Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403705 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Purehuman(m): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
I hope the news I am reading about okorocha supporting cattle colonies is false.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Why would it be false? You know who he is
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
6pax:

What make it impressive shocked

It's fine but not something to compare with Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Inside the multi storey open market built by Okorocha at Orlu.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
Purehuman:
I hope the news I am reading about okorocha supporting cattle colonies is false.

Abagworo or Abogwara or imo1stson or whatever moniker he goes by for the first quarter of this year, should be able to answer that question.

He is Rochas' "paddy paddy" grin The one who knows what time the mischievous old geezer usually changes his diapers. grin
Although I haven't seen any credible source of this info, other than the rumors all over cyberspace.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
whirlwind7:

Abagworo or Abogwara or imo1stson or whatever moniker he goes by for the first quarter of this year, should be able to answer that question.

He is Rochas' "paddy paddy" grin The one who knows what time the mischievous old geezer usually changes his diapers. grin
Although I haven't seen any credible source of this info, other than the rumors all over cyberspace.

Only a brainless fool will believe in such crap typical of Ipob touts. They write fake news, ascribe it to Okorocha and then launch it with all their propaganda blogs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Abogwara:

Only a brainless fool will believe in such crap typical of Ipob touts. They write fake news, ascribe it to Okorocha and then launch it with all their propaganda blogs.

Ok. You have answered the question. No need to get emotional over it. cheesy
Be kind enough to let us know if Rochas decides to dash his kinsmen from Futa Djallon land in our backyard.
Purehuman, take note. The person who should know said its fake news.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Abogwara:

You seem not to get the point. Okorocha is working on Owerri as a pan-African city not as a local city. That Heroes park represents Africa and all people of colour not just Imo State or Nigeria. Most African-American visitors appreciate the park because their point of view is not specific to a particular State in Nigeria but all of us black people as a whole.
nice response.. I love your statement.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 6:53am On Jan 23, 2018
As reported by Commissioner for information

PRESS RELEASE

IMO STATE HAS NOT ADOPTED AND DOES NOT INTEND TO ADOPT ANY CATTLE COLONY POLICY

The attention of the RESCUE GOVERNMENT of Imo State has been drawn to the wild and unsubstantiated rumour currently making the rounds that parts of Imo State have been earmarked for the establishment of cattle colonies.

This information is wicked, unfounded and untrue although it represents the typical product of warped thinking of desperate mischief makers via the social media.

Out of abundant caution, the RESCUE MISSION GOVERNMENT of Imo State restates that there is no law, policy, decision, plan, request or intention to cede, allocate or designate any part of Imo State as a cattle colony.

The Regional Cattle Market in Okigwe is not a cattle colony in just the same way that the cattle markets in Lokpa in Abia State and Awka in Anambra State respectively, to mention a few, are not cattle colonies.

Ndi Imo and members of the public are therefore advised to disregard these baseless and laughable rumours.

It is unfortunate that manufacturing wicked and capricious lies on an hourly basis has become the hallmark or DNA of desperate oppositon politicians in our dear State.

These shameless elements and agents of national disunity have consistently, both in words and deeds, shown themselves to be sworn enemies of Ndi Imo in particular and Nigerians in general.

For the avoidance of doubt, the dastardly act of extra-judicial killng or taking the lives and or wanton destruction of the properties of other citizens by blood thirsty herdsmen or ethinic militias or terrorists anywhere in the country stand condemned.

Criminality can neither be legalised nor excused by diversionary labelling or dangerous over generalisations as a crime remains a crime no matter by whom committed.

This is to reassure Ndi Imo that the RESCUE MISSION GOVERNMENT is willing, ever ready and prepared to defend the lives and properties of Imolites and will not hesitate to deal decisively with criminal offenders accordingly to the full weight of the law.

Imo Must Be Better!

Prof Obiaraeri, N.O.
Honourable Commissioner For Information, Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
Abogwara:
Inside the multi storey open market built by Okorocha at Orlu.

Orlu urban lga needs a public university, and upgraded urban roads. There are already too many markets in Orlu urban lga.

Thanks to gov. Okororocha for the ongoing solar street lighting project in Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2018
kikake:

Orlu urban lga needs a public university, and upgraded urban roads. There are already too many markets in Orlu urban lga.

Thanks to gov. Okororocha for the ongoing solar street lighting project in Orlu.

Why the obsession with university in Imo State? How come you people don't talk about industries to engage the youths?

Before you tell me that government cannot manage industries, why can't they build it and concession it to private managers based on PPP arrangement?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
SoNature:

Why the obsession with university in Imo State? How come you people don't talk about industries to engage the youths?

Before you tell me that government cannot manage industries, why can't they build it and concession it to private managers based on PPP arrangement?

Manufacturing industries don't create enough good paying jobs if that is your reason. The tourism, real estate and hospitality industry which is thriving in IMO provides more jobs than manufacturing but only Agriculture can help reduce unemployment significantly. Nigeria as a whole needs agriculture to create at least 30 million more jobs as no other sector can create even a million jobs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ongoing construction of Owerri road in Okigwe Urban.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 6:46am On Jan 25, 2018
concrete concrete concrete. Make space for trees, jesus.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
Abogwara:

Using direct labor without supervision is like using a pig to clean your house. After mixing the cement on the tarred road, they leave it there to dry and make that portion rough and unsightly
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
OreMI22:

Using direct labor without supervision is like using a pig to clean your house. After mixing the cement on the tarred road, they leave it there to dry and make that portion rough and unsightly

Not wrong as the road has not been paved yet. I will still show the finished product later for us to criticize. Like someone pointed out, making the median green with trees would have made more sense but I guess they want to save maintenance cost.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
Where's the cursed useless old man called abogwara or abagworo or imo1stson? Nobody is discussing the mess in Imo state.

