Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408883 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
OKOROCHA REASSURES IMO TEACHERS OF PROMPT PAYMENT OF SALARIES

The Executive Governor of Imo State Owelle Rochas Okorocha celebrated this year’s teachers day with a firm promise to the teachers that their salaries will always be paid as at when due.

The Governor stated this at the 2015 World Teachers Day held at the Heroes Square, Owerri. Owelle Okorocha expressed his pleasure with the teachers for keeping faith with his administration in its guest to eradicate poverty and illiteracy in the state through the provision of qualitative and free education. He stressed that his love for the Imo teachers has made them the envy of other civil servants and vowed that not even the present economic situation of the country which has drastically reduced the allocation given to state can separate him from his teachers. Speaking further, the Governor described the teachers as the custodian of the children’s future and as such should emulate Christ in moulding the lives of the children under their tutelage.

He reminded all present that the best legacy you can give to a child is education, as education is power, stating that it was the guest to give power to they children of Imo State that informed his kind gesture of free and qualitative education to the Imo wards.

The Governor stated that in assumption of office four years ago, that Imo state has about eleven thousand teachers and that has been doubled to accommodate the rising increase in the number of intakes as a result of the free education. He re-echoed that 305 schools have been constructed by his administration and the old schools within the Owerri municipality has been renovated and transformed in the shape of a mini university.

Owelle Okorocha further admonished the teachers that to whom “much is given much is expected”, he enjoined them to reciprocate government gesture by been dedicated to their duties and seeing that the school environment where they teach is always clean and weeded as cleanliness he opines is next to godliness.

The governor equally expressed his desire to introduce a Teachers adjustment programme which will be geared towards making sure that every teacher is entitled to twenty five students and which will equally ensure that the concept of teachers packing in few schools in the town at the detriment of schools in the rural areas is stopped and addressed.

Earlier, in his address the NUT State Chairman Sir Napoleon Aniche re affirmed the total support, loyalty and commitment of the teachers to the rescue mission government. He stated equivocally that since the creation of Imo State in 1976 that without fear of contradiction no past government has indentified with the teachers like the present government.

The NUT boss re-emphasized that the teachers in the state has entered into irrevocable bond either to sail or sink with the Governor. He stressed that the theme of the celebration “Empowering Teachers, Building Sustainable Societies” is very apt and in tandem with governor Okorocha’s vision of free and qualitative education.

The teachers boss equally brought to the attention of the governor some of their challenges which includes, the plight of the retired primary school teachers, regular payment of running costs to school heads, inadequate teachers, and donation of land for the building of teachers village.

Contributing, the national president of NUT, Comrade Michael Olukoya in his message thanked the Governor for prompt payment of teachers salaries despite the current economic challenges facing the nation and call for its sustainability.

Mbidoaka Livinus For: Chief Press Secretary Government House Owerri 5th October,2015

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
A developing area.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Imo Varsity Wins 2015 Championship
Debate
By Charles Ogugbuaja, Owerri on October 4, 2015 3:25
am

THE 2015 All Nigerian Universities Debating
Championship ended, with the host institution, Imo
State University (IMSU), Owerri, emerging winner.
Twenty-five universities from Nigeria and four others
from Ghana, Zambia, Mozambique and South Africa
participated in the one week event.

With the theme: “All Nigerian Universities Debate
Changing The World In Seven Minutes,” the Chief
Judge of Imo State, Paschal Nnadi, who also doubled
as the chairman of the fiesta, described the exercise
as ‘brain cracking,’ adding that it was purpose driven
with determined mind of the participants to maintain
high academic excellence. Nnadi described the
hosting of the event, as a pride in Igbo land.

In her address, the acting Vice Chancellor of the
school, Prof. Adaobi Obasi, noted that the
management, staff and students of the institution are
happy to have hosted and emerged winner of the
event, urging the students to remain dedicated and
academically sound to position themselves for the
future

In the highly competitive event, the Local Organising
Committee Chairman, Prof. Violene Obinna, expressed
delight that the institution carried the day in the
exercise, urging the students to be courageous in
aspiring to be at the top, adding that hard work
pays.

The convener of the event, Modestus Ekenze, said the
exercise rekindled self-confidence, making the
students available to succeed in the field of
academics. He called on the students to be ‘selfless,
sincere and determined’.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/imo-varsity-wins-2015-championship-debate/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
Abagworo,keep the good work going. I want to see JOBS JOBS, FACTORIES, FACTORIES as promised by Okorocha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:41am On Oct 06, 2015
Internal rural roads at Amaigbo the historic home town of "Jaja of Opobo".

