Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405016 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 10:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Worthless fool. Abia is a DEAD state, you heard me right. A state that can only boast of bad roads and garbage dumps. Hopeless people allowed the likes of Ochendo and Orji to ruin your state and turned it into a dead zone and a laughing stock. cheesy

Have you seen how horrible your state is? The worst state in Nigeria. Hopeless people with animals as indigenes.

We we have come to rescue you PIGS to see the light and development for once since democracy came in 1999.

We have successfully gave you guys a new governor to run things in your state. We shall be here to dictate to him how to rule you guys and render account to us..LOL

You guys are now our slaves..yes slaves! cheesy cheesy cheesy

[s]
B2mario:

lol, rescue your useless state 1st before you talk of another man's state. I think by now you should believe that nothing works in your state. Peter Obi killed that worthless state thank God for Obiano who's trying to revive somethings.

That state will soon collapse, wait let all these old names like Emeka Ofor, Ifeanyi Uba, Innoson, Cosmos Maduka, Obi Jackson, Vincent fade off Anambra will be as good as nothing cos your youths are not doing well rather they are living on the glory of all these old man.
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2016
My discussion with you has finished don't quote me again cos I won't reply you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Hopeless poverty infested pig. Did I quote you before? Were you not the one courting for my attention when I warned you to desist from calling me out on this thread? I told you not to quote me but your plans to derail this thread will have my full backing. Game on.. cheesy

Worthless fool! cool

[s]
B2mario:
My discussion with you has finished don't quote me again cos I won't reply you.
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by akanuson: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2016
O
Abagworo:
Owerri ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlQxnBFLBA0
owerri is not bad at all,it Look like abuja
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2016
asha80:
if you are coming from ph to owerri where in umuapu does the road divert to?left or right?

Left coming from PH and right coming from Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
akanuson:
O owerri is not bad at all,it Look like abuja

Short clip of Freedom square.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQFLvaRSoQ
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Do you classify this as European or Igbo inspired art/architecture?

European..
Large rocks are not a feature of our natural landscape..
Soft soil and plenty of green is..

But for example that building behind the fountain..

Who actually designed it??
It's just a concrete box..

Why would anyone build anything like that??

It's just wasting space and effort forever..

It doesn't take anything to add some creativity..

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
I hope those mini stadia are being built with future expansion in mind. Orlu and Okigwe will not remain small towns forever.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2016

Balkanization of Owerri: Okorocha is a Dreamer

By Nigeria Newspoint -
January 7, 2016

A Nigerian Senior citizen, and a native of Owerri Nshi-Ise, Prince Bob Njemanze on the eve of Christmas in Owerri broke his silence, on the recent development in Imo state following the balkanization of Owerri into five autonomous communities, by the State Governor, Owerri Rochas Okorocha and the selection of their Traditional rulers. Mixed feelings have trailed the action and while some are of the belief that the famous Prince has given his nod to the balkanization, many others hope on him to fight against such Government decision read excerpts!

Q: Given the recent development in Imo state as it affects the balkanization of Owerri, could you please let the Imo people at home and in diaspora know your stand.

Ans: Owerri has not been balkanized. It is a misconception. If anything, Okorocha has lent his weight and credence to the paramount rulership of Njemanze dynasty. Njemanze is not a new creation in rulershsip. The first-, Njemanze Iheanacho received the first colonial master, HOM. Douglas after whom the Douglas Road is named. If I take you through the line of history, Njemanze descendants are through Iheanacho, Okorie, Ekeonunwa, Ikenegbu, Ekwemaraugo and if you have any knowledge of the delineation of streets in Owerri, you can follow this trend into Ikenegbu to Ekeonunwa. Njemanze of Owerri is not a village in Owerri. Incidentally what Rochas has done is lending some official and Government backing to village heads of Owerri and acknowledging them as occupying positions in line with the numerous people, Government has adopted as traditional rulers which is as Boys company played by senior prefect. When you talk about Njemanze and rulership, you should divert your mind to Oba of Benin, Obong of Calabar, Obi of Onitsha, Ooni of Ife and the like. The present day masquerades created by government in the name and guise of traditional rulers are in no way on the same platform with Eze Njemanze.

