Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,074 members, 7,838,715 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2418975 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2015
Pchidexy:

Read about her. She's very influential. She's owns Emzor Nigeria
this does not answer my question as there is no emzor company in awka
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Abagworo, while owerri should be known for ' fun' as you suggested, what will the rest of imo be known for?
Can't the rest go agricultural, industrial or something?

I hope you know that tourism abi fun can't stand alone, even Dubai is a big commercial center .
You still need roads and other infrastructures to drive tourism. Owerri has many bad roads and the sanitation is not as it used to be during ohakims time.

I know owerri is planned and with improved sanitation is one of Nigeria's finest but I think you over hype it's tourism. Do you equate just hotels to tourism or are there sites in owerri that I don't know about?

Nice point. Abagworo keep talking about tourism in Owerri. Dubai is a good example of tourism and commerce.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2015
asha80:
this does not answer my question as there is no emzor company in awka

It is not hidden at all. The company is along Enugu road in Awka.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOPRINCE: 11:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Everything is in the portion of everything...

Sometime I don't like commenting here in imo state thread or anambra thread nor enugwu thread cos you guys re something else biko.
We need a thread that will long for the unity of ndigbos. Not when you tell other igbo states that my state is far better than imo, anambra and enugwu state . Lol

Anyway, the reason why I comment here is because someone like abagworo's statement force a words
out of my mouth. Lol
However, I must comment.

How can you said that imo state should be known for tourist state alone. I laugh at your silly comment.
A state that has major links to rivers,abia,anambra and delta state.

So lagos that s known for both tourist,industries and trade is far better than imo state?
So akwa ibom or crossriver state that s known for tourist and trade is far better than imo state?

Pls everything is in the portion of everything. Imo's investment,trade and tourism altogether is a dream that will later materialise itself.

It has everything other state has. Don't make it sound like the state deserves a specification or dimensions which must be focus on tourist alone.

Echi di ime. With time, things will definitely change our impressions to the ways we look at things. Watch out.

My take.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
Everything is in the portion of everything...

Sometime I don't like commenting here in imo state thread or anambra thread nor enugwu thread cos you guys re something else biko.
We need a thread that will long for the unity of ndigbos. Not when you tell other igbo states that my state is far better than imo, anambra and enugwu state . Lol

Anyway, the reason why I comment here is because someone like abagworo's statement force a words
out of my mouth. Lol
However, I must comment.

How can you said that imo state should be known for tourist state alone. I laugh at your silly comment.
A state that has major links to rivers,abia,anambra and delta state.

So lagos that s known for both tourist,industries and trade is far better than imo state?
So akwa ibom or crossriver state that s known for tourist and trade is far better than imo state?

Pls everything is in the portion of everything. Imo's investment,trade and tourism altogether is a dream that will later materialise itself.

It has everything other state has. Don't make it sound like the state deserves a specification or dimensions which must be focus on tourist alone.

Echi di ime. With time, things will definitely change our impressions to the ways we look at things. Watch out.

My take.

Masterpiece
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chinology: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Abagworo, please come and meet your brother, leave this people and their foolery here.

https://www.nairaland.com/2667371/abagworo-abagworo-now-genesis-place
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
Pchidexy:

Nice point. Abagworo keep talking about tourism in Owerri. Dubai is a good example of tourism and commerce.
and oil, and science and technology, and retail, and manufacturing. All of these things are in Dubai in equal numbers and that's 1 city. It's in Nigeria than an entire state will be feed on tourism?

do YOU want to work at a hotel?

http://www.2daydubai.com/pages/dubai-manufactoring-and-heavy-industries-sector.php

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
What is this building for, I saw it at Okigwe , is this a government project or individual owned?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Spyder880, given the quality of pictures you're known for, it's becoming very obviously that you're deliberately trying to paint Imo in a bad light, which is sad because I from Imo was a fan of your business and travels. I don't know what about us made us the enemy but so be it. You were in Owerri and Okigwe and this is what you saw? Very difficult to believe and very disappointing. We all looked to you in high esteem.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Beautiful! What is this? It is in Okigwe too.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dawn123(f): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
What is wrong with this pictures? Nigerian youth!!! Instead of you to hold your leaders accountable you come here and praise mediocrity! are these places that are being shown here not in Owerri? or did you expect Spyder88 camera to lie? you need to wake up and smell the coffee the rest of the world is moving forward leaving the so cold giant of Africa behind. If you want Las Vegas I am afraid you need to start being realistic and start demanding for accountability and good governance from the so called leaders. Nigeria matter tire me a beg! !!
NB: The picture is Claremont Cape Town this afternoon

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
2019: Araraume, Ihedioha Others Coming (11)

