Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2395699 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2017
Just visited. The mob of hatefulness eating up the politics of a state governor is sinking deeper.
Loooooool.

Hatred for an area and its people who gave the governor the highest support and number of votes in 2011 - that's what made Imo state become a state where nothing meaningful is heard anymore about areas outside the state capital.

When is the National Assembly empowering the local government councils to collect and spend their allocations? Rest of Imo state is going down the drain for the state capital, no thanks to a governor who does not understand that he is flouting the law and constitution through his Imo of one city - Owerri -only project.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2017
www.bizcommunity.com/Article.aspx?l=196&c=373&i=167988

Protea Hotels by Marriott has announced the opening of Protea Hotel by Marriott, Owerri Select in South-Eastern Nigeria. The 90-room hotel, developed by African Capital Alliance, a leading investment firm, and Kunoch Limited, is located in Owerri city, the capital of Imo State.

Imo State is commonly referred to as the “heartland” and is regarded as the entertainment capital of Eastern Nigeria. The state is also a producer of oil and natural gas and is home to a large number of regional oil and financial services offices.
Confidence in potential of Nigeria

Commenting on the opening of the hotel, Volker Heiden, vice president Protea Hotels by Marriott, Marriott International said: “The opening of Protea Hotel by Marriott, Owerri Select, illustrates our confidence in the potential of Nigeria and is in line with our commitment to growing in strategic secondary cities across the continent. The recent expansion of the city’s airport will give the city better accessibility, which we are confident will further drive business travel.”

Obiora Nwogugu, principal and head of real estate at African Capital Alliance added, “This new hotel is an important addition to the hotels we already own in the cities of Lagos and Benin in Nigeria, and Takoradi in Ghana. We are pleased to partner yet again with Protea Hotels by Marriott, which enjoys strong regional brand equity and awareness coupled with the global distribution of Marriott International.”

Described as ‘the continent of opportunity for the 21st century’, Africa continues to be an attractive investment proposition for many global corporates including the hotel industry.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tysontim(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2017
No picutre?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2017
i am tired of seeing hotel business springing up in Owerri.

whats the update on this project? https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/shell-invest-new-multi-billion-dollar-gas-project/?

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......This thread tire me mehn

Abagworo:
www.bizcommunity.com/Article.aspx?l=196&c=373&i=167988

Protea Hotels by Marriott has announced the opening of Protea Hotel by Marriott, Owerri Select in South-Eastern Nigeria. The 90-room hotel, developed by African Capital Alliance, a leading investment firm, and Kunoch Limited, is located in Owerri city, the capital of Imo State.

Imo State is commonly referred to as the “heartland” and is regarded as the entertainment capital of Eastern Nigeria. The state is also a producer of oil and natural gas and is home to a large number of regional oil and financial services offices.
Confidence in potential of Nigeria

Commenting on the opening of the hotel, Volker Heiden, vice president Protea Hotels by Marriott, Marriott International said: “The opening of Protea Hotel by Marriott, Owerri Select, illustrates our confidence in the potential of Nigeria and is in line with our commitment to growing in strategic secondary cities across the continent. The recent expansion of the city’s airport will give the city better accessibility, which we are confident will further drive business travel.”

Obiora Nwogugu, principal and head of real estate at African Capital Alliance added, “This new hotel is an important addition to the hotels we already own in the cities of Lagos and Benin in Nigeria, and Takoradi in Ghana. We are pleased to partner yet again with Protea Hotels by Marriott, which enjoys strong regional brand equity and awareness coupled with the global distribution of Marriott International.”

Described as ‘the continent of opportunity for the 21st century’, Africa continues to be an attractive investment proposition for many global corporates including the hotel industry.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
Abagworo:
More from the procession.

Loooooool
The madness induced by hatred and incurable malice a state governor has for people in an area of the state is manifesting in rented mami water white robed women

If the governor had done his obligations to Orlu from where he got the highest support and votes in 2011; he needed not hire white robed women in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
If Rochas Okorocha can hire a million white mami waters to match for him in Owerri, it's a promise that Orlu shall sink Rochas Okorocha's political career in Imo state by 2019.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
Sights and sounds of Owerri within the week of Okorocha's 55th birthday.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
tysontim:
No picutre?
I have few

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
More photos

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
The graduation of Rochas foundation students in their thousands.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
The inauguration of Rochas foundation College of Africa. Presently there are 3 Rochas foundation Colleges in Imo State with one at Owerri, 2nd one at Ogboko and this new international one at Mbieri which forms part of his Spibat mansion. In essence this school is part of his house.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
More from the inauguration

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Earlier at Heroes square

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
Wait o. I want to understand something. Are the students of these his schools on scholarships?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FTreloaded(m): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
there are more hausa people in the pictures than igbos in the vip section...and some people would tell me that roach-ass is not an abokki and abagworo is not his cousin.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Wait o. I want to understand something. Are the students of these his schools on scholarships?

