Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,619 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2398851 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 9:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Charlesdonald:
Pls let's help this thread a lot by striving hard to get new pictures around imo state.......so that we can build a great thread of imo state of our choice here in nairaland
which picshures? grin
same hotels and cheap school building
same Wetheral and Douglas
same orlu and world bank selected pics
wetin remain ? grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2014
Charlesdonald:
Pls let's help this thread a lot by striving hard to get new pictures around imo state.......so that we can build a great thread of imo state of our choice here in nairaland

Lost my pictures but will do fresh ones soon. I've given pictures of Owerri, Orlu and Oguta and thats barely 3 towns. I gave Nwaorieubi hospital as well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Behold the okigwe-afikpo road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2014
I just love the architectural concept of this banquet hall in owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:

Lost my pictures but will do fresh ones soon. I've given pictures of Owerri, Orlu and Oguta and thats barely 3 towns. I gave Nwaorieubi hospital as well.
no wahala I dey ur side
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2014
vanbonattel:

which picshures? grin
same hotels and cheap school building
same Wetheral and Douglas
same orlu and world bank selected pics
wetin remain ? grin
na small pikin mentality dey worry you
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2014
Charlesdonald:
I just love the architectural concept of this banquet hall in owerri
banquet hall or shrine?
na with government money them build that thing?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:

only 4 town
imo state have more tthan 400 towns and your calling four
does it mean nothing is happening in the rest towns grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2014
vanbonattel:

banquet hall or shrine?
na with government money them build that thing?
abeg who get stove I wan cook sunday rice
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Charlesdonald:

Abeg Okigwe -Afikpo road was built by Pius Ayim as Senate President long before Rochas came. Don't associate Rochas to that road
Charlesdonald:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Abeg Okigwe -Afikpo road was built by Pius Ayim as Senate President long before Rochas came. Don't associate Rochas to that road
my friend am not posting Rochas project here what am posting is imo project irrespective of who initiated it abeg ............mthis thread is to promote imo state and not any Governor mind u

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Some people are born critics.They can never see anything good even if Jesus happens 2 be imo state governor. These set of people are myopic and have nothing to offer to humanity.The best is to observe them from their contributions and then ignore them as engaging them in discusion is belittling oneself.However Enugu, Owerri,Umuahia remains the classic towns in igboland.Aba, Onitsha,Nnewi,and Orlu the economic hurbs, Abakaliki,Awka,Asaba,Okigwe,etc are joining the league,so Igboland got it.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mensdept: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chavens:
Some people are born critics.They can never see anything good even if Jesus happens 2 be imo state governor. These set of people are myopic and have nothing to offer to humanity.The best is to observe them from their contributions and then ignore them as engaging them in discusion is belittling oneself.However Enugu, Owerri,Umuahia remains the classic towns in igboland.Aba, Onitsha,Nnewi,and Orlu the economic hurbs, Abakaliki,Awka,Asaba,Okigwe,etc are joining the league,so Igboland got it.

Those towns "REMAIN" classic towns abi? In 2014 and almost 2015, after billions in oil profits, we are celebrating what? Small scale mediocrity
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
@ mensdept, who is this person? Who are you? Just immagine a useless remark.I'm Engr Chavens and wouldn't this clueless and shallow minded remark from you or your likes. Be warned before I track you.I'm not in nairaland for myopic beings like you,so you better keep to your lane.Last warning
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
@ mensdept, for the very last time I wouldn't take this from you on any of my optimistic coments . Don't push me! Be careful
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Agukagu:
When will Imo State begin to see mega and qualitative projects like those in Akwa Ibom State and other states. The beauty of engineering is in working to standards. I wish our governor will embrace quality as a prime factor in projects delivery. Qualitative work is far cheaper in the long run.

Qualitative Projects?

This pit was dug by Okorocha govt for drainage system near St Joseph's Catholic Church at the centre of Orlu, instead of channeling floods to the valley as proposed by former governor of Imo state. Orlu Community raises alarm over Erosion Menace – As building gets submerged

Posted by The Leader News Online on Sunday, September 28, 2014.