Posted by admin on Oct 8th, 2015

I started this piece last week with the emphatic statement that come 2019, the likes of Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha, His Excellency Chief Ikedi Ohakim and Senator Hope Uzodinma will not only be major players in the Imo Political space, but will fight over the Governorship position currently occupied now by Owelle Rochas Okorocha, who has completely disappointed Imo populace due to his model of Governance which has kept the state in motion since 2011, but without any movement.
Any doubt that Ihedioha, Araraume and Co will dominate Imo Politics in 2019 was dashed with the list of Ministers rolled out by President Mohammadu Buhari.
I made it clear that politics is like Football, where it takes time to groom stars. And the moment the old players begin to exhibit their qualities, it takes time before they are displaced by new players.
Take or leave it, the current politicians in Imo will continue to dictate the pace of things for a long time to come. How long did Senator Arthur Nzeribe dominate the politics of Nigeria, Imo and Orlu before the combined efforts of Chief Achike Udenwa and other Orlu politicians tamed the Ogbuagu.
Therefore, it is no question asking if Araraume will vie for Imo Governorship election again, same for Ihedioha and Ohakim. They will if not must.
What should be the issue is whether they will accomplish their ambitions to rule Imo State. Ohakim has, and his tenure was truncated. This leaves Ihedioha and Araraume as major contenders. But mostly Araraume, whose dreams of ruling Imo State has always come to grief at the last minutes.
Therefore when Araraume comes in 2019, he will be coming with alot of experience on how to safe guard his victory, right from the party primary level, to the main general election.
In 2007 he was the Governor in-waiting until his friend and in-law, His Excellency, Chief Achike Udenwa disappointed him and could not put to fruition the optimism that his inlaw will hand- over to him as his successor. Although many said it was not Udenwa’s fault because of pressure from different angles, but some still swear that Araraume would have hoisted PDP Governorship flag in 2007 if Udenwa had stood his ground.
Just last December when Araraume appeared as an Aspirant for Governorship under PDP, after he had just returned to the party from defunct ACN, many wondered what he was up to.
Surprisingly, in the end, if not for Emeka Ihedioha’s sagacity and dogged resilient, Araraume would have snatched the PDP Governorship ticket. He fought hard as usual, but the diadem escaped him again by the whiskers, reminding him of the 2007 debacle.
Therefore, as destiny beckons on Araraume again in 2019, the Lion of Ishiebu will not approach Imo Governorship seat with kid’s glove, even though he will subdue himself to all due processes to nick the Imo Governorship seat, because 2019 may be his last chance, as age is approaching.
But the important question should be, under what platform would Araraume execute his election then? Will it be APC, APGA, PDP or which party?
The answer is that Araraume will run for Imo Governorship race in either PDP or APC.
However, it is going to be a herculean task. But that will not be a matter, as Araraume has grown used to tough matters.
For those who may not have noticed, Araraume has begun preparing for 2019 election. His “Destiny Organization” has remained busy since. The Organization has busied itself with two major things that are inevitable in politics; money and contacts.
Araraume has since planted his trusted allies in various with elections, and therefore abandon their “structures” for their personal businesses till the next election year, Araraume’s politics commences after elections. He continues to oil his political machine at the period when many political leaders had shunned their followers to rue the Millions of Naira they had spent in primaries.
Don’t forget that while Araraume schemes to plant surrogates at the helm of Imo PDP, he would be doing the same in APC which Gov Okorocha has given him a foothold.
However, by now Okorocha may have been savouring with the delusion that he had tricked Araraume to dislodge PDP to the advantage of his second term election, and therefore can do with what he likes with Araraume.
That is where Owelle Okorocha got it wrong. Okorocha may have been appointing his Task Forces and Committees without any input from Araraume, whose Boys Okorocha have completely abandoned in his recent appointments. And till date, Araraume has not uttered a word in this direction. But the time of reckoning is forth coming when the Lion of Ishiebu will call on Okorocha to give account on his contributions to his 2015 election triumph.
