Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2409573 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
The dangerous colonial wooden bridge across Urashi river in Ugbelle, Ideato South is not replaced after seven years begging by those who voted Rochas. Thousands cross the bridge daily. Rochas builds, destroys and rebuilds bridges of no water in state capital

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Abagworo:
Work on ministry of happiness which was coined as a phrase to represent amalgamation of Heroes park, Heroes square and children's park has reached noticeable stage. The entrance to the bridge at Heroes park is being dismantled and integrated with the bridge coming from Heroes square.

Seven years later, Rochas still behaves like someone who doesn't understand leadership yet.

Actually, that man has no business being a leader because he's not organized.

https://www.nairaland.com/4546941/another-bridge-built-okorocha-collapses

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Is this bridge for vehicular traffic or just for humans to cross the street?

The pillars already show this cannot carry vehicles. I hope you guys are not deliberately endangering people's lives.

Abagworo, you never posted the picture of SMICA runway extension. Did you just forget or the project was another hoax?

No runway extension going on as at today. Someone just confirmed that

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 1:19am On Jun 08, 2018
AKswift:

No runway extension going on as at today. Someone just confirmed that

Why did Abagworo need to lie about it?

I since suspected he was lying because the airport has been operating normally, and was never closed early so that workers would work on the runway. But because i didn't live in Owerri i kept quiet.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:31am On Jun 08, 2018
SmartPolician:

Seven years later, Rochas still behaves like someone who doesn't understand leadership yet.

Actually, that man has no business being a leader because he's not organized.

https://www.nairaland.com/4546941/another-bridge-built-okorocha-collapses

No bridge collapsed and none has ever collapsed. It's a concocted story as usual by bitter losers. They know very well that the structure at the entrance of the bridge was dismantled and took pictures of just that front to deceive the gullible. Common sense tells you that if a bridge fell you would have seen the fallen bridge.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Cjrane2:

Why did Abagworo need to lie about it?

I since suspected he was lying because the airport has been operating normally, and was never closed early so that workers would work on the runway. But because i didn't live in Owerri i kept quiet.

I posted a photo of deputy Governor inspecting it earlier on this thread but it seems it was removed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Abagworo:

I posted a photo of deputy Governor inspecting it earlier on this thread but it seems it was removed.

I've seen it again and it's extension of terminal not runway.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
So you've joined Madumere's camp? lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7225786_fbimg1528369420132_jpeg4fff71d94afa34f04e15e3cfdafa711e

1. Why is there a bridge here?!!
2. Why are they using cosmetic house pillars to build a bridge?
3. Which car can this nonsense support?
4. Why is it so low?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
longayink:
The dangerous colonial wooden bridge across Urashi river in Ugbelle, Ideato South is not replaced after seven years begging by those who voted Rochas. Thousands cross the bridge daily. Rochas builds, destroys and rebuilds bridges of no water in state capital

In decreasing order, the greatest losers from Rochas Okorocha government are:
Ideatos and kinsmen of Rochas.
Orlu lga
Orlu senatorial district.

Avagworo you are carried.
Rocha is a wonderful politician. He fought a seven years vicious war against development in the areas where people voted him most. (Except roads leading up to his private business enterprises in the area)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
kikake:

In decreasing order, the greatest losers from Rochas Okorocha government are:
Ideatos and kinsmen of Rochas.
Orlu lga
Orlu senatorial district.

Avagworo you are carried.
Rocha is a wonderful politician. He fought a seven years vicious war against development in the areas where people voted him most. (Except roads leading up to his private business enterprises in the area)

This must be another discussant's account. Mr Discussant, Rochas is leaving office in less than 12 months from today. Please lets have some peace and quiet here
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7225786_fbimg1528369420132_jpeg4fff71d94afa34f04e15e3cfdafa711e

1. Why is there a bridge here?!!
2. Why are they using cosmetic house pillars to build a bridge?
3. Which car can this nonsense support?
4. Why is it so low?

I've tried to figure it out and came to a conclusion there is a house at the center of the median on which the bridge will cross and the house looks Roman or Greek.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
My major problem with this project will be failure to do proper landscaping with good ornamental trees and grasses. The other is choice of color which must be pure white or nothing as seen in this Greek one.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgboAmakaa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
what are the building here
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgboAmakaa(f): 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abagworo:
My major problem with this project will be failure to do proper landscaping with good ornamental trees and grasses. The other is choice of color which must be pure white or nothing as seen in this Greek one.

what is the building for ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
IgboAmakaa:

what is the building for ?

I don't know yet but feel it should be an entertainment zone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 1:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Abagworo:

I've seen it again and it's extension of terminal not runway.