Q. Why did you say there is no balkanization?
Ans: There have always been village heads in Owerri and these village heads have been with the various families. As at today the village heads of Umuororonjo is Chief TOS Oparaugo – Amawom: where the Eze incidentally is from is Chief Dennis O. Dike, Umuodu-Chief Ikeafuaka Anozie Emeto; Umuoyima, Chief Cyril Ukaegbu. These headships of villages have remained with these families from inception of the clan called Owerri and Njemanze the main Umbrella of rulership in Owerri as Ozuruigbo and as at today the 5th and the 12th descendant of that clan of rulership.

Q. Don’t you think that Government could rely on laws to achieve this in Owerri?
Ans: The issue of laws is a privilege of the House of Assembly and the present day House of Assembly is guided by their quest and demand bordering on greed and property but that does not remove the fact that sitting on the Assembly they are free to make anything they think is law but to sustain it might be an issue. Thereafter, only misguided people might think that what has been done in Owerri has anything to do with the image of position of status of Eze Njemanze as the paramount ruler of Owerri.
Okorocha himself said to me that Eze Njemanze remains a paramount ruler of Owerri. It is easy to misguide or mislead Okorocha for he is a leader who dreams dream and he is in a hurry to leave out his dreams leading to a situation where his emotion can run wild and out of contest with reasons. A leader must never say he was mislead.
If the village Heads of Owerri must be recognized as Eze in line with the present day balkanization of Traditional rulership, it must not be done outside the families that hitherto held the position to avoid variance and acrimony I hear the one nominated as village Head for Umuonyima is a brother in-law to Eze Agunwa Ohiri, the present day Eze Imo. Some of these mis-applications lead to the exhumation of certain sentimental facts that have long been buried for peace and harmony. For the origin of Uba family of Umuoyima is not completely Owerri and this may raise issues that are better buried, Certain positions and appointments must not be determined as patronage.And I say this because I over heard the governor bemoan over losing over 2000 cases and in fact suspended virtually every Director in the Ministry of Justice while not realizing the fact there is appointment of Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice who although is said to be a senior advocate was ill-equipped to run that Ministry. He is placing the blame on every wrong premise. His appointment of his bother was a bane of mismanagement of the cases and wrong advice that created the perception of a Governor who never respected the rule of law. If I were to advise, he should return those directors to their places of work and this time around, appoint a seasoned lawyer to run the affairs of the Ministry of Justice. A similar situation is gradually brewing in Imo State University and by the time the issues come up, they will blow up all those who are behind the Governor for now and lending him uncalled for backing, will leave him a paper tiger. I personally remain grateful to him for restoring the image of the Njemanze dynasty Owerri problem as a family has been domestic.
When the Eze’s palace got burnt, the governor quickly came to rescue the situation but misguided by quest and avarice, the wife of the traditional ruler stopped the contractors believing that her brother Emeka Ihedioha with Goodluck Jonathan will build for her, a paradise on earth, for peace and harmony in his home, the Eze toed this line of taught Okorocha still was not deterred, he offered the Eze accommodation till date in one of the Government comfort zone Guest houses, if he had no regard and respect for the paramount nature of Eze Owerri. He would not have attended any of these purported over 600 Ezes, set their homes ablaze and see if they will not be walking in the streets in search of roof over their heads. Njemanzes have no conflicts with Okorocha. I advise that as he is giving out the Staff of Office to the other four Village Heads; Dike of Amawom on who most of the lands presently occupied by Government and even the ones government is desirous of is also being accorded recognition as Eze. It will be wrong for any one to go to the neigbouring town of Egbu where my brother comes from and think of Eze Umuokfo, Umuanyalu, Mpama, what you have there is Eze Egbu but there will be nothing wrong if Government makes provision of salary and maintenance for the various Village Heads in Egbu and titles them in any form so long as it does not affect the position of Eze Egbu. The issue of Eze Egbu, Eze Owerri is sacrosanct.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/balkanization-owerri-okorocha-dreamer/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
RareDiamond:

By Nigeria Newspoint -
January 7, 2016

A Nigerian Senior citizen, and a native of Owerri Nshi-Ise, Prince Bob Njemanze on the eve of Christmas in Owerri broke his silence, on the recent development in Imo state following the balkanization of Owerri into five autonomous communities, by the State Governor, Owerri Rochas Okorocha and the selection of their Traditional rulers. Mixed feelings have trailed the action and while some are of the belief that the famous Prince has given his nod to the balkanization, many others hope on him to fight against such Government decision read excerpts!