It is going to be easier to Araraume since Okorocha will not be running for 2019 Imo Governorship. Certainly Okorocha would like to plant his stooge as successor, but that is where the trouble with Araraume will start. It was on the grape vine that one of the conditions for Araraume to join Okorocha train was his 2019 Governorship ticket.
If that is true, Okorocha will realize that Senator Ifeanyi Godwin Araraume is not Chief Martin Agbaso.
In 2010, Martin Agbaso and Owelle Okorocha had struck a deal that Okorocha will hand over to him after one term. Martin therefore planted his younger brother, Chief Jude Agbaso to act as his Sheriff on Owelle Okorocha while the regime lasted. But Okorocha had other ideas and Jude Agbaso had to give way for Okorocha to complete Eight years in Office without interruption.
But Araraume will be a tough nut for Okorocha to crack without sweat, because when two male Tigers clash, the calamity will be unimaginable.
For Emeka Ihedioha, he will be there in 2019. He has ample chances because his structure will still remain fresh, s and favours to dish out like the last time, because having left his plum office as the Deputy Speaker of House of Representatives will reduce his propensity to dispense favours.he touched every strata of Imo politics by dishing out helps across the State. There is no part of Imo State that was not adequately represented in Ihedioha’s Train. He lifted many abandoned old politicians who many thought had waved final goodbye to cosy living.
Many forgotten Ex State and National Lawmakers, past Government Appointees, finished Contractors, obselete Traditional Rulers, moribund Youth Leaders, including frustrated hangers-on were restituted by Emeka Ihedioha.
I know many people today who would have been nothing, if they had been alive today, if not for Ihedioha’s magnanimity. Whether these people will remember in the long term is their own problem.
That Emeka Ihedioha lost Imo Governorship election was not exclusively his personal fault but because of accumulated factors in his political party, PDP; a political party that can be linkened to Crocodile.
Crocodile eats its young ones when it is hungry, only to begin to look for them after it had assuaged its hunger.
Imo PDP is like a group of ambitious fellows who found themselves in a hole. But rather than form a chain to swing out one of them to go out and find a Ladder for others, they will all resort to individual efforts to climb out singly, and in the process all of them remain in the hole.
Why has PDP lost all Governorship elections in Imo State after Achike Udenwa in 1999-2007? Sabotage. Greed. Envy. Ambition. At the crucial time, each of the Leaders will have an excuse not to support the party’s flag bearer, but instead join opposition candidate.
Owerri Zone is by now rueing why it could not support her son, Emeka Ihedioha. Yet Ihedioha has no political future without his people; Owerri Zone.
Therefore, he should forgive them and reconcile with even those who worked for his failure. What the outing has done to him is to acquire more experience in politics and human Psychology. Was it a surprise that some people making a living out Ihedioha’s magnanity, whom he made sure their names appeared on the Imo PDP Delegate lists, voted for his opponents in the primaries? Yet they feed from Ihedioha. Human begins are wicked. Even God Knows that.
Whatever are the short-comings and disappointments, Ihedioha will come in 2019. Age is on his side and he has the capacity to continue the ambition.
The problem Ihedioha will encounter is the battle for his party’s ticket if he wants to run for Governorship. Whether PDP will make impact is not in doubt. The only stumbling block is if the party has learnt its lessons.
Already, the current APC administration led by Okorocha has shored up the chances of any other serious political party in the State. Even though things may change before 2019, but it will not be for the better for the simply reason that Okorocha has made up his mind that Imo people did not vote for him in 2015 even though he won the election and has resolved to pay them back in their own coins.
For sure, if Imo PDP voted for him, why would Emeka Ihedioha stretch him to the limit with a re- run election that tasked him both mentally and financially to wriggle out?
So, one of the reasons for which Okorocha is punishing Imo people today is because of Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha. He knows Imo voted for Ihedioha. So, it is left for Ihedioha to do what he can to remain in the psyche of Imo people till 2019.
2019 may look far, yet is close for a serious politician with pending ambitions. Can Ihedioha retain his “men” till 2019 elections? It requires a Philanthropic heart to continue to give, and strong mind to make sacrifices and enduring focus to win a marathon race. Has Ihedioha all these? Days ahead will task him, but he must not fall over-board.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=15099
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Pchidexy:

