Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,249 members, 7,822,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2407501 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2017
Workers day celebration in Owerri today presided over by Governor Okorocha.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 8:20pm On May 01, 2017
Abagworo:
Workers day celebration in Owerri today presided over by Governor Okorocha.

What's Okoroawusa celebrating when the poor hungry Imolites are yet to be paid over 10months salary arrears. Just look at their dry faces. Pensioners have given up on their own pension. Okoroawusa is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:08am On May 02, 2017
Nice architectural piece

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 9:51pm On May 02, 2017
hmm now that this Rochas government has destroyed Mcc road pls beg him to come and fix it because the road have started to be divided and erosion is washing away that place
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 2:05pm On May 03, 2017
Governor Okorocha Donates Imo Marine University to Navy
April 25, 2017

By
Amby Uneze in Owerri

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has announced the donation of the state owned Marine University at Ossemotor in Oguta Local Government Area which is still under construction to the Nigerian Navy with the believe that the university would be very useful to the Naval Command and to the society at large.

The governor announced the donation when the committee set up by the Chief of Naval Staff on the New Naval Base in Ossemotor, Oguta, paid courtesy call on him at the Government House Owerri. He added that the government had earlier donated the 200 -bed General Hospital at Ngor-Okpala to the navy.

His words: “We have donated the 200-bed ultra modern hospital at Ngor-Okpala because we know that navy is a disciplined force and will probably run the best military hospital in the State which will be of great importance to Imo people.”

He continued: “We have equally donated to you the Marine University which is under construction at Oguta. The Marine University has the most beautiful location for the navy. We have started this project but we believe that the proper institution to handle it with the naval base should be the Nigeria Navy.

“We have donated the land and undertake to complete the ongoing project which has the capacity of taking about 1,000 students or a thousand officers when completed. We are now waiting for you to come immediately as this government does not take the tranquilising drug of protocol and gradualism. As soon as you commence, the contractors will return to site to complete the project,” he said.

The governor said: “Navy coming to Oguta will help in developing the waterway from Oguta to Lagos thus helping tourism to flourish in the area with Oguta lake which will soon be given a facelift. It will equally make the area secured. This will help the State to tap its tourism potentials to the fullest in the area.”

According to him “all these efforts is to force development to the State as Nigerians have not heard the Imo story yet. There is no state so centralised and richly endowed like Imo State. We have allocated land for the Naval Command School and another land for the navy estate. Admitted the naval captain as a member of the Imo Security Council. Donated temporary office and quarters for the smooth take off of the naval base.”

In his speech earlier, Commodore Obenta who led the committee, expressed the Chief of Naval Staff’s gratitude and appreciation to the government and good people of Imo State for the donation of the land at Oguta and 200-bed ultra modern hospital at Ngor-Okpala, stressing that the state is ready and willing to support the naval community when eventually the base is established in Oguta and the hospital taken over by the Nigeria Navy.

He promised that the Chief of Naval Staff would expeditiously establish a port at Oguta and fast track the smooth take off of the hospital, pointing out that a strong committee has been set by the Chief of Naval staff for this purpose.
He pledged that the Nigeria Navy is willing and ready to partner the Imo State government in ensuring adequate security for the growth of the state.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/25/okorocha-donates-imo-marine-university-to-navy/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 2:38am On May 04, 2017
Hand Eastern Palm University, Ideato, over to the Federal Government.

Gov Okorocha and Prof Anwuka - Second Minister for Education - can easily pull that through.

[Every year, more than 100,000 applicants from Imo State qualified for university education are denied admission] according to last VC of IMSU. More now, according to current JAMB statistics.

Imo State merits/deserves a second federal university.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by agaba77: 3:36am On May 04, 2017
Abagworo:

Just because Nairaland has given you a rare opportunity to interact with your superior should not warrant insult. This thread is not necessarily about Okorocha whom I admire and respect but about Imo State and the good news from there. Some of the pictures I post are individual investments and projects not related to Okorocha and everything I attribute to Okorocha is completely true. Since you claim to be from Imo State why can't you also post some good photos of your area to populate the thread? Then finally tell me your LGA and I will mentiin what I know Okorocha has built there.

My guy, i know it is hard to do but you need to ignore some of these Orlu this and Orlu that critics, Rochas is from Orlu and he is trying for Orlu and imo state in general.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by agaba77: 3:41am On May 04, 2017
mandax:
Hand Eastern Palm University, Ideato, over to the Federal Government.

Gov Okorocha and Prof Anwuka - Second Minister for Education - can easily pull that through.

[Every year, more than 100,000 applicants from Imo State qualified for university education are denied admission] according to last VC of IMSU. More now, according to current JAMB statistics.