House condemned by Erosion in Orlu, Imo State

The people of Uzoubi Umuna Autonomous Community, Orlu Local Government Area, have cried out against the level of flood being experienced in the Community which has affected their farmland and ravaged people’s properties and homes in recent time.
It would be recalled that flood invaded a house located along Amaigbo Road Umuna following a heavy down pour that lasted for several hours at night, which caused the submerging of one of the buildings in the area.
When THE LEADER visited the scene of the incident, some members of the affected family were seen carrying out their properties from the house including, foams, chairs, tables, books and other important items.
A member of the family, who chose to remain anonymous, disclosed that the rain started at about 8pm the previous night and lasted for several hours after they had already gone to bed.

She disclosed that they have not witnessed such flood before despite the fact that the road is close to their house.

She stressed that the major cause of the problem was that a pit very close to the church, where all the flood enters, was filled up. Consequently all the flood from Eziachi, Orlu and other neighboring towns moved to the same location which is directly to that pit, so there is no other place the flood can enter if not to a sloppy area.

She stated that another cause is that gutters which were supposed to be at the two sides of the road, considering the level of flood that passes through the road was existed only on one side while the other side was left without a gutter, which made the flood to easily have access to their house.
She disclosed that the flood affected some of their properties as well as pulled down their fence causing the submerging of the building in front of their house.

http://theleaderassumpta.com/2014/09/28/orlu-community-raises-alarm-over-erosion-menace-as-building-gets-submerged/

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Millionaire fool stop recycling same thing everytime to spoil our State thread. Umuna is flooded and hss been so before we were all born. The Government is trying to help and the topic has been overflogged. PDP people are recycling old news whose original source is from 2005. Maybe I should also repost the old response I gave. This is one of the dividents of Jonathans government failure to address the plight of Igbos.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chidi Nkwopara
FOR the people of Uzoubi, Umuna, Orlu Local Government Area
of Imo State what began as a small season challenge has today
snowballed into a huge disaster.
Trouble began in 1984, when Umusasa, one of the five villages
in Umuna experienced its first flooding. In 1986, the flood
spilled over, destroying farmlands and crops, buildings collapsed,
domestic animals drowned and household furniture were
destroyed.
Today, Umuna has become a pilgrimage centre of sorts where
people go to reflect on the disastrous work of nature. To some
scholars, the community has become an excursion site where
they see and record their findings for the advancement of
knowledge. To yet another group of visitors, the flood site is a
tourist attraction, a seven-day wonder and people are simply
amazed at how residential and commercial buildings were taken
over by flood and their occupants summarily sacked.
Uzoubi, Umuna, is best described as a community in the valley
but presently houses some of the major landmarks associated
with Orlu local council area. Apart from being thickly populated,
this troubled community boasts of the magnificent and soul-
uplifting Saint Joseph’s Catholic Church, the Orie Ugwu and Orlu
International Markets, as well as Evan Enwerem University
Teaching Hospital.
On June 27, 2005, the traditional ruler of the community, Eze
Boniface C. Okereke, the President General, Chief Chris Uzoagba
and Secretary General, Chief Bob Onyeje, sent a letter to one of
their own and the immediate past governor of the state, Chief
Achike Udenwa, titled: “Flood water claims human life in
Uzoubi-Umuna”.
This was their complaint: “The yearly event in Uzoubi-Umuna for
the past 18 years has registered its arrival this year with a claim
of the life of a child of about 12 months. This time, a son of Mr.
Raymond Duruiheoma, a native of Atta in Njaba Local
Government Area, residing at 2, Duruaku Street, Uzoubi-Umuna.
This incident happened 12th June, 2005. Properties lost by the
residents of the said building are estimated in millions of
Naira”.
They also told Udenwa in the said letter that barely two weeks
after another 18-hour torrential rain hit the community, adding
that the additional water over ran the entire community. They
mentioned the worst hit areas as the royal father’s palace,
Duruaku Street, Umusasa Road, Egbunine Street, Nwangaji Street,
Umudiato Road, Ebenator Road, Amaigbo Road, Central School 1
premises, Saint Joseph’s Catholic Church premises and Umuorji
Street.
Explaining how the 12-month old boy died in the flood, the
royal father said: “On this fateful day, the flood was beyond the
control of the dwarf walls, as it pulled down the perimeter wall
and covered all the rooms downstairs at 1 Eze Okereke Road”.
An enraged traditional ruler told Vanguard Metro that “Chief
Udenwa did nothing to ameliorate the plight of his brothers in
Uzoubi-Umuna until he left office”. He recalled with grief how
perimeter fencing of several buildings was pulled down by the
angry flood.
“About 10,000 residential and commercial buildings are
submerged yearly in flood and properties conservatively
estimated at billions of Naira have been lost to the flood. Sheep,
goats, rams, dogs, chickens and other domestic birds were
drowned”, the royal father lamented.
He recalled that the attempt by the past administration to give
access roads to Orlu International Market and the Teaching
Hospital without defined flood discharge points has rendered
many living at the East-end of the International market
homeless. The same poor planning affected the construction
work at Amaigbo Road, hence the over flooding of the Catholic
Church premises and the buildings around it.
Another pathetic aspect of the flood disaster is that of the
primary school built in 1919 by the Catholic Church which is on
the verge of being closed down. If this happens, what is the
fate of the children of school age in this area is the question
begging for answer.
Eze Okereke disclosed that early 2005, FERMA attempted to
rehabilitate the Amaigbo Road but the angry flood sacked them
and the job has remained unattended to till date, despite the
ray of hope ignited in 2009 by the Bureau of Public Procurement
(BPP).
According to a BPP document, BPP/S.1/Vol.VII/09/059, dated
May 21, 2009 and captioned “Certificate of no objection for
award of contract”, the BPP stated: “Having examined your
request and all the documents forwarded confirms that the
project has satisfied all due process requirements for issuance of
no objection for the award of the contract”.
While giving the project name as “construction of Umuna
Erosion Control Works at Orlu Local Government Area of Imo
State”, BPP gave the name of the project contractor and cost as
Messrs C.L.S. Limited and N119,632,175.30 respectively.
The BPP document which was signed by the Director General,
Engr. Emeka M. Ezeh and Engr. Nebolisa O. Emodi, disclosed
that the source of funding is the N120 million under the
Ecological Fund as approved by Mr. President, while the
implementing Ministry/Agency is the National Committee on
Ecological Problems (NCEP)/Anambra-Imo River Basin
Development Authority.
The question now is: When will this project, which was approved
in May 21, 2009, take off? Until the project commences and is
completed, the villagers remain refugees in their land