It is not hidden at all. The company is along Enugu road in Awka.
Hope you don't mean juhel?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Okorocha Actualizing Industrialization Promise
By admin -
September 2, 2015

The Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has commenced the implementation of his second-term campaign promise to industrialize the state and create jobs for unemployed youths.
Declaring open the Imo State government-sponsored Trade and Investment Forum at the Imo State Trade and Investment Centre complex, formerly Ahiajoku Convention Centre, New Owerri, Owelle Okorocha disclosed that his trips abroad aimed at attracting investors and industrialists to the state have started yielding concrete results, as the first set of investors have arrived the state to begin work on their projects.
Governor Okorocha identified some of the industrialists from abroad who were at the Imo Trade and Investment Forum to participate in the event to include Industrialists who are from South Korea who will develop the Oguta Blue Lake of Treasure into a world-class tourism complex and another team from that country which will build the towering 1000 apartment adjacent the Imo Trade and Investment Centre. He also named a team of Israelis who have arrived the state to remodel and upgrade the Avutu Poultry into a mega-poultry complex capable of attaining more than ten times its present production capacity, a team from England whose concentration will be to reconstruct the Fishing Farms in Onuimo into a multi-million Naira fish production complex and a sister team from the same country which will remodel and reactivate the Okigwe water complex to supply water to Okigwe zone and its environs, adding that the industrialists and investors were coming with their vehicles and equipment to enable them operate smoothly.
Others the governor identified among the participants at the forum were Vietnamese investment consortium who will transform the Imo Palm Plantation complex to a production capacity more than three times what it used to be and a South African team which will build community power plants to supply electricity to communities. Another South African team of investors now in the state will provide expert security services which will secure Imo State. A group of investors from India were also at the forum and was identified by Governor Okorocha as
industrialists that will establish vehicle assembly plants in the state, in addition to other investors who arrived the state from Turkey and China. Owelle Okorocha also introduced a prominent Nigerian industrialist and indigene of Imo State, Dr. Innocent Nzuma who will establish a 1,600 megawatt power plant to boost electricity supply in the state and had already built a power plant at Egbema. Governor Okorocha also announced that Shell Petroleum is building a 3.2 billion dollar gas plant at Assa Egbema. Owelle Okorocha recalled that in his first tenure in office he fulfilled his promise of free education programme and provided adequate health care facilities through the construction of 27 modern hospital complexes across the state and pledged to ensure that his 2015 election promise of industrializing the state and providing employment to the unemployed in the state is accomplished in like manner.
Owelle Okorocha who acknowledged the need for the private sector to assist his administration in industrializing the state described Imo as endowed with able-bodied men and women that would provide adequate manpower for the programme, arable and fertile land for agricultural projects and pledged enabling government commitment to ensure that the industrialization programme succeeds. He assured foreign and local investors that the state government will provide land, accommodation and transport in addition to assisting foreign investors in processing their residency visas and other immigration formalities to enable them establish in the state, and facilitate his programme of banishing poverty in the state. He described the convening of the Imo Trade and Investment Forum as the beginning of the journey to industrialize the state.
Speaking earlier, the chairman of the Imo Trade and Investment Forum and indigene of the state, Dr. Nzuma Innocent said that with the enormous human and industrial potentials of the state, coupled with abundant natural resources and a very large market, Imo State would become the industrial pride of the South East. Dr. Nzuma advised Governor Okorocha to ensure that his administration provides the instruments and enabling environment to motivate.
Dr. Nzuma who is the Managing Director of Nzuma Group, Abuja said he had established one power plant in Egbema Imo State and ready to accomplish the installation of the 1,600 mega watt power generation plant in the state, adding that he will also venture in agro-business in partnership
with his Ukrainian counterparts. The Imo Trade and Investment Forum chairman called on all credible foreign and local investors to come and partner with Imo State government in its laudable industrialization programme which will grow the economy of the state and that of Nigeria at large and also facilitate meaningful provision of employment to youths in the state.
He said Imo State constitutes a large market because of its position as central link to Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia and Portharcourt and described the industrialization programme of Governor Okorocha as a great stride.
In a keynote address captioned, “Process for Trade and Investment in Imo State, the need for public-private-partnership,” the National President of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Dr. Ray Jacobs regretted that previous government’s industrialization programmes could not succeed because of their failure to effectively involve the private sector in their implementation.
Dr. Jacobs stressed the need for the state government to provide credible and workable industrial blue-print that will ensure adequate participation of the private sector and ensure that corruption is reduced to the barest minimum, if the industrialization programme will succeed.
The MAN President who is an indigene of Mgbidi Imo State harped on the need for government to ensure adequate security and provide and equip all existing industrial estates with necessary infrastructure to attract foreign and local investors. He described the Igbo as a very industrious and hardworking people which is typical of the Imo man and stressed the need for the state government to encourage investors at all costs to help develop the state pointing out that many states in Nigeria have hundreds of industries.
A Senator and industrialist from Maryland, USA, Senator Charles Anthony Muse described Owelle Okorocha as blessed by God to do, exploit and accomplish landmark projects. He assured the Governor of the commitment of industrialists from the United States accomplishing his administration’s industrialization programme.
Adding his voice, the Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly, Chief Acho Ihim announced the commitment of the state legislators to foster rapid industrial development in the state and commended the state Governor Owelle Okorocha for his developmental strides.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/okorocha-actualizing-industrialization-promise/

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2015
asha80:
the second pic is supposedly a road rehabiltated not more that 3 yrs ago
What you just saw is the handiwork of Okorocha. This is what you get when you have a China Governor in state house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
Dawn123:
What is wrong with this pictures? Nigerian youth!!! Instead of you to hold your leaders accountable you come here and praise mediocrity! are these places that are being shown here not in Owerri? or did you expect Spyder88 camera to lie? you need to wake up and smell the coffee the rest of the world is moving forward leaving the so cold giant of Africa behind. If you want Las Vegas I am afraid you need to start being realistic and start demanding for accountability and good governance from the so called leaders. Nigeria matter tire me a beg! !!
NB: The picture is Claremont Cape Town this afternoon

What Spyder88 did is wrong. He wants to create a wrong impression which to me is unnecessary as he stands to gain nothing. Much of April I was in Enugu and most roads recently constructed had potholes and filled with sand deposits. I was equally in many areas that were very bad and even inaccessible. Did I go to the Enugu thread to post them? The Enugu-Onitsha road has been bad for years but have you seen anyone post pictures of it to condemn Enugu in Enugu thread? Ndigbo should be careful how far they go trying to tarnish Okorocha's image. Imo State is not Okorocha and their politics of hate should not extend to false representation of facts or manipulation of images to ridicule Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
DavidAnte:
I don't understand how you build major city roads with no sidewalks for pedestrians.Nigeria has a long long way to go.