Imo State merits/deserves a second federal university.
Seconded, Rochas should to try and increase the capacity of imsu by building new 30,000 student campus in orlu and okigwe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by agaba77: 4:12am On May 04, 2017
TabletMan:
You people from orlu are very greedy and selfish, Thank God we don't practice this type of sectional government in anambra where one particular greedy side will be whining for their area to be equal in development with the capitail . the orsu orlu oru east part of this road is seriously undergoing rehabilitation so be up to date with info before condemning what you don't know.

they complain a lot, haba.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 4:01pm On May 05, 2017
agaba77:

My guy, i know it is hard to do but you need to ignore some of these Orlu this and Orlu that critics, Rochas is from Orlu and he is trying for Orlu and imo state in general.

Brus,

Rochas Okorocha is not from Orlu.

With words and deeds, Rochas has amply demonstrated that he is not from Orlu.

Rochas is naturally from Ideato South lga, but Owerri is his new home in Imo State.

Move into the scrapped and abandoned roads in Orlu, you shall spit, Tufiakwa, no governor worth the name can have the heart to treat his subjects so bad.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:15pm On May 05, 2017
Ongoing greening of Orji flyover garden.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 9:54pm On May 05, 2017
Truth be said,

Rochas is really trying to make Owerri a world class destination.

Imo people should be happy to have at least one decent modern city inside their state than have 20 semi shanty towns.

If Owerri makes it to be counted as a great and conducive city to attract foreign tourists and investors, i will say Rochas government was a success.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MXrep: 10:19pm On May 05, 2017
OreMI22:
Truth be said,

Imo people should be happy to have at least one decent modern city inside their state than have 20 semi shanty towns.

If Owerri makes it to be counted as a great and conducive city to attract foreign tourists and investors, i will say Rochas government was a success.
Why then do we complain against Nigerian government. We can as well relax and enjoy the "wold class city" Nigerian government is giving us in Abuja and stop crying for federal presence

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:42pm On May 05, 2017
OreMI22:
Truth be said,

One of those Owerri clowns spotted.

If Nigerian govt channels nearly all of Nigeria's income to build Abuja World Class City to compare with New York, London, or Tokyo, then Owerri must remain a village.

Only a clown will cheer or urge a state governor to build 8 lane streets, flyovers, tunnels, five inland roads, etc, in Owerri,

while the roads the governor scratched and abandoned in Orlu in the last five years feed dust to the lungs of the inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:54pm On May 05, 2017
Rochas Okorocha is burying the federal allocations of Imo State in the sands of Owerri because of differences he believes he has with a few politicians in Orlu area.

Ask Okorocha to repair the roads he scrapped in Orlu, his reaction shall be starting a new road or flyover or tunnel in Owerri, and finish it in a record time.

Most vindictive in government house.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 11:26pm On May 05, 2017
kikake:

One of those Owerri clowns spotted.

If Nigerian govt channels nearly all of Nigeria's income to build Abuja World Class City to compare with New York, London, or Tokyo, then Owerri must remain a village.

Only a clown will cheer or urge a state governor to build 8 lane streets, flyovers, tunnels, five inland roads, etc, in Owerri,

while the roads the governor scratched and abandoned in Orlu in the last five years feed dust to the lungs of the inhabitants.

Dude,
I am not from Imo state and I have not said Rochas shouldn't develop ORlu, Okigwe and Oguta as the other big towns in the state.

I am only commending his vision for the state capital. Many politicians will neither build Orlu nor Owerri.Afterall, Orlu people installed Rochas.

BTW, Okigwe has been neglected from the begining of time. I think Okigwe more than Orlu should be complaining here. Mind you, Okigwe was a city in Eastern Nigeria the size of Owerri and Umuahia before creation of Imo state. Today, even orlu is more developed than Okigwe.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On May 05, 2017
kikake:
Rochas Okorocha is burying the federal allocations of Imo State in the sands of Owerri because of differences he believes he has with a few politicians in Orlu area.

Ask Okorocha to repair the roads he scrapped in Orlu, his reaction shall be starting a new road or flyover or tunnel in Owerri, and finish it in a record time.

Most vindictive in government house.

He still has two years to go and promised to do more in Orlu and Okigwe urban before bowing out. No Governor in history of Imo State has spread development to hinterland as much as Okorocha be it in road network, schools, hospitals and more.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 3:15am On May 06, 2017
Abagworo:
Ongoing greening of Orji flyover garden.

I commend the beautification but using blocks to build barrier on busy street that doesn't measure up at all.Concrete barriers is needed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2017
adimsmt:

I commend the beautification but using blocks to build barrier on busy street that doesn't measure up at all.Concrete barriers is needed.