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/in-orlu-flood-sends-5000-packing/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Agukagu:
When will Imo State begin to see mega and qualitative projects like those in Akwa Ibom State and other states. The beauty of engineering is in working to standards. I wish our governor will embrace quality as a prime factor in projects delivery. Qualitative work is far cheaper in the long run.

Projects? A quality sports stadium built in Orlu was destroyed by Okorocha govt. It started another one. But for nearly three years, work on the new stadium has remained as in these pix below. - no new stadium, no old stadium in Orlu.

As political campaigners exhibit resplendent piksures of completed projects in Owerri for early campaign, count also on use of these too many uncompleted projects in Orlu during the campaign proper.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
millionaireman:

Projects? A quality sports stadium built in Orlu was destroyed by Okorocha govt. It started another one. But for nearly three years, work on the new stadium has remained as in these pix below. - no new stadium, no old stadium in Orlu.

As political campaigners exhibit resplendent piksures of completed projects in Owerri for early campaign, count also on use of these too many uncompleted projects in Orlu during the campaign proper.

Tell that to fools. We have more than 30 pictures from Orlu on this thread already and they are mostly finished.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:

Tell that to fools. We have more than 30 pictures from Orlu on this thread already and they are mostly finished.

More than 30 piksures of dualized Amaigbo Road to Ihialla road, Ilobi and Owus Avenues taken at different locations, and perhaps market stall.

Look, you saw it: due to the many scrapped and uncompleted roads in Orlu area alone, most areas in Orlu have remained disjointed in the last three years. Does the govt even count the economic loss? I am not talking about Orlu-Owerri or Orlu-Akokwa Roads.