You are right about that but equally wrong as many roads have sidewalks in Owerri. Same with most other cities. The issue is that majority of the inner streets are without sidewalks.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 3:26am On Oct 16, 2015
RareDiamond:

2019: Araraume, Ihedioha Others Coming (11)

Posted by admin on Oct 8th, 2015

I started this piece last week with the emphatic statement that come 2019, the likes of Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha, His Excellency Chief Ikedi Ohakim and Senator Hope Uzodinma will not only be major players in the Imo Political space, but will fight over the Governorship position currently occupied now by Owelle Rochas Okorocha, who has completely disappointed Imo populace due to his model of Governance which has kept the state in motion since 2011, but without any movement.
Any doubt that Ihedioha, Araraume and Co will dominate Imo Politics in 2019 was dashed with the list of Ministers rolled out by President Mohammadu Buhari.
I made it clear that politics is like Football, where it takes time to groom stars. And the moment the old players begin to exhibit their qualities, it takes time before they are displaced by new players.
Take or leave it, the current politicians in Imo will continue to dictate the pace of things for a long time to come. How long did Senator Arthur Nzeribe dominate the politics of Nigeria, Imo and Orlu before the combined efforts of Chief Achike Udenwa and other Orlu politicians tamed the Ogbuagu.
Therefore, it is no question asking if Araraume will vie for Imo Governorship election again, same for Ihedioha and Ohakim. They will if not must.
What should be the issue is whether they will accomplish their ambitions to rule Imo State. Ohakim has, and his tenure was truncated. This leaves Ihedioha and Araraume as major contenders. But mostly Araraume, whose dreams of ruling Imo State has always come to grief at the last minutes.
Therefore when Araraume comes in 2019, he will be coming with alot of experience on how to safe guard his victory, right from the party primary level, to the main general election.
In 2007 he was the Governor in-waiting until his friend and in-law, His Excellency, Chief Achike Udenwa disappointed him and could not put to fruition the optimism that his inlaw will hand- over to him as his successor. Although many said it was not Udenwa’s fault because of pressure from different angles, but some still swear that Araraume would have hoisted PDP Governorship flag in 2007 if Udenwa had stood his ground.
Just last December when Araraume appeared as an Aspirant for Governorship under PDP, after he had just returned to the party from defunct ACN, many wondered what he was up to.
Surprisingly, in the end, if not for Emeka Ihedioha’s sagacity and dogged resilient, Araraume would have snatched the PDP Governorship ticket. He fought hard as usual, but the diadem escaped him again by the whiskers, reminding him of the 2007 debacle.
Therefore, as destiny beckons on Araraume again in 2019, the Lion of Ishiebu will not approach Imo Governorship seat with kid’s glove, even though he will subdue himself to all due processes to nick the Imo Governorship seat, because 2019 may be his last chance, as age is approaching.
But the important question should be, under what platform would Araraume execute his election then? Will it be APC, APGA, PDP or which party?
The answer is that Araraume will run for Imo Governorship race in either PDP or APC.
However, it is going to be a herculean task. But that will not be a matter, as Araraume has grown used to tough matters.
For those who may not have noticed, Araraume has begun preparing for 2019 election. His “Destiny Organization” has remained busy since. The Organization has busied itself with two major things that are inevitable in politics; money and contacts.
Araraume has since planted his trusted allies in various with elections, and therefore abandon their “structures” for their personal businesses till the next election year, Araraume’s politics commences after elections. He continues to oil his political machine at the period when many political leaders had shunned their followers to rue the Millions of Naira they had spent in primaries.
Don’t forget that while Araraume schemes to plant surrogates at the helm of Imo PDP, he would be doing the same in APC which Gov Okorocha has given him a foothold.
However, by now Okorocha may have been savouring with the delusion that he had tricked Araraume to dislodge PDP to the advantage of his second term election, and therefore can do with what he likes with Araraume.
That is where Owelle Okorocha got it wrong. Okorocha may have been appointing his Task Forces and Committees without any input from Araraume, whose Boys Okorocha have completely abandoned in his recent appointments. And till date, Araraume has not uttered a word in this direction. But the time of reckoning is forth coming when the Lion of Ishiebu will call on Okorocha to give account on his contributions to his 2015 election triumph.
