Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404972 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I thought Okorocha did not do anything in Orlu according to mandex and kikake

One month's federal allocation to Orlu municipal lga can do ten of that roundabout in Orlu if Okorocha had allowed the allocations to Orlu, instead of using the 7+ years allocation to build his new hometown, Owerri.

That dusty-muddy roundabout is what Okorocha displays on his government's web site as his achievement in Orlu.

Close to half a million people live on dilapidated and dust/mud filled two lane streets in Orlu municipal, as Okorocha builds 10-lane streets and federal government prisons and police barracks in Owerri.

Turn by turn development policy in a state - policy bought only by ignoramuses.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
asha80:
where in okigwe if i may ask?

When people complain that some of Rochas' projects look cheap and substandard, this flyover is a good representation of what they mean! Just compare this ugly, uneven looking monstrosity to the sleek and beautiful one delivered by Umahi in Abakaliki! sad
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
that Okigwe flyover looks worryingly uneven.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
Okigwe

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Senator Ararume's mansion in Okigwe. But as senator, he couldn't build anything half this nice outside of his own private land. Onye oshi

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ada Palm

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Orlu

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
that Okigwe flyover looks worryingly uneven.
i can confidently say that that flyover is not in okigwe rather it is either flyover in orji or the flyover in akwakuma all in owerri(i suspect it is this one from the enviroment)

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
asha80:
i can confidently say that that flyover is not in okigwe rather it is either flyover in orji or the flyover in akwakuma all in owerri(i suspect it is this one from the enviroment)

ok thank you, my source said Okigwe but it's probably more propaganda from the Okorocha camp
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Ada Palm

This was what i was expecting Rochas to expand and make viable again. Anyone remember the 'ikuola nku' initiative? Whatever happened with that?

And to think that barrel-for-barrel, palm oil is more valuable than crude oil! Just goes to show that, despite the limitations placed on Imo by Nigeria, with a vision-led and purposeful leadership, it ought to be one of the top 5 richest states in Nigeria!

We often moan about how Malaysia came and took samples of our palm nuts in the 60s, and today is making billions of dollars from the entire palm oil industry value-chain, yet all we do is go to Abuja every month, and wait bowl-in-hand for the obligatory handout! Really sad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Xander85:

This was what i was expecting Rochas to expand and make viable again. Anyone remember the 'ikuola nku' initiative? Whatever happened with that?

And to think that barrel-for-barrel, palm oil is more valuable than crude oil! Just goes to show that, despite the limitations placed on Imo by Nigeria, with a vision-led and purposeful leadership, it ought to be one of the top 5 richest states in Nigeria!

We often moan about how Malaysia came and took samples of our palm nuts in the 60s, and today is making billions of dollars from the entire palm oil industry value-chain, yet all we do is go to Abuja every month, and wait bowl-in-hand for the obligatory handout! Really sad!

The stupid politics played by Nigerian host communities is the reason most investors end up running away from Nigeria not even Government. Another issue is old staff of moribund industries that demand for severance from new investors. That's the problem of Imo Palms but the "Ikuola nkwu" slogan was coined to encourage planting of palm trees by every citizen of the State but till this day many people are ignorantly making jest of it. If 5 milliin citizens of Imo State actually plant 10 palm trees each it translates to 50 million.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Orlu

You are recycling old pictures from this same thread. Kindly go back and check for more accurate information. The flyovers look different now as well.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Xander85:

When people complain that some of Rochas' projects look cheap and substandard, this flyover is a good representation of what they mean! Just compare this ugly, uneven looking monstrosity to the sleek and beautiful one delivered by Umahi in Abakaliki! sad

And to even imagine that it is taking the governor over 5 years to complete two flyovers is very disturbing. If Okorocha does not complete those flyovers and make them functional before the end of his tenure, I pity his future political career in Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Ada Palm

I've heard severally from many people that Ada palm was currently dead but the governor said he revived it. I actually don't know the one to believe. If Ada palm is truly not dead, then that is a plus to the governor in the agric sector. I feel Imo state needs to do more in the Agric sector just like Ebonyi and most especially Anambra. In fact, Anambra is a wonder to behold when we are talking about Agriculture because at the time when Ebonyi state ( agric giant of the east ) celebrated 190,000 tonnes of rice production, Anambra was celebrating over 300,000 metric tonnes of rice production and is working towards 600,000 tonnes, and to even imagine that Anambra is the second smallest state in Nigeria. If other SE states like Abia and Imo decide to tow the line of Ebonyi and Anambra, Ndigbo will never suffer food shortage in the future even without importing most crops.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
From Akachi Statue, Ugliest Statue in West Africa

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5493770_tmpcam2120057523_jpegc54053725f3b9f96781dc258efa5931d

Build a flower park around the statue and watch it become the most beautiful statue in West Africa before your eyes.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Build a flower park around the statue and watch it become the most beautiful statue in West Africa before your eyes.