This your false contract from federal authorities regarding urban drainage in Orlu, you present it any time talk about saving people from rain floods in Orlu, does federal govt build urban drainage systems for states?

Make I ask you --- are you and present Imo state govt still not tired of using that as an alibi -a pretense - to avoid completing the standard urban drainage system for Orlu, a project done half-way by former Imo governor, Amadi Ikwechegh?

Present that your false federal contract only to fools. Truth is that Federal govt does not build urban drainage system for state governments. The feds can come to control large gully erosion problems in the states.

Federal govt did not build Owerri urban drainage system.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:
Millionaire fool stop recycling same thing everytime to spoil our State thread. Umuna is flooded and hss been so before we were all born. The Government is trying to help and the topic has been overflogged. PDP people are recycling old news whose original source is from 2005. Maybe I should also repost the old response I gave. This is one of the dividents of Jonathans government failure to address the plight of Igbos.

Brilliant abagoro Sir,

what has President Jonathan or federal govt of Nigeria got to do with building a gutter less than 1km long in any state to channel a town's flood water to a nearby valley - as needed to be done in Imo state's Orlu?

You can suffer only fools - gladly. 2015 elections are around the corner, liars like you shall lose their jobs - unless steps are taken to address salient issues in Imo state that can make you retain your PA job.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
millionaireman:

Brilliant abagoro Sir,

what has President Jonathan or federal govt of Nigeria got to do with building a gutter less than 1km long in any state to channel a town's flood water to a nearby valley - as needed to be done in Imo state's Orlu?

You can suffer only fools - gladly. 2015 elections are around the corner, liars like you shall lose their jobs - unless steps are taken to address salient issues in Imo state that can make you retain your PA job.

Show us any single road constructed without drainage in Orlu. All the roads have wide and deep drainage. What you wrote about is a flood zone that Yar'adua approved its control through ecological funds but has been abandoned by Jonathan admin. The issue is clear.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:

Show us any single road constructed without drainage in Orlu. All the roads have wide and deep drainage. What you wrote about is a flood zone that Yar'adua approved its control through ecological funds but has been abandoned by Jonathan admin. The issue is clear.
that's true brother
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
abagoro:

Show us any single road constructed without drainage in Orlu. [/b]All the roads have wide and deep drainage. What you wrote about is a flood zone that Yar'adua approved its control through ecological funds but has been abandoned by Jonathan admin. The issue is clear.

In bold > you can build all roads in Orlu with accompanying gutters, but so long as you do not channel the floods to a lower depression like the Ogidi valley, all the roads with their gutters shall soon be flooded and washed away. Ex-Gov. Ikwechegh started to dig the channeling gutter before Owerri abruptly stopped the job as soon as Ikwechegh left.

@ abagoro or Abagworo: repeat after me: IT IS NO JOB OF THE FEDERAL GOVT TO BUILD DRAINAGE SYSTEMS IN ANY CITY IN ANY STATE.

Your fake federal contract aimed to build urban drainage or control flood zone in Orlu, which you use as an alibi to let IMSG continue to punish people in Orlu as rain floods ravage the area - please stop advising govt and people of Imo state based on fake information.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
millionaireman:

In bold > you can build all roads in Orlu with accompanying gutters, but so long as you do not channel the floods to a lower depression like the Ogidi valley, all the roads with their gutters shall soon be flooded and washed away. Ex-Gov. Ikwechegh started to dig the channeling gutter before Owerri abruptly stopped the job as soon as Ikwechegh left.[/b]

@ abagoro or Abagworo: repeat after me: IT IS NO JOB OF THE FEDERAL GOVT TO BUILD DRAINAGE SYSTEMS IN ANY CITY IN ANY STATE.

Your fake federal contract aimed to build urban drainage or control flood zone in Orlu, which you use as an alibi to let IMSG continue to punish people in Orlu as rain floods ravage the area - please stop advising govt and people of Imo state based on fake information.
mumbo jumbo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Charlesdonald:
mumbo jumbo

Sorry, you attended night school. The well-educated ones must understand what I stated above. Only a fool with less comprehension capability would ascribe mumbo jumbo to that. Have you finished displaying your splendid capital city photos here? - myopic people believe that Imo state begins and ends in Owerri capital city.

