Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406058 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Clearer view of Freedom Falls. I like the concept of erecting nature in the middle of urban area. Very beautiful concept by Okorocha. I have now transversed everywhere but Mbaise and Ngoe Okpala.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by freshvine(f): 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abagworo, visit Rochas home town in ideato south LGA and you'd be amazed at the transformation. The place is a behive of construction and it made me took a likening for him even though I am not from his area.

Okay let say we love Rochas and hate APC no wonder all his billboard has the APC identity torn off by the good people of Imo state leaving only his image on them.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2016

More from freedom falls and environs.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Eddicated: 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abagworo:

Akwa Ibom has a very long way to go. In Imo it is almost a like a city in the entire State. Apart from Roads, hospitals and schools built everywhere by Government and bank branches virtually in every village, the individuals are rich and built magnificent mansions. I am writing this with every authority and confidence. I am in Imo State at the moment. Very proud of my beautiful State.

Sometimes I ponder at the lies being peddled on social network.

you are not from imo and i don't think you have been there.. if i post imo pics for you here you go shame.

try stop all this things you do. it does not help the imolites..pls..this is among reasons why GOV no dey look into that areas because you bring rubbish pics online to say whats not true.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
freshvine:
Abagworo, visit Rochas home town in ideato south LGA and you'd be amazed at the transformation. The place is a behive of construction and it made me took a likening for him even though I am not from his area.

Okay let say we love Rochas and hate APC no wonder all his billboard has the APC identity torn off by the good people of Imo state leaving only his image on them.

Not just there alone. For the 1st time in 5 years I had a smooth ride from Orlu to Mgbidi. I wonder why people who have not been to the State have been lying. The only thing I find offensive is the number of Okorocha billboards.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Never knew Nworie River was this big within Owerri city. A goid resort could be sited on the opposite bank facing the dredgers.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
The Orji flyover still has a long way to go but I'm glad real work has resumed there. Looks like it could be completed mid 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
This is an erosion site at Nekede which is being converted to a highway linking Douglas and Port Harcourt Roads.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abagworo:
This is an erosion site at Nekede which is being converted to a highway linking Douglas and Port Harcourt Roads.
which point does it burst out in ph road?I like the pics though
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
asha80:
which point does it burst out in ph road?I like the pics though

I don't know the name of that place but I guess it's either Avu or close to Avu. The new Protea Hotel is located close to this new highway at Nekede.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Very true. Imo has a large number of rich people and most indegenes are above poverty line, 'well educated' [ when compared to most Nigerian states].

Pchidexy:
After traveling around some towns and villages in Imo state, I have come to realize that Imo state has countless number of extremely rich individuals. The main thing is that they don't make noise. You will hardly know they exist unless you ask questions. Imo wu oke mba! I don't want to talk about the outrageous number of beauties I have seen in this state. Ufodu dika mami water eziokwu!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
SoNature:
You guys are really doing a great job here. Who can share with us the latest level of development in Oguta and Oguta lake area?

Thanks

Just watch this show..
They are doing a documentary show of 14 major towns in Igbo land..
Including Oguta..

The first episode was 3/01/2016..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7le2PXeGw&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJwbtdJ0b5w

I don't know when they will upload the episodes on the Internet for people abroad..

You should subscribe to their youtube and Facebook to keep track of what they are doing..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
centje:
Very true. Imo has a large number of rich people and most indegenes are above poverty line, 'well educated' [ when compared to most Nigerian states].

We are famous for working hard for our daily bread..
Igbo states in general have the highest number of ufficially employed people..
As well as the most active markets..
Although the federal government refuses to invest in Ndi Igbo..

If we werent cursed with this united Nigeria fallacy we would have become a world superpower by now..

If the federal government didn't strategically build all the roads and all the airports and ports and bridges and infrastructure outside Igbo land just imagine where we would be today..

If they didn't bomb and starve us for 3 years and kill 1 tenth of us without ever fixing anything or paying for anything..

Sometimes I just imagine..

Even as Igbo people are all around the world working morning, afternoon and night to earn money to send home, the federal government is now creating ministry of diaspora to intercept our money and steal it and share it with other people under the excuse of one country..

This Nigeria don tyre me sef!!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abagworo:
The Orji flyover still has a long way to go but I'm glad real work has resumed there. Looks like it could be completed mid 2016.
That bridge at orji looks abandoned to me. I was there in december and there were no workers on site. Orji is a very strategic place that shouldbe taken serious as there's a booming real estate industry there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Afam4eva:

That bridge at orji looks abandoned to me. I was there in december and there were no workers on site. Orji is a very strategic place that shouldbe taken serious as there's a booming real estate industry there.

You are wrong except you meant Amakohia/Egbeada. The Egbeada bridge is obviously abandoned for the Orji bridge.

The most strategic place with the highest real estate is areas around New Owerri. Orji is like every typical Nigerian town.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abagworo:

You are wrong except you meant Amakohia/Egbeada. The Egbeada bridge is obviously abandoned for the Orji bridge.

