Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402776 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abagworo:
Most popular secondary schools in Owerri are wearing a new look. Those in Imo should help with updates.

who will tell our gov?:
the oldest all Girls secondary school in Orlu, aka Morning Star Girls Secondary school, is about to close up. For 3 years running, no road leads to the school, students withdraw after tired of walking bushpaths to schol. A contractor scrap the only road, pour mud and disapeared. The school is not along the major road, so people shall not notice.

Even the road from St Josephs Church to new campus of Imopoly in Orlu has remain closed by a contractor for about 3 years. The school is not along major road also.

imo govt, pls be fair to all.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
Charlesdonald:
Ndi Imo, behold the new look of Akwakuma Girls
Secondary School, Owerri. Rochas Is Working

This is one out of many. If you have more please give us.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Navy demands release of N4.5bn capital vote

By JOSES SEDE Last Modified: 11/24/2014 19:21:19
Tweet

ABUJA - The Nigerian Navy has expressed fear that if the outstanding N4.5 billion capital appropriation for the service in 2013 is not released, the contractual agreement it entered into for the supply of Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) would be breached.

The Chief of Naval Staff, Usman Oyibe Jibrin, who disclosed this yesterday when he appeared before the Senate Committee on Navy to defend the 2014 budget of the service, also said that any spending by the Nigerian Navy should be seen as investment which is capable of addressing the dwindling resources in the country.

He said that if the budget to the service is improved reasonably, it will help to empower the Nigerian Navy to have presence around the Nigeria’s territorial waters, adding that through this, they would be able to take care of the oil theft, pipeline vandalism, which he said, has been affecting the Nigeria economy negatively.

“It is the interest of the nation to equip the Navy to patrol the seas of the country. In the 2014 budget, we will need ships, helicopters, we also have to spend on baracks rehabilitation.

Expenditure of the Nigerian Navy should be seen as investment that would help the economy”, he said.

At this point, the Chief of Naval Staff advocated for the establishment of Naval Trust Fund, saying that funds realised through this approach would go a long way towards meeting the needs of the Nigerian Navy and develop the service.

“This is one way that Nigerian Navy could be developed, it is the way to develop the Navy as it is done in other oil producing countries”, according to him.

Meanwhile, in the presentation which he made to the Senate committee, the Naval boss said that in 2014, the sum of N171.4 billion was proposed by the service for Capital budget, but due to constraint of the envelop system, it was reduced to N7.9 billion, representing 4% of its proposal.

He also said that out of the N7.9 billion, N5.2 billion would be spent on Offshore Patrol Vessels, even as he said that the initial N23.1 billion proposed for overhead, was reduced to N5.1 billion due to the envelop system being operated currently.

He said the N5.1 billion, which represents 30 percent, is not enough to take care of the needs of the service, even as he said this would cause constraint in 2014 programmes of the service.

He added that in 2014, the Navy would spend N56.1 billion on personnel cost, even as he emphasised the need to establish naval base at Oguta Lake, saying the presence of navy there is highly needed.

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/13032014/13032014/news/news2.html#.VHN3NckjIdU

CAN THE OGUTA CREW TELL US MORE ABOUT THE OGUTA PORT, IMO MARINE UNIVERSITY AND NAVAL BASE UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN OGUTA?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
Why I want to return to Government House –Ohakim
By Our Reporter on November 25, 2014 Politics

Our Reporter: TAIWO AMODU, ABUJA

(amodu200910@gmail.com, 08059306448)

Former Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim is in the race for the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) governorship ticket. At an interactive session with newsmen at the party national secretariat in Abuja, he says he is determined to reclaim the State from governor Rochas Okorocha who defeated him in 2011. Ohakim flaunts his previous experience in the office as his competitive edge for the party ticket.

‘’ I have a learning core advantage which no other aspirant have. I have been governor before, no other aspirant in Imo had been governor.

I handed over to the present administration and I know what was where when I left office and I know what to retrieve when I go in.’’

At the moment, the APC is the party in government. Do you think your party, the PDP stands a chance again in Imo, given the fact that the incumbent governor defeated you in 2011?

Thank you very much, the chances of PDP is very bright . The APC is in charge of government today in Imo State, but unfortunately they aren’t in charge of power.