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Shoprite at Egbu nearing completion.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ekafine(f): 10:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Hmm! imo state wants to join akwaibom in mall business but this imo state mall looks like an ordinary hall. why e come dey look like ordinary hall abi na ware house they are building? doesn't look like a mall at all. why nah?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
ekafine:
Hmm! imo state wants to join akwaibom in mall business but this imo state mall looks like an ordinary hall. why e come dey look like ordinary hall abi na ware house they are building? doesn't look like a mall at all. why nah?
if u are an illiterate please dont comment on thingz u dont know, after dat stage on d pic, doz rectangular markings on the floor are for the walls. or do u think they want to sell okrika clothes there?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
I have been in Owerri for 5 full days now, pictures soon..........

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by manchy7531: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

Patiently waiting. This thread has been slow with updates. When ever i come home will surely make sure i tour New Owerri to the fullest and update this thread with pictures. New Owerri is yet to be covered on this thread. It has some to the finest real estate the world is yet to see, couple with some new 4/5 star hotels and clubs springing up there. Can somebody please update this thread with pictures of New Owerri?

We are far behind Enugu and Anambra when it comes to update. No thanks to that fat belly dullard we have as governor
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

Soon when spyder?.. That's my state. we re waiting... smiley
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mightyhaze: 7:01am On Oct 11, 2015
manchy7531:

Patiently waiting. This thread has been slow with updates. When ever i come home will surely make sure i tour New Owerri to the fullest and update this thread with pictures. New Owerri is yet to be covered on this thread. It has some to the finest real estate the world is yet to see, couple with some new 4/5 star hotels and clubs springing up there. Can somebody please update this thread with pictures of New Owerri?

We are far behind Enugu and Anambra when it comes to update. No thanks to that fat belly dullard we have as governor
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mightyhaze: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2015
spyder880:
plsmake it quik spyder.am plannin a tour on all south. East states b4 d year runs out. Its gon be a non stop itinerary update here. Av always been 2busy weneva I visit,but dats abt 2 change now.. cool

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2015
New zones coming up in more pars of Owerri. .........

pictures not loading now

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/13/imo-industrialisation-government-recovers-two-defunct-factories/

The Imo State government has recovered two
major defunct state-owned factories which was
formerly sold out to the Nigeria Deposit Insurance
Company (NDIC).
In line with the total industrialisation programme of
the present administration, the Resin Paints
Industry in Aboh Mbaise and Paper Packaging
Industry Limited in Owerre-Mbieri were recuperated
after many years for non-productivity.
The State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, made the
disclosure during the handing over ceremony at the
Imo Trade Investment Centre in Owerri, the Imo
State capital, South-East Nigeria.
Governor Okorocha stressed that the government
was able to recover the two factories, which
remains one of the greatest legacies of the late
Governor Sam Mbakwe’s administration, from the
NDIC at the verge of selling it out to prospective
buyers.
A representative of the NDIC, Obaji Obaji, clearly
stated that the Imo State government has
completed all the transactions and done all the
needful, as the two factories now fully belong to the
Imo State government.
The Chairman of the Imo State Trade Investment
Committee, Mr Rex Anunobi, and the state’s
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry and Non-
formal Sector, John Uzoma, commended Governor
Okorocha for achieving this laudable feat.
However, Governor Okorocha expressed hope that
the recovery would generate massive employment
for youths in the state and also increase the state’s
internally generated revenue when full operations
begins in the factories.
He also debunked allegations that he sold any
government property since his tenure as the
Governor, adding that he had revived and
rehabilitated all abandoned and moribund projects
by his predecessors.
The Governor reaffirmed that his administration is
more determined than ever to open Imo State to the
rest of the world through the industrialisation
programmes and policies.
He urged the people of the state to support the
government in its industrialization plan and also
take advantage of these new factories to generate
more revenue for the state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Abagworo:
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/13/imo-industrialisation-government-recovers-two-defunct-factories/

The Imo State government has recovered two
major defunct state-owned factories which was
formerly sold out to the Nigeria Deposit Insurance
Company (NDIC).
In line with the total industrialisation programme of
the present administration, the Resin Paints
Industry in Aboh Mbaise and Paper Packaging
Industry Limited in Owerre-Mbieri were recuperated
after many years for non-productivity.
The State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, made the
disclosure during the handing over ceremony at the
Imo Trade Investment Centre in Owerri, the Imo
State capital, South-East Nigeria.
Governor Okorocha stressed that the government
was able to recover the two factories, which
remains one of the greatest legacies of the late
Governor Sam Mbakwe’s administration, from the
NDIC at the verge of selling it out to prospective
buyers.
A representative of the NDIC, Obaji Obaji, clearly
stated that the Imo State government has
completed all the transactions and done all the
needful, as the two factories now fully belong to the
Imo State government.
The Chairman of the Imo State Trade Investment
Committee, Mr Rex Anunobi, and the state’s
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry and Non-
formal Sector, John Uzoma, commended Governor
Okorocha for achieving this laudable feat.
However, Governor Okorocha expressed hope that
the recovery would generate massive employment
for youths in the state and also increase the state’s
internally generated revenue when full operations
begins in the factories.
He also debunked allegations that he sold any
government property since his tenure as the
Governor, adding that he had revived and
rehabilitated all abandoned and moribund projects
by his predecessors.
The Governor reaffirmed that his administration is
more determined than ever to open Imo State to the
rest of the world through the industrialisation
programmes and policies.
He urged the people of the state to support the
government in its industrialization plan and also
take advantage of these new factories to generate
more revenue for the state.
I want to be involved in that paper packaging industry,
I hv skills and ideas on hw I think it would be profitably managed, do u think u could link me.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
Why is our own always state owned? State owned factory this, government recovers factory that.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
Why is our own always state owned? State owned factory this, government recovers factory that.
that an issue indigenes of the state have to answer
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

