Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403505 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Vicboi1:
now that the rains has started only God knows how owerri would be because of littered projects

After rain comes sunshine.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2017
Abagworo:

After rain comes sunshine.
let's watch and see because I just passed World Bank and that place is a mess
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
Royal Billion Service Apartments at Orji.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2017
Expected outcome of the various major roads in Owerri as shared by Okorocha's aide. I think it's a render. The other photos show some completed portions of Okigwe Road and one recently kicked off Bank Road.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2017
Updated photos of Eastern Palm University Ogboko near Orlu. 2nd Imo State owned University after IMSU.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
Abagworo,

Associating Orlu to Eastern Palm University in far away Ogboko, Ideato South LGA may create negative image for the university.

This is Orlu rotting with dusty streets as abandoned by Okorocha govt. No pipe borne water, no road, you can hardly connect Point A to Point B in Orlu unless with Okada. A slight rain creates floods that keep people indoors. Okorocha vehemently refuses to complete Orlu's drainage system started by former governors.

Okorocha is fighting a big war against Orlu. That university sef, e get as e be.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2017
Orlu major streets.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Orlu urban streets. How come a state governor builds 8 lane streets and fly overs and tunnels in one part of the state but leaves these streets in another part of the same state like they are five years now?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
Imo State Fire Station in Orlu under Okorocha govt.

Orlu residents contribute to build their roads and drainage systems while the state governor builds 8 lane streets and road tunnels and underground drainage and flyovers elsewhere, because the elsewhere was pronounced state capital.

How does one describe madness?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AbuEzeFemi(m): 1:52am On Apr 12, 2017
fire service is for federal government not imo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 3:13am On Apr 12, 2017
Abagworo:
Expected outcome of the various major roads in Owerri as shared by Okorocha's aide. I think it's a render. The other photos show some completed portions of Okigwe Road and one recently kicked off Bank Road.

If they make the road 4 or 5 lanes and fail to mark it, one trailer will be driving in the middle and prevent other cars from passing. Thus making it a single lane or at best 2 lanes.

Simple road finishing as Road marking isn't just for beauty. It helps drivers to know how to drive safely in one lane and share the road with other users. But Nigeria is used to spending money on road expansion without marking the roads to help drivers stay in one lane and optimally utilize the space for multiple vehicles at rush hour.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2017
AbuEzeFemi:

The federal and state government both have their own fire services.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2017
AbuEzeFemi:

Federal Fire Service is different from State Fire Service. Below is Imo State Fire Service Owerri, built by Okorocha govt.

Anyhow, in Imo, some clan seriously believes that govt has no business doing anything outside the state capital:

a drainage project in Orlu started by former Imo governor, Ikwechegh, the present governor was told that it is a federal project; he seems to have agreed.

Imo state govt proposed regional water schemes for Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe. Owerri water scheme was built and utilized for almost two decades, the story for today's govt is that it is the responsibility of federal govt to build the same proposed water schemes in Orlu and complete that of Okigwe. Gov. Okorocha seems to have agreed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2017
Another useless comment again. Please go to you omabala website and allow sane minds contribute to the thread

ruggedized1:

Useless old fool, did I lie? cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2017
You are a hopeless bastard. I careless about your useless state and thread but if you i.diots call my attention I will always be your guest.

[s]
RareDiamond:
Another useless comment again. Please go to you omabala website and allow sane minds contribute to the thread
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are a hopeless bastard. I careless about your useless state and thread but if you i.diots call my attention I will always be your guest.

[s][/s]

S hut up just appreciate good thing once in your life this Anambra man ! chino chino chino! 3 times though Anambra page is dead

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Douglas you are a bastard. Ekwensu kpogi oku there.