PDP is in power in Imo State, PDP is everywhere, there was a political aggression, I don’t want to go into what happened in Imo in 2011 , it is known to everybody. We won the 2011 election, but one thing led to the other and somebody was declared the winner. Today, everybody is crying in Imo State: men, women, children. Law and order has broken down, the economy is in shambles, we want to return Imo to sanity and everybody is crying.

To show you that people are aggrieved, my standing here today to speak— it may interest you to know that the artisans association, of over one million people actually purchased the form and contributed the money, all of them are saying I must come back to repair and put Imo State back to work, because we have the pan Imo structure, we had touched lives in all parts of the State and with the structure we have today, and with the support of the people, God being on our side, we can rescue the people of Imo State from the calamity that we have found ourselves.

The incumbent governor, Rochas Okorocha has said he is going for the presidential election, would you say he is shelving his second term bid because he is afraid he might not make it back to office?

Well, you are just telling me he isn’t going for governorship, but I know that he is going to run for governorship and I want you to read my lips. We know that he will eventually run for governorship and we pray that he runs for governorship.

Ahead of PDP primaries, there are so many of you in the race. What would you advance as your Unique Selling Points that you think will give you the PDP ticket?

We have formidable aspirants in PDP and that shows that it is the party to beat. If PDP isn’t strong, I don’t think people will decamp from where they were, to come and join PDP to run for election. I have a learning core advantage which no other aspirant has. I have been governor before, no other aspirant in Imo has been governor. I handed over to the present administration and I know what was where when I left office and I know what to retrieve when I go in. I can hit the ground running without making any other mistakes.

So, I think I have the advantage, because the structure we have in Imo State today, both the party and local government structure, development centers, those structures that were demolished by the present administration were inhabited by human beings and the party would harness them, if I am offered the ticket.

We must start from the known to the unknown, I can run with any candidate even the present governor, issue for issue. He has that advantage and I also have that singular advantage. I want to put a caveat; there is no aspirant in PDP today that cannot be a better governor. But the advantage I have is the pan Imo structure: I have the youths, the ten thousands youths I gave job, if you add their parents and relations, you get seventy thousands votes waiting to be harvested. The leader, the chairman of the ten thousands youth is there, the over one million artisans that bought my form to run for this governorship, the chairman is here.

So, everybody is united. The PDP giving me ticket will leverage on that and I can work with any of the aspirants, there will not be acrimony again.

You will agree with me that the strongest point of a chain is also its weakest point. The PDP today has array of gladiators. Now, the ward congresses have been concluded, acrimony has started. Do you believe that PDP will be able to manage this and not play into the hands of the opposition again?

Thank you very much. With God, I don’t think we will play into the hands of the opposition, because we know what is at stake. Acrimony and cataclysm are ingredients of politics and that’s what leaders are meant for— to be able to manage acrimony. So, I don’t think it is something new.

You left office for the incumbent governor, Rochas Okorochas. You are now going back to challenge the same person that defeated you. Is there any new blueprint in Imo State you haven’t presented, or you weren’t allowed to prosecute while you were in office?

I think this is a wonderful question. I am the only person that forgot the blueprint in government house! I know that everybody in Nigeria or all over the world knows that programmes and projects that create economy isn’t brick and mortar issue. You have to start from the drawing board until you go to the site.

The blueprint, which was a consensus blueprint of Imo State which I started need to be completed. If for example anything happens and I am not given the opportunity to exercise my tenure which is one more tenure to go, Imo State will be losing about N20 billion on uncompleted projects. And right now, if you look at programmes and projects we have started, most of them have suffered a lot of dislocations—some of the foreign investors have taken the present administration to court, we have over N4million judgment debt hanging on government. All the governance structures we erected have been demolished and that’s why people are craving that I should come back.

We erected the structures, we shall continue to complete our projects and seamlessly hand over to the next zone that should take the slot as the case may be. So, I have a blueprint, not Ikedi Ohakim blueprint, but the blueprint of Imo State— not one man blueprint.