You didn't look well as that's the garden fence.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 2:30pm On May 06, 2017
Abagworo:

You didn't look well as that's the garden fence.

Mr Abagworo yes i know it is garden fence, that will be more reason concrete barrier is needed, that section of the road will experience heavy traffic. Inner street its Ok, but any barrier around the flyover need strong concrete barrier not block.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:30pm On May 06, 2017
adimsmt:

Mr Abagworo yes i know it is garden fence, that will be more reason concrete barrier is needed, that section of the road will experience heavy traffic. Inner street its Ok, but any barrier around the flyover need strong concrete barrier not block.

Concrete pavement separates it from the road already.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2017
thenationonlineng.net/160-anglican-bishops-inaugurate-owerri-cathedral/

At least 160 Anglican bishops the world over will attend the consecration of the new cathedral in Owerri tomorrow..
The construction of Cathedral of Transformation of Our Lord (CATOL) commenced in 1979.
The Most Rev. Nicholas D. Okoh, Primate of All Nigeria Anglican Communion and Bishop of Abuja, will also attend the ceremony.
Mr Ndukwe Nnewuchi, the Chairman, Organising Committee for the Dedication of CATOL, said yesterday that the ceremony will attract all the South-East governors and other eminent personalities across the country and Anglican leaders the world over.
He further said arrangement had been perfected to ensure a memorable hosting of church leaders.
Four deacons will be ordained before the consecration of the multi-million naira cathedral.
Nnewuchi, who is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), noted that CATOL was completed recently by Bishop Cyril Okorocha with some adjustments.
Okorocha is the Anglican Bishop of Owerri
Nnewuchi said that adequate security arrangement had been made to ensure a hitch-free programme.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 7:17pm On May 06, 2017
Abagworo:

Concrete pavement separates it from the road already.

Somethings i understand why people defend the indefensible, this is not to criticize for the sake of criticism, it all about safety and i know what I'm talking about. what is there is sidewalk and it is easy for a car to jump the sidewalk and hit that wall and again if the block is concrete block it will be little Ok but this is just an ordinary hallow blocks.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2017
Traditional rulers secretariat built by Okorocha administration

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 12:01am On May 08, 2017
Still same old discourse stuff here.

When you have a hate-filled man as governor of a state, no discourse reasonable is ever on the table, except buildings and roads the man uses part of the state's allocations to build in the state capital.

What state governor would after building broad roads in the state capital, goes on again to spend money on metal decorations on the top of the roads, while roads scratched and abandoned by the governor in the other towns that he hates continues to feed dust to the lungs of people in those areas, close to five years? And the governor does not care!!!!

Fact is that development in Imo state outside Owerri has become decelerated, compared to neighbouring states.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
Imo State University of Engineering and Environmental Sciences Umuna, Starts In September 2017
2017-03-16 New Statesman Admin Imo Free Education, Imo State

The Commissioner for Local Government and Rural Development, Mr Ema Ibediro has reminded Contractors handling Projects at the Imo State University of Engineering and Environmental Sciences Umuna, of the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorochas’ intentions for Academic Activities to start on the Campus by September this year.

The Commissioner stated this while ascertaining the level of work at the Academics and Administrative Blocks, Workshops, and Hostels under construction.

He applauded them for the work they have done so far, urging them to expedite work for academic work to commence in the Institution.

In response, one of the Contractors, Mr. Uche Lebechi assured the Commissioner that they would deliver as scheduled.

Present at the scene was the Tradirional Ruler of Okeohia Umuna Autonomous Community, Eze Marcel Ohalete, who thanked the Governor for approving the site, and expressed the people’s happiness that the long awaited University Campus was realised at last.

http://www.imostatesman.com/2017/03/16/engineeringenvironmental-sciences-umuna-commence-academic-activities-september/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2017
Protea Hotel Owerri Select 99% completed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2017
More of Protea.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2017
-umuna-commence-academic-activities-september/[/quote]
RareDiamond:
Imo State University of Engineering and Environmental Sciences Umuna, Starts In September 2017
2017-03-16 New Statesman Admin Imo Free Education, Imo State

The Commissioner for Local Government and Rural Development, Mr Ema Ibediro has reminded Contractors handling Projects at the Imo State University of Engineering and Environmental Sciences Umuna, of the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorochas’ intentions for Academic Activities to start on the Campus by September this year.

It's actually Faculty of Engineering and Environmental sciences of IMSU not a new University of its own.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2017
This Lake Court Estate is beautiful and selling fast.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by akanuson: 12:24pm On May 10, 2017
Owerri is really not bad at all
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2017
Photos taken at Umuodu Mbieri and Awo-Omamma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: bowoeyean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.