Q: Given the recent development in Imo state as it affects the balkanization of Owerri, could you please let the Imo people at home and in diaspora know your stand.

Ans: Owerri has not been balkanized. It is a misconception. If anything, Okorocha has lent his weight and credence to the paramount rulership of Njemanze dynasty. Njemanze is not a new creation in rulershsip. The first-, Njemanze Iheanacho received the first colonial master, HOM. Douglas after whom the Douglas Road is named. If I take you through the line of history, Njemanze descendants are through Iheanacho, Okorie, Ekeonunwa, Ikenegbu, Ekwemaraugo and if you have any knowledge of the delineation of streets in Owerri, you can follow this trend into Ikenegbu to Ekeonunwa. Njemanze of Owerri is not a village in Owerri. Incidentally what Rochas has done is lending some official and Government backing to village heads of Owerri and acknowledging them as occupying positions in line with the numerous people, Government has adopted as traditional rulers which is as Boys company played by senior prefect. When you talk about Njemanze and rulership, you should divert your mind to Oba of Benin, Obong of Calabar, Obi of Onitsha, Ooni of Ife and the like. The present day masquerades created by government in the name and guise of traditional rulers are in no way on the same platform with Eze Njemanze.

Ans: There have always been village heads in Owerri and these village heads have been with the various families. As at today the village heads of Umuororonjo is Chief TOS Oparaugo – Amawom: where the Eze incidentally is from is Chief Dennis O. Dike, Umuodu-Chief Ikeafuaka Anozie Emeto; Umuoyima, Chief Cyril Ukaegbu. These headships of villages have remained with these families from inception of the clan called Owerri and Njemanze the main Umbrella of rulership in Owerri as Ozuruigbo and as at today the 5th and the 12th descendant of that clan of rulership.

Q. Don’t you think that Government could rely on laws to achieve this in Owerri?
Ans: The issue of laws is a privilege of the House of Assembly and the present day House of Assembly is guided by their quest and demand bordering on greed and property but that does not remove the fact that sitting on the Assembly they are free to make anything they think is law but to sustain it might be an issue. Thereafter, only misguided people might think that what has been done in Owerri has anything to do with the image of position of status of Eze Njemanze as the paramount ruler of Owerri.
Okorocha himself said to me that Eze Njemanze remains a paramount ruler of Owerri. It is easy to misguide or mislead Okorocha for he is a leader who dreams dream and he is in a hurry to leave out his dreams leading to a situation where his emotion can run wild and out of contest with reasons. A leader must never say he was mislead.
If the village Heads of Owerri must be recognized as Eze in line with the present day balkanization of Traditional rulership, it must not be done outside the families that hitherto held the position to avoid variance and acrimony I hear the one nominated as village Head for Umuonyima is a brother in-law to Eze Agunwa Ohiri, the present day Eze Imo. Some of these mis-applications lead to the exhumation of certain sentimental facts that have long been buried for peace and harmony. For the origin of Uba family of Umuoyima is not completely Owerri and this may raise issues that are better buried, Certain positions and appointments must not be determined as patronage.And I say this because I over heard the governor bemoan over losing over 2000 cases and in fact suspended virtually every Director in the Ministry of Justice while not realizing the fact there is appointment of Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice who although is said to be a senior advocate was ill-equipped to run that Ministry. He is placing the blame on every wrong premise. His appointment of his bother was a bane of mismanagement of the cases and wrong advice that created the perception of a Governor who never respected the rule of law. If I were to advise, he should return those directors to their places of work and this time around, appoint a seasoned lawyer to run the affairs of the Ministry of Justice. A similar situation is gradually brewing in Imo State University and by the time the issues come up, they will blow up all those who are behind the Governor for now and lending him uncalled for backing, will leave him a paper tiger. I personally remain grateful to him for restoring the image of the Njemanze dynasty Owerri problem as a family has been domestic.
When the Eze’s palace got burnt, the governor quickly came to rescue the situation but misguided by quest and avarice, the wife of the traditional ruler stopped the contractors believing that her brother Emeka Ihedioha with Goodluck Jonathan will build for her, a paradise on earth, for peace and harmony in his home, the Eze toed this line of taught Okorocha still was not deterred, he offered the Eze accommodation till date in one of the Government comfort zone Guest houses, if he had no regard and respect for the paramount nature of Eze Owerri. He would not have attended any of these purported over 600 Ezes, set their homes ablaze and see if they will not be walking in the streets in search of roof over their heads. Njemanzes have no conflicts with Okorocha. I advise that as he is giving out the Staff of Office to the other four Village Heads; Dike of Amawom on who most of the lands presently occupied by Government and even the ones government is desirous of is also being accorded recognition as Eze. It will be wrong for any one to go to the neigbouring town of Egbu where my brother comes from and think of Eze Umuokfo, Umuanyalu, Mpama, what you have there is Eze Egbu but there will be nothing wrong if Government makes provision of salary and maintenance for the various Village Heads in Egbu and titles them in any form so long as it does not affect the position of Eze Egbu. The issue of Eze Egbu, Eze Owerri is sacrosanct.