You will agree with me that on assumption of office, the Imo state government set up a Committee, headed by one of the greatest Nigerian, Honourable Justice Chukuwudifu Oputa, who came out with the blueprint to be implemented called, ‘’The Pathway’’ and we were following it religiously. You will agree with me that in 2008 and 2009 Imo won the Federal Ministry of Environment prize as the cleanest city in Nigeria. In MDG, we scored number one, in rural development, we won World Bank prize, the Bank gave us $60million .

So, every programmes and projects we embarked upon what we have come to do is to complete the unfinished business.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=92479

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
RareDiamond:
Why I want to return to Government House –Ohakim
By Our Reporter on November 25, 2014 Politics

Our Reporter: TAIWO AMODU, ABUJA

(amodu200910@gmail.com, 08059306448)

Former Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim is in the race for the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) governorship ticket. At an interactive session with newsmen at the party national secretariat in Abuja, he says he is determined to reclaim the State from governor Rochas Okorocha who defeated him in 2011. Ohakim flaunts his previous experience in the office as his competitive edge for the party ticket.

‘’ I have a learning core advantage which no other aspirant have. I have been governor before, no other aspirant in Imo had been governor.

I handed over to the present administration and I know what was where when I left office and I know what to retrieve when I go in.’’

At the moment, the APC is the party in government. Do you think your party, the PDP stands a chance again in Imo, given the fact that the incumbent governor defeated you in 2011?

Thank you very much, the chances of PDP is very bright . The APC is in charge of government today in Imo State, but unfortunately they aren’t in charge of power.

PDP is in power in Imo State, PDP is everywhere, there was a political aggression, I don’t want to go into what happened in Imo in 2011 , it is known to everybody. We won the 2011 election, but one thing led to the other and somebody was declared the winner. Today, everybody is crying in Imo State: men, women, children. Law and order has broken down, the economy is in shambles, we want to return Imo to sanity and everybody is crying.

To show you that people are aggrieved, my standing here today to speak— it may interest you to know that the artisans association, of over one million people actually purchased the form and contributed the money, all of them are saying I must come back to repair and put Imo State back to work, because we have the pan Imo structure, we had touched lives in all parts of the State and with the structure we have today, and with the support of the people, God being on our side, we can rescue the people of Imo State from the calamity that we have found ourselves.

The incumbent governor, Rochas Okorocha has said he is going for the presidential election, would you say he is shelving his second term bid because he is afraid he might not make it back to office?

Well, you are just telling me he isn’t going for governorship, but I know that he is going to run for governorship and I want you to read my lips. We know that he will eventually run for governorship and we pray that he runs for governorship.

Ahead of PDP primaries, there are so many of you in the race. What would you advance as your Unique Selling Points that you think will give you the PDP ticket?

We have formidable aspirants in PDP and that shows that it is the party to beat. If PDP isn’t strong, I don’t think people will decamp from where they were, to come and join PDP to run for election. I have a learning core advantage which no other aspirant has. I have been governor before, no other aspirant in Imo has been governor. I handed over to the present administration and I know what was where when I left office and I know what to retrieve when I go in. I can hit the ground running without making any other mistakes.

So, I think I have the advantage, because the structure we have in Imo State today, both the party and local government structure, development centers, those structures that were demolished by the present administration were inhabited by human beings and the party would harness them, if I am offered the ticket.

We must start from the known to the unknown, I can run with any candidate even the present governor, issue for issue. He has that advantage and I also have that singular advantage. I want to put a caveat; there is no aspirant in PDP today that cannot be a better governor. But the advantage I have is the pan Imo structure: I have the youths, the ten thousands youths I gave job, if you add their parents and relations, you get seventy thousands votes waiting to be harvested. The leader, the chairman of the ten thousands youth is there, the over one million artisans that bought my form to run for this governorship, the chairman is here.

So, everybody is united. The PDP giving me ticket will leverage on that and I can work with any of the aspirants, there will not be acrimony again.

You will agree with me that the strongest point of a chain is also its weakest point. The PDP today has array of gladiators. Now, the ward congresses have been concluded, acrimony has started. Do you believe that PDP will be able to manage this and not play into the hands of the opposition again?

Thank you very much. With God, I don’t think we will play into the hands of the opposition, because we know what is at stake. Acrimony and cataclysm are ingredients of politics and that’s what leaders are meant for— to be able to manage acrimony. So, I don’t think it is something new.