It is going to be easier to Araraume since Okorocha will not be running for 2019 Imo Governorship. Certainly Okorocha would like to plant his stooge as successor, but that is where the trouble with Araraume will start. It was on the grape vine that one of the conditions for Araraume to join Okorocha train was his 2019 Governorship ticket.
If that is true, Okorocha will realize that Senator Ifeanyi Godwin Araraume is not Chief Martin Agbaso.
In 2010, Martin Agbaso and Owelle Okorocha had struck a deal that Okorocha will hand over to him after one term. Martin therefore planted his younger brother, Chief Jude Agbaso to act as his Sheriff on Owelle Okorocha while the regime lasted. But Okorocha had other ideas and Jude Agbaso had to give way for Okorocha to complete Eight years in Office without interruption.
But Araraume will be a tough nut for Okorocha to crack without sweat, because when two male Tigers clash, the calamity will be unimaginable.
For Emeka Ihedioha, he will be there in 2019. He has ample chances because his structure will still remain fresh, s and favours to dish out like the last time, because having left his plum office as the Deputy Speaker of House of Representatives will reduce his propensity to dispense favours.he touched every strata of Imo politics by dishing out helps across the State. There is no part of Imo State that was not adequately represented in Ihedioha’s Train. He lifted many abandoned old politicians who many thought had waved final goodbye to cosy living.
Many forgotten Ex State and National Lawmakers, past Government Appointees, finished Contractors, obselete Traditional Rulers, moribund Youth Leaders, including frustrated hangers-on were restituted by Emeka Ihedioha.
I know many people today who would have been nothing, if they had been alive today, if not for Ihedioha’s magnanimity. Whether these people will remember in the long term is their own problem.
That Emeka Ihedioha lost Imo Governorship election was not exclusively his personal fault but because of accumulated factors in his political party, PDP; a political party that can be linkened to Crocodile.
Crocodile eats its young ones when it is hungry, only to begin to look for them after it had assuaged its hunger.
Imo PDP is like a group of ambitious fellows who found themselves in a hole. But rather than form a chain to swing out one of them to go out and find a Ladder for others, they will all resort to individual efforts to climb out singly, and in the process all of them remain in the hole.
Why has PDP lost all Governorship elections in Imo State after Achike Udenwa in 1999-2007? Sabotage. Greed. Envy. Ambition. At the crucial time, each of the Leaders will have an excuse not to support the party’s flag bearer, but instead join opposition candidate.
Owerri Zone is by now rueing why it could not support her son, Emeka Ihedioha. Yet Ihedioha has no political future without his people; Owerri Zone.
Therefore, he should forgive them and reconcile with even those who worked for his failure. What the outing has done to him is to acquire more experience in politics and human Psychology. Was it a surprise that some people making a living out Ihedioha’s magnanity, whom he made sure their names appeared on the Imo PDP Delegate lists, voted for his opponents in the primaries? Yet they feed from Ihedioha. Human begins are wicked. Even God Knows that.
Whatever are the short-comings and disappointments, Ihedioha will come in 2019. Age is on his side and he has the capacity to continue the ambition.
The problem Ihedioha will encounter is the battle for his party’s ticket if he wants to run for Governorship. Whether PDP will make impact is not in doubt. The only stumbling block is if the party has learnt its lessons.
Already, the current APC administration led by Okorocha has shored up the chances of any other serious political party in the State. Even though things may change before 2019, but it will not be for the better for the simply reason that Okorocha has made up his mind that Imo people did not vote for him in 2015 even though he won the election and has resolved to pay them back in their own coins.
For sure, if Imo PDP voted for him, why would Emeka Ihedioha stretch him to the limit with a re- run election that tasked him both mentally and financially to wriggle out?
So, one of the reasons for which Okorocha is punishing Imo people today is because of Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha. He knows Imo voted for Ihedioha. So, it is left for Ihedioha to do what he can to remain in the psyche of Imo people till 2019.
2019 may look far, yet is close for a serious politician with pending ambitions. Can Ihedioha retain his “men” till 2019 elections? It requires a Philanthropic heart to continue to give, and strong mind to make sacrifices and enduring focus to win a marathon race. Has Ihedioha all these? Days ahead will task him, but he must not fall over-board.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=15099