Full Definition of MUMBO JUMBO

: an object of superstitious homage and fear
a : a complicated often ritualistic observance with elaborate trappings
b : complicated activity or language usually intended to obscure and confuse
: unnecessarily involved and incomprehensible language : gibberish
: language, behavior, or beliefs based on superstition.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 12:23am On Nov 10, 2014
millionaireman:

Sorry, you attended night school. The well-educated ones must understand what I stated above. Only a fool with less comprehension capability would ascribe mumbo jumbo to that. Have you finished displaying your splendid capital city photos here? - myopic people believe that Imo state begins and ends in Owerri capital city.

Full Definition of MUMBO JUMBO

: an object of superstitious homage and fear
a : a complicated often ritualistic observance with elaborate trappings
b : complicated activity or language usually intended to obscure and confuse
: unnecessarily involved and incomprehensible language : gibberish
: language, behavior, or beliefs based on superstition.

sorry I didn't knw u did not attend school at all please don't be angry

According to the oxford dictionary it stated that mumbo jumbo simply put is a situation or ceremony where an individual tends to say something meaningful but it is absolute nonsense.

So mind you get a good dictionary and ask ur elders to help teach u hw to use it... And they can also help u read it out I knw u don't knw how to read
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 12:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Mumbo jumbo, or mumbo-jumbo, is an English
phrase or expression that denotes a confusing or
meaningless subject. It is often used as humorous
expression of criticism of middle-management and
civil service non-speak, and of belief in practices
based on superstition, rituals intending to cause
confusion or languages that the speaker does not
understand.
Origins and usage
The phrase probably originated from the Mandingo
name Maamajomboo, a masked dancer that took
part in religious ceremonies. Mungo Park's travel
journal, Travels in the Interior of Africa (1795)
describes 'Mumbo Jumbo' as a character, complete
with "masquerade habit", that Mandinka males
would dress up in order to resolve domestic
disputes.[1] In the 18th century mumbo jumbo
referred to a West African god.
According to the Concise Oxford English Dictionary:
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 6:33am On Nov 10, 2014
charlesdonaldson et al, it is absurd for a governor to build that large pit in Orlu centre, or in any town centre, to collect rain floods, call a spade by its name. Catholic churches from Orlu to Owerri have been pleading with IMSG that the flood be rightly channeled to the valley, instead of to that dangerous hole dug by IMSG near the church. The hole worsened the flood problem in the area. Abagworo of NL, like Gov. Okorocha govt insist on playing diversionary politcs, they wronly shift responsibility of building urban drainage system in a state to the federal govt. Since that hole was dug and the flooding problem worsened in Orlu, even the Owerri Catholic journal, The Leader, has featured many articles and photos of the flood problems. Remember Gov. Ohakim and the Catholic church in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2014
millionaireman:
charlesdonaldson et al, it is absurd for a governor to build that large pit in Orlu centre, or in any town centre, to collect rain floods, call a spade by its name. Catholic churches from Orlu to Owerri have been pleading with IMSG that the flood be rightly channeled to the valley, instead of to that dangerous hole dug by IMSG near the church. The hole worsened the flood problem in the area. Abagworo of NL, like Gov. Okorocha govt insist on playing diversionary politcs, they wronly shift responsibility of building urban drainage system in a state to the federal govt. Since that hole was dug and the flooding problem worsened in Orlu, even the Owerri Catholic journal, The Leader, has featured many articles and photos of the flood problems. Remember Gov. Ohakim and the Catholic church in 2011?
let me ask u a question
Does that attribute him not been a good man...........
Look even in akwa ibom where dey. Say the governor is God ...if u go to oron some of d people ar crying

Government is not magic....the problem with nigeria government is continuation...if d next governor after him continues from where he stop imo will be better...but I believe come 2015 all those things will be put in plac .........poco a poco(little by little)all those things will b over
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
This is jacob hotel and suit owerri

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.