You left office for the incumbent governor, Rochas Okorochas. You are now going back to challenge the same person that defeated you. Is there any new blueprint in Imo State you haven’t presented, or you weren’t allowed to prosecute while you were in office?

I think this is a wonderful question. I am the only person that forgot the blueprint in government house! I know that everybody in Nigeria or all over the world knows that programmes and projects that create economy isn’t brick and mortar issue. You have to start from the drawing board until you go to the site.

The blueprint, which was a consensus blueprint of Imo State which I started need to be completed. If for example anything happens and I am not given the opportunity to exercise my tenure which is one more tenure to go, Imo State will be losing about N20 billion on uncompleted projects. And right now, if you look at programmes and projects we have started, most of them have suffered a lot of dislocations—some of the foreign investors have taken the present administration to court, we have over N4million judgment debt hanging on government. All the governance structures we erected have been demolished and that’s why people are craving that I should come back.

We erected the structures, we shall continue to complete our projects and seamlessly hand over to the next zone that should take the slot as the case may be. So, I have a blueprint, not Ikedi Ohakim blueprint, but the blueprint of Imo State— not one man blueprint.

You will agree with me that on assumption of office, the Imo state government set up a Committee, headed by one of the greatest Nigerian, Honourable Justice Chukuwudifu Oputa, who came out with the blueprint to be implemented called, ‘’The Pathway’’ and we were following it religiously. You will agree with me that in 2008 and 2009 Imo won the Federal Ministry of Environment prize as the cleanest city in Nigeria. In MDG, we scored number one, in rural development, we won World Bank prize, the Bank gave us $60million .

So, every programmes and projects we embarked upon what we have come to do is to complete the unfinished business.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=92479

If there is any state in Nigeria that has Massive number of qualified manpower, Imo state is one of them.
Apart from the fact that i don't support recycling of old politicians and military men as if they are all that a country of 170 million people can offer, Ohakim was a criminal. Ohakim wasted many opportunities and years of development for Imo state. He is bad news that should be confined to our unfortunate past.

Imo will present her most brilliant and progressive sons/daughters to take the state to her deserved pride of place in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
What this thread was meant to be was deviated when people started political battles instead of facing the topic. Ohakim tried his best which made me support him in the 2011 elections for Okigwe zone to complete their tenure. I will still support his comeback ahead of all other criminals gunning for Douglas house. Okorocha is a legend and has proven that so much can be done with limited time and funds.

This is the road that cuts through IMSU and Bishops court. It is being dualised and extended further to cut through MCC road and join Egbu road. It was one of Ohakim's unrealized dreams of a ring road. The other is Emmanuel college 3 weeks later.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Abagworo:
What this thread was meant to be was deviated when people started political battles instead of facing the topic. Ohakim tried his best which made me support him in the 2011 elections for Okigwe zone to complete their tenure. I will still support his comeback ahead of all other criminals gunning for Douglas house. Okorocha is a legend and has proven that so much can be done with limited time and funds.

This is the road that cuts through IMSU and Bishops court. It is being dualised and extended further to cut through MCC road and join Egbu road. It was one of Ohakim's unrealized dreams of a ring road. The other is Emmanuel college 3 weeks later.
Ohakim had visionary ideas for Imo state. I supported him during his first tenure on his quest to beautify Imo while making it a tourist destination. Yet, his greatest undoing was leaving PPA for PDP and aligning with some known political thieves of our dear state. Men like Nzeribe, Nwanyanwu, Obi and other godfathers our people hated so much. He felt with these persons on his side, he could easily hoodwink Ndimo and sail to electoral victory. However, rather than do the work he was voted for, he busied himself bullying oppositions - A sort of a de facto Abacha.
Imolite had high expectation from his government. Yet, the developments Imolites saw in their state was mainly billboard infrastructures.
For me, Ohakim is a wasted bullet in Imo politics. Him and his cronies are now history, never to be remembered again. The man we know now is Rochas.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unemadu: 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Imo Amaka smiley
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
I'm impressed. Nice pix. You cant hide development. Between 2011-2014, I've seen development come to our dear Imo State.