2019 shall be the turn of Orlu zone to govern Imo state.

Rochas Okorocha governed on behalf of Owerri zone; even his deputy governor from Owerri zone recently announced before the media that Rochas Okorocha did 75% of his development efforts in Owerri zone, but analysts believe it is more than 95%.

The last governor before Okorocha was from Okigwe zone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:09am On Oct 16, 2015
mandax:

Rochas Okorocha governed on behalf of Owerri zone; even his deputy governor from Owerri zone recently announced before the media that Rochas Okorocha did 75% of his development efforts in Owerri zone, but analysts believe it is more than 95%.

trash talk

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2015
asha80:
trash talk
You have only one vote.

Even at that, if equity is it, Orlu zone is twice Okigwe zone.
Did Abagworo not tell una several times that next Imo governor after Okorocha shall come from Oguta/Ohaji-Egbema/Oru East/Oru West area?
The game is already set
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2015
mandax:

You have only one vote.

Even at that, if equity is it, Orlu zone is twice Okigwe zone.
Did Abagworo not tell una several times that next Imo governor after Okorocha shall come from Oguta/Ohakim/Oru East/Oru West area?
The game is already set
I repeat trash talk..you also have one vote too.
Divisive stupid mentality..okorocha from the so called orlu zone decided not too do much in his zone according to you so other zones have to see it that it was not orlu zone that rochas was from right?do you even listen to yourself?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 6:58am On Oct 16, 2015
mandax:

guy this is trash talk .
The formal governor b4 rochas governed orlu zone, cos i heard they didnt vote him in okigwe zone. most of his development is 75% in orlu zone.
Therefore , it s turn of okigwe zone to govern imo state in 2019.
if you want to be fair.

To me the next governor should come from ogwuta/oguta or mbeise if you really wanna be fair to others..

zone ko zone ni..to hell with zone.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2015
biafranking:

Yeah, zoning should go to hell.

But what is ko, what is ni? Are you speaking Arabic? Abi you no be Igbo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2015
RareDiamond:

Okorocha Actualizing Industrialization Promise
By admin -
September 2, 2015

The Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has commenced the implementation of his second-term campaign promise to industrialize the state and create jobs for unemployed youths.
Declaring open the Imo State government-sponsored Trade and Investment Forum at the Imo State Trade and Investment Centre complex, formerly Ahiajoku Convention Centre, New Owerri, Owelle Okorocha disclosed that his trips abroad aimed at attracting investors and industrialists to the state have started yielding concrete results, as the first set of investors have arrived the state to begin work on their projects.
Governor Okorocha identified some of the industrialists from abroad who were at the Imo Trade and Investment Forum to participate in the event to include Industrialists who are from South Korea who will develop the Oguta Blue Lake of Treasure into a world-class tourism complex and another team from that country which will build the towering 1000 apartment adjacent the Imo Trade and Investment Centre. He also named a team of Israelis who have arrived the state to remodel and upgrade the Avutu Poultry into a mega-poultry complex capable of attaining more than ten times its present production capacity, a team from England whose concentration will be to reconstruct the Fishing Farms in Onuimo into a multi-million Naira fish production complex and a sister team from the same country which will remodel and reactivate the Okigwe water complex to supply water to Okigwe zone and its environs, adding that the industrialists and investors were coming with their vehicles and equipment to enable them operate smoothly.
Others the governor identified among the participants at the forum were Vietnamese investment consortium who will transform the Imo Palm Plantation complex to a production capacity more than three times what it used to be and a South African team which will build community power plants to supply electricity to communities. Another South African team of investors now in the state will provide expert security services which will secure Imo State. A group of investors from India were also at the forum and was identified by Governor Okorocha as
industrialists that will establish vehicle assembly plants in the state, in addition to other investors who arrived the state from Turkey and China. Owelle Okorocha also introduced a prominent Nigerian industrialist and indigene of Imo State, Dr. Innocent Nzuma who will establish a 1,600 megawatt power plant to boost electricity supply in the state and had already built a power plant at Egbema. Governor Okorocha also announced that Shell Petroleum is building a 3.2 billion dollar gas plant at Assa Egbema. Owelle Okorocha recalled that in his first tenure in office he fulfilled his promise of free education programme and provided adequate health care facilities through the construction of 27 modern hospital complexes across the state and pledged to ensure that his 2015 election promise of industrializing the state and providing employment to the unemployed in the state is accomplished in like manner.
Owelle Okorocha who acknowledged the need for the private sector to assist his administration in industrializing the state described Imo as endowed with able-bodied men and women that would provide adequate manpower for the programme, arable and fertile land for agricultural projects and pledged enabling government commitment to ensure that the industrialization programme succeeds. He assured foreign and local investors that the state government will provide land, accommodation and transport in addition to assisting foreign investors in processing their residency visas and other immigration formalities to enable them establish in the state, and facilitate his programme of banishing poverty in the state. He described the convening of the Imo Trade and Investment Forum as the beginning of the journey to industrialize the state.
Speaking earlier, the chairman of the Imo Trade and Investment Forum and indigene of the state, Dr. Nzuma Innocent said that with the enormous human and industrial potentials of the state, coupled with abundant natural resources and a very large market, Imo State would become the industrial pride of the South East. Dr. Nzuma advised Governor Okorocha to ensure that his administration provides the instruments and enabling environment to motivate.
Dr. Nzuma who is the Managing Director of Nzuma Group, Abuja said he had established one power plant in Egbema Imo State and ready to accomplish the installation of the 1,600 mega watt power generation plant in the state, adding that he will also venture in agro-business in partnership
with his Ukrainian counterparts. The Imo Trade and Investment Forum chairman called on all credible foreign and local investors to come and partner with Imo State government in its laudable industrialization programme which will grow the economy of the state and that of Nigeria at large and also facilitate meaningful provision of employment to youths in the state.
He said Imo State constitutes a large market because of its position as central link to Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia and Portharcourt and described the industrialization programme of Governor Okorocha as a great stride.
In a keynote address captioned, “Process for Trade and Investment in Imo State, the need for public-private-partnership,” the National President of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Dr. Ray Jacobs regretted that previous government’s industrialization programmes could not succeed because of their failure to effectively involve the private sector in their implementation.
Dr. Jacobs stressed the need for the state government to provide credible and workable industrial blue-print that will ensure adequate participation of the private sector and ensure that corruption is reduced to the barest minimum, if the industrialization programme will succeed.
The MAN President who is an indigene of Mgbidi Imo State harped on the need for government to ensure adequate security and provide and equip all existing industrial estates with necessary infrastructure to attract foreign and local investors. He described the Igbo as a very industrious and hardworking people which is typical of the Imo man and stressed the need for the state government to encourage investors at all costs to help develop the state pointing out that many states in Nigeria have hundreds of industries.
A Senator and industrialist from Maryland, USA, Senator Charles Anthony Muse described Owelle Okorocha as blessed by God to do, exploit and accomplish landmark projects. He assured the Governor of the commitment of industrialists from the United States accomplishing his administration’s industrialization programme.
Adding his voice, the Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly, Chief Acho Ihim announced the commitment of the state legislators to foster rapid industrial development in the state and commended the state Governor Owelle Okorocha for his developmental strides.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/okorocha-actualizing-industrialization-promise/