They're all on absolute free education including feeding and accommodation though not completely funded by Okorocha himself but a conglomerate of donor organisations.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
Abagworo:

They're all on absolute free education including feeding and accommodation though not completely funded by Okorocha himself but a conglomerate of donor organisations.

I wonder if that will be sustainable in the long run.

FTreloaded:
there are more hausa people in the pictures than igbos in the vip section...and some people would tell me that roach-ass is not an abokki and abagworo is not his cousin.

Forming friendships, partnerships and alliances with people of diverse backgrounds is a virtue. At least, it's a virtue to most of the rational world. But it's clearly something to disdain when one is filled with hate and bitterness. Better grow some common sense.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FTreloaded(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Forming friendships, partnerships and alliances with people of diverse backgrounds is a virtue. At least, it's a virtue to most of the rational world. But it's clearly something to disdain when one is filled with hate and bitterness. Better grow some common sense.

that is imo state and yet there are more mallam dignitaries in the pictures than the red cap chiefs. is this alliance or sellout?

wear your thinking cap, oga.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
FTreloaded:

that is imo state and yet there are more mallam dignitaries in the pictures than the red cap chiefs. is this alliance or sellout?

wear your thinking cap, oga.

And so what? How much money did you or your family donate to his foundation? Did any big man from Imo donate money to his foundation and Rochas rejected them? As I said before, better get common sense and grow up and stop drowning in your hatred. People like you are the reason Igbos are easily the most resented, distrusted tribe in the country. And people like you are the reason Igbos are absolutely hopeless in politics: a majority tribe with a minority mentality who lack the tact and diplomacy to build alliances with other people. Then start crying "marginalization" when you're relegated to the background.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FTreloaded(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

And so what? How much money did you or your family donate to his foundation? Did any big man from Imo donate money to his foundation and Rochas rejected them? As I said before, better get common sense and grow up and stop drowning in your hatred. People like you are the reason Igbos are easily the most resented, distrusted tribe in the country. And people like you are the reason Igbos are absolutely hopeless in politics: a majority tribe with a minority mentality who lack the tact and diplomacy to build alliances with other people. Then start crying "marginalization" when you're relegated to the background.

and so what? really?

nobody said making alliance with members of other tribes is a bad move but when it becomes too obvious that you prefer them over your own people, many brows would raise and your loyalty would be questioned.

zik had alliances with mallams in his days, chanting "one nigeria" while awolowo was building the future of the yorubas; see where it landed us today? and why won't igbos cry "marginalization"...are you so blind you can't tell why or just want to be a hypocrite like the rest of your brothers?

are you too blind to see that igbo leaders are a bunch of cowards in servitude to the north - and they'd willingly shut our mouth if we try to raise our voices in protest?

no...you won't see these things because you're an abokki too.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
PRESIDENT BUHARI CELEBRATES GOVERNOR OKOROCHA ON 55TH BIRTHDAY

President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on his 55th birthday.

In a personal congratulatory message to the Governor, earlier in the week, President Buhari extolled the celebrant’s sterling leadership qualities, selfless philanthropy and commitment to the nation’s unity.

The President wished him many more years of service to his people and to the country.

The letter reads in part: ‘‘On this special occasion, I wish to commend Governor Okorocha’s leadership and commitment to the people of Imo State and the entire nation.

‘‘His philanthropy has touched many lives in states across the country, from the south to the north.

‘‘I also wish to express my deep appreciation to him for his support and commitment to the success of this administration.

‘‘Owelle Rochas Okorocha had the vision to look beyond ethnic bias and align his political interest and that of his people with that of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), even when many in his region did not have such foresight.

‘‘Happy birthday, Owelle Rochas Okorocha!

Garba Shehu
SSA to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 30, 2017

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sonature1: 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
Abagworo:
The inauguration of Rochas foundation College of Africa. Presently there are 3 Rochas foundation Colleges in Imo State with one at Owerri, 2nd one at Ogboko and this new international one at Mbieri which forms part of his Spibat mansion. In essence this school is part of his house.

God! Rochas is doing all this and some e-warriors are busy hating on him? SMH. You see, in life, God has an enigmatic means of blessing someone which beats the cognitive abilities of his enemies.