The problem with Igbo traditional leadership remains quest for division.. The quest for autonomy by the other 4 Owerri clans date back years but I have a feeling Okorocha granted it like Prince Njemanze said because of what the other clan heads desire. They can never be 1st class like Njemanze.

2nd point Jonathan and Ihedioha equally played Njemanze wayo like they did to Igbos. Okorocha offered to rebuild their palace and went on to start work but they chose to play politics of hatred. This Okorocha man needs to stop being too lenient IMHO. Anyone who doesn't appreciate you deserves no good from you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
To make Owerri look like New York overnight is Okorocha's obsession.
He can balkanize Owerri, create more communities and development centres in Owerri to justify his administration's policy of devoting more than 75% of Imo states capital development funds on Owerri alone.

About three months ago, Okorocha's deputy confirmed to Vanguard Media that in four years, Okorocha devoted 75% of his this devevepment projects in Owerri.

Okigwe and Orlu? Money that should have gone to develop Orlu and Okigwe, Gov. Okorocha has been pouring the money on Owerri, sometimes duplicating infrastructure in Owerri, pulling down existing infrastructures in Owerri and replacing them with new ones.

Nigeria's forefathers who created states to enhance even development of every state shall weep over how Imo state has been turned by Okorocha to be only Owerri, more so, since he joined APC.

Move to Orlu and Okigwe, aside the few eye-catching roads Okorocha tried to do in 2012; nothing else since then.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sirade(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ekeleke dance in Umuoma Amucha, Njaba LGA Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
RareDiamond:

By Nigeria Newspoint -
January 7, 2016

As Rochas is always in the news squabbling with Owerri people over land and other issues as above,

can anyone link the name Gov Rochas Okorocha to any other Imo community, or town or local government area where Okorocha was starting, talking about or commissioning any development project - except in Owerri - since Okorocha joined APC?

Next rainy season, the fifth rainy season after Rochas Okorocha contractors scrapped roads and abandoned them in many towns excluding Owerri, flood is most likely to wreck more havoc in these towns.

Our governor Okorocha does not seem to give a sh...t about the plight of people living in these towns. He gets obsessed with his red light city, Owerri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sirade(m): 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
More of the ekeleke dance.

It was an avenue of village cultural exhibition.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sirade(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
More of ekeleke dance

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
sirade:
More of ekeleke dance

Where is this happening?

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sirade(m): 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wanted to add a video clip but don't know how to go about it.

Amucha is a town to watch in Imo state.
The town is fast developing solely by the indigenes.

Omenani anyi ga adi

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sirade(m): 11:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
mandax:

Where is this happening?

Beautiful!!!

Happened in Umuoma Amucha

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2016
This one happened at Ogwuaga village, Abba in Nwangele LGA.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Jan 09, 2016
Video from Orlu town in Orlu LGA. I posted it earlier but it was blocked because of the music I was playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clAbTPsHT7M

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 2:43am On Jan 09, 2016
sirade:

It was an avenue of village cultural exhibition.

That's beautiful!!