Keep up the good work Owelle.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
[size=18][b]
The first day i saw ohakim at dan ayiam stadium in 2007...
I was very happy that a new messiah is born in imo state to replace achike udenwa...
To my greatest surprised,
this man suffered a lot of imo state students by embarking on constant internal strikes in 2008 and 2009
and even in 2010 to 11.....
Ohakim could not even developed his own town in isiala mbano where he come from..
His reasons was becos,they didnt voted for him.cheesy
Imagine a soul without forgiveness....

Orji people in owerri north dont joke with ohakim because he put a
road light and tarred their roads for them...
hence,they want him instead of rochas in 2011...

But as per the students choice as at then in 2011 was rochas
who visited many churches like
the popular praise tarbanacle in bishop cults.(danger zone),...
Winners chapel in works layout.(yellow zone)....
and st joseph or augustine(cant remember)catholic church inside imsu premises.(students zone).

That was how he won the students heart..

Ohakim failed to realised that election is coming and to make the matter worst,his aides beat a rev father....
Alarm blew...
he has forgotten that ndigbo respects rev fathers more than a pastors...

in my perspective,
irrespective that ohakim is my far away brother frm the east zone...
I will never ever support him as a brother to me....
He had a chance to transformed imo state and dredge nworie river to a tourist zone and make imo state a wonderful and colourful state but he loot the funds..
why i dislike his ways....

he came to lagos with his lousy mouth to deludes imo indigenes in lagos via AIT TV that he had build a flyover and a tarred road in imo state..
Blah blah and blah with eyes pretending to look at me via tv station..
While they are all lies from the pit of hell..
i travelled to imo state and i saw nothing new...
and again ,he said he is going to dredge nworie river with 8billion naira...
I remember the figure,yes 8billion,hmmm,cool cash for imo state to his personal needs..
cool and gang,this man ate the 8billion naira money and the next thing i heard frm newspaper is that,
ohakim had built an hotel in southafrica....cheesy

my people ,my people in rochas voice,
Pls and pls,will yu advise an imo indigenes to vote for ohakim again??
after many opportunity he failed to visualised in imo state...

Anyway i stand to be corrected if i said something wrong against ohakim...
But is all good to fish out his past failures..cheesy

See how i dey narrate imo politics on ohakim...
as if i was born and bred there.....
it s good to travel o cheesy...
one love..[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Abagworo:

i doubt you know ohakim's history before he became governor...as far as i am concerend he is history in imo.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
to all imo people here,the next guber election is not to be treated lightly due to the reality that is dawning on us about dwindling oil revenue...we have to be quite careful about whoever we might want to choose as the person must posses the ability to steer the state in the coming yrs otherwise ugbo akuo for us....the last thing we need is a political jobber for governor...i am still at sea at what other source of revenue we can rely on due to the nature of our state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:04am On Nov 28, 2014
more of the school and the same rooad

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:05am On Nov 28, 2014
The peoples Governor

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:09am On Nov 28, 2014
ROYALD:
The peoples Governor
hope the road would be finished before may 29th next yr this one that rochas is not recontesting for governorship.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:09am On Nov 28, 2014
Ochiedike diagnosis center

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:10am On Nov 28, 2014
on Ochiedike diagnasis

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 1:11am On Nov 28, 2014
yes oooooooooooo

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
asha80:
i doubt you know ohakim's history before he became governor...as far as i am concerend he is history in imo.
i doubt too,becos ifeanyi ararueme is meant to be the governor of imo state if he had no problems with obasanjo...
Ohakim to me,he is just an opportunist who became a governor of imo state because it s the turn of okigwe zone to produce a governor since pdp gubernatorial aspirant is having problems with the president as at then..
this edge gave ohakim frm ppa party the previledge to become the governor of imo state.
i would have prefare ifeanyi ararueme as a governor than ohakim
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
emmysoftyou:
i doubt too,becos ifeanyi ararueme is meant to be the governor of imo state if he had no problems with obasanjo...
Ohakim to me,he is just an opportunist who became a governor of imo state because it s the turn of okigwe zone to produce a governor since pdp gubernatorial aspirant is having problems with the president as at then..
this edge gave ohakim frm ppa party the previledge to become the governor of imo state.
i would have prefare ifeanyi ararueme as a governor than ohakim
guy i group ararume the way i group ohakim...people that imo state can do without...none of those two is worthy to become a governor.....to me now i prefer a chris anyanwu or a emmanuel iheanacho or obi adim.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
Urualla Imo State

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Cancer palliative centre built with deductions from salary of Imo State civil servants. Government is all of us.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Abagworo:
Urualla Imo State
nice one
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
Abagworo:
Cancer palliative centre built with deductions from salary of Imo State civil servants. Government is all of us.