Okay thanks.
I was wondering how i could have missed it.
Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 1:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Abagworo:

Tell Rochas to stop littering everywhere with projects

He has less than 12 months in office

He's beginning to act like a mad man lately.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2018
SmartPolician:

This must be another discussant's account. Mr Discussant, Rochas is leaving office in less than 12 months from today. Please lets have some peace and quiet here

Keyboard and monitor warrior. You demonstrate your ignorance of basic IT ways to find out multiple handlers here.

I didn't even bother to reply ofuzo who was making relevant inputs, because I left after knowing that your hero is down and out, can't succeed himself.

Your hero you had been cheering for his strong belief that he was elected State governor to develop, modernize and expand Owerri, while rest of Imo state wait till Owerri becomes a Mega city.

Most parochial lot. You are only happy when rest of Imo state remain glorified village, while your Owerri indigenous land owners are economically over-empowered by the Apartheid development pattern of Rochas Okorocha.

Certain, after May 29 2019, your lot must be laughing at Rochas as questions start to fly.

It was the turn of Okigwe zone to continue with governorship position in 2011.
But to narrow the yawning development gap between Owerri zone and Orlu zone, Orlu zone took a risk and voted massively for Okorocha against incumbent Ohakim.

Okorocha instead took to Govt House the old grudges he has against a few persons in Orlu area and damaged or stifled some existing infrastructures in Orlu zone, pursued only his private businesses in the zone, and widened the yawning development gap between Owerri and Orlu by more than 500%.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 3:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Too many people born and fed the falsehood that a state capital ought to be developed by government more than any other town or lga in the state.

Rochas Okorocha sold out the same falsehood in warehouse proportions..
Anyone that disputes the falsehood and calls for infrastructure outside Owerri on a thread meant to discus Imo state is not it.

It's a duty for every well-informed citizen of IMO state to denounce the ugly situation we have where a tiny portion of the state - Owerri - is many decades of modernity ahead of rest of the state.

The bogey state governors who sustain this ugly situation do so for their selfish ends - build eye-catching things in Owerri and beat the drum that IMO state is developing, then pocket the funds meant to provide infrastructures in the other 24 local councils of Imo state. Owerri beneficiaries of this trend clap for the governor.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 6:31am On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=Ofodirinwa post=68214229]

Two issues

1. The people that are contracted to build aren't formally taught how to build under any set code. Westerners follow codes when they build that says windows must by X high andy Long. Door must be x amount of steps from the major road. Very specific stuff that is issued to architects and developers and regularly updated. They're not just building what they think looks nice where they're asked. All of this is impossible if someone educated isn't handling the building. Formally educated. Our builders are apprentice builders. They build what they're taught, add their personal flair and pass it to the next person. This makes progress extremely slow. We don't have many things because nobody knows how to build them. Many of the people you would ask to build them have never seen them before in their lives.

2. Speed of construction: the demand of housing is impossible for any government, Nigeria, US, France etc to keep up with in Nigeria. The volume and pace of residential constructions are so fast and volumous that Dangote is one of the world's richest men for investing in Nigerian cement. This tells you we're using the product at a record pace. By the time you finish Eco Atlantic is luck that it's and Island, and completely fresh unclaimed land. By the time Eco Atlantic is finished, Onitsha will double in physical size. So whatever plans you have for a city in Nigeria that's no on an island that you can easily keep people off of while you're planning and gridding are a pipe dream. All other land is someone elses' land and they will do with it what they want (and fast). People don't even wait for a neighborhood to have a road before they start. When they're done that exact same person will begin another one.

I thought of a solution the other day, i'll share shortly [qoute]

Sure, I agree that every single structure built in igboland was by village contractors, but I disagree with every other thing you said. They (urban renewal projects) are especially not a pipe dream because they are actually doable. The Chinese for one, have already accomplished this FEAT.
To be able to build a city, you must aquire a VIRGIN land. If the location was presently occupied, then you can confiscate the land and pay compensation to the owners. The system as it was practiced in igboland, where people individually sold plots of land to other individuals to build whatever is exactly why our igbo cities look like shitholes.
Onitsha doubling in size? I don't so. Onitsha have absolutely no room to double anywhere. Onitsha like aba have no room to expand as the city is surrounded by indegenes. This is the problem of most igbo cities.
The reason why you have cement billionaires in nigeria is because you guys use exclusively cement in housing and construction. Not so in Western countries that use other varieties of construction materials. As a matter of fact, the amount of cement used in constructing a single unit house in the US is probably less than 20%.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Call07034780891: 7:01am On Jun 09, 2018
Focus more on your sh1t.hole Imo state and stop mentioning Anambra here. You claimed to know everything but common google earth you can't use. Use it to cure your ignorance about the expansion of Onitsha. Use it also to see that there are virgin lands surrounding Onitsha for further and future expansion. Use it also to cure your hate and madness.