Masquerades bring back so many memories from the first time I was in Nigeria when I was 8 years old..
I thought it was magic..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obiobi8(m): 4:14am On Jan 10, 2016
mandax:

As Rochas is always in the news squabbling with Owerri people over land and other issues as above,

can anyone link the name Gov Rochas Okorocha to any other Imo community, or town or local government area where Okorocha was starting, talking about or commissioning any development project - except in Owerri - since Okorocha joined APC?

Next rainy season, the fifth rainy season after Rochas Okorocha contractors scrapped roads and abandoned them in many towns excluding Owerri, flood is most likely to wreck more havoc in these towns.

Our governor Okorocha does not seem to give a sh...t about the plight of people living in these towns. He gets obsessed with his red light city, Owerri.

Okorocha is busy sending Imo money to Kano..
Kano comes first for him..

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:59am On Jan 10, 2016
From okwelle town to owerri you can hardly go one km without seeing a house or a human being especially from anara down to owerri..we might have population issues in the yrs to come
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2016
asha80:
From okwelle town to owerri you can hardly go one km without seeing a house or a human being especially from anara down to owerri..we might have population issues in the yrs to come
I noticed this too from owerri through Ikeduru to Nkwerre.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2016
Afam4eva:

I noticed this too from owerri through Ikeduru to Nkwerre.

It is equally same from Owerri to Mbaise, Umuahia to Obowo, Orlu to Ihiala and Orlu to Mgbidi. There is population pressure in Northern Imo State as opposed to South.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2016
Abagworo:

It is equally same from Owerri to Mbaise, Umuahia to Obowo, Orlu to Ihiala and Orlu to Mgbidi. There is population pressure in Northern Imo State as opposed to South.
I dont think mbaise can be categorized as northern Imo..i think it is only oguta lga,ohaji egbema lga and ngor okpala lga that we dont have population pressure
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2016
Abagworo:

These are the areas close to Anambra and obviously Anambra has the most urban centers in the South East.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 9:48am On Jan 10, 2016
asha80:
I dont think mbaise can be categorized as northern Imo..i think it is only oguta lga,ohaji egbema lga and ngor okpala lga that we dont have population pressure
That is because those are the largest local governments in Imo state. They are 3, 4 or 5 times larger than other local governments. So, the population tends to look scanty and most of the lands are used for farming. Mmahu which is the capital of Ohaji/Egbema for example, despite having basic infrastructure such as roads etc, the population is very low. Most streets there look empty unlike other local government centers in Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Afam4eva:

That is because those are the largest local governments in Imo state. They are 3, 4 or 5 times larger than other local governments. So, the population tends to look scanty and most of the lands are used for farming. Mmahu which is the capital of Ohaji/Egbema for example, despite having basic infrastructure such as roads etc, the population is very low. Most streets there look empty unlike other local government centers in Imo state.
I doubt if it has anything to do with large size of lga..it has to do with the settlement pattern of our forefathers..from owerri upwards to orlu and ideato/okigwe especially orlu/nkwerre/ideato axis(with mbaise outside this axis) form part of an area where colonialist saw and said that igboland was made up of thickly populated villages...if you read up history of Nigeria or books that dealt with relationships between colonialists and what they met in different parts of the country I am sure you would come across those perceptions the colonialists had about population density in igboland..we are even lucky that Igbos are migratory in nature otherwise it would have been worse by now...also lga is a recent creation..in 1930 those local govts did not exists but the villages in them did
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Afam4eva:

These are the areas close to Anambra and obviously Anambra has the most urban centers in the South East.

Actually they form part of Igbo heartland. Southern half of Anambra and Northern half of Imo consists of thickly populated conglomeration of villages often mistaken for urban by passersby.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 10:13am On Jan 10, 2016
Fool stop mentioning Anambra or any part thereof on this thread or anywhere. I have warned you that we have nothing in common with you people. Focus on your useless imo state for once.

Dare me once more and I will flood this thread with the real pictures of imo state. cool

[s]
Abagworo:

Actually they form part of Igbo heartland. Southern half of Anambra and Northern half of Imo consists of thickly populated conglomeration of villages often mistaken for urban by passersby.

[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Douglasdale(m): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2016
I am the only one Or has any other person noticed that this Chino guy is deranged? Something has to be done about this guy tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.