Trust me, with the prayers of these chaste kids, I'm convinced that God will keep blessing Rochas beyond the understanding of many people...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

If you are truly Igbo, you need to go back to school to get good education. Much of Imo people are educated; can differentiate between right and wrong.

But I can bet my card 99.9% certainty that you are not Igbo.
When the days of the Empire expire soon, Imo people shall speak, say the right things, and pick up the pieces from there.

Enuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2017
kikake:

If you are truly Igbo, you need to go back to school to get good education. Much of Imo people are educated; can differentiate between right and wrong.

When the days of the Empire expire soon, Imo people shall speak, say the right things, and pick up the pieces from there.

Enuff said.

What does this pile of cow dung you posted have to do with anything I said? Who said Imo people were illiterates or uneducated before?

I don't know why many of you clowns, when confronted with inconvenient arguments, start spewing utter twaddle about where somebody is from. Do you imagine a world where all Igbo men are justt brainless sheep that follow each other's opinions? I'm from Idemili and I'm more Igbo than your father, but I honestly don't give the slightest fucckks whether some faceless loser on the internet thinks I'm Igbo or not. It was 700 priests from yours state that behaved like common touts and rejected a fellow Igbo man as their Bishop because he's from Anambra and doesn't "speak their dialect". grin Save your stewpid lectures about being Igbo or being "educated" for people like them.

Anuofia!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2017
FTreloaded:

and so what? really?

nobody said making alliance with members of other tribes is a bad move but when it becomes too obvious that you prefer them over your own people, many brows would raise and your loyalty would be questioned.

zik had alliances with mallams in his days, chanting "one nigeria" while awolowo was building the future of the yorubas; see where it landed us today? and why won't igbos cry "marginalization"...are you so blind you can't tell why or just want to be a hypocrite like the rest of your brothers?

are you too blind to see that igbo leaders are a bunch of cowards in servitude to the north - and they'd willingly shut our mouth if we try to raise our voices in protest?

no...you won't see these things because you're an abokki too.

See the contradictory nonsense you're writing up there and you're incapable of seeing the contradiction. You're crying about marginalization, yet in the same sentence, you're decrying the Igbo leader that has worked harder to build bridges than all the failures that came in after him. What do our problems today have to do with Zik? Is Zik the reason Igbo politicians today are absolutely hopeless in national politics and behave like a minority tribe?

Who are these Igbo leaders that are "a bunch of cowards in servitude to the North". This is what mindless hatred causes. Everybody becomes an enemy and everything is some kind of conspiracy with your enemy. You're probably one of the mindless people that accuse the governors of "betraying" Kanu even though they lobbied for his release from prison and the jobless miscreant from the UK rewarded them by insulting and undermining them and refused to listen to counsel. What do you consider bravery from a governor? You think making empty chest-beating noise on Nairaland is what makes you a brave man and you think South East politicians have the luxury of being uncouth, close-minded, myopic, insolent bigots like many of you internet noisemakers?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Tstv launches today in 5 cities

https://obisuj.com/2017/09/23/a-new-satellite-tv-tstv-set-to-launch-in-nigeria-with-200-channels-and-free-20gb-data.html

TSTV Service Locations

TSTV will function in all states, but according to what is on their twitter page, they are supposed to launch in Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Owerri and Kano first before other states.
TSTV Decoder will be available Nationwide from 1 of October 2017 .

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2017
kikake:

Enuff said.

All these Mbaise people always writing nonsense when they are minority with only 3 LGAs. In 2019 majority Imolites will choose their young and youthful leader. Bluntly Imo's case is settled for 2019 and it's APC all the way. No group has the capability to win an Okorocha backed candidate whether by hook or by crook. So prepare to either die trying to cause civil disobedience or better still go and join the winning team.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 11:10am On Oct 01, 2017
Abagworo:

All these Mbaise people always writing nonsense when they are minority with only 3 LGAs. In 2019 majority Imolites will choose their young and youthful leader. Bluntly Imo's case is settled for 2019 and it's APC all the way. No group has the capability to win an Okorocha backed candidate whether by hook or by crook. So prepare to either die trying to cause civil disobedience or better still go and join the winning team.

He/she is from Orlu where Rochas has been fighting a war against development. Rochas war against Orlu is an open war - even a little kid from Orlu sees with korokoro eyes - from five years abandoned roads, yearly flooding and no development infrastructure.

Add Mbaise to Rochas enemies in Imo, he is left with only Owerri Capital territory and the two Ideato councils, perhaps Ihiteuboma and Obowo local govt areas.

No Imo voter outside Owerri can think of allowing Okorocha "appoint" supporter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.