressing newsmen at the rally, the convener of the five thousand female youth match and leader of Sisters Circle Nigeria, Mrs. Peace-Charles Egbujor stated that they are matching for equity, justice and female emancipation, and more importantly, to correct the seeming discriminations against women and the perspectives in which women are perceived.
She regretted that the way people see women in Owerri in particular and Imo state in general as mostly prostitutes is a false representation of Imo women, and there was great need to protest against such.

She also noted that the many federal government tertiary institutions around Owerri, which offers admission to Nigerians from different states, among which are some of the ladies that engage in the prostitution also points to the fact that Imo ladies are not prostitutes, thereby pointing on the need to let the world know that Imo women are great women and positive minded, through the road match.
On the marginalization of women in the political scheme of things, especially in elective political offices, Mrs. Egbujor advocated greater women participation in governance, especially in elective political offices, noting that opportunities must be given to women to occupy leadership positions.
- See more at: http://themoment.com.ng/national/item/1519-sisters-circle-embarks-on-women-enlighten#sthash.i1YuEJP6.dpuf

https://www.nairaland.com/2410050/people-view-imo-state-women#35219682

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Broveens42(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65