That's the plan and it will eventually be realized. Okorocha is doing thousands of things at the same time and they will all be fully realized slow and steady by the time he will be leaving May 2019.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I've heard severally from many people that Ada palm was currently dead but the governor said he revived it. I actually don't know the one to believe. If Ada palm is truly not dead, then that is a plus to the governor in the agric sector. I feel Imo state needs to do more in the Agric sector just like Ebonyi and most especially Anambra. In fact, Anambra is a wonder to behold when we are talking about Agriculture because at the time when Ebonyi state ( agric giant of the east ) celebrated 190,000 tonnes of rice production, Anambra was celebrating over 300,000 metric tonnes of rice production and is working towards 600,000 tonnes, and to even imagine that Anambra is the second smallest state in Nigeria. If other SE states like Abia and Imo decide to tow the line of Ebonyi and Anambra, Ndigbo will never suffer food shortage in the future even without importing most crops.

Private sector runs agriculture not Government. Ada Palm won't work any time soon because the host communities and former staffs frustrate new investors with their borgus demands. So whatever plans for Agriculture shouldn't be with Ada palm in mind for now. However Imo is the largest producer of Cassava while Abia is the largest producer of Cocoa.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

And to even imagine that it is taking the governor over 5 years to complete two flyovers is very disturbing. If Okorocha does not complete those flyovers and make them functional before the end of his tenure, I pity his future political career in Imo state.

Okorocha has completed 2 flyovers, one underpass and 2 tunnels in the last 3 years. The 2 flyovers and 2 tunnels are already in use while the underpass though completed still has the access road under construction. Okorocha is not a media hype friendly Governor hence the lies about him and secrecy of his projects.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
Abagworo:

That's the plan and it will eventually be realized. Okorocha is doing thousands of things at the same time and they will all be fully realized slow and steady by the time he will be leaving May 2019.

I just pray he completes most or all of the on going projects that he has embarked upon lately especially his 8 lane roads, 290 secondary schools, centenary towers and tree planting programs
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
Abagworo:

Private sector runs agriculture not Government. Ada Palm won't work any time soon because the host communities and former staffs frustrate new investors with their borgus demands. So whatever plans for Agriculture shouldn't be with Ada palm in mind for now. However Imo is the largest producer of Cassava while Abia is the largest producer of Cocoa.

When did Abia start producing Cocoa? Are you sure that Imo state is the largest producer of any farm product in Igboland becauss , from recent occasions, Ebonyi and Anambra are the kings of Agriculture in Igboland, producing majorly Oil Palm, Rice, Cassava, Yam, Vegetables, Maize, Sorghum, Plantain, and Cashew. Enugu state comes next in Agriculture behind Anambra and Ebonyi. Abia are Imo are still far behind others. I see nothing stopping the Imo state government from inviting the indigenous and Chinese farm companies that are in Anambra to come to IMO state and boost the Agricultural sector of the state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
Abagworo:

Okorocha has completed 2 flyovers, one underpass and 2 tunnels in the last 3 years. The 2 flyovers and 2 tunnels are already in use while the underpass though completed still has the access road under construction. Okorocha is not a media hype friendly Governor hence the lies about him and secrecy of his projects.

I never knew the flyover were already in use. Why can't the government come out to defend itself on the projects it has successfully done rather than allow false news to coved the media and ruin the image of the government and the entire state. There are still many people ( Igbos especially ) who live outside Igbo land who still believe that those 2 flyovers are not yet functioning by now.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
A new Citadel of learning is in the making close to the imo state trade and investment center, new owerri.

Credit rytegate.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I never knew the flyover were already in use. Why can't the government come out to defend itself on the projects it has successfully done rather than allow false news to coved the media and ruin the image of the government and the entire state. There are still many people ( Igbos especially ) who live outside Igbo land who still believe that those 2 flyovers are not yet functioning by now.

Okorocha seems to have a plan of aggressive media hype during twilight of 2019 elections. He is allowing his opposition have a field day till their propaganda gets exhausted and ineffective when the chips are down.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2018
with which candidate? lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:06am On Jul 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:08am On Jul 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:08am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by proeast(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

When did Abia start producing Cocoa? Are you sure that Imo state is the largest producer of any farm product in Igboland becauss , from recent occasions, Ebonyi and Anambra are the kings of Agriculture in Igboland, producing majorly Oil Palm, Rice, Cassava, Yam, Vegetables, Maize, Sorghum, Plantain, and Cashew. Enugu state comes next in Agriculture behind Anambra and Ebonyi. Abia are Imo are still far behind others. I see nothing stopping the Imo state government from inviting the indigenous and Chinese farm companies that are in Anambra to come to IMO state and boost the Agricultural sector of the state.
Abia and Cross River are the two biggest Cocoa producers in the East though they are still behind states like Ondo.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

You are wrong on some points. True Anambra and Ebonyi are ahead of Imo in Agriculture, however Imo and Abia are the two major power house of palm products in the east. This is an undisputed fact. We studied it then in school. And it's obvious, seeing the number of palm oil factories springing up yearly.
The fact that they are not playing to the media doesn't mean they do not exist.
Also my family is into the oil business too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.