[s]
ROYALD:

S hut up just appreciate good thing once in your life this Anambra man ! chino chino chino! 3 times though Anambra page is dead
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Useless comment with no effect. Don't allow hate to control you.

ruggedized1:

[s][/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
RareDiamond:
I am useless

If you say so.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Developing Imo without developing Orlu is absolutely impossible. The economy of Orlu impacts more communities and people than any other local in the east because the Orlu zone is the most densely populated non-urban zone in the zoo. Development is all about the tactical and efficient. You develop the places that have the most tactical advantage in spread development. The northern portion of Imo State is where industry will come from. It has the population, resources and geographically it access to the major markets of Imo Abia and Anambra but if it's not a priority, we'll continue to the an oasis of hotels

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Another ineffective and useless comment

ruggedized1:

If you say so.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
If Okorocha government had tarred even 30% of Orlu urban roads and drainage system, Imo state by now would be having a second large city to be proud of.

Orlu area is where the population of Imo mostly resides. Orlu urban lga has the largest number of voters, compared to any other lga in Imo.

Okorocha builds whatever modern he likes in Owerri, Abagworo and co. advertise on the social media, only a tiny fraction of Imo state applauds, if at all any applause;
Okorocha and Co. wouldn’t ask themselves: why?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ruggedized1: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
RareDiamond:
i am ineffective and useless

Hmmm. Ok oo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
This Orlu -Akokwa road dualized by Okorocha, it fails frequently between Orlu and Ogboko junction.

After many years the road cracked to near impassable status, Udenwa govt reconstructed the road via federal government.

Without Orlu urban drainage completed by Imo state government, there's still risk the road may crack.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
Amah70:
Orlu major streets.

These roads are pretty good compared with many roads in Port Harcourt and most cities in Nigeria.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2017
I like these

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iamhorny(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2017
Abagworo, please is there how you can get an Ariel snapshot of this part of Owerri?

God bless you for your good works.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Imo State Cargo Airport to be ready by May – Rochas Okorocha

Tope Alabi March 14, 2017
Imo State might be ready to use her International Cargo Airport in May 2017. This was made known by the Governor of the State, during an interaction with newsmen in Owerri.
He said that the airport which costs over N7 billion to upgrade, would improve the economy of the state. The governor was happy with the newly-established Air Force base in the state.
Okorocha said that efforts were being made to ensure the welfare of officers were adequately taken care of. He, however, said that 100 Imo youths with a minimum of five credits in their Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations would be trained and absorbed by the Air Force.
The governor said that the 200-bed General Hospital in Owerri North Local Government Area had been handed over to the Air Force for official use. According to the governor, similar hospitals in Ngor-Okpala, Owerri West and Ideato South have also been handed over to the Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Police Force in the state respectively.
Okorocha also said that 200 hectares of land had been allocated to the Air Force for the construction of its new base. He expressed joy over Federal Government’s projects in the state and commended the Army for the three command schools it established in each of the three geo-political zones of the state.
The governor said that security in the state had greatly improved and applauded the security agencies for the development. Okorocha said that the efforts of the security agencies had reduced crime in the state. The governor said that a new security outfit named “Imo Government House Security’’ had been established to complement the efforts of the Rapid Response Squad of the Police and others. He said that efforts were being made to boost the security of the state prisons.
( Vanguard Newspaper)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
As we celebrate Owerri 8-lanes Streets, A SENIOR APC MEMBER FROM ORLU CRIED OUT RECENTLY: {see what Umusasa Street has turned to at the first rains}.

Umusasa street is one of the dozens of streets now barely passable in Orlu.
Ten thousand or more people live on, or do business on both sides of the street.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2017
Braden6:
These are 3d images. All roads should have sidewalks,street name signs,street lights ,traffic signs .forget about concrete median and overpasses . Forget about skyscrapers for now.
Freehold land ownership should be abolished(owners compensated) and all land should be owned by government and sold in large acres to property developers for housing,agriculture and industrial purposes.There should be building codes on what to build and what not to build in designated areas. Nigeria will never develop without this . Everything you're doing is a waste of time .

What you advocate for is already causing wars in Africa. If most others were like me it would've been possible but unfortunately the majority have their way. In Owerri and all State capitals for example that's how it is for Government owned areas but natives often start up a resistance that ends in compromise.

http://www.nigerianews24.com/articles/owerri-indigenes-protest-land-acquisition-by-imo-govt

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.