The most strategic place with the highest real estate is areas around New Owerri. Orji is like every typical Nigerian town.
That bridge is directly opposite Peace Park. There are loads of Estates if you're going towards the Onitsha expressway.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Afam4eva:
That bridge is directly opposite Peace Park. There are loads of Estates if you're going towards the Onitsha expressway.
Yes, you're right Afam, so many estates abound the Egbeada area that links to the Onitsha Expressway. Entering into the area brings you face to face with People's club then connects you to some luxury estate as you move inside. The magnificent Disney hotel sits at the mouth of the right hand side of the exit. In future, the glory of that area will be accorded to Udenwa. Rochas can join the list if he finalized the Egbeada flyover and the link road leading to the area.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Afam4eva:

Egbeada is not Orji. Orji does not lead to Onitsha expressway. it leads to Orlu expressway one side and then Uratta the other side.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bishop0608: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
I visited Imo state many times in 2015.I also took time observe the level of development in the state.In the rural area I observed quite a good number of newly constructed network of roads.However several of these roads are without stormwater drainage channels.I also noticed that most of the roads are rather too narrow.(That may be due to land issue).Owerri is a net state capital with modern architecture springing here and there.I think the state government is not doing badly in the area of infrastructural development.I was not so impressed with how gigantic monuments are being built at several locations in the state.Some of these monuments are out of proportion when compared with the total landmass of the state capital.Most of the them sit on several sq m of land.On the average imo State is marching forward and in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
centje:

The way some idiots paint Imo state black is on another level. I use to think the state is filled with poor destitutes n prostitutes. If many states in Nigeria are like Imo then Nigeria would ve been a proud nation.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2016
Pics from my ride through Amaigbo/Nkwerre/Orlu towns.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2016
More pics

1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2016
More from the dense area

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:20am On Jan 05, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:02am On Jan 05, 2016
millionaireman:
ROYALD,

Tell, where from Imo state do you come from?

Who are the we, when you can't even correctly make a simple quote on NL?
WHAT DO MEAN?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 1:59am On Jan 05, 2016
I just thought I'd drop this here..
Just a random image from a random town somewhere in the world..

Not necessarily to promote the design of the architecture (although it is not bad), but to highlight how everything is cleverly placed for efficiency of serving practical purposes..
Note how there are parking spaces on the side of the road as well as trams running in the middle of the street and yet there will be no traffic on this road because everything is clever..

I know that as long as we don't master "division of labour" and smart planning we are not going anywhere..

Is it smart to have 1000 motorcycles and trycicles running on one road carrying 2000 people when you could just have 30 trams carrying 2000 people??

If everyone is buying fifty fifty naira for okada or keke every 2 minutes, why not just add all those fifty fifty naira and buy 3 trains and do something smart??

Maybe electric too since they are renewable..

The keyword really is "division of labour"..
There is no other secret..

Okorocha is busy making free education unconditionally..
But what is free education??

People misunderstand the meaning of the word free..

The money still has to come from somewhere doesn't it??

Instead of making it free for the poor and paid for the rich so that you make it self sustainable..

Free unconditionally is just a poor publicity stunt which rides on the economic ignorance of the common man..

Without mentioning the quality of such education..

In the second and third images you can see how cleverly the apartments are built with the shops and businesses on the ground floor..
It's done like this in every part of the world..
And also the buildings must be taller to save space..

It doesn't really take a genius to see what we are doing wrong in our part of the world..

And it doesn't take foreign aid to do certain things..

Just a few policies to direct people to do things in a certain way..

Why should everybody spend 10 10 naira to build my own 1 floor house or my own shop or umbrella when everybody can join their 10 10 naira to build a 7 floor condominium or a market??

I see this everywhere..

With generators, with water, with security with everything..

Everybody is on their own..
Why do we even have governments??

And everything is behind a fence and a gate..
Just occupying space unnecessarily..
It's not healthy psychologically and it's not healthy for the society..
And it's also not cleaver or practically efficient..

As far as design is concerned, most architecture in Igboland and in Africa in general just irritate me..

Especially those concrete boxes we call schools..

They are just annoying to see..

When we have so many talented artists that could design fine African inspired architecture designs with colours and shapes and patterns and markings..
In the style of ancient Igbo mud structures, shrines and artifacts..

It doesn't cost anything to add a touch of art to what you do..
Of native art..

It's so sad..

And then we build a hand called aka chi that looks ridiculous and we call it beautification..
And we waste all our money on it..

Same with that stupid statue of jesus..

That's the first thing I'll personally destroy when I go to Imo..

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2016
That Jesus Christ statue was not built by Imo state government
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2016
Obiobi8:

As far as design is concerned, most architecture in Igboland and in Africa in general just irritate me..

Especially those concrete boxes we call schools..

They are just annoying to see..

When we have so many talented artists that could design fine African inspired architecture designs with colours and shapes and patterns and markings..
In the style of ancient Igbo mud structures, shrines and artifacts..

Do you classify this as European or Igbo inspired art/architecture?

1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2016
Private service apartments.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2016
Imo villages appear planned. We will need this planning in the future
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2016
Abagworo:
Private service apartments.
Very nice! Where is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.