President of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) Kashim Ali yesterday said the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha is constructing bridges without engineering design.

Ali spoke when he led members of the council on a courtesy visit to the Senate yesterday. The council was received by former Senate president, David Mark, Senators Barnabas Gemade (APC, Benue) and Ibrahim Gobir (APC, Sokoto).

He said “Tragedy is about to happen in Imo State. Bridges are being built in Imo without design; it is a disaster waiting to happen.”

Ali said the COREN could not stop the construction as the act establishing it does not empower it to take such action.

He called on the Senate to support the amendment of the council’s act to empower it to enforce findings on buildings and other construction defects.

Mark described as unfortunate the construction of bridges without engineering design, saying the Senate will support the amendment of the act to empower COREN.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/okorocha-constructing-bridges-without-design-coren.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5354262998

https://www.nairaland.com/4308424/okorocha-constructing-bridges-without-design
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Watching today's phase of demolition of structures in Orlu in the face of uncompleted urban road works in Orlu started by Okorocha govt in 2012 ....

Among the Economy-sustaining roads started but abandoned in Orlu since 2012 include:
(1) roads leading to Imo International Market.

(2) roads leading to or surrounding Imo state University Teaching Hospital

(3) road from Imo Poly Campus/Bishop Shanahan College to St Josephs Catholic church - this leads directly to Ideato South, near Ogboko.

(4) road leading to Girls Secondary School Orlu from Amaigbo Road/Ezie junction.

(5) Amaigbo Road which is the most traveled road used by Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers and Abia states people going to Lagos.

More than N2 billion have been spent on these abandoned roads, what was left before 90% of them were abandoned is pouring asphalt on top.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ongoing construction of dual carriage Okigwe stadium road.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
Work going on night and day to complete the 45 km Owerri-Orlu dual carriage expressway. This road is the longest State constructed dual carriageway in the history of Southeast being done by Okorocha. Even Mbakwe, Michael Okpara and all successive governments did nothing of this magnitude in road construction.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
The Orlu-Owerri highway under construction.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
Abogwara:
The Orlu-Owerri highway under construction.

Where are Rochas' business advisers?

The Ogboko-Ugbelle-Bishop Shanahan College Orlu road (about 2km) is the only route to access Okorocha's businesses in Ideato from Orlu once the Akokwa-Orlu road fails - as the Akokwa-Orlu road frequently fails due to the topography of the area.
Ohakim-Udenwa govts nearly finished construction of the 2km road from Ugbelle to BSC Orlu - gutters constructed on both sides,
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2018
Umuna central school in Orlu, Imo State long reconstructed by Okorocha government. Sometimes the villagers and school officials deserve the blame for our failed infrastructure. Notice the bushy environment which I guess some people would expect governor or LG chairman to clear for them.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 8:33am On Jan 30, 2018
Ongoing construction of Umuorji technical College in Egbema, Imo State.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2018
Thank you, Abagworo. Please keep the pictures coming.

In my opinion, I think Imo State needs continuity just like our neighboring states.

This is because a governor from another party will definitely abandon these projects.

Most importantly, I need those centenary towers completed so as not only to give Owerri a nice facelift, but to also provide accommodation to Ndi Imo.

See how Lagos, Anambra, Ebonyi, etc. are steadily progressing because of continuity

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
Abogwara:
Umuna central school in Orlu, Imo State long reconstructed by Okorocha government. Sometimes the villagers and school officials deserve the blame for our failed infrastructure. Notice the bushy environment which I guess some people would expect governor or LG chairman to clear for them.

It's not the duty of City or Village dwellers to clear weeds in front of government premises.

The place the Umuna Central School, Orlu, is located is by no means a rural area, however this Okorocha government has been trying to re-grade Orlu as a rural area for the convenience of the governor.

Owerrinchise people do not clear weeds in front of Emmanuel College and other schools in Owerri.

Pray that soon, May 2019, there shall be an end to this Apartheid policy in development program of Okorocha government. Okorocha's adoption of Owerri as the only urban town in Imo state, and his consequent concentration of development projects in only Owerri zone, thereby politically and economically over-empower people of Owerri, that amounts to Apartheid policy.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2018
new road by orlu road owerri

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
kikake:

It's not the duty of City or Village dwellers to clear weeds in front of government premises.

The place the Umuna Central School, Orlu, is located is by no means a rural area, however this Okorocha government has been trying to re-grade Orlu as a rural area for the convenience of the governor.

Owerrinchise people do not clear weeds in front of Emmanuel College and other schools in Owerri.

Pray that soon, May 2019, there shall be an end to this Apartheid policy in development program of Okorocha government. Okorocha's adoption of Owerri as the only urban town in Imo state, and his consequent concentration of development projects in only Owerri zone, thereby politically and economically over-empower people of Owerri, that amounts to Apartheid policy.

In my time it was the labour prefect that took care of that using students.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
which one is Abogwara? I thought it was one of chino's numerous cloned monikers of Abagworo not until i read the posts.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
If this is the kind of road a governor can build in 21st Century i pray God takes the life of that Governor...This is useless

Abogwara:
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
GEJman:
If this is the kind of road a governor can build in 21st Century i pray God takes the life of that Governor...This is useless

Gej would have been half a man if he built half this road to Otuoke. I will still show the completed road later.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
This shows how daft you are...So GEJ will build the state roads in his state while while the state has a functional state governor?

goes to show how daft you are

Abogwara:

Gej would have been half a man if he built half this road to Otuoke. I will still show the completed road later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.