Ofuzo:
Sure, I agree that every single structure built in igboland was by village contractors, but I disagree with every other thing you said. They (urban renewal projects) are especially not a pipe dream because they are actually doable. The Chinese for one, have already accomplished this FEAT.
To be able to build a city, you must aquire a VIRGIN land. If the location was presently occupied, then you can confiscate the land and pay compensation to the owners. The system as it was practiced in igboland, where people individually sold plots of land to other individuals to build whatever is exactly why our igbo cities look like shitholes.
Onitsha doubling in size? I don't so. Onitsha have absolutely no room to double anywhere. Onitsha like aba have no room to expand as the city is surrounded by indegenes. This is the problem of most igbo cities.
The reason why you have cement billionaires in nigeria is because you guys use exclusively cement in housing and construction. Not so in Western countries that use other varieties of construction materials. As a matter of fact, the amount of cement used in constructing a single unit house in the US is probably less than 20%.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yyeske(m): 8:27am On Jun 09, 2018
Call07034780891:
Focus more on your shit.hole Imo state and stop mentioning Anambra here. You claimed to know everything but common google earth you can't use. Use it to cure your ignorance about the expansion of Onitsha. Use it also see that there are virgin lands surrounding Onitsha for further and future expansion. Use it also to cure your hate and madness.

Easy, just let it pass for now. The bitterness in him can be seen by all, let it just pass.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Call07034780891:
Focus more on your shit.hole Imo state and stop mentioning Anambra here. You claimed to know everything but common google earth you can't use. Use it to cure your ignorance about the expansion of Onitsha. Use it also see that there are virgin lands surrounding Onitsha for further and future expansion. Use it also to cure your hate and madness.

Has anyone told u lately that u need some medical attention?

Chino, you need help.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Call07034780891: 8:32am On Jun 09, 2018
SoNature:

Has anyone told me lately that my useless and hopeless father needs medical attention?

My hopeless father needs help.

You are right indeed, your useless father needs it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Eagba(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Abagworo if the govt will see this i'll be happy.
To reduce unemployment in imo state the govt can ban birds from outside the state, knowing fully well that hotels and most restaurants can't do without poultry product, and fun seekers can't do without imo state, this will create a scarsity that smart imo youths can key into and establish poultry farms and make millions. Even the big hotels will be looking for farms to invest in, to be guarantee thier product.
Most hotels employ only few people and the money remain in few hands, but with this policy, wealth will be created and distributed. Unemployment will be reduce by atleast 25%
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2018
Rochas will just wake up from sleep and start building something, forgetting that he has countless projects littered across the state

Chai! What sort of nonsense is this?!

30th May 19, please hurry because his madness has become unbearable and annoying!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Okorocha today visited victims of last night's disastrous rainstorm. He promised financial assistance and other forms of help.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
The border communities in Anambra state are the new killing grounds for the Fulani herdsmen.

Now the tie up women in their farm, rape them before butchering them like animals.

This is exactly why the IGP wanted to disarm Anambra people because he knew their plot to invade the state was close. it has finally started. The youths in all these villages should simply defend themselves.

The is a war of elimination going on secretly by those piloting these wars against us from Abuja. The time to STOP buying beef and instead eat chicken and fish is now. Also, youths whose farms are destroyed by cows should slaughter the animal responsible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKTPtvsZGo

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
OreMI22:
The border communities in Anambra state are the new killing grounds for the Fulani herdsmen.

Now the tie up women in their farm, rape them before butchering them like animals.

This is exactly why the IGP wanted to disarm Anambra people because he knew their plot to invade the state was close. it has finally started. The youths in all these villages should simply defend themselves.

The is a war of elimination going on secretly by those piloting these wars against us from Abuja. The time to STOP buying beef and instead eat chicken and fish is now. Also, youths whose farms are destroyed by cows should slaughter the animal responsible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKTPtvsZGo

I have always advocated for our people to stop or reduce the consumption of beef and instead eat more chicken and fish.
Personally, i eat chicken and turkey even in soups and stew and its much better and healthier.

Culture of eating beef in our environment is partly what is driving all the cows in northern Nigeria into our farms because there is market for it.

people performing ceremonies in Igboland should learn to stop buying cows for the celebrant. Instead, give him the equivalent N300,000 - 500,000 naira in an envelop and still carry the rope to show you bought a cow. Buying 20 cows for people and then they have to sell them at discount of more than N200, 000 back to herdsmen means you actually gave them about N50,000 even though your cow cost N250,000 naira. I just hope we change the bad aspects of our culture that is encouraging the current slaughter of our people.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoNature:

Chino, you need help.

This BOYI is sooooo sick and narcissistic that he attacked with the moniker call07034780891, and then cloned another moniker Yyeske to respond to call07034780891. The BOYI definitely needs to be confined to a psychiatric hospital.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoNature:

Chino, you need help.

The village BOYI is sooooo sick and narcissistic that he attacked me with the moniker call07034780891 and then cloned another moniker Yyeske to respond to call07034780891. The village BOYI definitely needs to be confined to a psychiatric hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59