If built with deductions from the salary of Imo civil servants, that Cancer palliative centre, Owerri, could have been of better service to Imolites if it were located at the State's University teaching hospital, Orlu, to upgrade the quality of its graduates, upgrade research and image of the hospital.

Why all the Okorocha penchant to locate every important infrastructure from his govt only in the state capital?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Orlu town

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2014
How much contributions do a few two-carriage roads and market stalls make in developing a town?

If, for example, Okorocha govt had located its Ikemba Ojukwu square in Ahiara Mbaise area - instead of locating it in the state capital - it would have made more sense for a tourism centre considering Odumegwu Ojukwu and Ahiara Declaration.

Gov. Okorocha is propagating the wrong idea that a state's capital must have all the important development infrastructures provided by a state govt. That could be reason why he partially demolished the only sports stadium in Orlu, has failed to provide a new one, but instead built two stadium-like infrastructures in the state capital.

These uncompleted market stalls and the too many other uncompleted road projects in Orlu may remain so for donkey years to come when Okorocha leaves govt house next year.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2014
millionaireman:
How much contributions do a few two-carriage roads and market stalls make in developing a town?

If, for example, Okorocha govt had located its Ikemba Ojukwu square in Ahiara Mbaise area - instead of locating it in the state capital - it would have made more sense for a tourism centre considering Odumegwu Ojukwu and Ahiara Declaration.

Gov. Okorocha is propagating the wrong idea that a state's capital must have all the important development infrastructures provided by a state govt. That could be reason why he partially demolished the only sports stadium in Orlu, has failed to provide a new one, but instead built two stadium-like infrastructures in the state capital.

These uncompleted market stalls and the too many other uncompleted road projects in Orlu may remain so for donkey years to come when Okorocha leaves govt house next year.

The best thing Okorocha has done for Imo people is the dualization of Orlu/Owerri highway from Owerri to Orlu town cutting across dozens of densely populated towns and even extending same to Akokwa. What it means is that Orlu and Owerri will have a symbiotic relationship in the nearest future as you can live in Orlu or any other towns along the highway and work in Owerri or vice versa. That road cuts across Mbieri, Ubomiri, Nwaorieubi, Orodo, Umuaka, Nkume etc. In addition to the highway these communities have had some of the inner village roads done and made easily accessible to the highway.

More from Orlu.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Imo capital.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Along Ikenegbu

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Abagworo:

the dualization of Orlu/Owerri highway from Owerri to Orlu town cutting across dozens of densely populated towns and even extending same to Akokwa. .

Agree with you on the good thing in modernization of Owerr-Orlu-Akokwa road. But as there is practically little government activity elsewhere in Imo state outside the state capital, the road shall serve more people moving to Owerri than returning, .

Question is: when the modernized Owerri-Orlu-Akokwa road needs maintenance soon, shall a new govt in Douglas House, Owerri, take interest in repairing it, since little or no activity frequently takes govt officials, the professionals and the wealthy of Imo state out of Owerri?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
millionaireman:

Agree with you on the good thing in modernization of Owerr-Orlu-Akokwa road. But as there is practically little government activity elsewhere in Imo state outside the state capital, the road shall serve more people moving to Owerri than returning, .

Question is: when the modernized Owerri-Orlu-Akokwa road needs maintenance soon, shall a new govt in Douglas House, Owerri, take interest in repairing it, since little or no activity frequently takes govt officials, the professionals and the wealthy of Imo state out of Owerri?

Owerri, Orlu, Nkwerre, Anara etc is like one big city without connecting roads. Believe me if Okorocha completes Owerri to Akokwa this 1st tenure and then Completes Owerri to Anara and the Anara to Orlu via Amaigbo, a new city close to the size of Lagos must have been born.

On a side note Owerri seems to be the only City in the Southeast without sand deposits on its road. 2nd may be Umuahia which is also neat but smaller.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.