I am totally against Government running businesses but unfortunately Okorocha's critics are against privatisation. If I were him I would not listen to critics but simply do what satisfies my conscience. I am sure same people kicking against privatisation will now turn around to find fault in Okorocha's action of investing Government funds in industries.

Mbakwe did it and none lasted more than 2 years before going moribund. All have remained same till Okorocha started making this possibly wasteful attempt. Concorde Hotel was the only State owned business that precipitated a growth in hospitality sector. Owerri today hosts the best Hotels in the East with Concorde as pioneer. Hilton, Protea and Thornberry international brands are already on the verge of opening Owerri branches.

Imo should stop thinking manufacturing and focus on tourism. Okorocha should continue with Conference centers, parks, gardens, Akachi tower and things that will boost tourism.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by manchy7531: 12:25am On Oct 14, 2015
Abagworo:

I am totally against Government running businesses but unfortunately Okorocha's critics are against privatisation. If I were him I would not listen to critics but simply do what satisfies my conscience. I am sure same people kicking against privatisation will now turn around to find fault in Okorocha's action of investing Government funds in industries.

Mbakwe did it and none lasted more than 2 years before going moribund. All have remained same till Okorocha started making this possibly wasteful attempt. Concorde Hotel was the only State owned business that precipitated a growth in hospitality sector. Owerri today hosts the best Hotels in the East with Concorde as pioneer. Hilton, Protea and Thornberry international brands are already on the verge of opening Owerri branches.

Imo should stop thinking manufacturing and focus on tourism. Okorocha should continue with Conference centers, parks, gardens, Akachi tower and things that will boost tourism.

You have never made sense to me

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2015
Abagworo:

You're usually reasonable until you pass 1 paragraph lol. Don't take it disrespectfully, but what if you don't want to work in a hotel? No reason group of over 100 people will wish to focus on one industry. Paris is the world's top tourist destination and houses more industries than the whole of Nigeria's total output. Foreign hotels opening in your state is no substitute to industrialization. Even the materials needed to build and fill these hotels are manufactured. So if we have no manufacturing base, and we're making 100 million naira, but 100% of what it takes to run a hotel is made elsewhere then we're throwing money in the trash. The better the hotels do, the more we'll throw in the trash.

Nigeria has a lot of loose end industries, and this is why development is so awkward. When you go to a hotel in Paris, you use towels from paris, it's built by a Parisian, soap, sheets, beds, doors, paint, rugs, carpet, tiles, scafolding, uniforms. As the hotel grows it buys more from local industries and that's why most things work.

In Nigeria you'll have a hotel industry booming for the sake of spending all of it's expense money buying things from abroad or Lagos. By the time it has travel to Imo the price has increased due to transport and labor. The chance of damage or loosing your goods or theft skyrockets. Anyone saying Imo should focus on 'tourism' isn't serious. Let every man and women start the business they wish to state and let the state focus on making the place work for business as a whole.

If you don't work in a hotel and don't have aspirations to you should stop wishing on to other that which you don't want for yourself. It's our home first, not a vacation. You sound like you're from elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 12:54am On Oct 14, 2015
This seems to be a drainage project ongoing in Owerri, quite huge.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 12:56am On Oct 14, 2015
New roads connecting old and new Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 12:58am On Oct 14, 2015
New estate developments at the lower end of World bank housing estate. ......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Good lands for building development, I just hope more hotels don't take up this pretty space. Industry, industry, industry cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:03am On Oct 14, 2015
More nice buildings, real cool.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:06am On Oct 14, 2015
40-40 roundabout, Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Aww! Lovely buildings. .......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:10am On Oct 14, 2015
What is this nice building for?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Superb structures, and my guess is that it will be another hotel?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:14am On Oct 14, 2015
Inside Owerri, near Concord hotel........

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2015
Spyder880 is here live in Owerri, and I am here to float a new housing estate at Okuku, a developing part of Owerri. Buy your own plots before it will sell out like others. Follow this link ....... https://www.nairaland.com/2555459/buy-lands-royal-palms-estates/4

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.