Wash Wash! Newspaper industries! I am forcing myself to believe I this Okorocha's govt.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
asha80:
I repeat trash talk..you also have one vote too.
Divisive stupid mentality..okorocha from the so called orlu zone decided not too do much in his zone according to you so other zones have to see it that it was not orlu zone that rochas was from right?do you even listen to yourself?

No, fact is that Okorocha not only did tiny or nothing in his Orlu zone, he destroyed and dismantled infrastructure he met in many parts of his Orlu zone, but devoted close to 95% of his development efforts in Owerri zone.

Therefore, Orlu zone is qualified to contest for Imo governorship 2019.

And mind how you use words - talking trash, stupid, mentality, divisive - this is not a wrestling arena.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
It's idiotic to still fight for 'your zone'.

If orlu zone is 'given' the governorship, Hope Uzodinma will take it and he's 100x more selfish and wicked than Okorocha. He didn't go to school and is a career thief and con-artist that regularly sells his own people out. I'm from his village and we haven't seen a shred of development from his senatorial seat.

So why be stupid again and opt for 'Orlu Zone' to win it. Orlu zone has the most barbaric and ignorant political class in the whole of the east. No education. Rochas is one of many.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
biafranking:
guy this is trash talk .
The formal governor b4 rochas governed orlu zone, cos i heard they didnt vote him in okigwe zone. most of his development is 75% in orlu zone.
Therefore , it s turn of okigwe zone to govern imo state in 2019.
if you want to be fair.

To me the next governor should come from ogwuta/oguta or mbeise if you really wanna be fair to others..

abeg o! What did Ohakim do for Orlu zone? Nna make una no dey lie!

Every Ohakim's achievements were in Owerri.

Haba!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
mandax:

No, fact is that Okorocha not only did tiny or nothing in his Orlu zone, he destroyed and dismantled infrastructure he met in many parts of his Orlu zone, but devoted close to 95% of his development efforts in Owerri zone.

Therefore, Orlu zone is qualified to contest for Imo governorship 2019.

And mind how you use words - talking trash, stupid, mentality, divisive - this is not a wrestling arena.

Akuko! Mgbe oge ruru
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
It's idiotic to still fight for 'your zone'.

If orlu zone is 'given' the governorship, Hope Uzodinma will take it and he's 100x more selfish and wicked than Okorocha. He didn't go to school and is a career thief and con-artist that regularly sells his own people out. I'm from his village and we haven't seen a shred of development from his senatorial seat.

So why be stupid again and opt for 'Orlu Zone' to win it. Orlu zone has the most barbaric and ignorant political class in the whole of the east. No education. Rochas is one of many.

Some enlightened guber candidates from Orlu zone, not Hope Uzodinma, shall emerge to chase away the political influences of Hope Uzodinma and Rochas Okorocha from Orlu zone by 2019.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2015
mandax:

Yeah, zoning should go to hell.

But what is ko, what is ni? Are you speaking Arabic? Abi you no be Igbo
i am not igbo neither arabian but am biafra...
ko and ni means indeed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2015
Beremx:
abeg o! What did Ohakim do for Orlu zone? Nna make una no dey lie!

Every Ohakim's achievements were in Owerri.

Haba!
then every rochas's achievement is in orlu or owerri too..

Maybe yu didnt get my jerk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.